• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ok so

Fighter Pass's 5th character has been confirmed to not be:
  • Geno
  • Doomguy
  • Tracer
  • Scorpion
  • Crash
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Arthur from Ghosts n Goblins
  • Dante
  • Gordon Freeman
  • anyone from NIS
  • anyone from Falcom
  • anyone from Ubisoft
  • anyone from Level 5
  • and now, anyone from Bandai Namco. meaning, KOS-MOS, Lloyd, Nightmare, Heihachi etc. isn't FP5
that leaves only Capcom, which I doubt because of the Proto Man + Zero costumes and Resident Evil Spirits

and

you guessed it

Nintendo themselves.

It's time to find out what Caitlin Glass's NDA finally is...!

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Ok so

• Geno
  • Doomguy
  • Tracer
  • Scorpion
  • Crash
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Dante
  • Gordon Freeman
  • anyone from NIS
  • anyone from Falcom
  • anyone from Ubisoft
  • anyone from Level 5
  • and now, anyone from Bandai Namco. meaning, KOS-MOS, Lloyd, Nightmare, Heihachi etc. isn't FP5
that leaves only Capcom, which I doubt because of the Proto Man + Zero costumes and Resident Evil Spirits

and

you guessed it

Nintendo themselves.

I feel kinda bad for saying this, but keep your expectations in check. Just because we have more deconfirms then confirms doesn't mean we know everything. For one, some of those characters have competition within their own companies (Crash is competing against other Activision-Blizzard characters, Doomguy is competing against other Bethesda characters, etc.). Secondly, while those companies certainly have good ties with Nintendo and all deserve to be in Smash (especially Level-5), there are still other companies out there to choose from, as Wikipedia of all places can attest to. As for Nintendo themselves, the heat is ESPECIALLY hot there. We didn't get anything related to Three Houses or Astral Chain, despite both those games being big deals, and even GameXplain (or at least Jon) still think Rex and Pyra have a chance. At this point, all we can do is wait, see, and hope for the best.

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
If this thread knows how to do anything, it’s keep expectations low. I mean, we’ve been here for over a year, still in the same situation, so we gotta speculate/hope a little.

I doubt it’s Elma, but I still hope nonetheless.

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
There's a nice mixture of hope and caution going in here, I'm diggin' it. I want to focus on the characters I want rather than beg for scraps from leakers and rapidly go through the stages of grief for a roulette of names and companies.

Team Elma \o/

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I'll say, if nothing else, we have far more reason to be hopeful than we were prior to the SNK leak and Terry announcement. Back then, pretty much every third-party character was fair game, whereas now, things are very narrowed down. The last real hurdle (or at least, what's commonly perceived as such) at this point is Capcom, and like Rie said, they may also be out of the running.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Ok so

• Geno
  • Doomguy
  • Tracer
  • Scorpion
  • Crash
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Dante
  • Gordon Freeman
  • anyone from NIS
  • anyone from Falcom
  • anyone from Ubisoft
  • anyone from Level 5

and

you guessed it

Nintendo themselves.

Bandai Namco is out too?! For the love of...WHO ist this character?!

Im already pretty satisfied with the character roster as is but if i can have Elma or even Fiora...**** yes im gonna take it.
Im hoping for a reveal this week.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Bandai Namco is out too?! For the love of...WHO ist this character?!

Im already pretty satisfied with the character roster as is but if i can have Elma or even Fiora...**** yes im gonna take it.
Im hoping for a reveal this week.
It’s probably reimu or even the hollow knight... It’s at least someone with no connections

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I'm hoping for a reveal this week.
Same here. I know everyone and their mother is banking on a reveal at the Game Awards, but I'd honestly prefer being able to watch the next character announcement live, without having to stay up til 4 in the morning and having to sit through hours of pointless drivel.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Ok so

• Geno
  • Doomguy
  • Tracer
  • Scorpion
  • Crash
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Dante
  • Gordon Freeman
  • anyone from NIS
  • anyone from Falcom
  • anyone from Ubisoft
  • anyone from Level 5

and

you guessed it

Nintendo themselves.

IT'S ELMA TIME BABY!!! I'M REALLY FEELING IT!!!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
IT'S ELMA TIME BABY!!! I'M REALLY FEELING IT!!!
We put a dent in all the competition, now let’s move in and keep the rhythm going!

even though I wanted KOS-MOS for Namco’s next character... season 2 perhaps?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
This is crazy. So many of my most wanted characters have shot up in chance or are facing weird circumstantial evidence pointing towards them. I'm almost afraid to commit and should probably just wait it out. Could it be Elma time?? Phoenix time? Sora? Reimu? Akira Howard? Someone else entirely??? It's wild.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
We put a dent in all the competition, now let’s move in and keep the rhythm going!

even though I wanted KOS-MOS for Namco’s next character... season 2 perhaps?
The fact that so many major 3rd party companies are out of the running for FP5 and GameXplain showcasing that if Assist/Spirits could be upgraded video leans me to believe we will get a Nintendo rep for FP5. GameXplain has deep connections within Nintendo, so they obviously already know who FP5 is. They discussed in that video that it isn't impossible for FP5 to be a Nintendo character and it all doesn't have to be 3rd party. They could have went on this topic a year ago, but the fact that they uploaded this video so close to the VGA and the announcement of FP5 is highly suspicious to say the least.

It's crazy to think that Elma, Phoenix, and Reimu might be our next characters. I hope they all get in.

Also if by some God given miracle Marina Liteyears get's in I'll cry.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Just keep in mind, I wouldn't bank on GamXplain quite yet unless Jon Cartwright posts about otters or something else (like a bear). He had once speculated about FP4 being revealed at EVO, and nothing came of it.
But still, why didn't they jump on this topic a year ago? Why now of all times when all of these major characters/companies are being deconfirmed to be FP5 by insiders like Verge and Sabi. It's clear as day almost know one knows who FP5 except probably very few people in the industry. I'm really thinking they know FP5 is a Nintendo rep.

Edit: They pretend to not know, but they do. Some of their prediction videos have a mixture of the truth and false theories. They just play the fool so that the Nintenjas don't go after them.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
But still, why didn't they jump on this topic a year ago? Why now of all times when all of these major characters/companies are being deconfirmed to be FP5 by insiders like Verge and Sabi. It's clear as day almost know one knows who FP5 except probably very few people in the industry. I'm really thinking they know FP5 is a Nintendo rep.
Hmm, you may have a point.

At any rate, I can't help but wonder if we'll get two reveals in a row in the upcoming VGAs, especially seeing how ahead of schedule the staff is...

Senatiator

Smash Apprentice
Ok so

• Geno
  • Doomguy
  • Tracer
  • Scorpion
  • Crash
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Dante
  • Gordon Freeman
  • anyone from NIS
  • anyone from Falcom
  • anyone from Ubisoft
  • anyone from Level 5

and

you guessed it

Nintendo themselves.

There is also Sony but with the Smash tournament Sony was part of that was happening after E3 with an insider such as Shinobi or Ryce or someone claiming that post Fighter Pass dlc was decided at E3 2019 may suggest they would come later.

They do have a working relationship. They released games on the SNES, Game Boy Color, and the Nintendo Switch. As well as manufacture soundtracks such as Xenoblade X. They participated in a Super Smash Bros tournament, the CEOs owned Nintendo and Sony consoles, etc.
https://twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1196269149002952704?s=20
https://www.famitsu.com/news/201911/18186832.html
Sunstar Stationery Co., Ltd. (stationaries)
Sugitaka Co., Ltd. (construction company)
Styling Life Holdings, Inc. Plaza Style Company (cosmetics)
Zoff Corporation (eyeglasses)
Taisho Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (pharmaceutical company)
Patent Office (Japan's)
Love Graph Co., Ltd. (photography)
Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. (gaming company)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4iqEXAEom0
https://crossplaygames.com/games/phantasy-star-online-2
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_that_support_cross-platform_play
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q*bert
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.po...-nintendo-switch-game-tiny-metal-unties-label
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Imagesoft
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bu...t-sony-send-letter-trump-china-tariffs-2019-6
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...t-sony-cloud-gaming-partnership-amazon-google
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6_-RYPKdSuw
https://www.discogs.com/Hiroyuki-Sawano-Xenoblade-X-Original-Soundtrack/release/9719740
https://www.gonintendo.com/stories/...is-claiming-xenoblade-chronicles-x-soundtrack
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/excu...-claiming-right-over-xenoblade-x-ost.1044541/
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/631516-wii-u/71788635
http://nintendolatino.com/sony-copyright-xenoblade-chronicles-x-youtube/
https://amp.reddit.com/r/Xenoblade_Chronicles/comments/3pzbpi/copyrighted_music/
https://i.imgur.com/KDpOzPI.jpg

There is a small chance that an out of nowhere rep like Game Freak showing up with their IPs like Pulseman or GIGA Wrecker, HAL Laboratory with Lolo from Eggerland, and CyberConnect2 with Solatorobo.

Pallex

Smash Journeyman
The wind blows hard in December
Sawano's project, do you remember?
Caitlin Glass's under NDA
And there's that rifle still to this day

SHOW US LIIIIIGHT FOR NOW ELMA ALREADY
I member!

Member when Elma showed up in Xenoblade 2 and they had Super Smash Bros references like Mythra’s Super Smash Bros costume and how “everyone dreamed of seeing Shulk and Elma together” but didn’t specify who is “everyone” in that sentence?
If that is NOT a reference to Super Smash Bros but Mythra's new costume somehow is simultaneously, I'll eat a pillow.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Been a bit since I've peeked in here..

Have a nice vid by Luxin about XCX and XC2 on the week of their anniversary's... (western anniversary for XCX)...
https://youtu.be/sSx2poXIl9c

Will confess, that my optimism is high right now that we'll get some kind of additional monolith representation in Smash soon... what it is or how big, no idea, obviously... but I feel good about the prospect that there's "something" on the horizon.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Been a bit since I've peeked in here..

Have a nice vid by Luxin about XCX and XC2 on the week of their anniversary's... (western anniversary for XCX)...
https://youtu.be/sSx2poXIl9c

Will confess, that my optimism is high right now that we'll get some kind of additional monolith representation in Smash soon... what it is or how big, no idea, obviously... but I feel good about the prospect that there's "something" on the horizon.
....this year will mark Xenoblade X's fourth anniversary in the West. you think...?

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I can't see Nintendo caring about the Western release date for a game in particular, unless they also really care that said game was nominated (but didn't win) a Western game show award.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Cut Xenoblade X Spirits duh. Monster Hunter had cut Spirits too. They might be saving those Spirits for Elma and Monster Hunter getting in the future.
I was thinking also

Since Elma would hypothetically be the first Spirit Promotion, her fighter spirit would likely be named "Elma (Fighter)" and it would probably be her Xenoblade 2 artwork

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I was thinking also

Since Elma would hypothetically be the first Spirit Promotion, her fighter spirit would likely be named "Elma (Fighter)" and it would probably be her Xenoblade 2 artwork
OMG! Remember last year when dataminers found cut Jetforce Gemini and Blast Corps Spirits in the game's code? Almost everyone including myself was sure after that Banjo & Kazooie were in. OMG! I think she's in. :awesome:

Cut as in their content is removed from the spirit board?
Yep, physically from the game entirely.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
OMG! Remember last year when dataminers found cut Jetforce Gemini and Blast Corps Spirits in the game's code? Almost everyone including myself was sure after that Banjo & Kazooie were in. OMG! I think she's in. :awesome:

hmm... think they'll do a General Rare Spirit Event with the JFG and BC spirits now that B&K are in? RIP The Devil's Third spirits tho lmao

BlackInk

Smash Lord

Hmm... is there proof that it indeed get rid of the data? I don’t recall losing my Elma spirit.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
hmm... think they'll do a General Rare Spirit Event with the JFG and BC spirits now that B&K are in? RIP The Devil's Third spirits tho lmao
I'm not entirely sure. But I would be all up for it as well as Spirits from Conker and Battletoads. Hell, Battletoads could be DLC down the line since Phil said something in the lines that sounded like Rare characters are easier to get into the game and probably more likely our next Microsoft character might be another Rare character.

Hmm... is there proof that it indeed get rid of the data? I don’t recall losing my Elma spirit.
Elma's Spirit wasn't removed, it's just there was cut Spirits from X that didn't make it into the game.

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
It’s worth noting that songs are always given game-specific origins, to the point of listing multiple titles in medleys. Then some characters list specific games if they’re applicable, but not always. Some games seem to have separate titles for series, music origins and then specific games (ie Xenoblade Chronicles appears thrice, Xenoblade 2 appears once).
I’m still not sure what to make of it.

Selenite

Smash Cadet
I was thinking also

Naming the Fighter Spirits are unnecessary since they have two Roys fighting each other and the developers stated that "spirits are trophies but easier to develop". They showed quirks like two DLC fighters not taking up two of the placeholder slots for the World of Light, Monster Hunter music is categorized as "Other" but internally it has it's own category.

There are trophies with the same name such as
Zero

Mewtwo

Lucas

Also, Elma would not technically be the "first Spirit promoted" due to the fact that another character became playable.

Master Hand is a Spirit and it is REQUIRED to play as him in the World of Light. You can't play as Crazy Hand or Kirby and friends so no "Kirby only run".

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Naming the Fighter Spirits are unnecessary since they have two Roys fighting each other and the developers stated that "spirits are trophies but easier to develop". They showed quirks like two DLC fighters not taking up two of the placeholder slots for the World of Light, Monster Hunter music is categorized as "Other" but internally it has it's own category.

There are trophies with the same name such as
Zero

Mewtwo

Lucas

Also, Elma would not technically be the "first Spirit promoted" due to the fact that another character became playable.

Master Hand is a Spirit and it is REQUIRED to play as him in the World of Light. You can't play as Crazy Hand or Kirby and friends so no "Kirby only run".
I thought for the two DLC characters (Hero and Banjo) not taking up WoL slots was actually Sakurai just adding two more slots while Hero and Banjo still took up two as normal?

Night Gale

Smash Ace
Meh, I support but my main reason for doing so is trivial af. Elma kind of resembles one of my most wanted.

Close enough.

I played about 25 hours of Xenoblade CX on a completed file and never learned wtf I was doing during the battle sequences, but traversing the map and dawdling with the costumes was entertaining. My WiiU needs a new power cord, but I might pick up the game and create my own file if Elma got in Super Smash.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Happy 4th Western-release anniversary, Xenoblade X. Here's hoping the wind blows hard at TGA.

Night Gale; if you like Elma because she looks like T-Elos, then you might really like what you find out at the very end of the game

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Top Bottom