• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I’m not going to predict anything but…XCX not getting any music and only a handful of spirits in base game. Just like Arms. And then came Min Min.
I mean…come on! It would fit so well!
How would you handle the same monado insignia another time in a row for spirit boards tho?

unless it used the X, or we got another FF character not from 7, or another Fir- shot

Calamitas

Smash Champion
How would you handle the same monado insignia another time in a row for spirit boards tho?

unless it used the X, or we got another FF character not from 7, or another Fir- shot
I mean, pre-Byleth I'm sure that if you would've drawn attention to it, people probably would have said something like "but how would you handle the Spirit Boards? All these new series icon, and then suddenly one that's already in the game! =C".

And hey, I still maintain that Lloyd's Mii costume not being back at the very least means that another (J)RPG is gonna be DLC.
Though then again, that could also be the justification for a Pokémon to make it. . .

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I mean, pre-Byleth I'm sure that if you would've drawn attention to it, people probably would have said something like "but how would you handle the Spirit Boards? All these new series icon, and then suddenly one that's already in the game! =C".

And hey, I still maintain that Lloyd's Mii costume not being back at the very least means that another (J)RPG is gonna be DLC.
Though then again, that could also be the justification for a Pokémon to make it. . .
Or, it could be as inconspicuous as the character that includes the Lloyd costume wearing red, like Reimu. Steve and Gil both wield pickaxes so

Pythra’s costume wave was a special case cause Capcom wanted to promote the hell out of MH Rise. Whether that’s a blessing in disguise for Elma, KOS-MOS, or hell even Fiora (not that I think she’s happening until maybe Ultimate Deluxe) remains to be seen

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Or, it could be as inconspicuous as the character that includes the Lloyd costume wearing red, like Reimu. Steve and Gil both wield pickaxes so

Pythra’s costume wave was a special case cause Capcom wanted to promote the hell out of MH Rise. Whether that’s a blessing in disguise for Elma, KOS-MOS, or hell even Fiora (not that I think she’s happening until maybe Ultimate Deluxe) remains to be seen
I sincerely doubt that they'll bring back the Lloyd costume with a connection as flimsy as the character's main colour scheme. And RPGs are a broad enough field for it to be reasonable that there's another character from one coming.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I sincerely doubt that they'll bring back the Lloyd costume with a connection as flimsy as the character's main colour scheme. And RPGs are a broad enough field for it to be reasonable that there's another character from one coming.
I wanna believe that, but part of me has doubts

Heihachi’s costume came with a fighting game character - Ryu in 4 and Min Min in Ult
Gil - ... kinda funny sitch. I can’t recall if he came with Corrin or Bayonetta in 4 and I can’t see the common theme there but he returned with Steve in Ult cause they’ve got that exploration theme going on
Geno - came with a Square Enix character. Cloud in 4, Sephiroth in Ult. Not Hero cause that pack was 100% dedicated to Dragon Quest

now Lloyd. Lloyd’s kinda the odd man out cause his Mii wasn’t bundled with any characters in 4 - instead, he was dropped out of the blue with some standalone stage dlc iirc. So I wouldn’t know what could happen at this point unless one of the last two was a Namco character in general (I’d prefer KOS-MOS, both Namco and JRPG)

...unless, Lloyd will be the only Mii from 4 to be promoted to playable in Ult’s DLC. which I’m doubting big time not to mention Heihachi and Geno supporters will be salty, like “why’s HE the exception??”

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
24 hours so I can make another post

I GUESS the spirit board dilemma, if she’s future dlc, could also be distinguished by different artwork on Elma’s spirit board banner if both she and Pythra use the Monado insignia

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Did you mean this screen?

View attachment 309022

Even if XCX was next in line , I wouldn't see a problem there. The artwork is already different enough between both games.
I guess the same would apply for another FF or FE character depending what game they’re from, likely a different installment

also crazy idea

what if Caitlin's NDA is for the Xenoblade X port... cause they're recording new lines not in the original? it was that way for Howden after all for XCDE. maybe lines for the Ares 70/90 that aren't from Cross or Lao...

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I guess the same would apply for another FF or FE character depending what game they’re from, likely a different installment

also crazy idea

what if Elma's NDA is for the Xenoblade X port... cause they're recording new lines not in the original? it was that way for Howden after all for XCDE. maybe lines for the Ares 70/90 that aren't from Cross or Lao...
I was thinking something similar tbh...same could be true for Sawano's project, they may need some new music to go with whatever expansion could be added.

Seems likely if Monolith's working on an X port its not going to be a one to one port, and having its own Future Connected like add on would add more incentive to buy the game.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I was thinking something similar tbh...same could be true for Sawano's project, they may need some new music to go with whatever expansion could be added.

Seems likely if Monolith's working on an X port its not going to be a one to one port, and having its own Future Connected like add on would add more incentive to buy the game.
maybe not even a straight "Future Connected" given how X is open world compared to the others. im thinking more along the lines of more story content along the way, like getting Celica before Lao leaves, as the Wii U version has cut post battle banter dialog between them, new bosses (what are those Neilnail things you see in time attack?) maybe even... a new continent which would 100% call for new music, some events as well possibly...

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Some nice fanart.

And on a somewhat related sidenote, does anyone else feel that with the way that Mythra's foresight was implemented, Ghost Walker/Factory could work similarly?

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Some nice fanart.

And on a somewhat related sidenote, does anyone else feel that with the way that Mythra's foresight was implemented, Ghost Walker/Factory could work similarly?
My idea for this was similar to one of Juris moves from Street Fighter 4. It works like a regular counter but you dodge the attack (instead of attacking yourself) in the direction of the control stick.

Last edited:

Velvet Rebirth

Smash Apprentice
My idea for this was similar to one of Juris moves from Street Fighter 4. It works like a regular counter but you dodge the attack (instead of attacking yourself) in the direction of the control stick.
That's what I thought foresight was supposed to be when I watched the trailer. It's a clever idea but.. dang do I really not want anymore characters with counters

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
At the very least I am glad to see more people rallying for Elma. Even for those that haven’t played X. I hope this’ll lead to a Chrom/K. Rool effect where she’s added due to demand

also...

um.

UM.

at least one game...

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
At the very least I am glad to see more people rallying for Elma. Even for those that haven’t played X. I hope this’ll lead to a Chrom/K. Rool effect where she’s added due to demand

also...

um.

UM.

at least one game...
Be prepared for either of these to be wrong.

I do believe that an X port is in the works and given Monolith hasn't shown us any other projects for this year, that the likelihood is that will be it. However that also doesn't stop them from doing something else, new IP, XC3 or otherwise.

Currently scratching my open world itch with Immortals Fenyx Rising, and most likely Subnautica when it releases, so I in no rush currently.

Still tho, it'd be nice for this game to finally get some much needed attention.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400

also...

um.

UM.

at least one game...
I've seen more and more support for Elma and XCX lately, which is nice.
But who is this "leaker"? Can you trust him?

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Regardless of how trustworthy that guy is, one thing definitely is for certain: It's gonna be a while before we hear anything. We're already in the "E3 (time) is too close for any notworthy announcements" period, after all.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I hope we do see Xenoblade X come to the Switch. It's the only major Wii U game from the top of my head to not have gotten a second life on the Switch yet. I've been loving Xenoblade 2 so I'm interested in trying out the other games and you passionate fans have made me curious about Elma so maybe I will join the train someday.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
There was no Spirit Event last night, people are theorizing either a belated event a la Octopath Traveler or some announcement, likely online related

maybe that rumored NSO update will come sooner than expected if true

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Conspiracy Theory: They planned a spirit event for Balan Wonderworld, but Square Enix asked for it to be
canceled because of its mixed reception...yeah, right. Because that's how things work.

Still weird that we didn't get anything today. :ohwell:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Conspiracy Theory: They planned a spirit event for Balan Wonderworld, but Square Enix asked for it to be
canceled because of its mixed reception...yeah, right. Because that's how things work.

Still weird that we didn't get anything today. :ohwell:
I don't know, I doubt they care that much about reception. Promotion is promotion, simple as that.

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
28 days until Xenoblade X's 6th Japanese anniversary, which also means 28 days until we see if Sakurai can continue his 'Never Acknowledge Xenoblade X Challenge'!
INB4 we get a shot of Hero's red Luminary alt on Gaur Plain with a brief mention of X's anniversary. That's about as close to a direct reference as we could get, sadly.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
INB4 we get a shot of Hero's red Luminary alt on Gaur Plain with a brief mention of X's anniversary. That's about as close to a direct reference as we could get, sadly.
Or bayo with Jeanne alt...

Or Byleth with Edelgard alt...

There's a lot of these white haired peeps in red clothing isn't there?

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I'd probably go with a recreation of X's title screen except it's Shulk, Mythra and Mii Costume Rex staring at the Bionis.
Oh yeah, and a giant ROB standing in for the skell.

Tiny chance he'll mention "this game has yet to be ported so not many people played it" too.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
tfw you were getting ready to finally take a break from this site to attend to personal matters when THIS happens
now nobody panic buuuuuuuuuuuuuutttttt....

What are everyone's thoughts?
So, I know this is a Reddit post, but has this been shared yet?
1. That guy hinting at the X port and early April NSO update? The latter part may come true soon
2. Idk if the video is implying a 7th pass slot or another individual DLC, but if it’s the latter... that may ironically be Elma’s best bet. Won’t need a spirit board or stage. Just hope we get some bangers... I can understand no music with Piranha Plant, but if Elma gets the PP treatment she NEEDS music at the minimum

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
now nobody panic buuuuuuuuuuuuuutttttt....

1. That guy hinting at the X port and early April NSO update? The latter part may come true soon
2. Idk if the video is implying a 7th pass slot or another individual DLC, but if it’s the latter... that may ironically be Elma’s best bet. Won’t need a spirit board or stage. Just hope we get some bangers... I can understand no music with Piranha Plant, but if Elma gets the PP treatment she NEEDS music at the minimum
I just watched that video. Papagenos thinks that it might be a bonus character like Piranha Plant.

We have to wait and see for this one. Who knows. Maybe there is still a chance.

And if Mii costumes can have a bonus song, why not a "bonus fighter" as well?

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I just watched that video. Papagenos thinks that it might be a bonus character like Piranha Plant.

We have to wait and see for this one. Who knows. Maybe there is still a chance.

And if Mii costumes can have a bonus song, why not a "bonus fighter" as well?
If Elma has to come with only ONE song... Uncontrollable. Hands down.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Depending on what exactly such a bonus character would entail, I'm not sure if I'd actually want Elma to be it. If it's just as it is with Piranha Plant, a character and literally nothing else, then I'd be pretty ehhh about it. X lacks music, spirits and a stage as well, with a stage in particular being kinda necessary since Elma neither fits Gaur Plain nor the Cloud Sea all that well. If it was just another bonus fighter pack though, that'd be more like it.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Yeah if it's not a full fighter pack, I'd prefer an X stage and music to just a fighter. I even made myself warm up to the idea of the stage being New Los Angeles by having it be absolutely bustling with activity. Human and xeno spectators everywhere watching the fight, party members making cameos, easter eggs like the red lobsters being hidden in obscure places, a day-night system, the Manon ship zooming in temporarily to serve as a platform...

Primordia would still be boring as balls, though.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
As much as I'd love for Elma to be the supposed 'bonus' fighter, I'm just not confident they'd go with her, unless X was already ported to the switch a while ago with her being more familiar to a wider audience, but if anything it wouldn't get a port til later in the year...I've been thinking it could be someone like Waluigi. No real need for a new stage and music and Waluigi's an immensely popularly requested fighter, despite his current status.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
i mean as far as i know they could bend the rules with the last individual dlc, as there's 3 empty stage spots after the pass ends. we could STILL get a stage and music if Elma's individual. just no spirit board.

i can live with no spirit board as long as i get music, and also a stage

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
I'm erring on the side of caution with the bonus fighter rumour. It could be that it's simply a result of confusion caused by Pra and Mythra being 'seperate' fighters, or the original FP2 bonus was a different Mii costume, I personally think theres a really solid chance they originall planned Pyra/Mythra for FP1 with the Rex Mii to tease that happening. After that fell through it'd make sense to change the mii costume with season 2 to something that was less of a hint, maybe they even planned to give away the Ninjara outfit rather than do a guessing game for ARMS.

That said, if it's some sort of bonus, which I think is possible, I don't really see why not Elma. Especially if XCX does get ported soon and they have marketing on their minds. Maybe they'd make it free for anyone who bought Pyra/Mythra.

Top Bottom