• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Egg Shenanigans

kib_bles

Smash Rookie
Hey all,

As someone who loves Banjo, projectiles, and gimmicks, it's been a blast messing around with the character so far and figuring out cool tricks. I thought I'd share what I've found so far, and hope you'll share as well!

Rear Egg Reversal (RER)
This is the simplest trick, but forms the foundation of following tricks. When you input Down+B, tilt the stick down and slightly away from the way you're facing. If done right, you'll shoot the egg out in your original direction of travel. This is most practical when used in air, and is good for quickly covering the edge with an egg.

Rear Egg Aerial Procurement (REAP)
This is the first extension of the previous trick. Run in a direction, jump (short or high), input a quick RER, then immediately hold the stick in the direction you were running. If done right, you can buffer/time an aerial such that you grab the egg. This is the most reliable way I have found so far to grab the egg and use it as an item, and you can hold onto it for quite a long time (relatively speaking).

Rear Egg Above Ledge (REAL)
This one is a specific application of the REAP which I found interesting.

You may have noticed that because of how Banjo's double-jumps work, it's a really bad idea to try and do a quick-drop-from-ledge + jump to get back on stage. It takes a long time, and you leave yourself very vulnerable.

You can get around this by dropping from the ledge, then performing a jumping REAP towards the stage at the same time. This is most easily done if you have a shoulder button bound to jump. If done right, you'll gain enough height from the move to get back on stage and cover it with an egg. I haven't messed around with this too much (I had to share), but it might be possible to grab the egg if an opponent doesn't get hit by it.

Let me know what you guys find! Banjo's such a fun character, and I think he's got more surprises that a lot of people are overlooking.

Last edited:

HenryXLII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HenryXLII
3DS FC
3153-3904-2933
This isn’t complex tech or anything, but I find Banjo can benefit from holding shield while holding a grenade egg just like Snake. Naturally it’s not as good since it requires some set up, but it’s a worthwhile option, especially for approach as Banjo is much faster than Snake.

Overall I love the Grenade Egg, and think it will be the most important part of high level Banjo play outside of smart Golden Feather management.

You can set up such dirty traps and improvise a ton of cool combos off of this move alone!

Top Bottom