• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Egg Dropping....(stupid technique that probably dosen't work)

dan smith

Smash Champion
Ok...this is more of an observation than a developed technique.

When Yoshi does his Eggthrow right after jumping, for some reason, he drops to the ground very qucikly. The game pushes him back down.

If you push left or right you can angle this movement....is there anyway you could use this to move forwards or backwards while SH Eggthrowing?

It reminded me of a downward airdodge when I started thinking about it...and obviously downward airdodging is a very good way of moving around.

It most likely is impossible to use effectively....eh? (I'm trying people...)

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yes, I've noticed this too. It happens when you press up for the egg throw, but don't press B fast enough. You start to double jump, and then cancel it almost instantly. It doesn't give you time to turn around like fumi's DJC'd attacks, but it gives you strange horizontal movement.

It could be useful, but I have yet to perfect the timing ;)

dan smith

Smash Champion
Little differences...

After playing Smash long enough you begin to realise that small details can make huge differences. I doubt this one will make a big splash...but it could help with minor position adjustments...if integrated well it could prove handy. Maybe save you 10% a match. That's worth it.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hmm, testing it out on a friend, I managed to dodge a couple of aerial attacks with this. But, its hard to hit the opponent with the egg after dodging the attack. And if you do, its 10% damage, and no real comboing ability after. I dunno, maybe it'll work better when you use it similar to a wavedash...

dan smith

Smash Champion
Functionallity

Yes...getting it to work and be effective, very hard.

I can ECancel my Egg Throws fairly easily...but it's hard to pay attention to the ECancelling and hit them with the egg.

I think using it for it's WD potential is the best option...and have the eggz as just an added bonus!

Zeldrew

Smash Cadet
We should all master this and use it in tournaments and scare everybody. If it really works then Dan could be a feared Yoshi player/genius or something. i wanna find my own move....

Dan should name the move with a better name that's less standardized, like how jiggly's aerials are called the wop instead of High priority aerial combos.

dan smith

Smash Champion
Hmmm...

Ok!

What was once called Egg Dashing is now called Egg Dropping...like Egg Drop soup, get it??

I am going to edit my post to change the name...

Zeldrew

Smash Cadet
Hehe. I need to try this move but I can't at my mom's house. but i'll try "Egg dropping" ASAP so's i can be like I know the guy who made that move! And he taught me so now I'm famous by association." or something. But i seriously need to make up my own move or combo. Then I can die happy.

if this move works the way i think it does, it could be used like on of Fumi's DJCed nairs to except it would counter with an egg while wding away. then you could "egg-drop" over and over and the dude behind you would get egg spammed and it might even fend off good dders. ooh.

I wish platform cancelling hadn't been discovered yet; my p-cancelled dair-uair combo pwnz. too bad it happens so seldom.

Hey wait, can one JC a B grab with Yoshi? No wait...you stop moving when you use it...but can it be ff'd? that would increase it's vertical range right? nah...****, I can't think very good. i need to be playing the game to make a new move. Although edge cancelling a bunch of dairs could be a move. if it's fast enough it could be an infinite combo. Of course, then there's the problem of if i'm fast enough....

Are any of my ideas logical?!?

dan smith

Smash Champion
Don't worry about it...

Don't try and invent a move...it's not a big deal. Only like 3 people so far know about Egg Dropping and if nobody ends up using it...it will simply fade away.

I am going to go practice it.

Straight

Smash Journeyman
haha... i thought i was the only one who knew about this. Guess not :(. i use it sometimes against slow opponents to gradually get closer to them if they like to camp or something. Where do you guys live, i wanna see your **** :cool:

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
*cough* censor dodging

Where do you guys live, i wanna see your ****
Well, I'm in Australia, so it's a bit hard for you to see my ****. :p However, we're looking into the whole capture card deal, so we'll be putting vids up soon.

(Plus, there's a big tourney coming up soon here too, so we'll see some good Aussie players on DC++ in the not to distant future.)

dan smith

Smash Champion
All over...

We usually go to Frisco...but I can travel around, whever. I have suffered long hours travelling long distances to place Smash.

Hopefully by summer I will have perfected Egg Dropping...

D

Deleted member

lol i guess when i work on my yoshi clips ill post a vid of what it looks like for you =)

it is always nice to have a vid when trying to explain or describe something =)

Top Bottom