• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Eggselent"/"Puffdaddy"

ae304

Smash Rookie
This is pretty out of nowhere so I will be frank. The player who frequented this website under the handles in the title was my brother. He died last night. Some of you were his friends and I figured I would post on here, whether or not people care. If you don't believe me, **** off. Thats all I have to say. I won't go into detail.

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
dang no way that really really sucks holy ****

I was messaging him just last night, too. He wanted to play p2p but I was at a smashfest :c
He was one of my best e-friends

Last edited:

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
I'm not gonna pretend that we were best of friends but this is very sad. I send my condolences to you and the rest of his family.

B Link

Smash Lord
If this isn't some sick joke, then I also wish his family the best. We played often online, and he seemed like a really nice person. Very unfortunate.

Sedda

Smash Champion
My condolences. I had a pretty close moment with him a few months ago; deep conversation. Glad I was able to speak with him on a personal level.

M!nt

Smash Champion
What happened to him? You don't have to answer if you don't want to. We'll miss him, I hope you and your family are doing okay. Sorry for your loss :(

Shears

Smash Master
This is very sad, he was a great person to play and talk to online. We will all miss him. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
Dang, last I played him the games were really fun/close in 1v1 and in 2v2 when we teamed it was like he knew my passes before they happened, got 3 rest game finishers in 1 sitting. Sucks if truth, was a cool dude to play with/against and chat about whatever. GGS

Last edited:

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
this is really disheartening, i didn't know puffdaddy that well but i feel where most of the heartbreak comes for me is that we lost someone apart of our personal community, and i might have not known him much or talked to him much, but he was just as important as the rest of us

may he rest in peace, your family has my sincere condolences

Last edited:

kys

Smash Ace
It's always sad to lose a fellow smasher. Puff Daddy had a great attitude. Nothing can take away this pain, but I hope you find relief.

rainshifter

Smash Cadet
Our community is rather small. We all have our own lives and things to tend to on the outside. Some of us play anonymously but still enjoy a casual talk with others in the community.

Although I did not know Richard personally, I could sense he was intelligent and eager to contribute to a project to get a new engine rebuilt that could be vastly superior to what we use now (referring to the kaillera client, of course). Richard is one of the few people in the community who I felt comfortable sharing technical insights with, because our conversations had been both expansive and fruitful. And his Jigglypuff was always a fun and versatile opponent.

We all have our own lives ahead of us. We should not take this for granted. Smash is a game we all enjoy playing, at least to some extent. We do heckle each other quite a bit, which is fun and silly. But news like this is staggering and is hard for anyone to accept. My condolences go out to the family and friends of Richard, and to everyone else here, as we are all affected by this.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Holy hell. He was on skype chat talking with us all the time.

This is awful. Sorry for your loss. He was asking for games last night and I guess he never found anyone to play with.

If only one of us had played with him. =[[[[[[[[[[

bloodpeach

Smash Journeyman
I played with Rich in person only a couple of weeks ago. I guess our days of swapping programming jokes in the Skype chat are over.

He was a cool guy and had a lot of potential. While the loss is tough for us, I can't imagine how his family and friends at PSU feel right now. I hope of all of you find the strength to pull though.

UNKN{OWN}iXi

Smash Journeyman
This is pretty out of nowhere so I will be frank. The player who frequented this website under the handles in the title was my brother. He died last night. Some of you were his friends and I figured I would post on here, whether or not people care. If you don't believe me, **** off. Thats all I have to say. I won't go into detail.
Sorry for your loss, RIP.

Last edited:

yOLORIN

Smash Apprentice
Really sorry for your loss. Your brother was a good guy. Rest in peace Rich.

Mr Bushido

Smash Ace
I am extremely saddened by this loss. Although I have never personally met Richard, him and I would sometimes talk about both miscellaneous and serious matters on Skype. Of course I was aware of his consumption problems, and while I have encouraged him to change his habits, I cannot help but feel guilt for not having been able to foresee this. I am certain this feeling is reciprocated and without a doubt much harder to bear for all those who were closer to him. I hardly know any details about what happened last night but if I may, I humbly send my most sincere condolences to you, your family and everyone who knew Richard. May he rest in peace.

Last edited:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
what i was looking forward to most about zenith was staying with Rich and jamming in brooklyn. he was interested in seeing primus in new york or new jersey with me. he was eager, remarkably intelligent, and a kind hearted guy. when we went out for food after COA IV we were short on cash because someone forgot their wallet, and he offered to take on the charge. we all gave him the cash, of course, but i kept apologizing to him and trying to assure him that was a rarity and not the norm. he didn't care, just paid and was fine with it. for a bunch of people he'd been speaking to for a couple months, at most, and some of whom he had met for the first time that day.

Rich was an incredible guy. i know everyone offers their condolences. i send mine too. i'm so sorry.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
He talked about his drug use often and also mentioned various times that he was thinking about suicide. Me and other people in the chat would try to cheer him up or encourage him. I never thought this would happen. I just wish the last thing I said to him wasn't arguing and talking **** to him about the results of some damn smash match.

ae304

Smash Rookie
Thanks for all the kind words. He loved this game and this community. I grew up playing it with him, and I think I only managed to beat his puff a handful of times over the thousands of games we played. While he was a troll at times, he really loved you guys and talked about you all the time. I understand how real internet friends are. He probably told some of you things he never told his closest friends and family. Thanks to everyone who gave him support when he was down.

madrush21

Smash Journeyman
I only played Rich a few times but it was a pleasure to have met him online and a tragedy to see him go. RIP PuffDaddy

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
I still feel sad about this. Felt like I lost a genuine friend. We always had good conversations together and had fun times. I'm really sorry for the loss. RIP brother.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
I don't use Skype so I may not have really known Rich as well as some of the others, but the Rich I did know was hella chill. He went to one of the NJ smashfests and we played a ton of friendlies together; I even got a chance to play him in tourney. Like me, he was a bit of a troll on Smashboards. We would joke a lot together on here. He would always call my pika really gay and would make fun of me for "copping out" vs him in tourney, but despite his cruel words, I think we got along really well. I know that a bunch of strangers' posts on a video game forum could never begin to fill the whole left in one's heart after losing someone, but like others have said, know that there are a lot of people on here that cared about Rich and we are all very saddened by his passing. My heart goes out to you and your family.

ae304

Smash Rookie
A gathering to celebrate the life of Richard Bilger will be held at 1:00 PM on Saturday, April 12th at SCH Academy. The school is located at 500 West Willow Grove Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19118. Guests can meet in “The Exchange” in the main building on the Willow Grove Avenue Campus. Directions and a campus map can be found at www.sch.org. All are welcome.

In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to SCH Academy in memory of Richard Bilger at the above address.

ae304

Smash Rookie
I don't expect many or any of you to come due to distances. I just am extending the offer.

VVilde

Smash Cadet
I use to play against Puff Daddy online and he told me once that he thought the most beautiful music ever made was Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven. I think it would be appropriate for it to be played at his funeral.

Rest In Peace

Kabutox

Smash Apprentice
It has already been for over a year. Best belated wishes to the family and I hope you guys are going strong. I had a bunch to say but there's nothing I can say to ease the pain, even after all this time. Best wishes. I'm sorry.

Top Bottom