• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
UPDATE OH MY GOD

https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/475685790

SHE HAS A MECHA

and she's also not very "well known" which obviously knocks out any Overwatch character as they're quite well known i'd say

Mecha-Fiora has Face Nemesis, but she doesn't use it in playable combat.... KOS-MOS can pilot AGWS/whatever they're called after Xenosaga 2 I forgot...

but most importantly

MOTHER. FRICKING. VERUS.

ELMA GANG LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

GolisoPower

Smash Master
UPDATE OH MY GOD

SHE HAS A MECHA

and she's also not very "well known" which obviously knocks out any Overwatch character as they're quite well known i'd say

Mecha-Fiora has Face Nemesis, but she doesn't use it in playable combat.... KOS-MOS can pilot AGWS/whatever they're called after Xenosaga 2 I forgot...

but most importantly

MOTHER. FRICKING. VERUS.

I'm not sure what to think about this. On the one hand, I'd be very happy if this turns out to be Elma. On the other hand, it could be the Outer from Daemon X Machina, despite the game not even being out.

Again, could be amazing if it's Elma, but it could go either way.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
UPDATE OH MY GOD

SHE HAS A MECHA

but most importantly

MOTHER. FRICKING. VERUS.

Rie, please. Don't do that. Don't give me hope.

I swear to god, if Elmas is in, i'm gonna lose my mind. Another character that could be considered using a mech or mecha would be Mechanica from Arms. But i don't see her happening instead of Min-Min (why does nobody love Dr. Coyle?).

It's time for another waiting-game, i guess.

Last edited:

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Elma's practically the only character I do want in Smash...
There are, of course, other characters I tangle the possibility with, but having supported Elma for a while, I'm going to stick with the hope until the very end. Just really quietly.

But, well. That 4chan post does spark that glitter in my weary eyes.

Abade

Smash Apprentice
UPDATE OH MY GOD

SHE HAS A MECHA

but most importantly

MOTHER. FRICKING. VERUS.

Not a well known character, there’s one Xenoblade X Mecha character
Wels/Verus-Chan confirmed for Smash!

:love::shades::troll:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Not a well known character, there’s one Xenoblade X Mecha character
Wels/Verus-Chan confirmed for Smash!

:love::shades::troll:
I said “has a Mecha” not “IS the Mecha” :drflip:

:troll:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
To be fair someone did legit leak Ken, Incineroar AND Piranha Plant:
View attachment 235781
Ohh, right. That's the one I was thinking of. And wasn't there also something similar back in the day with Smash 4 and Cloud? Like, some guy leaking him a while before he was announced?

“Rex from Xenoblade 2 is too new for Smash. Here, have Edgelord from Fire Emblem Three Houses instead. What? The Luminary from Dragon Quest XI? He’s not too new, he’s five months older then Rex.” -Sakurai’s logic, (probably)
I'm sorry, but as far as I'm concerned, any reason to keep Rex out of the game is a good reason.

UPDATE OH MY GOD

SHE HAS A MECHA

but most importantly

MOTHER. FRICKING. VERUS.

Well, that's promising at least. Considering that the original post also talked about how this character would disappoint and confuse a lot of people, I suppose it also fits? I mean, as far as Smash speculation at large - as in, including this board and beyond - goes, most people are expecting/hoping for Rex as far as Xenoblade newcomers go.
These next two weeks will be long. . .

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
UPDATE OH MY GOD

SHE HAS A MECHA

but most importantly

MOTHER. FRICKING. VERUS.

Great, now I'm even MORE nervous about an Overwatch. People are expecting Tracer to get in, being the mascot and all, but what if Sakurai pulls a Robin and adds D.Va instead? I'm sorry that this is off-topic, but I just don't know what to think. WE NEED MORE DETAILS!

Just... pleaee no Overwatch in Smash. I'd rather have Steve or even *shudders* a... Fortnite character...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ohh, right. That's the one I was thinking of. And wasn't there also something similar back in the da

I'm sorry, but as far as I'm concerned, any reason to keep Rex out of the game is a good reason.

Well, that's promising at least. Considering that the original post also talked about how this character would disappoint and confuse a lot of people, I suppose it also fits? I mean, as far as Smash speculation at large - as in, including this board and beyond - goes, most people are expecting/hoping for Rex as far as Xenoblade newcomers go.
These next two weeks will be long. . .
What were you saying at the start? Kinda got cut off there

But if this is true it might also line up with the Wii U ports rumor, which hopefully X is one of them...

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Great, now I'm even MORE nervous about an Overwatch. People are expecting Tracer to get in, being the mascot and all, but what if Sakurai pulls a Robin and adds D.Va instead? I'm sorry that this is off-topic, but I just don't know what to think. WE NEED MORE DETAILS!

Just... pleaee no Overwatch in Smash. I'd rather have Steve or even *shudders* a... Fortnite character...
I mean, there's one simple way to check how much of a possibility of that there is.
How much of a presence does Overwatch have in Japan?

What were you saying at the start? Kinda got cut off there

But if this is true it might also line up with the Wii U ports rumor, which hopefully X is one of them...
Oh, seems like I accidentally deleted a few parts of my message when I switched pages. . . well, I'll just quote it below, now that I've edited it in.

Ohh, right. That's the one I was thinking of. And wasn't there also something similar back in the day with Smash 4 and Cloud? Like, some guy leaking him a while before he was announced?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I mean, there's one simple way to check how much of a possibility of that there is.

Oh, seems like I accidentally deleted a few parts of my message when I switched pages. . . well, I'll just quote it below, now that I've edited it in.
I think that was Tansut and iirc he used analogies/riddles, something about Star Wars I think? It was meant to be an analogy for Cloud

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Assuming that the results for Googling "how popular is Overwatch in Japan" are accurate, it seems that, at least in the beginning (say, 2016 to 2017), it wasn't as popular as it was in America or Korea, but it definetly had a presence. I would at assume it was more popular than other FPS games there, but don't quote me on that. Plus, as I said, this was back in 2016-17, so it could have changed.

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Good lord I know I shouldn’t believe 4chan leaks like this, but rarely do posters come back and give more info on a leak. They usually take their 5 minutes of fame and go. That gives me more hope than anything.

I just want Elma so bad. I know she’d be my exact Smash play style as well. Gosh I want this so much.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
*emerges from out of nowhere*

Huh? Did someone say Elma rumour?

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
I feel that it’s time to bring this iconic meme back if Elma were to truly get in:

EE34ECF1-C437-41BE-880B-4B0026EBCFBD.jpeg

When people say “Who’s this D-list character who became Smash DLC?” and “Why didn’t my most wanted make it in?”

ZelDan

Smash Master
I don't really believe the 4 Chan post, but if the mecha stuff is indeed true, then Elma's the only character I can think of related to that I'd have any interest in.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I feel that it’s time to bring this iconic meme back if Elma were to truly get in:

View attachment 235853

When people say “Who’s this D-list character who became Smash DLC?” and “Why didn’t my most wanted make it in?”
I want someone to make an edit of Elma’s Advice with her just saying, “Hoes mad”

Do it

Please

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I'll say, while I still don't fully this leak, there are at the very least some things about it that give me a bit of confidence. Namely, it's that it deliberately states that the character is obscure and not highly requested. Most of the time, these kinds of leaks just promise us all kinds of characters that are already talked about a lot anyway. Makes it feel the tiniest bit more legitimate, y'know?

I think that was Tansut and iirc he used analogies/riddles, something about Star Wars I think? It was meant to be an analogy for Cloud
Yeah, it talked about something like a blonde character to commemorate the seventh episode, if I remember. At any rate, it was a description that was worded so that it could fit both Luke Skywalker and Cloud Strife.
Not on 4chan, though? Guess I remembered that wrong, then.

Assuming that the results for Googling "how popular is Overwatch in Japan" are accurate, it seems that, at least in the beginning (say, 2016 to 2017), it wasn't as popular as it was in America or Korea, but it definetly had a presence. I would at assume it was more popular than other FPS games there, but don't quote me on that. Plus, as I said, this was back in 2016-17, so it could have changed.
I just highly doubt that Overwatch has much of a presence in Japan. FPS are generally less popular there, and I don't recall Sakurai or his team ever mentioning the game in any capacity. If you ask me, we're still at a point in Smash where a Western third-party character is overall still rather unlikely, Banjo or not. We have to keep in mind that Banjo originally was a Nintendo character, after all.

I want someone to make an edit of Elma’s Advice with her just saying, “Hoes mad”

Do it

Please
Oh, I can do that. I still have the template for Elma's Advice that I built last year, plus the font used in X. Doing that'll be simple.
I won't be able to get around to it until tomorrow, though.

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Man, the thing about the leak that makes me not believe is how coy the leaker is being. Like, if you know who it is (and they would if they know details about the character being female, not highly requested, and having a mech) then just say who it is. It’s not difficult to do.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
OH
GOD

OH ****!!!!

PACK IT UP YALL ITS ELMA FOR SURE

HOES MAD

WE DID IT

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Riddle.

Lin = “Boots”
Tatsu = “trusty backpack”
...Oh.

So like in a Final Smash maybe Lin helps out and Tatsu is just... there I guess? That could be cool. Makes sense there would be no Cross since the avatar doesn't really have a default look that screams "Cross". I do see the connection, yet I'm not willing to go all in tbh. This person honestly sounds a lot like the "flying weapon girl" leaker on Twitter. Wouldn't surprise me if they were the same person, just giving slightly altered details.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
OH
GOD

OH ****!!!!

HOES MAD

WE DID IT
It sounds more like they're describing Dora the Explorer. (I think the monkey's name was Boots?) I'm pretty sure this post in particular is trolling.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Yeah this is just a big troll. You guys cant let these 4chan leaks control you. This was an obvious troll jumping onto it

GolisoPower

Smash Master
It sounds more like they're describing Dora the Explorer. (I think the monkey's name was Boots?) I'm pretty sure this post in particular is trolling.
That did sort of throw me off, sure, but as Rie said, it was most likely a riddle, with "Boots" being Lin Lee (She wears some pretty cool boots) and the "Trusty Backpack" being Tatsu (He carries a backpack himself, and even gives you the Follow Ball for exploration).

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Riddle leaks are never true, sadly. I was on board with the first one but now it just seems too good to be true, especially because most leaks not counting the Verg leaks happened literally the day before a reveal.

Also yeah that one is clearly a ****post describing Dora the Explorer.

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I mean, if nothing else, it's nice to have a leak/er that has a very high chance of talking about Elma. It's a neat change of pace.

OH
GOD

OH ****!!!!

HOES MAD

WE DID IT
Okay, but is it just me, or does that penultimate paragraph not make much sense in terms of grammar?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I mean, if nothing else, it's nice to have a leak/er that has a very high chance of talking about Elma. It's a neat change of pace.

Okay, but is it just me, or does that penultimate paragraph not make much sense in terms of grammar?
Probably meant to put an “in” in there somewhere

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Riddle leaks are never true, sadly. I was on board with the first one but now it just seems too good to be true, especially because most leaks not counting the Verg leaks happened literally the day before a reveal.
Actually, during Gen VII of Pokemon, there was a Chinese Riddler leak that hinted at a lot of Pokemon, and they were all true. Sure only one instance isn't enough to go by, but it's still something.

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300

That's exactly why I thought it could be the "flying weapon" person back for Round 2 because they had spotty English as well (I believe they were Japanese?). However, all of this hinges on a September 12 announcement, so we'll know soon enough for certain.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
That's exactly why I thought it could be the "flying weapon" person back for Round 2 because they had spotty English as well (I believe they were Japanese?). However, all of this hinges on a September 12 announcement, so we'll know soon enough for certain.
Also Sept 12 falls on a Thursday which is a safe day for a direct to occur

Calamitas

Smash Champion

Also yeah that one is clearly a ****post describing Dora the Explorer.
I mean, back in the Smash 4 days, there was this aforementioned leak that revealed Cloud in a way that could've also referred to Luke Skywalker.

And how does Dora the Explorer fit in with a mech?

No, I highly doubt that it's the flying weapon person. They were Japanese and essentially had used Google Translate to post things in English. This person meanwhile can form coherent sentences, aside from that one sentence in the last post. Plus, the Japanese one was on Twitter, not 4chan. Mind you, I still don't really believe this leak, but I just don't see this being the same person.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I just think the third one is a joke by a different guy.

I'll stay cautiously optimistic though...I do really want this to be true.

Sunny-Zee

Smash Journeyman
UPDATE OH MY GOD

SHE HAS A MECHA

but most importantly

MOTHER. FRICKING. VERUS.

This calls for the hype mix! But I don’t want to call in “Uncontrollable” juuuusssst yet, so let’s cue up a little something by Vince DiCola himself!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
This calls for the hype mix! But I don’t want to call in “Uncontrollable” juuuusssst yet, so let’s cue up a little something by Vince DiCola himself!
Will The Key We’ve Lost count as the “anticipation” theme?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
*ahem*
(Is on a cell phone so too lazy to get the image)
<insert "Please Hype Responsibly" ROB image often used by Source Gaming when Nintendo announces basically anything, here>

Top Bottom