• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
There is still hope for Rex and Elma! We have two slots left!
Would they double dip in the same pass though?

Rex is done on account of being in Pythra’s move set and final smash, but Elma may have a shot if:
  • There’s no X content WHATSOEVER in Pythra’s presentation. No Elma Mii; X Spirits are not in Pythra’s Spirit Board; no X music... AND:
  • They announce a third pass

I think that’s Elma’s best hope at this point. And it’s looking slim.

KiyoXDragon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KiyoXDragon
3DS FC
2981-7067-0666
Switch FC
SW-1752-3317-0324

Rex is done on account of being in Pythra’s move set and final smash, but Elma may have a shot if:
  • There’s no X content WHATSOEVER in Pythra’s presentation. No Elma Mii; X Spirits are not in Pythra’s Spirit Board; no X music... AND:

At this point I can just hope for a XCX Switch Port with updated XC2 graphics.

Limitbreakfull

Smash Rookie
Welp Elma crew, it's been real nice speculating/theorizing with you all. Even though Elma didn't get in, at least we got another Xenoblade Rep. I started to lay off the speculation a little bit after Steve was announced, and my hunch was right. It was nice peeking in here from time to time though.

I guess all we can do now is pray for a decent port of X. 👏

Although one has to wonder, if we're getting Splatoon 3 on Switch, could a Third Fighter's Pass be on the way?🤔 Just something to think about.

KiyoXDragon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KiyoXDragon
3DS FC
2981-7067-0666
Switch FC
SW-1752-3317-0324
Welp Elma crew, it's been real nice speculating/theorizing with you all. Even though Elma didn't get in, at least we got another Xenoblade Rep. I started to lay off the speculation a little bit after Steve was announced, and my hunch was right. It was nice peeking in here from time to time though.

I guess all we can do now is pray for a decent port of X. 👏

Although one has to wonder, if we're getting Splatoon 3 on Switch, could a Third Fighter's Pass be on the way?🤔 Just something to think about.
A third fighter pass would be wonderful. We can hope!

Nihilem

Smash Apprentice
There is still hope for Rex and Elma! We have two slots left!
Well Rex Moveset would not make any sense without pyra in it. So the only possibility would be anecho fighter, but shulks moveset also does not really fit rex so I think he will stay in Pyras background.

KiyoXDragon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KiyoXDragon
3DS FC
2981-7067-0666
Switch FC
SW-1752-3317-0324
Well Rex Moveset would not make any sense without pyra in it. So the only possibility would be anecho fighter, but shulks moveset also does not really fit rex so I think he will stay in Pyras background.
Maybe he can be an echo fighter of Pyra/Mythra?

Nihilem

Smash Apprentice
Sorry everyone, it looks like the spin-off curse struck again.

If we won't see confirmation of a XCX port for a while, at least it would be nice to see Elma get a Mii as compensation.
I am pretty sure there will be an elma Mii coming with Pyra. Which significantly rises her changes for the next Xenoblade Character in an future smash .... unless there is a new protagonist coming in the correct time spot.

Calamitas

Smash Champion

Yeah, that's where I'm at right now. No X content in the Sakurai presents (which wouldn't be impossible, considering that Byleth came with just 3H content)? Then there's a chance. An extremely slim one, and probably only as the final character in the pass, but a chance. If there is any content? Then we're completely done and can only hope that at least the ****ing port finally happens eventually.

Sorry everyone, it looks like the spin-off curse struck again.
It still ain't a spin-off.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Sorry folks, while I am a XB2 fan at heart, I would have been pretty cool if Elma got in. If only because she's cool & any new Xeno rep is a good rep imo.

Still, hope we can get some XBX musics this time around, you deserve it.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yeah, that's where I'm at right now. No X content in the Sakurai presents (which wouldn't be impossible, considering that Byleth came with just 3H content)? Then there's a chance. An extremely slim one, and probably only as the final character in the pass, but a chance. If there is any content? Then we're completely done and can only hope that at least the ****ing port finally happens eventually.

It still ain't a spin-off.
You forgot the possibility of a third pass. I think Sakurai may reconsider this being the last DLC given how well it’s performed sales wise

I hope at least

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
Elma being a Mii Costume and XCX receiving music in Smash (and a port to Switch) is probably the best thing they could do. Pyra & Mythra are coming, so I hope they don't end up adding another Xenoblade character in a later DLC (would have a chance in a third fighters pass if there is one). Kind of sucks for Elma, but we'll see what Pyra & Mythra come with.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Elma being a Mii Costume and XCX receiving music in Smash (and a port to Switch) is probably the best thing they could do. Pyra & Mythra are coming, so I hope they don't end up adding another Xenoblade character in a later DLC (would have a chance in a third fighters pass if there is one). Kind of sucks for Elma, but we'll see what Pyra & Mythra come with.
If we get a non-Elma Xenoblade dlc after Pythra I’d be cool with Melia or Mecha-Fiora

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Honestly, I don't really see them double-dipping with Xenoblade (well technically, triple-dipping since Pyra & Mythra are 2 characters).
Maybe not this pass, but next

we did get two FE peeps for DLC in 4 after all even if one was a veteran

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
I hope there is a third pass.

I love the inclusion of Pyra and Mythra since it means that they're willing to add more XB to the roster even if it released a while ago (and I love XB2), but it has honestly put a damper on my hopes for Elma with what we know right now.
No Switch port for X in sight, and I feel this would have been a pretty good opportunity for that or even a teaser for a new Xeno (X) game.

Still hoping but we'll have to see if they decide to add more characters.

Staarih

Smash Master

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I do think Monolith does care about X, if Elma inclusion in XB2 DLC & this piece of art is any indication.
But it's still weird we haven't got much content beside spirits in Ultimate base game.
I still think them hyping up Elma being in Xenoblade 2 has to amount to SOMETHING too...

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I still think them hyping up Elma being in Xenoblade 2 has to amount to SOMETHING too...
We got Shulk & Mythra/Pyra crossover'ing again & it being canon (sort of), since Shulk remember them.

So I feel we will get something with Elma one day, the question is when?

KiyoXDragon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KiyoXDragon
3DS FC
2981-7067-0666
Switch FC
SW-1752-3317-0324
And stanceswap to who? zeke?
The stanceswap would be Pyra ofc.

We got Shulk & Mythra/Pyra crossover'ing again & it being canon (sort of), since Shulk remember them.

So I feel we will get something with Elma one day, the question is when?
Maybe when we get the switch port. I think Elma would be a cooler character to play as over Pyra and Mythra. But I haven't played XCX yet and I can't really play it because my Wii U is broken.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
It's a shame to be honest. In any case I would wait until Pyra/Mythra's showcase personally too see what type of content they get, but even then I don't expect Elma in FP2 anymore since this happened, but I still think she can get in some type of future, whether more DLC or Next Smash

KiyoXDragon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KiyoXDragon
3DS FC
2981-7067-0666
Switch FC
SW-1752-3317-0324
It's a shame to be honest. In any case I would wait until Pyra/Mythra's showcase personally too see what type of content they get, but even then I don't expect Elma in FP2 anymore since this happened, but I still think she can get in some type of future, whether more DLC or Next Smash
Let's hope for DLC Pack 3!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Double-dipping for some series could increase depending on how long the DLC cycle lasts (either until Nintendo officially have Sak say "no more" on stream or the Switch's console support ends, whichever comes first). Likely not by too much.

In the meantime, I'm waiting to see how Splatoon 3 promotion will be handled specifically, since the game's release is an arm's throw away from the end of FP2.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Double-dipping for some series could increase depending on how long the DLC cycle lasts (either until Nintendo officially have Sak say "no more" on stream or the Switch's console support ends, whichever comes first). Likely not by too much.

In the meantime, I'm waiting to see how Splatoon 3 promotion will be handled specifically, since the game's release is an arm's throw away from the end of FP2.
I think if not for COVID, Splatoon 3 would have been announced last year and released this year. So I at least have some hope for the smol veemo/oomi babs 🥺

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

I agree with Rie here and that Elma might still be in this if we see no X content in Pyra/Mythra's Challenger Pack whatsoever. But realistically, I we are going to see that stuff in there and this is the end of the road for Elma's chances in Ultimate. I will still come by here until speculation is over, but I think it's over for Elma guys at least in Ultimate. But Elma still does have a future though and could still be a newcomer in Smash 6 as her story isn't over yet and she'll likely be in Xenoblade Chronicles X2 if that happens.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think if not for COVID, Splatoon 3 would have been announced last year and released this year. So I at least have some hope for the smol veemo/oomi babs 🥺
For me, it's a toss-up between that and the idol duo of the year, depending on if they're more similar in height to the Squid Sisters.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
At this point, I'm honestly not sure which I'd find worse: X music and maybe a costume coming with this next pack, or it not coming with them.

You forgot the possibility of a third pass. I think Sakurai may reconsider this being the last DLC given how well it’s performed sales wise

I hope at least
I didn't forget it. I just don't think it's too terribly likely.

Might be possible. After all, there was this 2020 celebration image with the "SOS - Save our Salmon" hidden message in it.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
At this point, I'm honestly not sure which I'd find worse: X music and maybe a costume coming with this next pack, or it not coming with them.

I didn't forget it. I just don't think it's too terribly likely.

Might be possible. After all, there was this 2020 celebration image with the "SOS - Save our Salmon" hidden message in it.
I still think Salmonlings are gonna become a thing, but I don't know if I should be mentioning that in the Elma thread of all things.

Anyway, if we DO get X music, I at least expect the songs that came with Elma's appearance in XC2. Maybe have a quick mention of that.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

I hope at least
Yeah, for what it's worth Sak tends to go back on anything he says as final, due to circumstances. Well, that and Nintendo are technically still his bosses, so it's up to them if he needs convincing.

Though at least he genuinely enjoys working on this game compared to 4 (two games at once), so we'll see.

In the meantime, I want to see the next round of Mii costumes. Don't think we'll get Torna content due to the track record of game DLC content representation, sadly.

I still think Salmonlings are gonna become a thing, but I don't know if I should be mentioning that in the Elma thread of all things.

Anyway, if we DO get X music, I at least expect the songs that came with Elma's appearance in XC2. Maybe have a quick mention of that.
Don't be shy to swing by the Inkopolis thread, we could use some activity.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yeah, for what it's worth Sak tends to go back on anything he says as final, due to circumstances. Well, that and Nintendo are technically still his bosses, so it's up to them if he needs convincing.

Though at least he genuinely enjoys working on this game compared to 4 (two games at once), so we'll see.

In the meantime, I want to see the next round of Mii costumes. Don't think we'll get Torna content due to the track record of game DLC content representation, sadly.

Don't be shy to swing by the Inkopolis thread, we could use some activity.
Or the Octoling thread, it’s becoming a lot more active and I hope either way that we get the Veemos this pass

AnEasterEgg

Smash Journeyman
Even in the already unlikely event we get a pass 3, another Xeno rep still seems unlikely... It's just not a big enough franchise that I'd expect Nintendo to want another rep so soon.

But I could be wrong. Trying to predict Nintendo is a fool's game in the end.

Given that I consider Elma basically deconfirmed already though, I think having some content with Pyra would be our best hope for Ultimate. It's a harder deconfirm, but the chances of making it as a fighter seem so slim already I'd rather have the consolation prize than go all or nothing.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Even in the already unlikely event we get a pass 3, another Xeno rep still seems unlikely... It's just not a big enough franchise that I'd expect Nintendo to want another rep so soon.

But I could be wrong. Trying to predict Nintendo is a fool's game in the end.
XC2 exceeded expectations, I imagine an X switch port would give it the attention it needs too. Also, XCDE smashed records so. I’d say Xenoblade is one of the big boys

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
A part of me wants to hope that for some reason Sakurai adds Elma and we get another Xenoblade fighter. But I know damn well that's likely not going to happen. We haven't really seen two fighters from the same series within the same Pass (although Pyra and Mythra are technically considered separate, but they are a package deal anyways) Roy and Corrin are pretty much the only exception, mainly because Roy wasn't explicitly added to apease Fire Emblem fans, moreso because he was the popular melee vet, with Lucas being the popular Brawl vet. Elma essentially needs a new fighter's pass to have a real chance at this point.

But then again, if for some reason it does happen and we get Elma in addition to Pyra/Mythra that definitely would be a "Sakurai plays by his own rules" sort of move. I mean he is a big fan of the franchise, although we don't really have any of his thoughts on X as a game, compared to XC2, and we have no statement about the lack of content the game has.

It's totally possible however that we get additional songs from X in addition to any new content from 2, and an Elma Mii Fighter is also a strong possibility. She could literally work as either a swordfighter or gunner. Thought just crossed my mind and I'm hoping for a Morag swordfighter though!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
XC2 exceeded expectations, I imagine an X switch port would give it the attention it needs too. Also, XCDE smashed records so. I’d say Xenoblade is one of the big boys
An X port is definitely a no-brainer, Takahashi just needs enough money for it. As ambitious as he is, I still think it could come with some sort of exclusive content to justify double-dipping like the other former Wii U exclusives, even if it's not a bonus campaign.

Top Bottom