• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elite 3.7 and up is BORING

Crosser

Smash Rookie
Anyone else regretting climbing this high and slamming into a wall of top tier stale moves?

The only thing up here is Inkling, Wolf, Lucina, Ness, Snake, Pichu, and Ike.

They all play the same, they all spam and I'm bored. A lot of characters need some big buffs to mix things up. I think I'm gonna switch it up to Anthem and Apex Legends for a while.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I encounter big bodies mainly, as well as Zelduh, wanna-be Pikachu, Piranha Plant, Samus/Dark Samus (I fought Tourian yesterday), Incineroid.

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
I dropped ness because hes too high tier and his whole playstyle starts with pk fire and only involves f-air, b-throw and b-air. Pk thunder is too good. Pk fire alone is pretty stupid and buffed for no reason. and his floaty gameplay is too safe for me. Its like you can zone with ness just from jumping. I knew he was too good since i first used him. And his heal mechanic is just icing on the cake. Ike is very braindead - neutral air to win, dumb huge hit-box that serves as a shield so its easy and safe to throw out (air) attacks. Wolf is braindead but not as braindead as ike- spam blaster , most generic and straight-forward moveset. His neutral is "so good" because its so simple , compared to brawl they nerfed the **** out of him, took away his pizazz and made him a true carboard-cut out of fox. Wolf is essentially just an easier to use fox/falco because both of them take considerably more skill and precesion. Lucina- a swordy need i say more? Inkling- roller is still a free kill and cant even be countered by a falcon kick. Snake- lmao, lolol, spam grenades and missels without throwing a single punch. Easiest high tier to gimp imo. Brawl snake was definitely better he never spammed this much.

Thats why arena matches is the way to go for 1v1s and quickplay should only be used for quick FFAs or quick 1v1s with any character thats not in elite. once u reach elite, youre basically done with that mode.

Last edited:

Perfect patricia

Smash Apprentice
Anyone else regretting climbing this high and slamming into a wall of top tier stale moves?

The only thing up here is Inkling, Wolf, Lucina, Ness, Snake, Pichu, and Ike.

They all play the same, they all spam and I'm bored. A lot of characters need some big buffs to mix things up. I think I'm gonna switch it up to Anthem and Apex Legends for a while.
I hate being up there because your preferred rules mean NOTHING. I main villager and issabelle and I want to play 4 players with items on but the game just assume I’m some try hard who wants to 1v1 for the rest of my life. They need to add separate 1v1 and 4 players I’m tired of going against top tiers and getting bodied it’s so not fun

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I fight some laggy players who spam, but for the most part I run into more skilled players who play smart and read your habits.

I couldn't say why we're having different experiences with it.

Nebunera

Smash Apprentice
It's just the worst online mode I have ever seen. They should've done For Glory with actual ranks where its not individual for each character.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I usually get m fighters to 3.7 mil then work on my other mains who I'm not elite with. I don't spend much time in elite anymore since the online is so garbage.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Must be regional matchmaking working against you, I fight a large variety of characters around that GSP range. In fact I got destroyed by a Pac Man today playing as Bowser. I had no idea whatsoever on how to fight that character.

If there’s one or two characters I run into more often than not, it’s Fox and Lucina. And a few extra Ganondorfs who cheesed their way up there and just try to go for disrespect.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Must be regional matchmaking working against you
You know what, that'd actually explain a lot.

I hear south California has a strong tournament scene. Living near the California border I probably get matched against players from there a lot. That'd explain why I keep running into strong players.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
I dropped ness because hes too high tier and his whole playstyle starts with pk fire and only involves f-air, b-throw and b-air. Pk thunder is too good. Pk fire alone is pretty stupid and buffed for no reason. and his floaty gameplay is too safe for me. Its like you can zone with ness just from jumping. I knew he was too good since i first used him. And his heal mechanic is just icing on the cake. Ike is very braindead - neutral air to win, dumb huge hit-box that serves as a shield so its easy and safe to throw out (air) attacks. Wolf is braindead but not as braindead as ike- spam blaster , most generic and straight-forward moveset. His neutral is "so good" because its so simple , compared to brawl they nerfed the **** out of him, took away his pizazz and made him a true carboard-cut out of fox. Wolf is essentially just an easier to use fox/falco because both of them take considerably more skill and precesion. Lucina- a swordy need i say more? Inkling- roller is still a free kill and cant even be countered by a falcon kick. Snake- lmao, lolol, spam grenades and missels without throwing a single punch. Easiest high tier to gimp imo. Brawl snake was definitely better he never spammed this much.

Thats why arena matches is the way to go for 1v1s and quickplay should only be used for quick FFAs or quick 1v1s with any character thats not in elite. once u reach elite, youre basically done with that mode.
You dropped Ness because he’s too good? Lmao

I’m not gonna drop a character who I’ve been playing for 10 years just because he’s a top 15-20 character right now. He’s not spammy if you play him right either

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
You dropped Ness because he’s too good? Lmao
Its funny that i dont like to use top tiers and want my wins to be satisfying? Lmao i guess.

Whats really funny is the idea of "playing a character right" if you win. If the tools are there then there to be used.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Its funny that i dont like to use top tiers and want my wins to be satisfying? Lmao i guess.

Whats really funny is the idea of "playing a character right" if you win. If the tools are there then there to be used.
I mean I use all of them I just don’t spam. And tiers don’t really matter unless you’re playing at the highest level and tourney play. Matchups are much more important

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
I mean I use all of them I just don’t spam. And tiers don’t really matter unless you’re playing at the highest level and tourney play. Matchups are much more important
****, you know whats even funnier, i never even mentioned spamming with ness so what are you even talking about, lol. Seems like you had a knee-jerk reaction about me accusing ness of being...high tier!?! Lmao.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
****, you know whats even funnier, i never even mentioned spamming with ness so what are you even talking about, lol. Seems like you had a knee-jerk reaction about me accusing ness of being...high tier!?! Lmao.
I mean he is but I just don’t get why it’s a reason not to use him. Never mind this doesn’t have to be an argument

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
I just don’t get why it’s a reason not to use him.
I already said it; i don't like to use high tier characters because of the unsatisfaction of winning and too many others that use them. Thats just me. Maybe its not meant to get.

DeKu Skrub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadixREBORN
3DS FC
1650-2649-2219
Switch FC
SW-1122-3127-2057
I already said it; i don't like to use high tier characters because of the unsatisfaction of winning and too many others that use them. Thats just me. Maybe its not meant to get.
Havent you been banned like twice now?

Rhus

We're going top speed!
Wolf is braindead but not as braindead as ike- spam blaster , most generic and straight-forward moveset. His neutral is "so good" because its so simple , compared to brawl they nerfed the **** out of him, took away his pizazz and made him a true carboard-cut out of fox. Wolf is essentially just an easier to use fox/falco because both of them take considerably more skill and precesion.
No, that is definitely objectively wrong.

Wolf's gameplan is air speed focused, controlling space with his blaster and pressuring with aerials that make use of his stellar air speed. He's got a good throw game and is a strong combo character, but lacks kill confirms.

Fox's gameplan is burst horizontal ground speed and burst vertical speed. His lasers force approaches very well but they don't control space, and as a consequence his neutral plays very very differently. Fox's enhanced speed means his gameplay is contingent on strong vortexes and chases.

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
I know for a fact that you are nowhere near good enough at this game for your character's placement on the tier list to matter, let alone as Ness

Just play who you enjoy playing

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
I know for a fact that you are nowhere near good enough at this game for your character's placement on the tier list to matter, let alone as Ness

Just play who you enjoy playing
That statement applies for all FGs i play. Anyway you wanna do a 1v1 arena match?

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
That statement applies for all FGs i play. Anyway you wanna do a 1v1 arena match?
The fact you took what I said as me saying "I am better than you git gud" just goes to show that you liiiiiterally have no idea what I just said

Believe it or not, I am also nowhere near good enough for tiers to be important save for very distant ends of the spectrum. Don't try to flex on me lmao you weird ass

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
The fact you took what I said as me saying "I am better than you git gud" just goes to show that you liiiiiterally have no idea what I just said

Believe it or not, I am also nowhere near good enough for tiers to be important save for very distant ends of the spectrum. Don't try to flex on me lmao you weird ***
I just wanted to play and you feel some type of way about it. I just asked a question, lol. I thought this was smashboards.

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
I just wanted to play and you feel some type of way about it. I just asked a question, lol. I thought this was smashboards.
If you actually just want to play then that's fine and I'm always down to play with people when I have time (my FC should be visible right here), but given the context of my previous message it looks strikingly like you're pulling a 1v1 rust on me

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
If you actually just want to play then that's fine and I'm always down to play with people when I have time (my FC should be visible right here), but given the context of my previous message it looks strikingly like you're pulling a 1v1 rust on me
It’s not even worth it dude. He’ll John or back out. Bet

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
That in itself would make it worth it tbh but I don't like playing out of malice because that's a huge waste of time. People that genuinely want to play are coo but if it's a 2 man salty suite I wouldn't participate

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
Lol u kinda did throw shade at me though in your first sentence, u said "u KNOW for a FACT" and "NOWHERE NEAR as good" but Ive played only few ppl on this site already so its not like im singling u out with a flex. Im about to add ur FC and we can pm/discord anytime for matches

Ive asked many ppl on this site for matches with only seanbean and t-donor66 accepting it. T-donnor asked on ur profile to play, u ever played with him?

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
Lol u kinda did throw shade at me though in your first sentence, u said "u KNOW for a FACT" and "NOWHERE NEAR as good" but Ive played only few ppl on this site already so its not like im singling u out with a flex. Im about to add ur FC and we can pm/discord anytime for matches
Okay that's fair but also it's still true because up until an actual tournament winning level of play the tiers aren't really all that important if you have the match-up experience and I am still salty about that one time you called plant OP lul

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Ive asked many ppl on this site for matches with only seanbean and t-donor66 accepting it. T-donnor asked on ur profile to play, u ever played with him?
I messaged him my FC and he never messaged me back. I’d play with him if he did. I’m done with this thread tho

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
Okay that's fair but also it's still true because up until an actual tournament winning level of play the tiers aren't really all that important if you have the match-up experience and I am still salty about that one time you called plant OP lul
I ***** a lot & get aggravated easily. I cant help it sometimes so, im sorry about that. I dont take a lot of things i say myself seriously, so..lol. Im about to send u a friend request anyway

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
That in itself would make it worth it tbh but I don't like playing out of malice because that's a huge waste of time. People that genuinely want to play are coo but if it's a 2 man salty suite I wouldn't participate
He’s actually not bad lol, we went back and forth on games a fair few times. It was all in good fun

Top Bottom