• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Okay so the Theory is kind of a Work in Progress, but this Theory might Benefit Elma (though at the cost of other characters)

This links to a Theory (I Made) that says that Vergeben's CP5 Deconfirmation list, might have actually had info on FP2, by also detailing what characters probably won't be in it

The reasoning for this is that the FP2 characters we gotten, Min Min, Steve, and Sephiroth, were not on this deconfirmation list, among these many characters. In Sephiroth's case, it's also important that Geno and Sora were also listed as potential options. If this is the case, it's possible that how Verge's source deconfirmed characters was that they had to have known who was not gonna be playable, and have evidence of it. FP2 was being decided around this time, so names would be floating out

How this could benefit Elma is that the Last Name Vergeben deconfirm before Byleth was revealed was KOS-MOS. Now she's probably the Biggest question mark because Verge Deconfirmed a Bandai Namco character very early on, yet his source was confused on whether KOS-MOS was in or not, which is weird because she is owned by Namco

I think the reason why there may have been some confusion, was because there may have been something in the inside that pointed toward a Monolith soft character being Playable. KOS-MOS is heavily afflicted with Monolith obviously, so perhaps that may have been where the discussions left of. It's also possible that it just pointed towards Nintendo character in General, and Nintendo owns Monolith.

So It would seem that the source was confused on whether she was owned by Monolith and/or Nintendo, or Namco, or it was some joint ownership. If the source just thought KOS-MOS was owned by Namco, it wouldn't matter, but because of the confusion , it might put more spotlight on Nintendo/Monolith

I also think it's weird that if Byleth was known to be Fighter 5, that the Source wouldn't have to be confused, and they could easily deconfirm any character that wasn't in Nintendo

So if the theory that this CP5 Deconfimation list was also deconfirming characters for FP2, just because of the method the Source had to use to Deconfirm characters, and KOS-MOS was a Confusing character to Judge for awhile despite Bandai Namco alreayd being deconfirmed early on, than that raises some interesting Implications

-If KOS-MOS was a confusion because she was thought to be related to Nintendo, than it's hard to tell since we Got Byleth and Min Min who are both Nintendo characters

-If KOS-MOS was a confusion because she was thought to be related to Monolith, that's a Very different Situation because we haven't gotten a New Monolith character in Smash at all. This would especially look good for Elma, since if KOS-MOS was deconfirmed, than that really leaves Rex. In any case, Good for Elma
So judging by your theory and Vergeben's deconfirm list, it looks like a Xenoverse rep could be very likely which might equal Elma is in Smash. :grinch::twirllink::toadnaani:

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
Interesting looking back on 'the list' and seeing how it's been reflected in season 2, of course that's most likely down to pure chance. I still think it's worth considering though, I think people are generally reluctant to look back on older 'leaks,' particularly this one. After no character showed up at the 2019 Game Awards I was so done with this leak, and everything since has seemed so forced.

Elma support is rarely about 'leaks' anyway. I remember the Milk Bosatsu leak got tounges wagging, and honestly I think that was genuinely for Min Min. There was also the 'Dora the Explorer' with a mech leak lol, still assuming that was about Elma, wether it was fake or not.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Interesting looking back on 'the list' and seeing how it's been reflected in season 2, of course that's most likely down to pure chance. I still think it's worth considering though, I think people are generally reluctant to look back on older 'leaks,' particularly this one. After no character showed up at the 2019 Game Awards I was so done with this leak, and everything since has seemed so forced.

Elma support is rarely about 'leaks' anyway. I remember the Milk Bosatsu leak got tounges wagging, and honestly I think that was genuinely for Min Min. There was also the 'Dora the Explorer' with a mech leak lol, still assuming that was about Elma, wether it was fake or not.
I think “Dora the Explorer” was a troll

or who knows, it coulda been tongue in cheek like how Tansut gave Cloud the code name of Luke Skywalker back in the 4 days

and yeah I think Milk Bosatu was referring to Min Min

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Meanwhile, after their Off the Hook figma, I want a Squid Sisters figma

7NATOR

Smash Master
So here is a Part 2/ More analytical look to the theory I Posted here

Theory: Vergeben's Deconfirmation list might have had info on FP2 (PART 2) - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (gamespot.com)

In regards to this thread, IF, and I mean IF this theory is true, then I think it's almost definite there may be a Monolith Soft character

The whole thing with KOS-MOS being "unsure" despite Namco being deconfirm on a Company scale suggest the issue was not knowing who exactly owned her: Monolith Soft/Nintendo or Namco. However a further point is the presence of Reiji and Xiamou on this list. Those two are characters owned by Monolith Soft, and these characters are not the most well-known, nor were even speculated that much. Their precense on this list is weird, and might suggest that perhaps there were hearings of a Monolith Soft character being playable, or at least some form of new content coming from them, Especially if you take into the situation with KOS-MOS

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Theory: Vergeben's Deconfirmation list might have had info on FP2 (PART 2) - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (gamespot.com)

In regards to this thread, IF, and I mean IF this theory is true, then I think it's almost definite there may be a Monolith Soft character

The whole thing with KOS-MOS being "unsure" despite Namco being deconfirm on a Company scale suggest the issue was not knowing who exactly owned her: Monolith Soft/Nintendo or Namco. However a further point is the presence of Reiji and Xiamou on this list. Those two are characters owned by Monolith Soft, and these characters are not the most well-known, nor were even speculated that much. Their precense on this list is weird, and might suggest that perhaps there were hearings of a Monolith Soft character being playable, or at least some form of new content coming from them, Especially if you take into the situation with KOS-MOS
Soooo Elma, LoL, Apex Legends?

...I’ll take it!

I noticed the guy who started the Apex Legends rumor posted in your thread too

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Pretty sure that was a troll since they said something like "boots and a mech" which was referencing Dora's monkey Boots. But I honestly think if it was legit, it would be referencing Tron Bonne whether than Elma.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Pretty sure that was a troll since they said something like "boots and a mech" which was referencing Dora's monkey Boots. But I honestly think if it was legit, it would be referencing Tron Bonne whether than Elma.
Boots could be a stand in for Lin, id think

7NATOR

Smash Master
Soooo Elma, LoL, Apex Legends?

...I’ll take it!

I noticed the guy who started the Apex Legends rumor posted in your thread too
He seems less confident in Apex in FP2 though it seems. Personally I wouldn't be surprised (if he did really hear this stuff) that negotations are currently going on are being made for the Future of Smash

Even if FP2 is the last of Ultimate, I heavily doubt there are no talks for the Future of Smash. I think Nintendo sees the power of these collaborations and wants to have more of them in the future, but Talks can go on for awhile, so it's better to start now and not wait

I have more thoughts on this matter, but that's not related to the thread. In terms of Elma I'm now fully confident she will be Playable to be honest in FP2.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
He seems less confident in Apex in FP2 though it seems. Personally I wouldn't be surprised (if he did really hear this stuff) that negotations are currently going on are being made for the Future of Smash

Even if FP2 is the last of Ultimate, I heavily doubt there are no talks for the Future of Smash. I think Nintendo sees the power of these collaborations and wants to have more of them in the future, but Talks can go on for awhile, so it's better to start now and not wait

I have more thoughts on this matter, but that's not related to the thread. In terms of Elma I'm now fully confident she will be Playable to be honest in FP2.
For all our sakes I hope you’re right about Elma being in this pass...

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
The assumption around here I thought, was always that 'Boots and her trusty backpack' referred to Lin and Tatsu from Xenoblade X, they are also spirits in Smash and both are major characters in X's story, Lin is basically No.2, if you ignore Cross, the player insert character. Lin wears big boots, Tatsu has a huge backpack.

the 'leak' seemed to imply that whilst Dora (Elma?) was in her mech (Skell?) she was joined by Boots (Lin?) and her trusty backpack (Tatsu?). To me it implied the mech was a rare occurance rather than a constant part of the character, ie, a final smash.

I'm far too old to have any Dora the Explorer knowledge, but I know both her and Elma are both explorers, does Dora have a mech though? What's the lore? :p

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The assumption around here I thought, was always that 'Boots and her trusty backpack' referred to Lin and Tatsu from Xenoblade X, they are also spirits in Smash and both are major characters in X's story, Lin is basically No.2, if you ignore Cross, the player insert character. Lin wears big boots, Tatsu has a huge backpack.

the 'leak' seemed to imply that whilst Dora (Elma?) was in her mech (Skell?) she was joined by Boots (Lin?) and her trusty backpack (Tatsu?). To me it implied the mech was a rare occurance rather than a constant part of the character, ie, a final smash.

I'm far too old to have any Dora the Explorer knowledge, but I know both her and Elma are both explorers, does Dora have a mech though? What's the lore? :p
If this is legit tho I can see this being a replica of the pre final battle cutscene with Lin and Tatsu in one Skell, another party member (probably Irina, Gwin or Doug) in another, and Elma’s Skell in the center kinda like the Star Fox characters’ FS. I don’t think they’ve ever shown more than one person inside a Skell’s cockpit view. Tatsu doesn’t count cause he’s a Nopon

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

I watched Dora the Explorer a long time ago when I was a little kid and from what I can remember, she didn't have a mech.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Man, I'm inching to see who's next because if Elma's in I feel like she's next. I don't think any Xenoblade rep would be E3 worthy which is why I think she would be next. But than again, I wouldn't say Palutena was either.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Anyone got that Tansut Cloud leak where he used Star Wars riddles? I wanna check something

but yeah, Dora does NOT have mechs lmao
Here it is:
To coincide with the December launch of Episode VII, the beloved blonde protagonist Luke Skywalker will be revealed, along with a Bespin stage.

Or something along those lines.
they curiously point attention to the blonde hair. Is Bespin all that similar to Midgar though?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Both are inhabited/run by mining companies, I think. (Shinra covers a lot of different fields, but their main interest is draining what's effectively the blood of the planet. Not 100% sure if that counts as mining, though)
you'd sooner associate Luke with Tatooine or something, not Bespin

it's that random bull****ing like Dora suddenly piloting a mech that... actually lends to the suspension of disbelief and makes me kinda humor it?

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Keep in mind that it's Cloud City, Bespin that's in 'The Empire Strikes Back'.
.... ohhhhhhh.

in "Dora"'s case its a lot less subtle with the mech, but then again there's no other believable way to convey "Boots" (Lin) and "Backpack" (Tatsu) if legit

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman

Reiji and Xiaomu are actually owned by Bandai Namco.

When you go to the character select screen in Project X Zone, the copyright is displayed for each character. Still, I'm confident that we're getting a new Monolith Soft character for the fighters pass.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
See those two “mission” squares?

They’re the last two squares I need to fill to 100% Primordia, but idk where to find those missions... any screenshots would be handy as Google is seldom useful here ironically

Top Bottom