• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I was killing some time on spirit board this morning and look who showed up:

View attachment 271916
(yay, Infinite)

That's the first time i see Elma on here (i knew about it, but i never saw her myself).
If this isn't a sign, than i don't know what is. ^^ (btw spirit board loves that Lotus. She showes up all the time)
I should probably play Warframe sometime. Tried it once on my switch but skipped the tutorial too fast,,

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Yeah she's crazy rare, and I assume you have to unlock her via Challenges before she shows up too.
Yeah, you do - the same thing goes for any spirit that you unlock through Challenges. I guess it's there to make it so you can't permanently lose the spirit by accidentally selling it or using it as Summon material.

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
You know, I never got the chance to play the original Xenoblade, but I fell in love with the Mecha design when it was a trophy in Smash 4 and I'm really looking forward to seeing her in action. I'm actually a little concerned she'll be competition for Elma in my head.
This is Smash speculation. When are characters NOT in competition with each other?

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Oh hey, since the big red X at the opening is not that likely to be an X reference. Here's something that's far more likely to be one.

https://twitter.com/Fminus14/status/1260567474044637185

I was killing some time on spirit board this morning and look who showed up:

View attachment 271916
(yay, Infinite)

That's the first time i see Elma on here (i knew about it, but i never saw her myself).
If this isn't a sign, than i don't know what is. ^^ (btw spirit board loves that Lotus. She showes up all the time)
Oh, that really is pretty lucky. I haven't seen her pop on the Spirit Board even once in all the time I've had the game. And mind you, I've had the game since launch.
Though then again, I haven't really touched Smash since Byleth's release, so there's that.

If someone is interested:
Here is how Mecha-Fiora looks like in Xenoblade DE

Me as a massive Fiora-Fanboy: i approve
I've seen this a short while ago already, and I gotta say: Yes. Nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Oh hey, since the big red X at the opening is not that likely to be an X reference. Here's something that's far more likely to be one.

Oh, that really is pretty lucky. I haven't seen her pop on the Spirit Board even once in all the time I've had the game. And mind you, I've had the game since launch.
Though then again, I haven't really touched Smash since Byleth's release, so there's that.

Be careful when you embed tweets; I changed it to a link this time, but embedding tweets with words that are normally censored here is considered censor dodging.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

oh yeah. Future Connected is almost CERTAINLY gonna tie in to X now. i can taste it.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Random thought: if Elma does indeed appear in XCDE’s new Challenge Mode, you think THAT was Caitlin Glass’s NDA? XCDE was Adam Howden’s NDA as well

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Random thought: if Elma does indeed appear in XCDE’s new Challenge Mode, you think THAT was Caitlin Glass’s NDA? XCDE was Adam Howden’s NDA as well
Entirely possible.

That said... we may never learn what projects NDAs are meant for.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Who knows. Maybe, maybe not. Would be cool (i don't know what to believe anymore ^^)

btw how are you guys going to play XCDE? Main Game first and then Future Connected?
I'm not sure yet. I thought i play the prologue first and then im jumping to FC.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Who knows. Maybe, maybe not. Would be cool (i don't know what to believe anymore ^^)

btw how are you guys going to play XCDE? Main Game first and then Future Connected?
I'm not sure yet. I thought i play the prologue first and then im jumping to FC.
I never played the original, so main game by default for me.

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
Apparently the intro to FC spoils the end of the main game, so it's main game first for me, probably gonna duck out of the forums for a few days just incase theres something cool for me to discover on my own.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I intend to play until you set out from Colony 9 for good, and then get into Future Connected. Get a feel for the game on the new console before I hop into the completely new content and all. By now I've already played the original around four times, so I'm familiar enough with the story so that I don't need any kind of refresher.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I intend to play until you set out from Colony 9 for good, and then get into Future Connected. Get a feel for the game on the new console before I hop into the completely new content and all. By now I've already played the original around four times, so I'm familiar enough with the story so that I don't need any kind of refresher.
Pretty much what I'm doing except a bit further until Bionis Leg.

I want to jump into the new content as I know the world inside out already but I want to experience that opening up of Gaur Plain in the new graphics.

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
I'm doing main game, then FC, since I've only watched the Chugga LP; I'd like to experience it even if I already know how it goes down. And it's been a while too so I'm very excited.

Shenryu64

Smash Rookie
It was confirmed in a interview with Takahashi in a new issue of Famitsu that they are developing a new game since 2018 alongside Xenoblade DE (The development of Xenoblade DE and this new game started after Torna was finished).

Let's hope it is a Xenoblade X2 or something X related and not Xenoblade 3...

Dutch Raikuna

It was confirmed in a interview with Takahashi in a new issue of Famitsu that they are developing a new game since 2018 alongside Xenoblade DE (The development of Xenoblade DE and this new game started after Torna was finished).

Personally I hope neither and for a new IP.
I wouldn't mind a new Xenoblade game but I would love for Takahashi and his team to try something unorthodox.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

I'm betting its that new IP that Monolith was making!

Makes sense too. Work on two projects. One with financial safety (the remaster) and one that allows developers to be creative.

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
I was gonna write what I'd like to see in terms of a new game but I actually don't know what I want.

I love seeing returning characters, especially if they're brought back with purpose or in unexpected ways, but I also love most 'sequels' that are completely different in setting fro the original, like how Automata was to Nier (or DkS --> DkS2); having maybe small easter eggs to previous happenings so you can piece yourself (I love hearing people's theories or looking for connections in the game from dialogue or item descriptions).

I guess I just want something that keeps me hooked on the 'how' and 'why' things are the way they are in the new game, especially if everything seems different from the previous at first glance.

And now I'm wondering what the cast of each game would be like 20 years into the future.

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
I wish I understood the situation at Monolith more. They opened a bunch of studios but I don't know if they all work on seperate stuff or if they collab on games and I have no idea how many projects they're assisting on at the moment. They helped on Animal Crossing and they're working on BOTW2. strongly doubt they'll do an X2 without an X port first. It's possible it's being handled by another team in or outside of Monolith Soft if it is in development. Afterall I think it's probably less work to update that than the original, especially with DE having added so many features that either are from X, or would help develop it.

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
What are some ideas that you all have for an X2 in terms of story/gameplay? For me, the biggest thing that I want is for the idea of a silent protagonist to end. Somehow it's supposed to allow for you to have greater freedom and make something unique, but for me personally it just takes me out of the experience in story-heavy games. This was something painfully obvious in Fire Emblem: Three Houses with Byleth. Sure, you could customize the name and gender, but that was it. They already had voice actors too, so why did they need to be mute with the complete lack of any real customization? Just something that I've never liked for any story driven experience.

Anyways, for the story, there's stuff I'd love to see, but I'll spoiler tag for safety.
Like I was saying, I think having it follow another ark ship, somewhere like New Tokyo or some other city would be cool. Have us explore new continents and maybe some previously unexplored locations in continents that we've seen before. I'd set it a few months/years after the original, so that there would have been time to let things seen before to develop. Perhaps NLA has set up colonies in Primordia or Noctilum? Along with that, have Elma and other party members from X join your new cast of characters at some point. Fleshing them out and having them to play a role in the story would be something neat, as a "direct" sequel is something we haven't had in the Xenoblade franchise yet. One final idea: make Mira be a form that Meyneth took to kind of connect the X series as yet another parallel universe. I think that could be a cool twist, but it's something that I don't really expect or need from a sequel.

Also, hi! Thought I'd pop in again before DE comes out. I'll probably play through the game again fully before jumping into Future Connected. Really excited to see the new landscapes as well as hear all the remastered music. I've already played through it so many times, what's once more?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Guess who’s preordering DE soon!

also, hoping that the ARMS character is a Spirit. If so, Elma’s chances will have gone up significantly! Even more so if she guest cameos in DE and/or the game Monolith was working on at the same time as XCDE was in fact XCXDE or XCX2!

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

also, hoping that the ARMS character is a Spirit. If so, Elma’s chances will have gone up significantly! Even more so if she guest cameos in DE and/or the game Monolith was working on at the same time as XCDE was in fact XCXDE or XCX2!
HA! You only NOW placed your pre-order, fake fan!?!? I placed mine as early as yesterday!

Please note this isn't meant to be insulting. I'm just trying to make a joke.

Dutch Raikuna

HA! You only NOW placed your pre-order, fake fan!?!? I placed mine as early as yesterday!

Please note this isn't meant to be insulting. I'm just trying to make a joke.
Amateurs.

I've had mine preordered for a month now!

Joke by the way. Just remember that Amazon is apparently delaying some orders from what I hear.

Last edited:

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I don't think whether a spirit does or does not get promoted changes her or any characters chances, but it's no small thing to see the pointless and frankly childish gatekeeping of 'Spirits deconfirm' crumble away for good.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Comic Book Guy: I pre order the game FOUR TIMES the first second pre orders went up. I secure my pre orders as early as possible so I could get 1 sealed copy of the Collector's Edition, one seal copy of the regular release, one open copy of the Collector's Edition, and one open copy of the regular version. Surely non of you will top my fanboy levels of devotion to Xenoblade and gaming.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
So, with DE releasing this week, there's some information starting to float around. I read the following a few times, but until the game is released let's treat this with lot's of caution.

Apparently, there is something involving Uncontrollable and Black Tar, be it mentions int he art book, the songs in the files, or at least references in the files. Once again, keep in mind that this is in no way confirmed as of right now, but if it is true, there's a chance that Elma could be a playable character through the time attack mode.

And on an unrelated side note, I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition from Amazon last month when I saw it up. I have yet to get a mail about it being send out, but I really hope that I hear from that soon. . .

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So, with DE releasing this week, there's some information starting to float around. I read the following a few times, but until the game is released let's treat this with lot's of caution.

Apparently, there is something involving Uncontrollable and Black Tar, be it mentions int he art book, the songs in the files, or at least references in the files. Once again, keep in mind that this is in no way confirmed as of right now, but if it is true, there's a chance that Elma could be a playable character through the time attack mode.

And on an unrelated side note, I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition from Amazon last month when I saw it up. I have yet to get a mail about it being send out, but I really hope that I hear from that soon. . .
I don't see Elma being playable but a battle in time attack mode seems very likely. Would certainly be cool if she was playable and she came with her own unique arts, though.

Apparently Tora from XC2 is in the game, too (makes sense since Riki was in the challenge mode for that game).

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I haven't seen anything relating to datamines of Time Attack content yet so I'm just gonna assume X has nothing to do with Definitive Edition.

Nothing in Future Connected is related to X story-wise either.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

So regardless how's anyone gonna treat their day they get the Remake of 1.

For me I'm gonna play the prologue on both 3DS and Switch and run the cutscenes concurrently.

Then switch to my TV and play from there.

Nothing in Future Connected is related to X story-wise and I haven't seen anything relating to datamines of Time Attack content yet, so I'm just gonna assume X has nothing to do with Definitive Edition.
My friend, not being rude but try and hide that. I really want to avoid spoilers for Future Connected and want to get my hopes up for anything.
I'll be pissed if someone accidentally spoils it.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I don't see Elma being playable but a battle in time attack mode seems very likely. Would certainly be cool if she was playable and she came with her own unique arts, though.

Apparently Tora from XC2 is in the game, too (makes sense since Riki was in the challenge mode for that game).
I mean, I don't really count on her being playable either, but if this mention of both Black Tar and Uncontrollable does have some truth to it, there should at the very least be a bit more than just a boss fight. After all, from a sheer moveset standpoint, Elma would be pretty easy to adapt to 1's battle system. Either way, I just hope that they blindly force Rex into this, (because there's apparently also something involving him, urgh) and leave our colonel out.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

and Tatsu? Yeah I know, I know. But for the sake of completeness, they should throw him in there too

Top Bottom