• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I guess all we can do for now is wait till March to see if they include an Elma Mii and/or X spirits and/or X music...

but tbh. Xenoblade did need more representation, so... at least we got it. Here’s again, hoping they don’t forget X

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I really thought it was going to be Elma due to the absence of X music and Rex already being a Mii costume. You can never really predict Sakurai am I right?
Then again ARMS got revisited, with Spring Man being an Assist Trophy in base but Min Min being our playable rep

also the interview said ARMS and Xenoblade 2 characters were too late for base but wanted to revisit them. Therefore, they did. Just... not Rex & Spring Man.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Then again ARMS got revisited, with Spring Man being an Assist Trophy in base but Min Min being our playable rep

also the interview said ARMS and Xenoblade 2 characters were too late for base but wanted to revisit them. Therefore, they did. Just... not Rex & Spring Man.
Now watch all the fanart of Rex and Spring Man drowning their sorrows together lol! I imagine them at a bar drunk and depress.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Ok...that was a surprise. But im ok with this. I like Pyra and Mythra and i loved my time with Xenoblade 2 + more Xenoblade content is always good.

Yeah, i would have preferd Elma but this cool too. At first i thought it was a sequel but nope. Im looking forward to the presentation in march (watch it its gonna be on my birthday^^).

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
Always the bridesmaid, never the bride, eh?

I got the XC2 rep I prefered at least, but sitting on the edge of a knife for weeks while we wait to see if XCX gets anymore content in Smash will be rough. If so, I'll be happy to finaly get something, if not, hope remains, and with Pyra's addition, Xenoblade is now a series represented in Smash, as I've always said, whoever they add from Xenoblade, only makes more representation in the future more likely. For now I suppose we focus on Xenoblade X getting a port, and seeing how that does, and on Smash getting more seasons beyond this one.

Is Sakurai going 2 for 2 in deconfirming mysterious alien heroes inhabiting fake bodies?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Always the bridesmaid, never the bride, eh?

I got the XC2 rep I prefered at least, but sitting on the edge of a knife for weeks while we wait to see if XCX gets anymore content in Smash will be rough. If so, I'll be happy to finaly get something, if not, hope remains, and with Pyra's addition, Xenoblade is now a series represented in Smash, as I've always said, whoever they add from Xenoblade, only makes more representation in the future more likely. For now I suppose we focus on Xenoblade X getting a port, and seeing how that does, and on Smash getting more seasons beyond this one.

Is Sakurai going 2 for 2 in deconfirming mysterious alien heroes inhabiting fake bodies?
ESPECIALLY if they announce "more fighters in development!" during Pyra's presentation

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
The more I think about it, the more I think we need to wait til the presentation before we fret too much. We always expect a ton of mii costumes based on the franchise that gets in and we end up getting 2 or 3, I'm thinking maybe we get Poppi, Morag and Zeke + some returning costumes from Smash 4 and MAYBE Elma. If we get nothing, no music, no costumes, then we have a choice. Give up or be back in for the long haul.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The more I think about it, the more I think we need to wait til the presentation before we fret too much. We always expect a ton of mii costumes based on the franchise that gets in and we end up getting 2 or 3, I'm thinking maybe we get Poppi, Morag and Zeke + some returning costumes from Smash 4 and MAYBE Elma. If we get nothing, no music, no costumes, then we have a choice. Give up or be back in for the long haul.
like i said, if they go **** it and say HEY LOOK MORE FIGHTERS STILL and there's no Elma Mii or X music, she's been given the rare second chance, just like Neku, another square enix rep I supported before Sephiroth came along. no Neku Mii, no TWEWY music, all he needs is that more fighters announcement and he's been given a second chance

look on the bright side I say

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Its bittersweet because I really wanted Elma....but Pyra/Mythra still looks pretty cool.

Interesting that this is tge second time we got the not quite the main character in Smash. In fact in this pass Steve is the only main mascot/protagonist that we got.

I'm doubtful Elma's still in the running since I'm not confident they will double dip in the same franchise, for this pass. Of course it ain't over till its over but I'm not holding my breath.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Its bittersweet because I really wanted Elma....but Pyra/Mythra still looks pretty cool.

Interesting that this is tge second time we got the not quite the main character in Smash. In fact in this pass Steve is the only main mascot/protagonist that we got.

I'm doubtful Elma's still in the running since I'm not confident they will double dip in the same franchise, for this pass. Of course it ain't over till its over but I'm not holding my breath.
if you wanna count 4, depending on your interpretation, getting Robin & Lucina before Chrom may count as this too

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
I would have preferred Elma but I'm happy with Pyra/Mythra because we needed a new Xenoblade Chronicles representative.

It was fun talking about Elma making it in but my next character selection is going to be a Galar Pokémon.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I'm going to be honest.

Yes, I wanted Elma more than any other Xenoblade rep...

...But, I can't lie, it's nice that Mythra got in, with no Rex as the main guy. A lot of my issues with XC2 stemmed from how much I hated Rex and how the early game stuff soured me, but I've talked to people I love who love late-game XC2, who love Pyra and Mythra, and who love the side characters in XC2 such as Pandoria and Morag. And seeing those friends happy makes me happy.

I hope we get X music from this. My hopes aren't high, but I will say in the end it's still a fun result for me that I'm happy with. And who knows - the X remake or sequel could happen some day, and then...who knows? Perhaps Elma will get her shot.

Abade

Smash Apprentice
Pyra and Mythra joining Smash just tells me that more planned Spirit Battles are finally being realized. Poppi is one and so is Formula as was brought up a few times in this thread.
Min Min's Spirit Board includes Ribbon Girl and Ninjara
whom were originally intended to have Spirit Battles
https://www.ssbwiki.com/Unused_content_(SSBU)#Spirit_Battles
https://www.ssbwiki.com/Unused_content_(SSBU)/Spirit_Battles
I can only hope that Formula which was intended to have one as well will finally get one too instead of having to acquire certain Spirit Cores to summon it.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'm going to be honest.

...But, I can't lie, it's nice that Mythra got in, with no Rex as the main guy. A lot of my issues with XC2 stemmed from how much I hated Rex and how the early game stuff soured me, but I've talked to people I love who love late-game XC2, who love Pyra and Mythra, and who love the side characters in XC2 such as Pandoria and Morag. And seeing those friends happy makes me happy.

I hope we get X music from this. My hopes aren't high, but I will say in the end it's still a fun result for me that I'm happy with. And who knows - the X remake or sequel could happen some day, and then...who knows? Perhaps Elma will get her shot.
The hope is that Elma dodges the bullet entirely and a third pass is announced. Just like with Neku as aforementioned

also a thought

Pythra is our first stance character, you could say. COULD this bode well for Elma in a third pass (if again, she survives this pack by account of no spirit board, no costume and no music) if it were to implement a twin sword/twin gun switch mechanic?

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to be honest.

Maybe this time Rex can dance in the corner while Pyra and Mythra get to have all the fun.

Wisehunter

Smash Apprentice
That is an odd feeling. Sucks to see a xenoblade 2 character getting in before a X one. Did a like the trailer and everything I saw? Well, yes, quite a lot, and yet, I cannot shake the feeling of well, being pissed off. Had Elma already be in the game before, this here would be a blast, but as it is, with X barely acknowledge? Errgh, pathetic. And it kinda kills Elma chances, and it even makes me fear of they won't do a xenoblade x port (I really hope I am wrong here).

Elma should be in since smash 4 DLC in the place of Corrin. This, all of this, with 2 even getting in first, I kinda miss words to express. Even if X gets some music and a mii costume together with Pyra, the idea of being less, will be sent again. Well done, smash team...

Arsh99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Arsh99
I guess the rumor talking about Dora and Boots was referring to Rex being the sidekick to Pyra?

The characters look cool, but I do feel burned about Elma. The ability to switch the moveset on the fly wouldve worked well for her guns and swords as well.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I guess the rumor talking about Dora and Boots was referring to Rex being the sidekick to Pyra?

The characters look cool, but I do feel burned about Elma. The ability to switch the moveset on the fly wouldve worked well for her guns and swords as well.
Pyra doesn’t use a mech...

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I fancy we'll get a Smash Direct before Pyra's release--similar to how we did with the other DLC fighters. That said...here's hoping Elma doesn't get revealed as a Mii costume.

Personally, I think it would be awesome if the last two DLC fighters appeared in a double-reveal trailer. If that happened, I think a clash between Elma and Dante would be amazing.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Well, I hope at least we get a X Definite Edition or a Switch port.

I'm pretty sure the Dora the Explorer reference leak was just a troll making up bs.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Pyra's mech was more of a plot element than anything else. Whereas Elma's mech was actually usable during gameplay. I honestly think Elma's mech would be her Final Smash. I could see it being similar to Fox & Falco's final smashes, in that Elma, Lin, and two other characters barrage the enemy with gunfire. [EDIT] Lin or one of the others could use the Skell's binding on the trapped enemies, while Elma and the rest would wreak havoc.

Looking back, Pyra getting in before Rex really makes me wish they had added Claude instead of Byleth. We've yet to have an archery-based fighter in Smash, and I thought Claude would fit that role perfectly. Mine ideal trailer was one where Byleth gets thrashed by a few Smash fighters--and after returning to Sothis, she suggests choosing one of his students, then chooses Claude.

Last edited:

KiyoXDragon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KiyoXDragon
3DS FC
2981-7067-0666
Switch FC
SW-1752-3317-0324
There is still hope for Rex and Elma! We have two slots left!

Top Bottom