• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
You sure it's down since September? Gamexplain just reported now that the website is mysteriously missing in the same video as the one reporting about new Super Nintendo World informations.
Yes, I'm sure.

How the hell does this keep getting spread, the site has been down since SEPTEMBER, seriously people.
https://web.archive.org/web/2019*/pikmin3.nintendo.com

Also the Japanese website is still up
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/ac3j/
They reported unverified information. Great journalistic technique, guys.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Oh holy... i can't believe it.

Of course i hope its Elma but just to have a confirmation about SOMETHING is pretty good in my eyes.
I think it's pretty likely that they tell us more about the future DLC-Characters (if there is another fighter pass i mean.)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hey so

I HEARD SOMEONE FROM MONOLITH SOFT RETWEETED THE ANNOUNCEMENT??

CAN ANYONE CONFIRM???

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Hey so

I HEARD SOMEONE FROM MONOLITH SOFT RETWEETED THE ANNOUNCEMENT??

CAN ANYONE CONFIRM???
I'm looking at the japanese twitter account right now but there is nothing.

Even if they retweeted it, that doesn't have to mean anything. They did that in the past already, if i remember.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
How long after the tweet of the Nov 1 direct was posted did Soraya Saga retweet it? (That was where the Rex costume was shown, fyi) maybe give it a couple hours first

maybe even keep an eye out for any statements from Caitlin Glass... or even Hiroyuki Sawano...

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
The mystery behind this character has got me super excited. I hope it's Elma but anything goes at this point.

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
Heres to hoping Elma is character 5. Whoever it is it seems like they aren't being linked to a game announcement so that may well be a point in her favour as XCX on Switch is most likely a ways out. If it's not her then this isn't over by a long shot. For all we know Nintendo are saving 1st party characters for an expansion down the line.

If character 5 doesn't put the mecha figure speculation to rest I'm not sure what I'll think.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
So Zippo on resetera, who supposedly has insider info and has recently said FP5 is for sure NOT Dante, Arle or KOS-MOS, has said this too:

View attachment 257378
Take with a grain of salt but...

https://www.resetera.com/threads/su...same-old-debates.164679/page-15#post-28243324

the post, earlier pages have Zippo saying “not KOS-MOS/Arle/Dante”
It's also worth noting that Zippo has clarified that he's guessing and speculating, though he's doing so with some info. Do not take what he says as gospel either way.

I actually find it really refreshing that he's clarified that he is guessing based on things he may know.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It's also worth noting that Zippo has clarified that he's guessing and speculating, though he's doing so with some info. Do not take what he says as gospel either way.

I actually find it really refreshing that he's clarified that he is guessing based on things he may know.
He says “kinda sorta first party” and “not Edelgard”

monolith can be considered “kinda sorta first party” as it originally belonged to Bandai Namco

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
Elma's race is a whole other can of worms considering... developments in that games story... certainly "No idea" would be a viable answer on any forms she has to fill out to get into Smash.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Just bothered doing the time zone calculations and the reveal happens at 1AM on my birthday. I can't believe it, Elma Xenoblade as my own birthday present. I'm throwing a party, all Elma people are invited.

Sunny-Zee

Smash Journeyman
Just bothered doing the time zone calculations and the reveal happens at 1AM on my birthday. I can't believe it, Elma Xenoblade as my own birthday present. I'm throwing a party, all Elma people are invited.
That’s a “popping the biggest bottles” phrase if I’ve ever heard one. Please don’t call it too soon, tears will be shed if you do.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
one more day guys...

Let’s find the key we’ve lost.

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
So I was just ironing the creases out of my tinfoil hat and a crazy idea just came to mind. Is it possible that the reason they've waited this long to do an Astral Chain spirit event is because they had an idea for one of the spirit battles that required a character that wasn't out earlier. You know, a fast character with a mixture of melee weapon attacks and gunplay to represent the female hero of Astral Chain? Just a thought :o

Edit: Actually the second I posted that I remembered the neer use DLC content in spirit events, oh well!

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So I was just ironing the creases out of my tinfoil hat and a crazy idea just came to mind. Is it possible that the reason they've waited this long to do an Astral Chain spirit event is because they had an idea for one of the spirit battles that required a character that wasn't out earlier. You know, a fast character with a mixture of melee weapon attacks and gunplay to represent the female hero of Astral Chain? Just a thought :o

Edit: Actually the second I posted that I remembered the neer use DLC content in spirit events, oh well!
FP5 could have a similar aesthetic as Astral Chain though... and who do we know best fits that bill...?

also i thik they use dlc stages in events...? im not sure

Last edited:

Shenryu64

Smash Rookie
The problem is we know the characters and stages that represent the Astral Chain spirits already. (Female Howard is ZSS in Final Destination, Male Howard is Chrom in Fourside)

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
The problem is we know the characters and stages that represent the Astral Chain spirits already. (Female Howard is ZSS in Final Destination, Male Howard is Chrom in Fourside)
Ah I missed that, that's a shame, I feel like ZSS is overused in Spirit battles.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Well, on the note of some last-minute tinfoil hat theories. You know how Sakurai made an English tweet about the announcement, saying something like "what oracle can predict the fighter"? Well, which character is known for having visions of the future? And what series is he from?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well, on the note of some last-minute tinfoil hat theories. You know how Sakurai made an English tweet about the announcement, saying something like "what oracle can predict the fighter"? Well, which character is known for having visions of the future? And what series is he from?
....oh

AND SHULK AND ELMA MET IN XC2 IF YOU BOUGHT THE EXPANSION PASS.

Is dream of everyone to see Shulk and Elma in same place together.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Don't do that. Don't give me hope.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I wouldn't read too much into that; I could just as easily use it to claim that Futaba from Persona 5 is the fifth Fighters Pass character because her code name is Oracle.

Last edited:

Selenite

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't read too much into that; I could just as easily use it to claim that Futaba from Persona 5 is the fifth Fighters Pass character because her code name is Oracle.
Sakurai said "prophet" in Japanese and Futaba's Japanese codename is "Navi".

There's no relation there, even as a meme.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

little over half a day remains.... fortune favors the bold...!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The chances might seem unlikely right now for FP5 but lets not give up on our girl everyone!

Even if she isn't FP5 tomorrow she still has a shot for post-Pass DLC!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hey so

Vergeben just deconfirmed KOS-MOS

With each elimination, Elma only gets stronger... y o u c a n n o t s t o p h e r

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Praying for Elma, but open to the possibility that sometimes a cigar is just a cigar and a spirit is just a spirit.

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
Hoping for this train to finally reach it's destination soon, either way I'm not gonna stop wanting this character in Smash. Let's move in and keep the rhythm going!

Top Bottom