• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elite Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twoby

Smash Rookie
Has anyone gotten high enough for Elite Smash?
If so, is it better than the terrible normal matchmaking?

Shuckle89

Smash Apprentice
Terrible normal matchmaking how? I went online, did a free for all. I then saw options for preference. After that I only had to do a few 1v1. Then I got elite, played a few (lost because apparantly most of them got there thanks to their insane lag), lost the elite thing but ever since Ive only been matched in 1v1, balanced stages no items kind of thing. Good matches too. Now im elite again.

1FC0

Smash Lord
Seems like you get it when your score is somewhere above a certain number that is close to 900,000. Obviously I have got it. Basically this is Nintendo's way of telling me what I already knew, and that is that I am the best.

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Lol congrats!

So how did you find out did you just suddenly have the option?

My roster GSP is 924565 atm

1FC0

Smash Lord
When I exited the Quick Match mode I got a notification that I unlocked it. Now there is a crown symbol by my Quick Matches option.

It seems to work per character GSP, not per roster GSP. You basically unlock it per character. E.g. I unlocked it only for Pokemon Trainer so if I go to Quick Match and select Pokemon Trainer then I get Elite Smash but if I select any other character then I get regular Smash.

However it seems that the games are the same as regular Smash, so I am not sure what the point of Elite Smash is.

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I'm guessing it'll be awhile before enough elite smashers are available before you're matched up with only elite users if that is indeed how it'll work.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
There's no point in talking about what the required GSP is for Elite Smash, it keeps growing every time because more people are getting the game and playing online. (Your GSP numbers also grow without you doing anything.)

It was something like 700k required the first time I got it, last night it was over 800k, it seems perhaps it's a higher number now.

Wolfirre

Smash Rookie
So from what i've understand, smash elite are ppl with the gsp score close to the best gsp ranked player?

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I'm trying to figure out what number I unlock it at. I'm at 850k but I'm sure that number needed to unlock Elite Smash will only continue to rise.

1FC0

Smash Lord
So from what i've understand, smash elite are ppl with the gsp score close to the best gsp ranked player?
All I know is that you need a high character GSP in order to get it. I do not know what they base their threshold on.

I'm trying to figure out what number I unlock it at. I'm at 850k but I'm sure that number needed to unlock Elite Smash will only continue to rise.
it is close to 910k now. I know because I am barely good enough to be in Elite Smash so I got kicked out and then got let back in again.

Last edited:

Xigger

Smash Lord
As a Smash Addict, I can affirm the the GSP for Elite Smash is constantly changing about a few hundred thousand per day now. And very quickly.

I remember getting into Elite Smash at ranges from 400k through 900k, and you can drop out and in Elite Smash, so you can see the numbers change in a matter of minutes.

By the way, the purpose of Elite Battles is to provide feedback for future gameplay balances. You can hear about it in the November Direct

Turtlicious

Smash Rookie
that being said, if you have to break a mil be very happy, because if you're above 800k you're in the top 40-20% most likely.

Xigger

Smash Lord
that being said, if you have to break a mil be very happy, because if you're above 800k you're in the top 40-20% most likely.
I can't wait until the community somehow finds out the rank percentage of Elite Smash. It's much more satisfying to say "top 5%" rather than "better than 1 million people"

"Bn"

Smash Cadet
Isle of Wight. It's in England by the way......
Wait, I just realized that when i'm in elite smash, I can only use one character and can't go back to just normal unless I go to the arena. Anyone else know why this is? I get that it's to showcase the character to the devs but I haven't picked a main yet and want to play as other characters. I guess i have to start throwing games and risk getting the ffa's to lower my GSP. Seems a bit backwards in my head......

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Wait, I just realized that when i'm in elite smash, I can only use one character and can't go back to just normal unless I go to the arena. Anyone else know why this is? I get that it's to showcase the character to the devs but I haven't picked a main yet and want to play as other characters. I guess i have to start throwing games and risk getting the ffa's to lower my GSP. Seems a bit backwards in my head......
Just try to pick another character, you'll get a message saying they aren't allowed for Elite yet, but you'll still be allowed back into normal quickplay afterwards.

Xigger

Smash Lord
Even though it's already been explained, it's still a terrible system. Greying out character slots makes it look like they can't be selected. They should have placed a ribbon on the character slot instead, just like Classic Mode and Mob Smash.

BBG_Wave

Smash Rookie
I got 950,000 GSP with roy and 1,000,000 Roster GSP. Like ive been waiting and nothing happening whats the deal. Im pretty good at roy.

Pyr

Smash Lord
I started unlocking Elite after 1,060,000 today. The requirement will likely increase as more players join.

Victor Trinh

Smash Rookie
So, I heard firstly that elite isn't that different than normal because they haven't sorted this whole ordeal out yet. Also, I'm at over 1 mil roster and 1 mil for like 6 or 7 different characters while my friend only has like 800k and is in while I'm over here not in. Am I doing something wrong?

HopeOfBlossom

Smash Rookie
ard firstly that elite isn't that different than normal because they haven't sorted this whole ordeal out yet. Also, I'm at over 1 mil roster and 1 mil for like 6 or 7 different characters while my friend only has like 800k and is in while I'm over here not in
Literally the same for me. I just got 1100000 GSP on Lucina yesterday. Global GSP across my roster is 1200000 GSP (9 characters are at 1million+). Still no elite smash and gotta deal with the 4 players games that doesn't give you any rewards if you win but make you loose a ton of GSP if you place 4th or third.
Never rage quitted. Never disconnected early. Always finished my matches. I do not get it nintendo é_è

Last edited:

Peachach

Smash Cadet
I got it after a few fights and somewhere around 930k GSP. I'm at 1.1M now.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Elite Smash allowing FFAs is nonsensical...they are using it for balance patches. FFAs requires no balance as it is naturally random.

Hopefully the patch fixes these issues.

1FC0

Smash Lord
So I was in Elite Smash and I was waiting for an opponent when I got a message that said something like this:
"We could not find an Elite player for you so we are putting you in a match against filthy casuals instead."
Those were not their exact words but it might have been just as well. How dare Nintendo match an Elite player such as myself against filthy casuals!?
I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO INSULTED IN MY LIFE

1FC0

Smash Lord
All the elites were in FFA item battles.
FFA battles in Elite are another insult. The fact that someone in Elite Smash would vote for a FFA match shows that Nintendo lets anyone become Elite these days. I long back to when filthy casuals were kept out of Elite Smash.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My GSP with Rosalina is 1,119,256 right now and I still haven't got it. Roster GSP is 1,194,277.

I don't really expect to get it, I played a grab bag of characters to get the "Play 30 characters in Quickplay" challenge and got thrown into a bunch of FFAs with characters I haven't even really played yet so those losses will likely hold my score back lol.

Last edited:

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Dont worry if you didnt get in Elite, its really nothing special.

FFA battles in Elite are another insult. The fact that someone in Elite Smash would vote for a FFA match shows that Nintendo lets anyone become Elite these days. I long back to when filthy casuals were kept out of Elite Smash.
Calm down lol play 1v1 with ur rl friends or make arena, its not like its an actual ranked system, no need to hate on casuals because Nintendo ****ed up. Dont be a nerd. Casual fun is just as important as competitive :)

Last edited:

Triforce Uchiha

Smash Rookie
Could someone please help me?
I'veh hadover 1 million GSP several times. I currently have 1.5 Million with a 65% Win Rate Online with Mii Gunner but I have yet to unlock Elite Smash. I keep winning and playing hoping it'll unlock but it doesn't. Then once in awhile I'll lose and they crush me. I once lost 290,000ish for one loss. Am I doing something wrong? It's very frustrating because I'm playing at a high level and winning but not being rewarded but when I lose I get crushed. Is it because I'm using Mii Gunner?

SS2000

Smash Apprentice
Is there a way to disable Elite Smash? I find it to be nothing more than a huge annoyance since I like to use a variety a characters. It's already bad enough that you can't change characters between matches, now with Elite Smash I'm suddenly stuck with the character I last used and can't use anybody else until I deliberately lose a few matches to get back to normal Smash.

This online system is so horrible... It's ironic that it feels like Brawl had the best online since you could selesct your preferred items and stages and get a 1/4 chance of getting them, then they took a step back in the next game by not letting you select stages and items at all, now it feels like thy took another step back by giving you even less options like the ability to select different characters between matches, and it restricts you to just one character just because you're good! I can't imagine it getting even worse than this... but won't be surprised if it actually somehow does. And to think they're wanting us to pay for this crap.

Triforce Uchiha

Smash Rookie
So I was in Elite Smash and I was waiting for an opponent when I got a message that said something like this:
"We could not find an Elite player for you so we are putting you in a match against filthy casuals instead."
Those were not their exact words but it might have been just as well. How dare Nintendo match an Elite player such as myself against filthy casuals!?
I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO INSULTED IN MY LIFE
You're an idiot.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Is there a way to disable Elite Smash? I find it to be nothing more than a huge annoyance since I like to use a variety a characters. It's already bad enough that you can't change characters between matches, now with Elite Smash I'm suddenly stuck with the character I last used and can't use anybody else until I deliberately lose a few matches to get back to normal Smash.

This online system is so horrible... It's ironic that it feels like Brawl had the best online since you could selesct your preferred items and stages and get a 1/4 chance of getting them, then they took a step back in the next game by not letting you select stages and items at all, now it feels like thy took another step back by giving you even less options like the ability to select different characters between matches, and it restricts you to just one character just because you're good! I can't imagine it getting even worse than this... but won't be surprised if it actually somehow does. And to think they're wanting us to pay for this crap.
You can pick any character when you select Elite Smash, you will just get a message saying that character isnt Elite level yet :) I thought I was stuck too for a bit.

Yeah I knew we were screwed when they said For Fun and For Glory were gone, too bad that was the only thing they've ever done right with online smash.

Last edited:

Ryou

Smash Rookie
I have 1M15 on Daisy and i did unlock it when i was like 1M05 (and instalost it after a loss and got it back after 1M1...).
A friend did unlock his Elite mode at 450 000 with ZSS apparently... So i guess it's all about winrate or something ?

I feel like it's such a bad system if it's all about winrate because it's easier to win against some ~200 000 GSP players than 1M1 GSP players...

So i have a question, is there a big difference of level between 450 000 elite and >1M elite ?

Last edited:

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
In case it hasn't been mentioned yet, let me clarify for those still wondering:

ELITE SMASH IS CHARACTER SPECIFIC. When you unlock Elite you are only elite with that ONE char, not just generally Elite. All other char will be greyed out (until you also become Elite with them too, of course).

Meaning, it will take a higher GSP score to achieve Elite on a character that is very commonly played than one that is not, because there are less players in the pool. For instance, you can probably get Elite with 900k on ROB because there's only like 12 ROB mains in the world lol. But for a char like Krool or Roy where everyone and their mom mains them, you're gonna need upwards of 1.1-1.2mil to be elite among them.

It took me almost 1.2mil to get elite with Chrom as a reference.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I've been wrestling back and forth in the 1 million range and it's so annoying that I'm often seeing Samus as my "best" character when I literally played and won one match with her and for some reason got tons of points for it.

Yet here I am grinding for ages with Rosalina and getting ping-ponged between 700,000 and 1,200,000.

Mingy Jongo

Smash Rookie
I don't think it's simply having a top percentile GSP per character -- there's gotta be some more complicated formula. I was able to make it with a couple characters early on but in the last few days I have 6 characters all around 1.1 million and feel like I'm never going to see it again. My highest is R.O.B at almost 1.2 mil and that's *still* not enough anymore, and I highly doubt that having 1.18 mil GSP with ROB today puts me in a lower percentile than having 750k with ROB five days ago, which got me in.

Last edited:

1FC0

Smash Lord
I made this topic but now suddenly it is called "Elite Smash?" even though mine was called "Elite Smash" and there are 2 posts before mine. Why was the "?" added to the title? Elite Smash is no mere legend it truly exists I can confirm that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom