• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EGL X - The Next Big Tourney (November 13th, Toronto)

Mr Bushido

Smash Ace
fb page: https://www.facebook.com/events/440203436168291/

Confirmed attendees:
- Bark Sanchez
- Dark Horse
- Fireblaster
- Pidgezero_one
- Revan
- Shears
- The Z
- Wizzrobe
- YBOMBB
- More Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal players

Players having expressed interest:
- SuPeRbOoMfAn
- KeroKeroppi
- Near (not sure if he was serious)

The bracket will feature a 1,000 CDN$ pot bonus if over 30 people register.
REGISTER HERE: http://eglx.ca/tickets/

Venue fee is 75 CDN$ which is like 10 USD lol

COME TO THIS **** YOU ****S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shears

Smash Master
Its was more like 50 USD but still pretty cheap.

Registration includes entry into every smash event. This will probably be like smash con except a lot cheaper and Canadian.

For anyone wondering, Canada is no longer on strike

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
This change in schedule was very unprofessional. I put my chips into this basket and was responsible about it by buying plane tickets early and got ****ed over for it.

Unless the event goes out of its way like SSC and (hopefully) Genesis 3 to make it a good event for SSB64, I seriously doubt I'll make plans to go to this in April or whenever. Enjoy your tournament Canada.

Shears

Smash Master
This change in schedule was very unprofessional. I put my chips into this basket and was responsible about it by buying plane tickets early and got ****ed over for it.

Unless the event goes out of its way like SSC and (hopefully) Genesis 3 to make it a good event for SSB64, I seriously doubt I'll make plans to go to this in April or whenever. Enjoy your tournament Canada.
Have you messaged the staff? They claim to have reimbursement options.

B Link

Smash Lord
It certainly was unprofessional, especially to do it so close to the actual event day. People scheduled flights and there honestly wasn't much public remorse from what I've seen. It doesn't matter that much if people get recompensed -- as an event organizer it was a rude and slap-in-the-face thing to do. First time I've seen something like this tbh

Shears

Smash Master
Yeah I wrote them with how unprofessional it was and how it was inexcusable. Their behavior makes me want to boycott EGLX but unfortunately my wish to grow and support the scene and return the favor of going to a Canada tournament as many of them have come to US tournaments is probably going to lead me to going to EGLX anyway.

Manaburn

Smash Rookie
A friend of mine & I are going to be attending this event. I'm trying to purchase tickets at the moment but the registration is down?
We're coming up from Northern ON.

Shears

Smash Master
A friend of mine & I are going to be attending this event. I'm trying to purchase tickets at the moment but the registration is down?
We're coming up from Northern ON.
Its been moved to April because the tournament organizers are greedy corporate pigs who neglect their fans in order to secure more celebrity status and sponsors.

Manaburn

Smash Rookie
Damn it! That's unfortunate. Luckily for me I don't live too far away from the event, so I will have more than enough time to practice my Smash 64 skills maybe even pick up Melee :p Anybody know when tickets will start being sold?

Last edited:

XLAX_OVERDOSAGE

Smash Apprentice
the FB page says 1100 people are going. Insane.

I'm undecided, mostly because of the 75$ venue fee. Canada Cup was 50$ venue fee and it was cramped, though being a mostly-FGC tourney. However, I've been to EGL which had 35$ venue fee, and there was plenty of space/setups.

Top Bottom