• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hope for Elma restored!!

If Elma does get a new stage which I think she will come with one, which would you prefer? I’m still split between Sylvalum (best night music + weather effects) and Noctilum (potential Telethia Plume/Telethia the Endbringer stage boss)

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Hope for Elma restored!!

If Elma does get a new stage which I think she will come with one, which would you prefer? I’m still split between Sylvalum (best night music + weather effects) and Noctilum (potential Telethia Plume/Telethia the Endbringer stage boss)
I’d have to say Sylvalum. It’s the closest thing to a snow stage and we certainly need more of those in Smash. I mean, Summit is good and all, but it doesn’t hurt to have variety.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Elma, one of my top-five most-wanted newcomers! It's funny, until the fake "codename" leak from a few months ago, I didn't even consider Elma a possibility despite loving XenoCross. As soon as her name was thrown around for consideration I knew I was on board. We have to at least get NLA as a stage, surely!

Also...Xenoblade Chronicles X Switch port Nintendo...pretty please...

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Hope for Elma restored!!

Great to hear that!

Personally after Lake Ciel was brought up some pages back I really want it to happen, but honestly any location that isn't Primordia is fine for me. Just don't do another boring grass land, please Sakurai.

Loz18-Echo

Banned via Warnings
Hmm I think we've got 3 more unique newcomers left and i think i know how's it's gonna happen

October- Were gonna get something similar to the Robin/Lucina to reveal with a trailer just being shown on its own. This is the perfect moment for an Elma reveal showing off her stage as well

November- We will get the smash direct of course with it starting off similar to the last one with a character reveal. Incineroar and Ken reveal in the same trailer. the last remaining Echoes will be next whoever they are and then end it with a Geno reveal

Last edited:

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
I think that a traveling stage would be best, if not either Sylvalum or Noctilum. Since there is such a heavy focus on exploration in X, I think a stage that shows off the world of X would be great. Another idea that I had was for a stage based on the floating islands in Oblivia. Seeing all of the gigantic rings in the background and the natural beauty of the world would be incredible. Also, It needs to come with at least 50 new music tracks and also ones from the original. Mechonis Field was robbed of a spot, I'm telling you.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I think that a traveling stage would be best, if not either Sylvalum or Noctilum. Since there is such a heavy focus on exploration in X, I think a stage that shows off the world of X would be great. Another idea that I had was for a stage based on the floating islands in Oblivia. Seeing all of the gigantic rings in the background and the natural beauty of the world would be incredible. Also, It needs to come with at least 50 new music tracks and also ones from the original. Mechonis Field was robbed of a spot, I'm telling you.
They may load all the 1 stages onto Gaur Plain and the X ones on the X stage. There may even be some 2 tracks on either, as getting the music before a 2 rep who’s likely to be DLC shouldn’t be a big deal

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
So, just to add to some discussion, what kind of items from the Xenoblade series do you want to see? Personally, I'd love to see Core Crystals from XBC2 that work in the same way that Poke Balls do. A Lin assist trophy that uses Trash Talk and forces the opponent to only be able to use attacks against it until she is KOed would be cool as well. A Skell assist trophy could also work.

aarchak

Smash Ace
So, just to add to some discussion, what kind of items from the Xenoblade series do you want to see? Personally, I'd love to see Core Crystals from XBC2 that work in the same way that Poke Balls do. A Lin assist trophy that uses Trash Talk and forces the opponent to only be able to use attacks against it until she is KOed would be cool as well. A Skell assist trophy could also work.
Yelv's Multigun would be awesome. Oh yeah, and a bitball, that has different physics than the soccer ball.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Personally, I'd love to see Core Crystals from XBC2 that work in the same way that Poke Balls do.
Me too! Though I wonder how the Blades with unique weapon classes (Akhos’ bow-scythe, Mikhail’s twin fans, Haze’s staff, etc.) can work in Smash.

Abade

Smash Apprentice
Welp

it's likely we will not get Elma on the base roster...I'm feeling really defeated right now :(
That has no affect on Elma's inclusion whatsoever. True or false there is still "slots" available Elma can take. No one has provided evidence that the box invalidates the "evidence" and "love" Elma gets. It doesn't answer these questions:
Can you tell us what Sawano is working on with other Super Smash Bros composers? What that toy mech Sakurai bought is for? Why did Elma get her own Xenoblade 2 trailer and not others like KOS-MOS and Shulk? Why did the Red Cube guys called her "famous"? Why no Xenoblade X content so far? Why is Elma's voice actress, Caitlin Glass so vague? Why can't Caitlin Glass answer a simple 'yes' or 'no' question in regards to Elma being in Smash instead of giving non-answers and skip questions? Why hide the music tracks number for Xeno and not other series such as Metroid or Final Fantasy VII?
Did they go all out of the way just to bring in Elma's voice actress to England during her "vacation" earlier in 2018 to voice Elma in Xenoblade 2?

There is that "music theory"
Music Theory follows two basic principles:

1. No series will have two music posts on the blog
2. Every newcomer will bring a new song with them

Ridley and Inkling were followed immediately by Brinstar Depths and Bomb Rush Blush
Simon and K. Rool were followed immediately by Bloody Tears / Monster Dance and Gang-Plank Galleon
Pikmin got the music update this week when it was scheduled for next week. Isabelle will almost certainly be followed by the skipped Animal Crossing remix.

And no series has repeated. The only "repeat" is the generic symbol for Snipperclips and Galaga, but Galaga is very obviously a stand-in for a Pac-Man remix.
It proved true for Brawl and it currently has proven true for Ultimate.

After ruling out the franchises that have already been seen, along with the ones that won’t get a newcomer (WarioWare, for example). It lends a lot of evidence towards a Xeno rep. Rex likely wasn’t finalized in time, so that leaves Elma.

What if a different Xeno song was added? For me the only thing that would make Elma less likely is if a Xenoblade X song or other content is added, without her.
Elma had a game right around the project plan time like Splatoon. Hence why Splatoon 2 characters aren't playable and not skipping Splatoon over like what they did with Ninten.
That alleged "leaker" failed to mention Chrom, Dark Samus, K. Rool, or Richter either. He doesn’t know everything. The characters that he claimed such as Incineroar and Ken Masters do not fit the toy mech for the "project" Sakurai is working on. No currently revealed content resembles the toy mech and it's weapon. Elma's Japanese voice actress, Houko Kuwashima worked with Simon Belmont's Japanese voice actor, Kenichi Suzumura on Fire Emblem Heroes. They both never voiced Fire Emblem characters before. Simon Belmont was confirmed for Super Smash Bros.
At the risk of sounding like a conspiracy theorist, it looks like they're grooming Elma for whenever she ends up in Smash. The way they promote Elma is similar to promoting Isabelle and Inklings in Mario Kart 8. The latter were confirmed for Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

There is also that Smash hint that "Everyone dreams that Shulk and Elma would be together"
https://i.imgtc.com/hyDy8tO.jpg
https://i.imgtc.com/Je9WPVi.jpg
We seen it before Like Rodin
https://i.imgtc.com/9a0JjdQ.jpg
https://i.imgtc.com/GvHBUBk.jpg
https://i.imgtc.com/s7WRwi0.png
Shantae
https://i.imgtc.com/l03uKfS.jpg
Psycho Mantis
https://i.imgtc.com/HDbaI0S.jpg

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...oy_purchase_is_related_to_his_current_project
http://www.perezstart.com/gaming-ne...de-teases-that-its-related-to-his-work/20900/
https://nintendoeverything.com/masahiro-sakurai-bought-a-vifam-figure-as-a-reference-for-his-work/
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/88jkp6/so_why_did_sakurai_need_a_mecha_rifle_for/

There is also the 108 stages report by Corocoro. They tend to always give off information early such as Pokemon information. It is credible as they showed a version of a new Monster Hunter stage in the new single-player mode similar to Dracula's Castle of Castlevania. It isn't any different from showing Little Mac's Boxing Ring and Mario and Megaman at the Omega Battlefield at E3 early. I would imagine that Elma would have a new stage such as New LA, Noctilum, Sylvalum, or a Traveling stage.

That's actually pretty interesting. I always figured it would be kind of weird to essentially declare 103 the permanent number, or to say that no newcomers from here on will have accompanying stages. I never thought it was unreasonable, but it sounded strange.
No one has said that 103 stages is the final count less we forget showing Little Mac's boxing ring and Battlefield Omega early before revealing it's significance. They already showed a new Monster Hunter stage which no doubt will have two versions similar to Dracula's Castle.

Last edited:

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Hmm I think we've got 3 more unique newcomers left and i think i know how's it's gonna happen

October- Were gonna get something similar to the Robin/Lucina to reveal with a trailer just being shown on its own. This is the perfect moment for an Elma reveal showing off her stage as well

November- We will get the smash direct of course with it starting off similar to the last one with a character reveal. Incineroar and Ken reveal in the same trailer. the last remaining Echoes will be next whoever they are and then end it with a Geno reveal
Loz18 Echo doesn't predict Skull Kid? SMH what even is an echo with all these differences.

Coofle DeDoofle

Smash Apprentice
Well, with the news for there being 108 stages, I'm a little more hopeful for Elma. Plus, Vergeben has said we'll be getting Incineroar, Ken, and possibly that Square rep "in the very least" and has said that he only knows what he's told. So there's a chance at more. Not MUCH more, but still more.

One possible scenario: This roster that's been hinted at by Verge and the box theory are all that Sakurai and his team could manage to get in the game before launch. Any other fighters they couldn't squeeze in will likely be focused on for DLC and will be added later. Heck, the Square rep might be one of them. If that's the case, Elma could easily come later as DLC (along with Rex & Pyra) if she's not in the base game.

As for what region from X I'd like as a stage, I think Noctilum is the most likely choice.

NathanEshwar

Smash Rookie
Thought you guys would be interested. This isn't really my best. I did try doing what I can, and as a huge Elma Supporter I did it based off of both Chronicles 2, and Chronicles X in a sorta of mix of the 2. I did a Smashified on Elma, using Maya, and Photoshop, and used references/ extractions from Chronicles X and Chronicles 2, and did some revised modeling on the par for it. What do you think? Thoughts?
Think of it as a render of what Elma would be in Smash Ultimate

Last edited:

aarchak

Smash Ace
I think they'll pick Sylvalum or NLA as the stage. NLA is the main hub of the game, and was the most advertised section. Sylvalum is by far the most unique area in the game. As for where, BLADE Tower and the huge glowing tree-like thing are prime choices. The Zu Pharg could also make an appearance if it's in Sylvalum, or just BE the stage.

Thought you guys would be interested. This isn't really my best. I did try doing what I can, and as a huge Elma Supporter I did it based off of both Chronicles 2, and Chronicles X in a sorta of mix of the 2. I did a Smashified on Elma, using Maya, and Photoshop, and used references/ extractions from Chronicles X and Chronicles 2, and did some revised modeling on the par for it. What do you think? Thoughts?

Wow, that's very good.
Thumb up.gif

The only criticism I have is that the pose doesn't represent the character dynamically like the actual pictures are.

RawkHawk2010

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5576-5912-4888
Please don't get y'all's hopes up for this. The information in CoroCoro is pooled from the Smash Direct and there's no reason to assume CoroCoro would be allowed to be the source of this reveal when there's literally nothing new in it. If there were 108 stages, Sakurai wouldn't have made active effort during the Direct to stress how there were "exactly" 100 stages + the three neutrals...and then again in the Famitsu column when he addressed the technicality of "Oh, well there's actually 104 if you count the training stage." as if he had to get it just precise. Nothing else in the game has been talked about this way when it comes to quantity.

We already saw the stage screen during the Direct and Sakurai had every opportunity to confirm that to be the case there and then, so why would he flat-out lie about it? What was there to gain if CoroCoro was just going to do so a month later and with no other new information? Plus the Castlevania stage with its 34 tracks and...everything else it has going for it is logically the climax when it comes to what's there for the game's initial release.

Calling misprint. Nintendo needs to clarify this fast whatever the case.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion

Great job on the render, not exactly a massive fan of the pose though, A more dynamic pose with her shooting her guns would be nicer, and she should be looking towards the screen as well. Also her swords are missing, you could just slap them on her back like they do in X.

Please don't get y'all's hopes up for this. The information in CoroCoro is pooled from the Smash Direct and there's no reason to assume CoroCoro would be allowed to be the source of this reveal when there's literally nothing new in it. If there were 108 stages, Sakurai wouldn't have made active effort during the Direct to stress how there were "exactly" 100 stages + the three neutrals...and then again in the Famitsu column when he addressed the technicality of "Oh, well there's actually 104 if you count the training stage." as if he had to get it just precise. Nothing else in the game has been talked about this way when it comes to quantity.

We already saw the stage screen during the Direct and Sakurai had every opportunity to confirm that to be the case there and then, so why would he flat-out lie about it? What was there to gain if CoroCoro was just going to do so a month later and with no other new information? Plus the Castlevania stage with its 34 tracks and...everything else it has going for it is logically the climax when it comes to what's there for the game's initial release.

108 does line up nicely with the missing 6 slots on the demo stage CSS though, it's not guaranteed by any means but it's what many people were thinking anyway and it makes sense. Plus I still say that only 3 new stages would be extremely lame and requires skipping out on representing multiple recent big titles.

Last edited:

User Name String

Smash Apprentice

I'll make this argument: When did he definitively say "It's exactly 103 stages" or why would he purposely ruin thee surprise of new characters alongside new stages? All I'm saying is that I wouldn't reveal a stage before its respective character to ruin their hype as inclusions.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord

What exactly would Sakurai be lying about? No more stages? He never said that was final. Honing in on a specific number =/= Confirming there are no more stages. You'd think he make that abundantly clear if it were. Like with the box theory, people are acting as if they know everything based on bits and pieces that aren't quite the full picture.

The problem with a misprint is that the word "108" is in big bolded font, and as a magazine (a highly respected one at that), CoroCoro would check their print multiple times in editing before they send it out. I've seen a number of people state typos aren't common in their magazine, and we've yet to hear from CoroCoro or Nintendo admitting that it was in error.

RawkHawk2010

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5576-5912-4888
108 does line up nicely with the missing 6 slots on the demo stage CSS though, it's not guaranteed by any means but it's what many people were thinking anyway and it makes sense. Plus I still say that only 3 new stages would be extremely lame and requires skipping out on representing multiple recent big titles.
It does (since it would leave a spot for a "new page" space too), but that's also why it could easily be something CoroCoro pulled out of their ass for the same reasons others have.

I'll make this argument: When did he definitively say "It's exactly 103 stages" or why would he purposely ruin thee surprise of new characters alongside new stages? All I'm saying is that I wouldn't reveal a stage before its respective character to ruin their hype as inclusions.
11:30.

User Name String

Smash Apprentice
It does (since it would leave a spot for a "new page" space too), but that's also why it could easily be something CoroCoro pulled out of their *** for the same reasons others have.

11:30.
"Now the total number of stages is"
This single word changes the entire meaning of the sentence as the now could easily be referring to as the time of this video rather than permanency without it.

RawkHawk2010

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5576-5912-4888
"Now" as in compared to the final number from previous titles, which is why the chart is there in the first place.

Gameguy1996

Smash Apprentice
I feel like the stage would just be Blade Tower or something like that do to there being really any new traveling stages this time around. The New Donk City stage just goes around the Town Hall and The Great Plateau stage is just the tower.
The Core Crystals would be nice if they add DLC items this time around and maybe Lin could take Isabelle's old role and toss food at fighters to heal them.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
"Now" as in compared to the final number from previous titles, which is why the chart is there in the first place.
Don't base yourself just on a translation.
In the japanese version Sakurai never used a word as "total", leaving the door open for more. He goes with a more vague "stage number is, somehow, 103".
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HkGtXZUeNp0

Also it is extremely unlikely that the 108 was just an idea the writer had. Unlike must users/fans here who write guesses, CoroCoro's writers are professional, and there has never been an istance of some writer just inventing stuff. This is why is one of the most well regarded gaming magazines in Japan. On the other hand it has happened before that they mistakenly leaked stuff from the Pokémon games, so it's not out from the realm of possibilities that this might be another one of their leaks.

Last edited:

Mistaros

Smash Cadet
Why did the Red Cube guys called her "famous"?
Who are this Red Cube guys ? I haven't the DLC for Xenoblade 2, may be that's why I don't know who they are.
And your post sums up quite well the Elma's case. If with all this she's not in, Sakurai and his team are clearly unpredictable. All the evidences are here.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Who are this Red Cube guys ? I haven't the DLC for Xenoblade 2, may be that's why I don't know who they are.
And your post sums up quite well the Elma's case. If with all this she's not in, Sakurai and his team are clearly unpredictable. All the evidences are here.
Red Cube was the team that showcased Nintedo games back at Gamescom, and one of those people called Elma "famous" when they announced her as a DLC Blade for XC2. So it is basically a Nintendo rep who acknowledged her that way.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
That has no affect on Elma's inclusion whatsoever. True or false there is still "slots" available Elma can take. No one has provided evidence that the box invalidates the "evidence" and "love" Elma gets. It doesn't answer these questions:
Can you tell us what Sawano is working on with other Super Smash Bros composers? What that toy mech Sakurai bought is for? Why did Elma get her own Xenoblade 2 trailer and not others like KOS-MOS and Shulk? Why did the Red Cube guys called her "famous"? Why no Xenoblade X content so far? Why is Elma's voice actress, Caitlin Glass so vague? Why can't Caitlin Glass answer a simple 'yes' or 'no' question in regards to Elma being in Smash instead of giving non-answers and skip questions? Why hide the music tracks number for Xeno and not other series such as Metroid or Final Fantasy VII?
Did they go all out of the way just to bring in Elma's voice actress to England during her "vacation" earlier in 2018 to voice Elma in Xenoblade 2?

There is that "music theory"
Music Theory follows two basic principles:

1. No series will have two music posts on the blog
2. Every newcomer will bring a new song with them

Ridley and Inkling were followed immediately by Brinstar Depths and Bomb Rush Blush
Simon and K. Rool were followed immediately by Bloody Tears / Monster Dance and Gang-Plank Galleon
Pikmin got the music update this week when it was scheduled for next week. Isabelle will almost certainly be followed by the skipped Animal Crossing remix.

And no series has repeated. The only "repeat" is the generic symbol for Snipperclips and Galaga, but Galaga is very obviously a stand-in for a Pac-Man remix.
It proved true for Brawl and it currently has proven true for Ultimate.

After ruling out the franchises that have already been seen, along with the ones that won’t get a newcomer (WarioWare, for example). It lends a lot of evidence towards a Xeno rep. Rex likely wasn’t finalized in time, so that leaves Elma.

What if a different Xeno song was added? For me the only thing that would make Elma less likely is if a Xenoblade X song or other content is added, without her.
Elma had a game right around the project plan time like Splatoon. Hence why Splatoon 2 characters aren't playable and not skipping Splatoon over like what they did with Ninten.
That alleged "leaker" failed to mention Chrom, Dark Samus, K. Rool, or Richter either. He doesn’t know everything. The characters that he claimed such as Incineroar and Ken Masters do not fit the toy mech for the "project" Sakurai is working on. No currently revealed content resembles the toy mech and it's weapon. Elma's Japanese voice actress, Houko Kuwashima worked with Simon Belmont's Japanese voice actor, Kenichi Suzumura on Fire Emblem Heroes. They both never voiced Fire Emblem characters before. Simon Belmont was confirmed for Super Smash Bros.
At the risk of sounding like a conspiracy theorist, it looks like they're grooming Elma for whenever she ends up in Smash. The way they promote Elma is similar to promoting Isabelle and Inklings in Mario Kart 8. The latter were confirmed for Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

There is also that Smash hint that "Everyone dreams that Shulk and Elma would be together"
https://i.imgtc.com/hyDy8tO.jpg
https://i.imgtc.com/Je9WPVi.jpg
We seen it before Like Rodin
https://i.imgtc.com/9a0JjdQ.jpg
https://i.imgtc.com/GvHBUBk.jpg
https://i.imgtc.com/s7WRwi0.png
Shantae
https://i.imgtc.com/l03uKfS.jpg
Psycho Mantis
https://i.imgtc.com/HDbaI0S.jpg

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...oy_purchase_is_related_to_his_current_project
http://www.perezstart.com/gaming-ne...de-teases-that-its-related-to-his-work/20900/
https://nintendoeverything.com/masahiro-sakurai-bought-a-vifam-figure-as-a-reference-for-his-work/
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/88jkp6/so_why_did_sakurai_need_a_mecha_rifle_for/

There is also the 108 stages report by Corocoro. They tend to always give off information early such as Pokemon information. It is credible as they showed a version of a new Monster Hunter stage in the new single-player mode similar to Dracula's Castle of Castlevania. It isn't any different from showing Little Mac's Boxing Ring and Mario and Megaman at the Omega Battlefield at E3 early. I would imagine that Elma would have a new stage such as New LA, Noctilum, Sylvalum, or a Traveling stage.

No one has said that 103 stages is the final count less we forget showing Little Mac's boxing ring and Battlefield Omega early before revealing it's significance. They already showed a new Monster Hunter stage which no doubt will have two versions similar to Dracula's Castle.
hmm, which Smash Bros composers?

The_Intruder

Smash Apprentice
hmm, which Smash Bros composers?
I dunno but this reminds me this
While talking to people in the Hiroyuki Sawano Discord Fan Server, we discovered that Hiroyuki Sawano had a short recording in March this year, one which only took one day.

It was so short and not for Gundam Narrative, another project he recorded for earlier this year, since Sawano explicitly mentioned that was in December 2017 and January 2018. I'm quite sure it wasn't for Gundam Narrative too, since film soundtracks typically 5.1ch mixing, which this recording in March didn't have.

Yoko Shimomura also had a short recording session for a secret project at around the same time, and it turned out to be for Smash Ultimate, according to /u/kirbyfan64sos.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Xenoblade_...ikely_is_it_for_xenobladex_representation_in/

Abade Abade Your post was really brilliant I can't say anything about that and this will feel even weirder if elma is not here.

NathanEshwar NathanEshwar Really good job!

Last edited:

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
I doodled Elma. I truly believe she will make it into Smash!
elmaplis2.jpg

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Elma has definitely become of more interest to me lately. I do enjoy the Xenoblade Chronicles series so much, and I want to see more of it in Smash. Shulk is still my most hype first party newcomer to Smash 4 (Just barely edging out Little Mac).

I think Isabelle helps her chances and she’s definitely gotten a lot of cross promotion (No pun intended) recently. So I find her to be in one of the better places character wise (and I do doubt the box theory, I just don’t know how many we have left). Plus, as weird as it might be, she doesn’t necessarily need a brand new stage, which could help in the event 103 is really all we end up with...

I don’t know, she’s one i’d like to see and I think would play well. Though I’m afraid if she isn’t in the base game then Rex and Pyrha will supersede her as a DLC pick.

Condenir

Smash Apprentice
Does it irritate anyone else that literally EVERYONE except people in this thread 100% discount Elma as being in the roster? The general speculation is getting so bland now with everyone suggesting the same characters. I feel like the smash rosters NEVER end up how people think they’re going to so why keep suggesting the easiest characters to predict...Idk just almost disengaging me from the hype:p

Can’t believe people aren’t so suspicious about the absolute lack of ANY Xenoblade content thus far

lizard1929

Smash Journeyman
Does it irritate anyone else that literally EVERYONE except people in this thread 100% discount Elma as being in the roster? The general speculation is getting so bland now with everyone suggesting the same characters. I feel like the smash rosters NEVER end up how people think they’re going to so why keep suggesting the easiest characters to predict...Idk just almost disengaging me from the hype:p

Can’t believe people aren’t so suspicious about the absolute lack of ANY Xenoblade content thus far
She is usually in the top 10 on a majority of forums which is impressive. Every character is gonna have varying numbers of supporters and Xenoblade only recently cracked a million so it doesn't have nostalgia that is pushing other characters.
Its even more impressive when Elma comes from a sub million seller game and is competing fairly well with other potential newcomers, don't give up hope.

Mistaros

Smash Cadet

Honestly, I've been thinking the same for a week or two.
Concerning Elma, they are a lot of people (not everyone outside of this thread fortunately) who discount immediately Elma because 'it doesn't sell well on wii u" and she is not that popular.
But Smash isn't a popularity contest, but a museum of Nintendo's history in video game. And she has a claim in this considering Xeno X was one of the biggest game on wii U, and the fact that XenoX developers helped making BotW and other games too. I think that Elma beeing in smash is a thank you from Nintendo, for all their works.

As for speculations, this time they are so lame.... Everyone is saying the same bandwagon characters. You take any newcomers wishlist or speculation list and 90% of this list are the same everywhere. And the characters are "wanted" just to jump on the hype train, like with Simon that everyone wanted in after the vergeben leak and skullkid more recently.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I support! I would like to see her in the game, only because Xenoblade deserves another rep and Rex and Pyra won't be in the game.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I think the lack of many people guessing Elma is that they are unaware of all the clues she possibly has. The lack of Xenoblade music, Sawano's secret project and his picture with apparently 2 other musician involved with Ultimate, how there hasn't been any X content when it is impossible they are just going to ignore one of the Wii U biggest titles.
That's a lot solidier than any chair, missing AT or placeholder box TBH.

Also people since the August Direct just jumped ship on bandwagon characters and "muh picks from Brawl", the worst case being Skull Kid. No one had him on their radar, heck SourceGaming even gave him a 10% chance, but suddenly after that Direct he is a lock for everyone, while they ignore the fact that it all started from a leaker who has since been proved to be a troll.

Also another problem with the general speculation is that they just look at Rex and Pyra, ignoring that they wouldn't have made it back in 2015. It's almost like X wasn't a real game for them. But thankfully Sakurai isn't someone who overlooks or forgets games...

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Honestly, I've been thinking the same for a week or two.
Concerning Elma, they are a lot of people (not everyone outside of this thread fortunately) who discount immediately Elma because 'it doesn't sell well on wii u" and she is not that popular.
But Smash isn't a popularity contest, but a museum of Nintendo's history in video game. And she has a claim in this considering Xeno X was one of the biggest game on wii U, and the fact that XenoX developers helped making BotW and other games too. I think that Elma beeing in smash is a thank you from Nintendo, for all their works.

As for speculations, this time they are so lame.... Everyone is saying the same bandwagon characters. You take any newcomers wishlist or speculation list and 90% of this list are the same everywhere. And the characters are "wanted" just to jump on the hype train, like with Simon that everyone wanted in after the vergeben leak and skullkid more recently.
This pretty much, of the characters everyone is suggesting I pretty much only think incineroar, ken and shadow are all that likely, maybe Isaac but I honestly don't see geno, banjo or skull kid happening.

Top Bottom