• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eggz' mario is back baby

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
DUDE you don't know how happy that makes me :) you're my smash hero! I hope to meet you at a tourney soon for some dittos! Will you be posting on these Mario boards? Because I'm buying dazzle today to record somE matches!

:phone:

Eggz

Smash Hero
Yeah I have the mario boards set as a pinned tab, so I'll be frequenting them again. :3 Not sure who all the new marios are lately, but itd be koo to find out ;3

I just realized my Fox isn't really anything special so the best way to get attention is with mario LOLLLL
plus ive been having a lot of fun with low/mid tiers lately, so mario falls into that. hes kind of a pimp.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
WOW REALLY!?! I'm so excited for this. I love watching the Uair'd blind. That was such a cool combo video. Can't wait to see your tourney results! ^_^

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
well all the old school marios are gone....... sadly

Marios
condemned: ive been here since you left actually
Melaf: is a rather new face...i want to see some of his vids....im still waiting
J3ly: doesnt main him but he lurks
Chival: is super cool so even though he doesnt main Mario he is still one of us
Blanky: is cool and is progressing as a mario....he will be awesome in no time at all
MarioMariox2: is cool I see him every once in a while and its funn to talk to him

People who play mario here and there
1der: i saw him recently and played him......sooooo fun
TomR: yo his mario is legit played hime at SMYM12
Mango: ...........................
Scyth: pretty cool dude wish we played more

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
lol im just happy people still play mario....the days where I had to double post to keep the mario boards alive should be behind us now.

oh and arookie shows his face every once and a while

strawhats

Smash Master
Im so glad Eggz has returned to playing mario. I actually was happy to see mango play mario for a while. Showed me that mario is still beast. I used to main mario back in the day, may just take the little guy out to play.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I'm doing **** you probably aren't doing. That is, I play Mario to be as gay as possible. You probably don't want to copy me unless you're trying to learn how to beat the ICs. =P

Jonas

Smash Champion
Yeah it's gonna be hard to impress people with Mario after Scorp wrecked ****

still, Eggz's Mario is pretty cool and he should upload some videos when he's got some :)

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
had a smashfest today and finally recorded with my new dazzle :). over 5 hours of footage though, so i gotta look through it to find the mario vids. will post soon for you guys!

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
i'm uploading my vids today :) i hope you can critique em Eggz!

Scorp's Mario was definitely beast, but Eggz' is much sexier

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Blanky, one thing I feel you could be doing better is punishing aerials more. You're running around plenty and attacking, but you aren't getting close enough to the danger to be able to punish well. If you let Sheik whiff, you should be f-smashing her, or grabbing. Same with spacies. If they approach predictably with aerials, dash dance grab them.

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
Blanky, one thing I feel you could be doing better is punishing aerials more. You're running around plenty and attacking, but you aren't getting close enough to the danger to be able to punish well. If you let Sheik whiff, you should be f-smashing her, or grabbing. Same with spacies. If they approach predictably with aerials, dash dance grab them.
thanks for the help man :) i'll keep that in mind next time i play! would it really work against good spacies though? i feel like a shine or jab after their aerial would disrupt a grab if they l-cancel consistently.

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
haha okay i trust you! i know one of my weaknesses is that im a little too defensive. i tend to just wait till i find an opening before i go in. so you're saying i should lessen the gap between the opponent and i so that it'll be easier to punish a whiffed aerial? i'll try it out dude! thanks for checking it out :) i appreciate the critique!

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
That's exactly what I'm saying. Watch how Marth players dash dance grab Foxes/Falcos/etc. It's the same with Mario, you just have to be a little more precise because of Mario's smaller grab range and slower dash.

Renth

Smash Hero
Eggz is a cutie.

Some day, I will actually play him instead of at pound 4 I just looked at him and didn't play him.

----i'm gay. --- not really.

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
That's exactly what I'm saying. Watch how Marth players dash dance grab Foxes/Falcos/etc. It's the same with Mario, you just have to be a little more precise because of Mario's smaller grab range and slower dash.
thank you so much :) very helpful!

and Eggz' Mario is a cutie. i, however, have not had the pleasure of laying my eyes on Eggz the human.

i am also straight.

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
Haha!

Eggz needs to post videos, like, now.
AGREED! worst part is we'll probably have to wait weeks....or even months....

</3

EDIT: Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 5 (5 members and 0 guests)
Blanky, Waxy, MetalMusicMan, Jeapie, Jimbo Slice
^bet they're excited for new Eggz vids too!

Eggz

Smash Hero
Big problem I've seen in all the Mario videos posted (that ive seen, aka the one below and one of n0ne's) :
You guys commit too much with your approaches. You should be using your quickest combo moves until you have a combo on lock, then freestyle from there. taps and taps and taps. nair isnt that good for approach, fair is pretty terrible for most approach situations (high risk high reward, you should omit risk when possible.)

Based on this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ht-ulEI3qXg

Only sweetspot the edge with your up-b; theres rarely a point in going all the way on the stage, particularly if youre extending the up-b. It has a ****in huge hitbox thatll **** anyone up if you know how to time placing it right.

Also use more bair as a poke, its super ****ing good. It has minimal lag, so if you land it you can follow up (turn around grab, turn around jab, turn around dsmash, etc.) or if its shielded you can dip out asap.

Don't jump predictably when uthrown. at lower percents you can nair before their uair comes out, so thats a good surprise attack instead of jumping away. I get punished to **** for jumping out now =[

when doing autocancel'd bairs, try to fade away with them instead of going in with them unless youre certain they'll connect. landed lcancel bairs are generally more versatile when trying to follow through

your only good smash attack is dsmash unless combo'd into, so be cautious about others. theres a situation for everything, obviously, but the situation for most smash attacks doesnt happen often.

spacies and sheik you can combo into kill moves easily out of dthrow. dthrow fsmash, dthrow usmash, dthrow utilt nair etc.

thats from 1:11 of watching the fox vid on FoD, i kinda gotta go now so ill just post this as is and check back later.

ending tips that arent relevant to anything specific :
Wavedash out of shield to punish lag is really ****ing good.

frame perfect ledge dash from the ledge *****

play low risk high reward

playing the tap game is most effective until you have a combo on lock, then just take them to dead town

I'll be recording some new vids this weekend at our monthly :3

heres a couple photos of me LOL

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Hai Shane!! =D

You need to play some league with me ASAP.

Also, my monkey vs your italian. Loser buys winner BROOOOLAAAAFFF!!!

Top Bottom