• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

Loz18-Echo

Banned via Warnings
I hate this I'm hyping myself up too much thinking about this. I just want an announcement so we can finally know when the direct happens.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I pray that we get a Xenoblade X port during this direct. It's the only Xenoblade game I've played and I never got the chance to finish the Wii U version. And an Elma announcement with a boat load of X's soundtrack would be pretty amazing.

Definitely count me in as a supporter.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Honestly, the only way I'd be hyped for a Xenoblade X port is if there was some way to port over game data from the Wii U version to the Switch Version. I really enjoyed XCX, but the idea of playing through a huge game like that again from the start makes me wince.

A XCX2 announcement however...

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
I have over 200 hours in XBX....

But no 100% completion. :c

When I finally got the Ares and painted it White with Orange lights and called it Soda Can I stopped because that was my last goal I could feasibly get without dealing with heavy RNG or more heavy grinding. Here's to hoping XCX2 has more multiplayer incentives as well as updates to keep interest for well over a year like XB2.

Elma is the one character I want, but otherwise, I am extremely satisfied with the roster. I hope she gets in the base game...

Fierymew

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, the only way I'd be hyped for a Xenoblade X port is if there was some way to port over game data from the Wii U version to the Switch Version. I really enjoyed XCX, but the idea of playing through a huge game like that again from the start makes me wince.

A XCX2 announcement however...
Honestly, I hope there is no way to transfer data. I want to start fresh, and experience the game all over again, but that's just me

ZelDan

Smash Master
Honestly, I hope there is no way to transfer data. I want to start fresh, and experience the game all over again, but that's just me
The thing with me is, I'm not THAT huge a fan of large open world games as other people are. the occasional one for me is fine and all, but they can definitely be exhausting, not to mention a huge time investment, and with all the great gam,es that have been coming out, that is one thing that makes me wary.

Part of the reason I haven't even checked out Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is because I'm still kind of burnt out from BotW. Well, that and some of the character designs and stylistic choices in XC2 kind of turned me off as well.

Fierymew

Smash Journeyman
The thing with me is, I'm not THAT huge a fan of large open world games as other people are. the occasional one for me is fine and all, but they can definitely be exhausting, not to mention a huge time investment, and with all the great gam,es that have been coming out, that is one thing that makes me wary.

Part of the reason I haven't even checked out Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is because I'm still kind of burnt out from BotW. Well, that and some of the character designs and stylistic choices in XC2 kind of turned me off as well.
That's fair.

That makes me wonder though. Would it actually be possible to transfer save data over? I've been thinking about that ever since the Switch came out.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
That's fair.

That makes me wonder though. Would it actually be possible to transfer save data over? I've been thinking about that ever since the Switch came out.
I mean I guess so? It could be over Wi-Fi or something, like doing a system transfer between 3DSs or Wii and WiiU?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
If nothing else, I'd love to see XCX2's character creation system become a bit more robust. I didn't find most of the customization options in the game very appealing, and the faces on both genders tended to look the same (the males in particular always seemed to have this perpetually scowling look on their faces, which bothered me).

XC2's more-lively animations and simplified art style on a more powerful engine gives me hope that XCX2 could potentially make your avatar look better than in XCX.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500

Wisehunter

Smash Apprentice
Well, but they also reminded that Shulk is a blade in Xenoblade 2 very recently on their twitter (NoA), even though this is know for a long time now. Maybe they did this just to not look too suspect :v

Last edited:

lizard1929

Smash Journeyman
You are all terrible people for getting me excited for any X news in the direct. Shame on you.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Not a fan of puns?
Shulk Taken Aback.gif

At least we can all agree that Elma in Smash would be absolutely amazing and could very well happen in this upcoming Direct :D

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
Well, but they also reminded that Shulk is a blade in Xenoblade 2 very recently on their twitter (NoA), even though this is know for a long time now. Maybe they did this just to not look too suspect :v
That, or we're getting a XC1 and X Port for Switch.
Oh, the waiting......

lizard1929

Smash Journeyman
X port and XC1 Remaster using the XC2 art style and engine!
I think X will come first as the XC3D is still available on a supported platform unlike wii u. Also XC has been ported twice (Wiiu VC, 3ds) and is due for an upgrade that would take longer to work on than an X port.

(Also are you "gwinning" at all these people who did not like your pun...)
do I have to point it out

Last edited:

Danpal65

Smash Lord
I think X will come first as the XC3D is still available on a supported platform unlike wii u. Also XC has been ported twice (Wiiu VC, 3ds) and is due for an upgrade that would take longer to work on than an X port.

(Also are you gwinning at all these people who did not like your pun...)
Oh I absolutely agree the X port would come first, the XC1 remaster was more wishful thinking than anything.

No I wasn't whining about people not liking the pun, I was just trying to have a playful poke about it that's all. Sorry if it came across otherwise!

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
And the Direct has been confirmed for tomorrow, an exact week delay.

Now let's see who retweets it...

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
This is Elma's chance as she isn't well suited for a smash direct
Yeah, someone like Isaac or Geno who is more popular among smash fans than the general public would make more sense in a smash direct, someone like elma or bandana dee who are more relevant make more sense for general directs

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
My risky bet for tomorrow is: Elma, Isabelle, Waddle Dee and Black Shadow

Loz18-Echo

Banned via Warnings
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

PLSSSS

ELMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Yeah, someone like Isaac or Geno who is more popular among smash fans than the general public would make more sense in a smash direct, someone like elma or bandana dee who are more relevant make more sense for general directs
On the other hand, Greninja was revealed in a Smash Direct whereas Shulk was revealed in a general Nintendo Direct. So it can go either way.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
On the other hand, Greninja was revealed in a Smash Direct whereas Shulk was revealed in a general Nintendo Direct. So it can go either way.
While Shulk was picked for the XC port to new 3DS, your point still stands when you consider that Geninja was chosen for the Smash Direct while Little Mac and Palutena (two of the most requested newcomers back then) were in regular Directs without any promotional reason.

Edit: Or even Ridley (a character the general Nintendo fanbase doesn't really care) at E3 rather than Simon Belmont, a huge classic character that the Smash fanbase never really cared for.

Last edited:

Loz18-Echo

Banned via Warnings
Here's the thing if she isn't revealed in this direct it doesn't mean she has no chance at all. but

IT'S TIME TO SEIZE OUR DESTINY

Last edited:

Fierymew

Smash Journeyman
So, how much are we all expecting for the Smash portion? I’ve been kind of imagining Elma, and possibly, if were lucky, one other newcomer, and maybe a couple of echoes.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
So, how much are we all expecting for the Smash portion? I’ve been kind of imagining Elma, and possibly, if were lucky, one other newcomer, and maybe a couple of echoes.
Honestly I'm expecting a very brief Smash portion. Just a single character reveal (Elma), maybe an echo if we are lucky, but I can't really see two unique now.
I'm not even expecting Sakurai to came out and describe the character, I really think it is going to be a CGI trailer and that's it.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Who knows, most people were keeping expectations low for the smash direct and then we got 2 newcomers and 3 echoes. We could have a trailer at the beginning and one at the end. Sakurai could show up and show off some echoes and other details before going into a newcomer trailer, or it could just be a single trailer at the end. I'm keeping expectations low cause I really don't know what to expect.

Last edited:
Top Bottom