• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Nintendo Life made an article recently about Monolith Soft and the success of Xenoblade and in the the comment section I found this :

com.png

the article

Now i have to wonder: Was "porting Xenobaldes X to switch is not something that they are interested in" actually said by someone? I know of that one interview (i forgot who said it) that it would be expensive. But i don't think i remember soneone saying that they have no interest in it (because im sure someone here would've brought it up at some point).

Last edited:

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Nintendo Life made an article recently about Monolith Soft and the success of Xenoblade and in the the comment section I found this :

View attachment 322298
the article

Now i have to wonder: Was "porting Xenobaldes X to switch is not something that they are interested in" actually said by someone? I know of that one interview (i forgot who said it) that it would be expensive. But i don't think i remember soneone saying that they have no interest in it (because im sure someone here would've brought it up at some point).
Nah. They’re either lying or misinformed. MSI said the opposite of what this person is claiming.

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman

View attachment 322298
the article

Comes off as a wild rant, Metroid isn't even being developed in Japan, Mercury Steam are in Madrid and Retro are in Texas.

Points for killing children... Sounds like a mid 90s flash game.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Comes off as a wild rant, Metroid isn't even being developed in Japan, Mercury Steam are in Madrid and Retro are in Texas.

Points for killing children... Sounds like a mid 90s flash game.
complaining that buying a 15 (actually 13) year old a bunny suit would raise the rating
that’s tooooooootally not sus at all nope no way

and by that I mean FBI OPEN UP

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
funny that he names those 4 as having said they're not interested, when I've literally never seen them comment on it but left out Takahashi, who has responded three times to the question by saying "I would like that" bip bap boop.

just another day in the life of a Xenoblade X fan ;)
When it comes to roadblocks that stand in the way of Xenoblade Chronicles X on the Switch, Takahashi's answer is simple.
“Money," he laughs. "It's a massive game. Re-creating it would be really difficult."
BOOM there it is. And now they’ve got a like 130% increase in revenue so it’s gotta be in the cards now

Calamitas

Smash Champion
So, I dunno what the current consensus is on SamusHunter's credibility, but they have made a short thread about why an X port hasn't happened yet, so I figured I might as well share it.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So, I dunno what the current consensus is on SamusHunter's credibility, but they have made a short thread about why an X port hasn't happened yet, so I figured I might as well share it.

I wonder if the switch CAN have other players running around the field in real time

also, I definitely want to see some of the time attack bosses who don’t appear in the story, do that. And also make Celica join before Lao leaves, as the one cut post battle banter implies was planned

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I wonder if the switch CAN have other players running around the field in real time

also, I definitely want to see some of the time attack bosses who don’t appear in the story, do that. And also make Celica join before Lao leaves, as the one cut post battle banter implies was planned
Sword and Shield does have other players running around in the Wild Areas, so it should at least be possible. Now, what exactly those other players would be doing. . . now that's another question entirely.

At any rate, the information that SamusHunter went into in this thread do lend some credence to my own personal theory of any X port being a (near) complete redo of the original version of the game. Also worth mentioning is that even though they've talked about the info they have on the next Xenoblade game, SamusHunter have never specified whether it's a "mainline" game or an X game. And considering that some story elements of Future Connected are sort of similar/fitting to X (Telethia flying into the rift, Fog Beasts being reminiscent of the Tainted), there should at least be a chance that the next game really is some form X.

'Course that is all assuming that SamusHunter really is credible on these things. . .

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400

To be fair, it sounds plausible...but that doesn't' stop me from hoping (september direct announcement, anyone?).

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna put my hand up and say that this was what I was saying at the start of this year when the NSO update rumours were starting to go around and we heard about the new server infrastructure Nintendo were starting to roll out (Monster Hunter Rise uses it I believe). I'm not gonna vouch for a supposed leaker, but the logic is entirely sound. XCX is unique amongst Nintendo's library and arguably amongst the most ambitious games they've ever published. I agree that porting XCX with more online functionality would be an ambitious project in itself, but I don't think for a second that means that it's got to be far off, We've had a very limited idea what Monolith Soft are working on at their 4 studios, so X being in the works for years is entirely feasible.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Do you ever find yourself wondering about the cut character Reina Sakuraba

I do

we know there’s a Sakuraba Industries gear developer

I wonder if she’ll be implemented as at least an NPC in X DE

although, didn’t XC1 have a cut character that was also never realized in XCDE? It was a male iirc

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400

I do

although, didn’t XC1 have a cut character that was also never realized in XCDE? It was a male iirc
That's the first time I've heard of it. * looks up on it on Xenobladewiki *

So Reina possibly was intended to be the protagonist of X.

According to the wiki there was an unused character in the japanese version of XC1, Lambert. X had a tyrant with the same name. Maybe a reference?

I'm surprised I didn't knew this sooner.

Something like an npc based of those unused characters would be a cool inside joke.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
That's the first time I've heard of it. * looks up on it on Xenobladewiki *

According to the wiki there was an unused character in the japanese version of XC1, Lambert. X had a tyrant with the same name. Maybe a reference?

I'm surprised I didn't knew this sooner.

Something like an npc based of those unused characters would be a cool insidejoke.
Lambert looks like a beta Dunban imo

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Lambert looks like a beta Dunban imo
Yeah, i can see that too.

Would be cool if they would reuse the character for a future game.
He doesn't even have to be a party member or something. Something like a secret boss in challenge mode, like Riki was in Xenoblade 2.

edit: Apparently Tatsu from XCX made an appearance in the same challenge battle as Riki.

Last edited:

Pallex

Smash Journeyman

I do

Which character? There's more then one.
There is one High Entia in particular who resembles the High Entia Captain Maxis, for example:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
She must have been a rather early cut then, considering that the first trailer we actually got to see of X prominently featured the guy seen in the thumbnail of this video, who might have also been the protagonist.

Speaking of him, anyone else think that he's more than just a design for Cross they went with for that trailer? He just looks too much like a cross (hah) between Shulk and Yelv to me for that. I personally think that he might be something like Elma's former partner, or really have been repurposed into Yelv.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
She must have been a rather early cut then, considering that the first trailer we actually got to see of X prominently featured the guy seen in the thumbnail of this video, who might have also been the protagonist.

Speaking of him, anyone else think that he's more than just a design for Cross they went with for that trailer? He just looks too much like a cross (hah) between Shulk and Yelv to me for that. I personally think that he might be something like Elma's former partner, or really have been repurposed into Yelv.
According to the wiki Reina was just concept art. And now that you mention it, yeah that guy really looks a bit like Yelv.

btw in that trailer you can see Elma using Lins weapon (at around 0:28) and something that looks like one of Sharlas heal arts, rifle included (at around 0:44).
I haven't seen this trailer in years...hard to believe that this was almost 8 years ago.

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
There's actually some drawings of the original protagonist present in the final storyboards, some of which you can see in the art book. They look very similar to Shulk and Yelv, and the scenes are in the final game practically 1:1 to the storyboards. I'm always sceptical of when people complain that X's story was thrown out because it looks like the major plot beats were kept, even the ones people got frustrated with like siding with Lao or the game ending on the cliffhanger of the destroyed Lifehold human database.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Samus Hunter shared some info about Monolith Soft.

But it's Samus Hunter soooooo...take it with a (big) grain of salt.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Samus Hunter shared some info about Monolith Soft.

But it's Samus Hunter soooooo...take it with a (big) grain of salt.
It’s probably not X related as I saw things pointing to Yasunori Mitsuda being the composer, or someone else that isn’t Hiroyuki Sawano who’s pretty much synonymous with X at this point

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
It’s probably not X related as I saw things pointing to Yasunori Mitsuda being the composer, or someone else that isn’t Hiroyuki Sawano who’s pretty much synonymous with X at this point
Yeah, makes sense to bring Sawano back, if it's something related to X (unless they switch out the composer, but I don't think thats the case).

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
You probably already heard the news/ rumors from Imran Khan about Xenoblade 3 and that it's going to be a direct sequel to XB1 and XB2, with a few returning characters (possibly Melia).

I'm mixed on this idea. On one hand, it would be cool to see some characters return in another adventure. But on the other hand, the idea of characters like Melia, Pyra or Mythra outlifing other characters like Shulk and Rex...i don't know. I feel that something like this is pretty easy to mess up as a story (like they remind you all the time of all the other characters that aren't here anymore.).

Not to mention a certain other game in the series who could use a direct sequel.

At this point we can only speculate. I'm cautiously optimistic about this potential story and that they write it, because they have more stories to tell and not because "Oh ****, these characters are popular! We have to bring them back ASAP!"
Maybe XCX ends up being a part of this "Xenoblade Cinematic Universe" as well. But for real this time.

Reminder: "Just, the reason we've all gathered... or "were" gathered here."

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Personally, I just hope that all these "leaks" and rumors end up being false. Aside from the obvious, this whole premise just sounds. . . a lot like something a young fan who has no concept of game development or storytelling would throw out, and not like an actual game they'd end up making. If this whole thing turns out to be true, then that game is going to have one hell of an uphill struggle to earn my interest.

Speaking of insiders and rumors though, there's also this. Obviously unverified, but if it's true. . . urgh.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
In terms of the rumors about XC3.....

After thinking about it, I feel like that if they really wanted to make XC3 that far into the future, I do not want them to bring back any characters at all. Seeing Melia without any of the party members or Pyra/Mythra without Rex would depress me I feel. I know it's inevitable that the humans will pass on eventually but actually witnessing their reaction is another thing. I'd prefer if they just left it up to our imaginations, in other words at least when it comes to XC2, we could headcanon that the Architect gave the blades human lifespans. Even if that means that we won't be able to see a glimpse of the groups' futures or find out for sure that Pyra/Mythra kept their memories, I'll accept it.

If you want to know how I would execute XC3, I would have it set 20 or 30 years in the future. That way we would be able to see the groups again and there is still plenty of time for them to enjoy peace. And at the same time, it would allow a new group of younger fighters to take their place as the new heroes who are guided under their wing. I really do think this is the best way to transition Xenoblade into the next era.

I'm nervous about this game, not gonna lie. I'm sure it will be excellent but they could easily make it to where it's going to be hard to think about the first two games in the same way.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Speaking of insiders and rumors though, there's also this. Obviously unverified, but if it's true. . . urgh.

Who are these guys? Are they any credible?

RawkHawk2010

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5576-5912-4888
Aside from the obvious, this whole premise just sounds. . . a lot like something a young fan who has no concept of game development or storytelling would throw out, and not like an actual game they'd end up making.
For the record, the concept stated in the rumor lines up ridiculously well with what we already know. Straight from the horse's mouth:

Tesuya Takahashi said:
Why Melia and not Fiora, Reyn, Dunban, Sharla, or Riki you might ask? Well, that’s because this scenario isn’t simply a new story to be told, but a way stone of sorts, pointing towards the future. The events that take place and the words spoken by the characters in Future Connected are linked to the future of Xenoblade Chronicles itself. It’s our hope at Monolith that, as you experience this new scenario, you’ll enjoy dreaming of what sort of future that might be.
Melia specifically is a character "pointing towards the future", because Melia will actually be in it. And it would make sense that
a pocket dimension of XC2's universe experiencing dimensional instability is a sign of things going awry in the greater whole.

If Takahashi wants to explore the distant future of a world already introduced within the same series -- something he wanted to do over 20 years ago but couldn't -- this seems like the way to go. "A few returning characters" (per the rumor's description) theoretically wouldn't come at the expense of new ones, which along with regurgitating XC2 Challenge Battle Mode fanservice always seemed like the biggest issue with canonically uniting 1 and 2's casts.

Abade

Smash Apprentice
You probably already heard the news/ rumors from Imran Khan about Xenoblade 3 and that it's going to be a direct sequel to XB1 and XB2, with a few returning characters (possibly Melia).

I'm mixed on this idea. On one hand, it would be cool to see some characters return in another adventure. But on the other hand, the idea of characters like Melia, Pyra or Mythra outlifing other characters like Shulk and Rex...i don't know. I feel that something like this is pretty easy to mess up as a story (like they remind you all the time of all the other characters that aren't here anymore.).

Not to mention a certain other game in the series who could use a direct sequel.

At this point we can only speculate. I'm cautiously optimistic about this potential story and that they write it, because they have more stories to tell and not because "Oh ****, these characters are popular! We have to bring them back ASAP!"
Maybe XCX ends up being a part of this "Xenoblade Cinematic Universe" as well. But for real this time.

What this?

"The game is aiming for more character models on screen at once than any previous title, accounting for both playable characters and enemies."

Sounds like Xeno Warriors to me.

https://nintendoeverything.com/warr...nsidered-xeno-and-ys-warriors-have-potential/
https://nintendowire.com/news/2018/...ctor-sees-potential-in-a-xeno-warriors-title/

Monolith Soft already stated they want to make Xenoblade 3 and Xenoblade X2, and a "new IP", which could be anything else besides the aforementioned two Xeno titles.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Who are these guys? Are they any credible?
According to the threat that I got the tweets from, DirectFeedGames is NateDrake. Though they also caution that he's not reliable, so this still should be taken with a grain of salt.

i've quite had my fill of xc1/2's casts for the rest of my life, thank you very much
Honestly, same. XC1 is still one of my favourite games of all time (if not my absolute), but. . . a big part of that to me is that's a finished story. It was designed and written to a completely self-contained thing, and any attempts to retcon and continue its story and the appearances of its cast in anything story-driven just detract from that. Future Connected was already on thin ice for me.

For the record, the concept stated in the rumor lines up ridiculously well with what we already know. Straight from the horse's mouth:

Melia specifically is a character "pointing towards the future", because Melia will actually be in it. And it would make sense that
a pocket dimension of XC2's universe experiencing dimensional instability is a sign of things going awry in the greater whole.

If Takahashi wants to explore the distant future of a world already introduced within the same series -- something he wanted to do over 20 years ago but couldn't -- this seems like the way to go. "A few returning characters" (per the rumor's description) theoretically wouldn't come at the expense of new ones, which along with regurgitating XC2 Challenge Battle Mode fanservice always seemed like the biggest issue with canonically uniting 1 and 2's casts.
See my above quote response for as to why I wouldn't care much even if this was "the plan all along". Let the casts and the worlds of those games be and move on to something entirely new, I say.

And side note, why do people keep calling the world of Bionis and Mechonis a "pocket dimension"? There's absolutely no indication of this ever being the case.

What this?

"The game is aiming for more character models on screen at once than any previous title, accounting for both playable characters and enemies."

Sounds like Xeno Warriors to me.

https://nintendoeverything.com/warr...nsidered-xeno-and-ys-warriors-have-potential/
https://nintendowire.com/news/2018/...ctor-sees-potential-in-a-xeno-warriors-title/

Monolith Soft already stated they want to make Xenoblade 3 and Xenoblade X2, and a "new IP", which could be anything else besides the aforementioned two Xeno titles.

Uh, two things, though. One, wouldn't a Xeno Warriors be developed by Koei-Tecmo/Omega Force, and not Monolith Soft? And two, following on the former, shouldn't they still be busy working on Age of Calamity DLC?

RawkHawk2010

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5576-5912-4888
And side note, why do people keep calling the world of Bionis and Mechonis a "pocket dimension"? There's absolutely no indication of this ever being the case.
XC1's world is governed by a biocomputer that can instantly bend the entire thing to its will if the one granted with "admin privileges" gives it the authority to proceed. To me, this makes XC1's world feel more like a simulation rather than an entire universe similar in scope to our own, as it seems Ontos never possessed anywhere near this level of power in the reality it resided in pre-experiment. That said, you're right that "pocket dimension" isn't the most reliable term, but I don't know what else stresses adjacency aside from "parallel universe" which has additional context clearly not applicable here.

Last edited:

Senatiator

Smash Apprentice

Imran Khan is just throwing an assumption that Jenna Coleman will only voiced Melia unlike Adam Howden and Carina Reeves, Shulk’s and Fiora’s voice actor respectively whom has different Xeno related voice roles in Xenoblade X. Jenna Coleman didn’t specify what Xeno game it was, only it would be her third role counting Xenoblade and Future Connected

Uh, two things, though. One, wouldn't a Xeno Warriors be developed by Koei-Tecmo/Omega Force, and not Monolith Soft? And two, following on the former, shouldn't they still be busy working on Age of Calamity DLC?
Monolith Soft would still be involved, much like Intelligent Systems with Fire Emblem Warriors. Omega Force are also working on Dynasty Warriors 9 Empire so they can work on more then one project.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
XC1's world is governed by a biocomputer that can instantly bend the entire thing to its will if the one granted with "admin privileges" gives it the authority to proceed. To me, this makes XC1's world feel more like a simulation rather than an entire universe similar in scope to our own, as it seems Ontos never possessed anywhere near this level of power in the reality it resided in pre-experiment. That said, you're right that "pocket dimension" isn't the most reliable term, but I don't know what else stresses adjacency aside from "parallel universe" which has additional context clearly not applicable here.
Klaus and Pneuma very much do plenty of their own reality-bending in the lategame of 2, though. Calling 1's world just a "pocket dimension" just really feels like it's unjustly downplaying the entire setting, especially since in the end of 1's story, we literally see it become a more traditional universe like ours, complete with countless galaxies and everything. "Parallel universe" feels just all-around like a much more fitting term.

Monolith Soft would still be involved, much like Intelligent Systems with Fire Emblem Warriors. Omega Force are also working on Dynasty Warriors 9 Empire so they can work on more then one project.
Between DW9 and the Age of Calamity DLC that'd be the third game they're working on, though. I just really don't think that a Xeno(blade) Warriors is really in the works at the moment.

Sigman

Smash Cadet

When you have "alleged leakers" like these making contradictory claims
I'm sure no one knows for sure. I haven't heard any rumors when other games such as Xenoblade 2, Xenoblade Future Connected, Xenoblade on the New 3DS, were set to announce. The interview was conducted only a couple of months ago and only just now gained popularity, just before the new "Xenoblade 3 rumors". That's very suspicious timing to me so I'm taking it with a grain of salt. For all we know, Monolith Soft is once again working on multiple projects.

Now on other news, the 3rd anniversary when Elma was revealed and joined Xenoblade 2 is coming up soon. On August 24, 2021 to be specific.

I hope to see something to commemorate the occasion such as fan art like this:
Here’s some real nice Elma fanart

Last edited:

Wisehunter

Smash Apprentice
How can Jon Cartwright say this info is real? does he have inside info?

I remember not long ago he made a video for Nintendo Life with wii u games that are still to be ported and X was his highlight of the video and he says he believed it was a matter of time. Did it change now?

Well I sure hope this XC3 is not real, at least not now, not before something X related, unless they are porting it at the same time as doing XC3, and the X port be annouced first or simultaniously. What is the point having having Elma there with the other xeno protags on their lastest art, if they are doing nothing with X for about 5 years plus now (and probably more if this XC3 is real), are they mocking X fans or something, good lord this is worst than what Atlus does to their SMT fans in comparision to Persona fans.

Top Bottom