• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
They could add more areas to the game in a Definitive Edition port, more Tyrants, maybe make that one mission-exclusive Tyrant not so
Part of me wants new areas, but I think it'd be a really cool idea to just add new secrets to the areas we know. Caves leading to strange new discovering and tough new tyrants. Also, new quests that could drop some more hints about where the story is going with a sequel, and maybe even XC1 and 2 crossover stuff.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
It’ll only be a matter of time before XBX is the most wanted yet-to-be-ported Wii U game because it’ll be the only one they haven’t ported over A HA HA I SLAY MYSELF

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
People really want to see a port of Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess on the Switch? These games are already playable on like three consoles in a row (Gamecube, Wii, WiiU).
That's what happens when you're popular... and Zelda.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
If Elma did get in, maybe her classic mode could include all the stages with Boss enemies to represent Tyrants? Gaur Plains, Wily Castle and Find Mii, with the bosses spawning in almost immediately. Then the other stages could be based on some of the bosses she doesn’t fight at the end (ie Dracula’s Castle for Dracula, Fountain of Dreams for Marx and Temple for Ganon).
Tyrant-Busting Duty seems like a good theme, I dunno. Sometimes they’re the focus, sometimes they just pop in uninvited when you’re focusing on something else. That’s the true XBX experience.

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
If Elma did get in, maybe her classic mode could include all the stages with Boss enemies to represent Tyrants? Gaur Plains, Wily Castle and Find Mii, with the bosses spawning in almost immediately. Then the other stages could be based on some of the bosses she doesn’t fight at the end (ie Dracula’s Castle for Dracula, Fountain of Dreams for Marx and Temple for Ganon).
Tyrant-Busting Duty seems like a good theme, I dunno. Sometimes they’re the focus, sometimes they just pop in uninvited when you’re focusing on something else. That’s the true XBX experience.
Now you're reminding me how much I want a boss rush in Ultimate.

Edit: and not one tucked away in WoL that makes you use spirits.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
People really want to see a port of Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess on the Switch? These games are already playable on like three consoles in a row (Gamecube, Wii, WiiU).
Yes.

I don't have easy access to my Gamecube/Wii anymore and I've never owned a Wii U.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
That's what happens when you're popular... and Zelda.
Zelda is literally the princess of popularity. She throws a ball almost every night because she taxs the kingdom of Hyrule to death. You could say the money she makes in Smash covers that, but it actually covers the damages of the kingdom of Hyrule after Ganon and other evil forces destroy it over and over again. She taxs the civilians of Hyrule for her balls. :4pacman:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hey guys

I’m now the owner of the Elma thread!

If I’m missing any new supporters let me know and I’ll add em!

zumaddy

Smash Ace
I really want an XCX port, because I believe most of the problems I had with the base game would be fixed for the Switch. Lots of little things like the headphones not working when pulling up your map on the gamepad or the text size being really small in some menus could be fixed so easily.
A remaster would be also be nice to not make it that Lin Lee and Elma are needed for nearly every story mission. They don't need to be in the party to be in cutscenes like many other RPGs.

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Hey guys

I’m now the owner of the Elma thread!

If I’m missing any new supporters let me know and I’ll add em!
Oh, once you're already on it, could you maybe update my argument list on the OP with the more recent version? I'll dig out a link to it later.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oh, once you're already on it, could you maybe update my argument list on the OP with the more recent version? I'll dig out a link to it later.
Just link it and I’ll update at a computer (mobile isn’t ideal for obvious reasons)

Night Gale

Smash Ace
I doubt that a XCX port will be announced this early but tbqh we don't know everything Nintendo has up their sleeve so they could always reveal that s***. A direct is going to happen sooner or later so it's something to look forward to. I believe that 1st party characters will come back into play after this season but if they said f*** it and added Elma I wouldn't mind.

D

Deleted member

I feel that if Monolith Soft does seriously lack the needed stuff to port XCX on the Switch, then a sequel could be an alternative.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Just link it and I’ll update at a computer (mobile isn’t ideal for obvious reasons)
Here it is:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
OP Has been updated! Sadly it has links to the attached images as it's a quote but it would be easier on mobile users this way anyway as even under spoiler boxes, images and videos still gotta load and that can be troublesome to mobile users

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Thanks!

and i dunno but i have a REAL good feeling about the next Direct...
Well, before that we actually need to get an announcement of one first. And last I checked, the "New!" thingy on the Smash website was still up. . . but then again, that really isn't the sole indicator for a Direct.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, before that we actually need to get an announcement of one first. And last I checked, the "New!" thingy on the Smash website was still up. . . but then again, that really isn't the sole indicator for a Direct.
There's been a lot of strange things seen recently that seem to point towards it. A Pokémon Direct this early in the year, DMC news claimed to happen on the 16th, leaks and hints about two Wii U ports.

It's both certain and uncertain that something will happen relatively soon.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
There's been a lot of strange things seen recently that seem to point towards it. A Pokémon Direct this early in the year, DMC news claimed to happen on the 16th, leaks and hints about two Wii U ports.

It's both certain and uncertain that something will happen relatively soon.
about the “new” thing...

Decided to bother fact-checking this today, and they didn't actually remove the new banners from Hero's update before the September Direct. They don't mean anything anymore.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Weird question, but does Xenoblade X have a website? Because Pikmin 3 had one, but its disappeared. Keep in mind, Pikmin 3 has been rumored to be coming to Switch for awhile now.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Weird question, but does Xenoblade X have a website? Because Pikmin 3 had one, but its disappeared. Keep in mind, Pikmin 3 has been rumored to be coming to Switch for awhile now.
The Pikmin 3 website has been down since September, the Japanese Pikmin 3 website is still up, and the Japanese Xenoblade X website is also still up.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
The Pikmin 3 website has been down since September, the Japanese Pikmin 3 website is still up, and the Japanese Xenoblade X website is also still up.
You sure it's down since September? Gamexplain just reported now that the website is mysteriously missing in the same video as the one reporting about new Super Nintendo World informations.

Top Bottom