• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I guess you're saying Lin, Shulk and Cross as characters are all people born into the setting who end up being the emotional core through their efforts to improve and understand it. I agree, but there's already less of a focus on a set narrative in X anyway. I think in doing a video essay on this you'd end up tackling how characters serve different purposes between 1, 2 and X. In X particularly there's an important emphasis on the different perspectives characters are bringing. Elma, Vandham/Chausson/Nagi, Lao, Lin and Cross all have wildly differing interpretations of everything that has led up to the setting as we see it (with Elma having had the greatest influence, Cross having literally none and everyone else somewhere inbetween). Characters in 1 and 2 serve more to affect Shulk/Rex's development, while in X they're just more lives you can consider in the grand scheme of the setting.
Yeah, that's about the gist of it. Though honestly, I'd argue that with Rex, the writers (attempt to) do something similar to what they did with Elma, in that his own development isn't as important as the development he brings about in other characters, like Mythra, Nia, Jin and Malos.

So judging by your theory and Vergeben's deconfirm list, it looks like a Xenoverse rep could be very likely which might equal Elma is in Smash. :grinch::twirllink::toadnaani:
Here's how Goku can still win!

See those two “mission” squares?

They’re the last two squares I need to fill to 100% Primordia, but idk where to find those missions... any screenshots would be handy as Google is seldom useful here ironically
Let me direct you to this website. All the information you'd ever need on the segment map, and the ability to simulate probe configurations, too.

And to save you the need to click around that map some more, the missions you're looking for are The Lurker and The Queen is Dead.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
i had a dream lately

it was E3 2021, a digital presentation for Nintendo at least, and they did an unprecedented triple reveal. basically the Crei-MOS leak was real, starting with KOS-MOS (with a T-elos alt), Reimu Hakurei, and Crash Bandicoot. After the three were added to the banner, the words, "THE END" faded in, until a record scratching sound was heard and the screen turned black and white. words below "THE END" appeared, and said "...or is it...?"

the screen suddenly faded to black as I heard her voice:

"It's not over. I'm turning this around!"

quick splash screen for Elma as the first few seconds of Uncontrollable played:

"Elma keeps the rhythm going!"

NOW IN DEVELOPMENT!

and then a square saying Fighter's Pass volume 3, another 6 fighters, with Elma as the opener.

"Find out more this October!"

God that would be a sick dream come true, especially since KOS-MOS and Reimu would be dope to have too

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
i had a dream lately

it was E3 2021, a digital presentation for Nintendo at least, and they did an unprecedented triple reveal. basically the Crei-MOS leak was real, starting with KOS-MOS (with a T-elos alt), Reimu Hakurei, and Crash Bandicoot. After the three were added to the banner, the words, "THE END" faded in, until a record scratching sound was heard and the screen turned black and white. words below "THE END" appeared, and said "...or is it...?"

NOW IN DEVELOPMENT!

and then a square saying Fighter's Pass volume 3, another 6 fighters, with Elma as the opener.

God that would be a sick dream come true, especially since KOS-MOS and Reimu would be dope to have too
<Hawkeye meme>

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
i had a dream lately

NOW IN DEVELOPMENT!

Oh, man. 3 reveals AND another pass. A little unrealistic but I'll allow it (and give me Officer Howard while you're at it)

GolisoPower

Smash Master
i had a dream lately

NOW IN DEVELOPMENT!

I wouldn't be surprised if they did pull something like this off since their last E3 was in 2019. It looks like Nintendo's got their big-guns saved for this year after 2020's pandemic seems to have put a wrench in things, but something like this would certainly milk us of our dopamine.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
i had a dream lately

NOW IN DEVELOPMENT!

OMG! If that really happens, I'm going to scream like a school girl and die of hype.

Velvet Rebirth

Smash Apprentice
i had a dream lately

NOW IN DEVELOPMENT!

Yesss give us all of the girls

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Hello? Is this thing on?
Am I all alone?
Is anyone there?
I need a bigger gun...

LETS GOOOOO 👀
"Never thought I'd see the day..."

Seriously this comes out of nowhere and i'm 100% ok with it!
And Smash is confirmed for it AND i can watch it!!

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
Hello? Is this thing on?
Am I all alone?
Is anyone there?
I need a bigger gun...

LETS GOOOOO 👀
What if they announce Xenoblade Chronicles X Definitive Edition and then they end the presentation with Elma for Smash?

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
I feel like theres a solid chance of XCX coming to Switch being announced tomorrow. It's been long enough since XC:DE, the pool of remaining Wii U titles has nearly completely dried up and Nintendo are preparing to launch a new networking system that XCX would possibly be the best game to take advantage of. Monolith Soft and Nintendo have both reminded us that the game exists, and demand for a port is seemingly at an all time high.

As for Smash, I'm optimistic about them declaring there will be Smash news in the direct. While that certainly isn't a point in favour of Elma, the fact that Smash is being used to bring in the crows for the 1st full Direct in 15 Months says to me that this ride isn't slowing down and I'm honestly wondering if we're getting more than a character reveal. For once I do actually have hope for Elma at as specific event, with maybe a tease of another crowd pleaser at the end.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Little less than 7 hours to go...

not counting on her for this presentation, I’m thinking Reimu from Touhou will be announced, but if they do the More Fighters in Development thing again, that’ll put me at ease for Elma

Top Bottom