• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ellie & Chomp awaken in the World of Smash!

smash puffle

Smash Ace
ellieandchomp.png

What is Monster Tale?
Monster Tale is a Nintendo DS platformer and virtual pet game developed by DreamRift and published by Majesco in 2011. It was only released in North America.
Monster Tale starts as a little girl named Ellie awakens suddenly in a new world, the Monster World. Ellie quickly finds an upgrade to her bracelet that allows her to shoot projectiles. Soon after, Ellie finds an egg which contains a monster named Chomp. Chomp soon hatches and joins Ellie on her journey throughout the Monster World. Together, they stop the Kid-Kings to restore control of the Monster World back to the Monsters.

This is an obscure Metroidvania style game, a hidden gem, you would say. It is a charming litte game with some pretty interesting mechanics where your "pet" Chomp, can level up, use toys, and evolve into bigger and stronger forms. Ellie herself, the main protagonist has a surprising amount of moves and abilities she can perform herself. She can swing her shoulder bag in many different ways to defeat monsters, and has a magical bracelet that can shoot projectiles.​

How would they play in Smash?
Ellie's moveset could involve an interesting dynamic between her and Chomp, similar to Rosalina with Luma. Ellie's special moves would be connected to Chomps abilities. I'm not exactly sure how can his evolutions and different forms be implemented, but maybe Chomp can evolve the longer the battle lasts or something.

Now I know this is one of those impossible picks for DLC or any future Smash Bros game ever, but this is one of my favorite games on the DS (my favorite game system of all time), and I wanted to spread some awareness for this little game that deserves more love.

Support List:
smash puffle (me)
chocolatejr9

Thanks for reading! :upsidedown:

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I remember seeing this game in one of those preview videos they had on the Wii (I can't remember what it was called). However, I never saw it in stores, and so I actually started to think it was just my imagination.

However, Did You Know Gaming?'s spinoff show, Region Locked, did an episode on the game, and it gave me a glimpse of what I had missed out on.

I'll be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing them in Smash, even though I never played the game. Sign me up.

smash puffle

Smash Ace
Check out this mod of Smash Crusade, it has a LOT of characters, including Ellie!
She's a little bit unfinished (she doesn't have a voice), and her moveset isn't what I expected but it's neat nonetheless.

Last edited:
Top Bottom