• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
At this rate the least they can do is announce next week’s event (be it direct or random livestream) this week

I’m...starting to get a bit pessimistic about her chances too now...

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Made another Elma Smashified. This time its an improvement of my last one I did on this thread.
I used Autodesk Maya, 3ds, Photoshop, After Effects to do this Smashified, in addition I used Arnold Rendering Software. I took notes from critics of my last smashified, in regards to pose and such, as to what she would look like for her Smash Render.
Well here it is.
Give me your thoughts below. Im currently working on Incineroar, Rex/Pyra, and Banjo and Kazooie.

In case you guys want a PNG Render of it without the Background just to use. Here.

Also can you tell me where I can join to support her inclusion? Is there a discord or stuff?
Incredible, truly amazing, but I do agree with some of the post above that she should be standing straighter to further show off her strong, confident, determined personality, as well as her leadership characteristics. But other than that, I really love the render, and I think you did a great job. You mentioned your working on other characters, are you open for requests after you finish them?
Why not both??

For me that would be the good case scenario, the best case scenario would be an Elma, Rex & Pyra double/triple reveal feat. Shulk (and Fiora (I want to believe))

Question, I see Elma always has those blades at the end of her guns, does she ever use them to attack in her game, and do you think she'll use them in Smash?

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Ah, alright. Your wording was a bit unclear on that one.
. . .Though isn't there also Bayonetta?

At this rate the least they can do is announce next week’s event (be it direct or random livestream) this week

I’m...starting to get a bit pessimistic about her chances too now...
Not to be rude, but it feels like every other post of yours here is about losing hope on Elma's chances.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Hmm? Part of music theory was debunked? Oh well.

There's still two months. And who knows how long worth of DLC. If she isn't in base, big deal. The only way she'll ever be deconfirmed is to be given the (Assist) Trophy treatment. Even XBX music before she is released is plausible.

Don't lose hope. Don't let other fandoms tell you that "Elma doesn't deserve it."
And most importantly: Don't put all of your hopes on arbitrary theories.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I should apologize...I’ve just been going through a rough patch in life on and off, and there’s just some things affecting my mental state

I’ll try to be more hopeful though

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Ah, alright. Your wording was a bit unclear on that one.
. . .Though isn't there also Bayonetta?
Bayonetta had Rodin before the Smash Direct, I remember that because it confirmed that Delfino Plaza was back.

I should apologize...I’ve just been going through a rough patch in life on and off, and there’s just some things affecting my mental state

Hey if you ever need someone to talk to I'm always happy to listen, if you so desire. Just don't keep everything inside or else you will end up exploding, and I know what I'm talking about.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Hey guys. How are you doing? Good to see that the Elma-Support is still going strong.

I've been looking into this thread (+ the general discussion) once in a while and i don't know about you but all these "theories" are getting pretty exhausting. There is only one Theory i care about and that one uses the ice-element...anyway i can't wait for the game to be released (just like everybody else). Today i made sure that i don't have to work on the games release. Not even 2 months...man time flies...and yes, the lack of new Xenoblade-Content is a bit suspicious. The only new things we got so far (if i don't forget anything) are Fiora in Shulks FS and the Change of Shulks Monado Arts. Come on Sakurai. Stop teasing us!

Whatever it is i hope you'll be better soon.

Calamitas

Smash Champion

I mean, same, but that's why I personally refuse to lose hope. I need something to keep me going as of right now. . .

Bayonetta had Rodin before the Smash Direct, I remember that because it confirmed that Delfino Plaza was back.
Ohhh, right. Still, that leaves Pac-Man other than Game & Watch, Final Fantasy, and of course Xenoblade.

P.Kat

Smash Champion

I hope you feel better, if you ever need someone to talk to, let me know.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Since the Style Savvy fandom isn't very vocal (and/or there's probably less of us lol), and the Fire Emblem fans (who get hate for having a lot of reps anyway) haven't unanimously agreed upon supporting Anna (yet) out of the gazillion characters to choose from, I think it's safe to say that out of my three most wanted characters, Elma seems like the safest bet. With that being said, if Elma isn't in the base game (I seriously think she'll be, but who knows), she seems like a solid DLC candidate as well. In the event that there's another ballot, I hope that you fellow fans continue to be as enthusiastic as you are now. I don't know if I could have imagined Elma's popularity growing like it has, but I'm glad it did. She really is a solid pick. So yeah, stay optimistic... and humble, y'all. Who knows what the future holds.

Anyways... I think it'll be cool if one of her palette swaps had Alexa's color scheme. Any X players remember her?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Since the Style Savvy fandom isn't very vocal (and/or there's probably less of us lol), and the Fire Emblem fans (who get hate for having a lot of reps anyway) haven't unanimously agreed upon supporting Anna (yet) out of the gazillion characters to choose from, I think it's safe to say that out of my three most wanted characters, Elma seems like the safest bet. With that being said, if Elma isn't in the base game (I seriously think she'll be, but who knows), she seems like a solid DLC candidate as well. In the event that there's another ballot, I hope that you fellow fans continue to be as enthusiastic as you are now. I don't know if I could have imagined Elma's popularity growing like it has, but I'm glad it did. She really is a solid pick. So yeah, stay optimistic... and humble, y'all. Who knows what the future holds.

Anyways... I think it'll be cool if one of her palette swaps had Alexa's color scheme. Any X players remember her?
I just want to say that you are a person after my own heart. Anna is my most-wanted FE rep and I'd love Style Savvy in as well. Elma just became my most plausible most-wanted by default (which isn't a knock considering I actively support unlikely candidates).

For selfish reasons I want her hair in one alt to be gradient, especially the pink and purple one. My friend's Cross had that hair. Also, Irina color scheme, because I love to die for my ships.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Oh wow, chances are, I probably support any other characters you do, including the less likely ones, haha.

Other palette swaps I can imagine are Hope (pink/yellow), Mia (gold), and Celica (black/white/gold and maybe even changing her hair color to blonde so she's truly Space Beyonce). Though they're probably going to use the Sakuraba, Orphean, Meredith, etc. default armor color schemes. X had a decent variety of armor/colors to choose from. I mostly dressed everybody I used (except Murderess) in civilian clothes though lol.

I'll most likely rotate between Elma's default and true form, if they decide to use it as an alternate costume.

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500

No jokes, Anna would be lovely. Especially because they can give her literraly any weapon from the series since she sells them and wields differents weapons depending on the game.

And if another Ballot is goinng to show up I surely will drop a vote for her, especially since I couldn't vote for her for the last one since her game came out right after it ended...and also because my most wanted is already confirmed :ultsnake:.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
No jokes, Anna would be lovely. Especially because they can give her literraly any weapon from the series since she sells them and wields differents weapons depending on the game.

And if another Ballot is goinng to show up I surely will drop a vote for her, especially since I couldn't vote for her for the last one since her game came out right after it ended...and aslo because my most wanted is already confirmed :ultsnake:.
Yep! And it doesn't hurt that she's pretty much the series' mascot at this point.

Kudos on your most wanted making it back, btw. I know how that's like. I mained a character (Seong Mina) in a different game (Soul Calibur) who got the axe once, and when she was confirmed I was pretty much set lol. Everyone else introduced was basically icing on the cake.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Yep! And it doesn't hurt that she's pretty much the series' mascot at this point.

Kudos on your most wanted making it back, btw. I know how that's like. I mained a character (Seong Mina) in a different game (Soul Calibur) who got the axe once, and when she was confirmed I was pretty much set lol. Everyone else introduced was basically icing on the cake.
Oh absolutely. I should probably join her support group later...

Yeah, I had a rollercoaster of a time with Smash. In Melee I mained Dr. Mario and Mewtwo, and they were both removed in Brawl. I then picked Snake (which also introduced me to Metal Gear which is now one of my favourite series of all time) and Olimar, and one was removed while the other wasn't as fun to play with just 3 pikmins. But now they are all back, looking better than ever, and Elma is all I need for reach 100% satisfaction from the 95% I am right now.

P.Kat

Smash Champion

I felt same seeing SC6 characters being revealed, with no sign of Seong Mi-Na yet, it made me nervous. Good thing I had nothing to fear, now all we need is Yun-Seong.

So who'd be hyped if Elma's reveal also brought different Skells as items or an Assist Trophies (as well as a Boss in Smash), that you could pilot and attack with, where the only downside is if you take too much damage, the Skell explodes and you instantly die? (extra bonus points if the item became a new mode in Smash like Stamina was).

ZelDan

Smash Master
I figured a skell would be part of Elma's final smash and that's it for that.

Now that I think about it does the enoblade series have any item in Smash? I'm not talking about assist trophies (I know we have Riki), but does it have an item item?

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I figured a skell would be part of Elma's final smash and that's it for that.

Now that I think about it does the enoblade series have any item in Smash? I'm not talking about assist trophies (I know we have Riki), but does it have an item item?
Nope, the only content from Xenoblade at the moment is Shulk, Gaur Plains and Riki, nothing else.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord

Best wishes to you, if you ever need to vent I'll be glad to offer some advice.
Rodin's Assist Trophy was first shown off in the E3 Direct.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Best wishes to you, if you ever need to vent I'll be glad to offer some advice.

Rodin's Assist Trophy was first shown off in the E3 Direct.
I was referring to his update on the Smash site Blog, but I should have made that more clear.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I still say that the fact neither Shulk, Gaur Plains nor the Riki AT have been showcased on the blog could mean they’re saving a Xenoblade info dump after Elma’s reveal

Let’s hope next week doesn’t show off any Xenoblade content on the blog at least...better case scenario: direct/surprise livestream

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Would Shulk being featured on the Smash Blog really be that negative, though? Remember, both Donkey Kong and Villager were featured on the blog before K. Rool and Isabelle were revealed. So if anything, Shulk would help Elma's chances, I feel.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Would Shulk being featured on the Smash Blog really be that negative, though? Remember, both Donkey Kong and Villager were featured on the blog before K. Rool and Isabelle were revealed. So if anything, Shulk would help Elma's chances, I feel.
Never thought of it like that...you may be on to something

aarchak

Smash Ace
Oh man, there needs to be more items from Xenoblade. I think a Scrap Driver would be cool. Other ideas are a Red Pollen Orb (would power you up), a Multigun, a Zig turret, a Follow Ball (I guess it would help you recover), an Abandoned Crate (would give you items upon picking it up) a Core Crystal, a Bitball, and a Zohar (I don't know what it would do).

Wisehunter

Smash Apprentice
So, we know that Sawano did a mysterious recording session some time ago. But I saw a guy on gamesfaq saying Mika Kobaiashi (sang several songs in X OST) also had a mysterious recording session and people on discord discovered it was for smash (he did not say how)

Is this true, are there any source for this? I asked the guy but got no reply.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So, we know that Sawano did a mysterious recording session some time ago. But I saw a guy on gamesfaq saying Mika Kobaiashi (sang several songs in X OST) also had a mysterious recording session and people on discord discovered it was for smash (he did not say how)

Whoa, what?! Big if true

Got any screenshots of that chat log at least?

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord

Yeah I saw that as well, could be big if true. Haven’t seen news of that anywhere else though, hm.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Huh, really?
This wouldn't be the first time.
Didn't Shulk's voice actor say he was working on a secret project shortly before he was revealed in Smash 4?

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
The pieces are lining up...perfect time for my heart to be broken.

I've never even come close to having a big time Want in Smash. This is nerve-wracking.

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
Yeah that's me, my Gamefaqs account is Tyranidomega. Sorry guys, but I swear I heard all of that on a Reddit page, especially the one about the vocalist.

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
Found it!
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.re...ikely_is_it_for_xenobladex_representation_in/

Well ****, looks like I was wrong about the vocalist. I mistook her for Yoko Shimomura, who I just now remembered is a popular music composer. I think they were just comparing Sawano's mystery recording session to hers, and how that Discord group found out it was for Smash.

Double Edit: Not even a discord, just a Reddit user who claimed Yoko is working on Smash.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hopefully next week

Rumor or not, I think the 16th is a safe date

Top Bottom