• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

New Trailer for the Definitive Edition. Gives new footage of post game.
U STOOL MA JERB!!!!!

Although to be fair, I don't know Japanese. For all I know, they could be insulting me for not knowing about Xenoblade until Shulk came to Smash.

Calamitas

Smash Champion

New Trailer for the Definitive Edition. Gives new footage of post game.
So those Nopon from the official artwork are playable, after all. Not too surprising.
But oh man. . . is anyone else hoping that Tyrea is playable as well, after seeing her in action during that portion of the trailer? 'Cause I'd really love for her to be playable.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Okay so I came across this thread :

https://twitter.com/Fminus14/status/1256079024008441856

And I have to say, if this theory turned out to be true, I would be VERY happy with future connected, I would geek all over. Something like this would make me even okay with the fact they are doing a definitive edition of 1 first rather than X.
Would somebody make a more condensed version of this? I honestly don't understand most of it.

Wisehunter

Smash Apprentice
Would somebody make a more condensed version of this? I honestly don't understand most of it.
The important thing to take is that through Telethia the endbringer from Xenoblade X, future connected would build a clear cannonical stand that Xenoblade X is part of the Xenoblade multiverse that Xenoblade 1and 2 are part of. And also by chosing to expand on the Telethia the endbringer lore explicitly canonically in future connected, they would be showing they indeed are targeting to keep Xenoblade X going, and could even mean that they did it to trigger people interessant in X even more, as setting up for X eventual port on the switch.

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
If we ever get Xenoblade X Definitive Edition, I wish they would do 3 things:
1. Add the cut content into the main story instead of a standalone adventure. While Mira's worldbuilding was amazing, I can't say the main story was: there we're too many development issues with the game that left a lot of questions in regards to the main story, especially the fact that some party members we're supposed to have more relevancy, as shown indirectly by the Boss Rush. It would be a better approach than Torna/Future Connected also because this is an open-world game with online play and it wouldn't gate the content.
2. A new version of FrontierNav that can track enemies and collectables like the Sheikah Slate (even if it's a post-game unlockable): one of the reasons I haven't 100% surveyed Mira is because I haven't been able to craft all the items necessary to beat the Superbosses and it's almost impossible to track everything that I need to make a character build. Finding enemies, keeping tabs on recipe progression and how many items you have/need towards it relies highly on memory, so streamlining this would go a long way.
3. Increase the text size.

Last edited:

Wisehunter

Smash Apprentice
I beated the superbosses using a team of skells (I know some want the challenge of beating them on foot, and I know that on optimal builds foot combat is more powerful than Skell, but I was not going for minmax nor anything like that).

I used two Ares 70, one Formula with evasion and one Lailah tank (And without that glitched auto attack weapon). To build them I did mostly world nemesis farm. Just a few instances I went out to get the material from the monsters. Took some time to do but I did not felt it was toooooo much, I would at least say it was less of a headache (and more fun) than farming Night vision on Xenoblade 1.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Here’s the most important tweets:

So while there will likely be some 2 connections, there will be a fair share of X connections too

also
still say the Conduit ends up on Mira after the events of Xeno 2. Xeno 1 and Xeno 2 are implied to happen at the same time in parallel worlds, but Xeno X happens after both of them

Calamitas

Smash Champion
still say the Conduit ends up on Mira after the events of Xeno 2. Xeno 1 and Xeno 2 are implied to happen at the same time in parallel worlds, but Xeno X happens after both of them
Does it, though? X takes place in the 2050s, while 1 and 2 take place thousands of years after the 21st century. Unless there's some multiverse and time travel weirdness going on, I don't see X taking place after the other two.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Does it, though? X takes place in the 2050s, while 1 and 2 take place thousands of years after the 21st century. Unless there's some multiverse and time travel weirdness going on, I don't see X taking place after the other two.
multiverse/time travel weirdness is kinda what im counting on tbh

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
More millions of years than thousand of years.

Still loved that Alrest is basically earth in the distant future......

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
I haven't played the original Xenoblade yet so I'm not really in a place to speculate on potential links, but I see portals in the trailer for future connected so I feel like they could be doing anything. For all we know it's all gonna tie into ARMS.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I haven't played the original Xenoblade yet so I'm not really in a place to speculate on potential links, but I see portals in the trailer for future connected so I feel like they could be doing anything. For all we know it's all gonna tie into ARMS.
Yes! My headcannon that Xenoblade is at the center of the Nintendo Multiverse still has a chance!

What? How else can I explain Smash?

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
I've more than once listened to Black Tar and imagined it was about Dharkon taking over Mira during the World of Light story.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Guess nobody else shared this yet, huh? Well then.

We got our first glimpse of the English dub for Future Connected - beyond Shulk, that is. Melia definitely has a new voice actress, which really isn't surprising, but still a bit of shame.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

We got our first glimpse of the English dub for Future Connected - beyond Shulk, that is. Melia definitely has a new voice actress, which really isn't surprising, but still a bit of shame.
Say, is it just me, or is the lipsyncing a little inconsistant? Fiora and Melia look fine, but I swear there's something off with Reyn...

Dutch Raikuna

I don't know why but I like Melia's new voice from hearing the bit, feels more down to earth and you can definitely tell Adam Howden has aged in his voice.

The English dubbing still holds as one of the best in gaming.
Wonder if they'll be any more quality of life adjustments than what has been talked about so far.

Last edited:

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
When the little nopon says "Cannot abandon hope" I can only assume they mean Hope Alanzi. Crossover confirmed lol

Calamitas

Smash Champion
So, since this thread isn't really used for much else these days - the English version of the overview trailer that was released a couple of days ago is out not.

We also get to hear some more English FC!Melia in it, and. . . I'm honestly not really sure anymore whether that's Jenna Coleman or not.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
So, since this thread isn't really used for much else these days - the English version of the overview trailer that was released a couple of days ago is out not.

We also get to hear some more English FC!Melia in it, and. . . I'm honestly not really sure anymore whether that's Jenna Coleman or not.
Wait, Nintendo of America... PROMOTING this game!?!?! What sort of crazy timeline are we in!?!?!

Not that I'm complaining, of couse. They just... have a trackrecord.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
love how XB1 fans act like the game was done dirty 10 years after it’s spawned a franchise that’s had every game brought over and a Smash slot

Renmazuo

Smash Cadet
Heads up, game has leaked on 4chan so be wary of spoilers.

Also they did get Jenna Coleman back, she is credited as voicing Melia in Future Connected apparently.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Honestly with all the big Wii U games getting ported to the Switch, there is no excuse for Nintendo not to port or remaster Xenoblade X on the Switch.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Also they did get Jenna Coleman back, she is credited as voicing Melia in Future Connected apparently.
If so interesting. For her status as well having been a lot on British TV a good bit over the last number of years. Know her from Doctor Who but can't remember what else at the moment.
And speaking of the two in Future Connected, Adam Howden's is mostly a stage actor. Also My God, he probably made his own Wikipedia page with that detail on it.

And curious on the 4chan leak if you have a link.

And it is fine. Well detailed.

Last edited:

Renmazuo

Smash Cadet
If so interesting. For her status as well having been a lot on British TV a good bit over the last number of years. Know her from Doctor Who but can't remember what else at the moment.
And speaking of the two in Future Connected, Adam Howden's is mostly a stage actor. Also My God, he probably made his own Wikipedia page with that detail on it.

And curious on the 4chan leak if you have a link.

And it is fine. Well detailed.
https://arch.b4k.co/v/thread/506899738/

Scroll down and you'll see someone posting screenshots of the game.

This is just an anecdote but it feels appropiate to post here. I don't know how actively involved Monolith is in the localization of their games, but back when they worked for Namco they received quite a bit of flak due to Xenosaga 2 replacing a lot of voice actors. After that they went through the trouble of getting almost every original voice actor back for Xenosaga 3.

Dutch Raikuna

https://arch.b4k.co/v/thread/506899738/

Scroll down and you'll see someone posting screenshots of the game.

This is just an anecdote but it feels appropiate to post here. I don't know how actively involved Monolith is in the localization of their games, but back when they worked for Namco they received quite a bit of flak due to Xenosaga 2 replacing a lot of voice actors. After that they went through the trouble of getting almost every original voice actor back for Xenosaga 3.
Had a look through, interesting.

I just want to know if any stuff is connected to the other games, especailly the end, when some things have been hopefully changed a bit for consistency.
All I really want to know about.

My god is 4chan toxic.

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
love how XB1 fans act like the game was done dirty 10 years after it’s spawned a franchise that’s had every game brought over and a Smash slot
As someone who came to the franchise with X after learning about it from Smash 4, I feel like the truth is Nintendo of America WERE going to do it dirty, but Operation Rainfall completely turned things around. I do wonder how things owuld have gone if NoA hadn't changed their minds.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It seemed like its release was handled poorly in North America, between it being Gamestop/EB Games exclusive and those stores selling "used" copies for full price. (mind you, I can't complain too much since I still got the game from there)

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I've been looking at some of these spoilers . There's no story spoilers for Future Connected yet, but there's one thing in there that I found rather interesting.

There is apparently some kind of "time attack" mode, where you can get "special pieces of armour". My guess is that we really will get something like the Land of Challenge from 2, and that there will be special armour that is based on characters from the other Xenoblade games. I just hope that Fiora is spared the fate of getting Pyra's outfit, and that instead we get something actually cool like Elma's outfit for Sharla, or Celica's outfit for Melia.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I've been looking at some of these spoilers . There's no story spoilers for Future Connected yet, but there's one thing in there that I found rather interesting.

There is apparently some kind of "time attack" mode, where you can get "special pieces of armour". My guess is that we really will get something like the Land of Challenge from 2, and that there will be special armour that is based on characters from the other Xenoblade games. I just hope that Fiora is spared the fate of getting Pyra's outfit, and that instead we get something actually cool like Elma's outfit for Sharla, or Celica's outfit for Melia.
Wait, you want Xenoblade to have a Fire Emblem crossover?

*ba dum tsh*

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220

The only leak I'm interested in seeing. After watching the trailer several times, I was swearing up and down that they brought in a soundalike for Jenna. A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one.

Honestly with all the big Wii U games getting ported to the Switch, there is no excuse for Nintendo not to port or remaster Xenoblade X on the Switch.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like the real hurdle holding back an X port is the sheer amount of expensive work that would need to be done. Huge portions of the game would likely need to be remade from the ground up to accommodate for the lack of the Gamepad. Not saying it can't be done, but if Monolith is going to go to all that trouble I'd rather they just make a sequel. Maybe that's a tad selfish on my part since I've already played X, but they could always include the first game's cutscenes, or at least a written summary to get people up to speed, kind of like what they did with Xenosaga 3.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The only leak I'm interested in seeing. After watching the trailer several times, I was swearing up and down that they brought in a soundalike for Jenna. A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like the real hurdle holding back an X port is the sheer amount of expensive work that would need to be done. Huge portions of the game would likely need to be remade from the ground up to accommodate for the lack of the Gamepad. Not saying it can't be done, but if Monolith is going to go to all that trouble I'd rather they just make a sequel. Maybe that's a tad selfish on my part since I've already played X, but they could always include the first game's cutscenes, or at least a written summary to get people up to speed, kind of like what they did with Xenosaga 3.
I mean, Tokyo Mirage Sessions used the game pad, and Encore included a workaround for switch. Plus, XCDE isn’t that much of a “port” either. Several things have been reworked, including the menus. I don’t see why they can’t do the same for a potential XCXDE.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Wait, you want Xenoblade to have a Fire Emblem crossover?

*ba dum tsh*
. . .What the hell are you talking about?

I think you're misremembering just how much X used the Gamepad. All it was really used for was the FrontierNav system and using multiplayer emotes, and that can easily be done with a few new menus.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

I think you're misremembering just how much X used the Gamepad. All it was really used for was the FrontierNav system and using multiplayer emotes, and that can easily be done with a few new menus.
Sorry. I was trying to make a joke about how you wanted Celica's outfit in the game. It just so happens there's an FE character named Celica.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

You know how ACNH has buttons for the emotes and the apps? Maybe assign the multiplayer emotes and frontiernav to buttons

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Sorry. I was trying to make a joke about how you wanted Celica's outfit in the game. It just so happens there's an FE character named Celica.
Ah. Yeah, that one's in not exactly the best position to land, since Shadows of Valentia was released a few years ago by now already.

You know how ACNH has buttons for the emotes and the apps? Maybe assign the multiplayer emotes and frontiernav to buttons
ACNH was exactly what I had in mind there, actually. Though considering the amount of emotes in X, I don't think that the exact emote setup would work.

Top Bottom