• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
If that hint is for Smash (which might also just be for Animal Crossing Switch, since a new installment is long overdue), there are (most likley) three possibility:
-Isabelle, altough I don't see them reveal just an echo tomorrow.
-The Gen VII rep which could either be Inceneroar, Tapu Koko etc. etc since they all are animals per se.
-The Full Metal Jaguar.

I can't see anyone else for that hint. No Isaac, no Geno, no Skull Kid, no Karate Joe. Just those three.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Vergeben said isabelle would be an echo and Incineroar is most likely the Pokemon rep for Smash. Very likely they could be revealed this direct. We'll see.
i'm going to keep a close eye if that outcomes happens.
for personal reasons. but i feel these combo reveals would be very perfect and coincidental

there's so many mixed up rumors all over the place, and there was that one Evade Dashing rumor that came up.
looks like the BF-variant of Final Destination

The_Intruder

Smash Apprentice

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
i'm going to keep a close eye if that outcomes happens.
for personal reasons. but i feel these combo reveals would be very perfect and coincidental

there's so many mixed up rumors all over the place, and there was that one Evade Dashing rumor that came up.
looks like the BF-variant of Final Destination
Vergeben might be right, but those characters might not be revealed in today's Direct (as he pointed out on gamefaqs).

About that leak...it looks fake to me. There is no way Wavedashing is back since there is lag when performing that move (so it is basically useless, as been reported by Melee players who played the demo), and the writing in the image is just too long, while in all official Smash showcase has always been a single simple line.
Also it doesn't make sense to dedicate a segment on professional Smash on a 35 minutes GENERAL Direct, where the audience is mostly casual players or even not interested in Smash.

On another note, Youtuber Delzethin in with us!
https://twitter.com/Delzethin/status/1039995977191575552?s=09

Last edited:
Hoi! Sorry to barge in :)

Only 14 hours before the direct! I come from the Skull Kid and Geno thread to wish you guys:

I hope you get to have Elma in smash!

Cheers.

Loz18-Echo

Banned via Warnings
I'm gonna be honest I'm really scared right now :( this is the moment for the reveal if its ever gonna happen. But I feel a slight optimism going in for some reason lets do this.

Hoi! Sorry to barge in :)

Only 14 hours before the direct! I come from the Skull Kid and Geno thread to wish you guys:

I hope you get to have Elma in smash!

Cheers.
Wish all the best the same way :)

Fierymew

Smash Journeyman
I won’t count out Elma until we’ve seen what that mech gun was used for.

But I’m not gonna lie, if she doesn’t show up here, I will be a little worried

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Part of me doesn’t want to watch the direct just in case

I don’t mind being spoiled if it’s Elma so by all means @ me if she’s in, and if Waddle Dee and/or Black Shadow make it, @ me as well. I’m pretty confident for Isabelle

Loz18-Echo

Banned via Warnings
I will always root for Elma in this game no matter what until she is deconfirmed literally as an assist trophy. But as you mention Fierymew Fierymew i will feel like her chances are decreasing by the minute.

But no matter what happens I would love to keep interacting with this amazing group always :)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Didn’t someone mention that NoA has been tweeting about Shulk and Fiora being DLC Blades in XB2 despite them being in the game for months? And perhaps they could post about Elma as a Blade today, along with....???

hmmmmMMMMMM

1536858401870.gif

Loz18-Echo

Banned via Warnings
Didn’t someone mention that NoA has been tweeting about Shulk and Fiora being DLC Blades in XB2 despite them being in the game for months? And perhaps they could post about Elma as a Blade today, along with....???

hmmmmMMMMMM

View attachment 163819
OMG YOU MIGHT BE ONTO SOMETHING

if a tweet comes out before the direct i'm backing on her being in this Direct

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
We shouldn't count Elma out not even if she doesn't show in this Direct. Remember when people dismissed Shulk because "no way they would reveal him near the end of the hype cycle".

I will cont her out only when Sakurai will say that he had revealed everyone, and she isn't there. Or if she is an AT, which by this points seems very unlikely.

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300

hmmmmMMMMMM

View attachment 163819
Even then, I think that they could do it after the direct. It would help the general audience learn more about her and market her well. I could see them saying something like "The newest fighter in the Super Smash Brothers series, Elma, also makes an appearance in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 as a DLC blade. Earn her as a blade before you play Smash to get to know her!". Seems like a good enough blurb to get people interested.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Regardless of what happens, I’m confident that Elma will be in Smash eventually. She’s only getting more and more popular each passing day, slowly but surely, and a XCX port and sequel on the Switch guarantees that her future will be alive and well.

Wisehunter

Smash Apprentice
Caitlin made a post asking if it is still video game day and posted her favourite characters she voiced, being Elma one of them!!

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Dude I'm amazed on how many people are sleeping on Elma this direct. Of any of the speculation videos I've seen, Elma has not been even considered. Anyways less than a hour away, I'm excited.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Well then, less than half an hour to go. . .
Seems like a good time to dig up this old image:

Let's just hope that there'll be an opportunity to use it.

Edit: Oh, and also this image.

Last edited:

Loz18-Echo

Banned via Warnings
Alright, I'll see you all on the other side of the direct.

Let's hope we'll be celebrating by the end

PEACE

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
2 and 30 minutes.

We will met again once it is over, fellow Blades, and hopefully we will be celebrating!

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
well that was....unexpected. I don't think anyone pegged Isabelle as a unique fighter and I doubt she did that well in the smash balllot soooooo

I guess this is good news, at least we know the Smash Ballot isn't the be all end all of character choices. I'm just happy that I can realize my inner dream of beating up Ridley with Isabelle. Also I don't know if I'd call Isabelle a semi clone. She seemed to only share one attack.

Edit: disregard the last, she appears to be a semi clone based on her short video.

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
not talking smash that direct was horrible
I actually though the opposite. Luigi's Mansion 3, ports of Final Fantasy, Animal Crossing, Yoshi, Daemon X Machina...all great stuff for me!

But Isabelle as a semi clone...is kinda of meh to be honest. Even the trailer was very slow.

But still Elma isn't out of the run, so let's not lose hope my friends!

Calamitas

Smash Champion
And the wait continues. Oh well. I'm admittedly a bit underwhelmed by Isabelle myself, but eh, it's cool to have her.

Luviant X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Luviant_X
Switch FC
SW-2346-6627-6402
Very bad direct.

Elma's not out of the running, but her chances drop. This is more evidence that Verg's sources are correct. He said Isabelle would be playable. He also said a gen 7 rep and a square rep would be playable.

So unless they reveal more than 2 unique characters between now and the release date, it's likely those two are the last non echo characters getting in.

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
Well, I was kind of expecting no X news since Torna is literally right around the corner, and they probably don't want to distract from that. The best time for anything X related, including Elma in Smash, will be after Torna is out and they don't have to worry about trying to sell it anymore.

In the meantime. I'll gladly take Luigi's Mansion 3, FF9, and that Beat 'em Up pack, thank you very much.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Very bad direct.

Elma's not out of the running, but her chances drop. This is more evidence that Verg's sources are correct. He said Isabelle would be playable. He also said a gen 7 rep and a square rep would be playable.

So unless they reveal more than 2 unique characters between now and the release date, it's likely those two are the last non echo characters getting in.
Granted verg has sketchy sources, just because one thing came true doesn't necessarily mean everything he claims will be. Also, there could be more he doesn't know about.

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion

Let's not lose our heads, though. Shulk was also announced pretty close to the game's release, so I really don't think that this has to mean anything.

Mistaros

Smash Cadet
After this direct, I'm starting to lose hope for elma :(
May be it's just a secondary effect after this trailer that was underwhelming for me. One of the worst if not the worst for me (sm4sh trailers included).

Congrats to the isabelle fans. She made it in.

Top Bottom