• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Electric cheering pokemon, Plusle and Minun possible?

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord

For those who don't know who plusle and minun are, they are the cheerleading pokemon from Ruby and Sapphire. I'm just going to start by saying I know that most people will argue that these two could easily be out of the running. But when I stopped to think about it, they seem logical. Remember, from the Pra_Mai data that was found (which COULD have been the japanese translations of these two, PRAsule and MAInun), they were (MOST LIKELY) initially planned for brawl, probably only cut due to lack of time. Then, in smash 4, Ice Climbers were cut due to the 3ds' limitations. This could also be the reason for why Plusle and Minun weren't even mentioned for smash 4. But considering the Switch (again, most likely) won't have these limitations, Plusle and Minun could definitely work for Smash Bros Switch. Also, Hoenn and Unova are the only regions not to receive reps as of smash 4. (Alola was not yet a thing). (This is mainly a theory, but who knows?) So yeah, what do you think about these two? Welcome addition or complete waste of space?

color swaps made by PichuThePokemon.

Supporters:
GoodGrief741
Wonks
smashkirby
Ben Holt
smash puffle
infomon
JadeBladeGamer22
Dyllybirdy

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Yes.

Yes.

Absolutely yes.

Why people want the latest flavor of the month starter over awesome characters with staying power like Plusle & Minun is beyond me.

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
I think it would be great to include them if they were, as speculation has it, part of the Forbidden 7.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I'd like to see a Pokemon rep from every generation, and a duo of Plusle and Minum would be an excellent Gen 3 rep.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
While I supported them in the Smash 4 days I feel doubtful about them now, because Blaziken, Gardevoir, and Sceptile all likely got more ballot entries, and they'd be too different to be an echo.

Top Bottom