• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eevee- The Cute Creature with Limitless Potential (Maybe next time)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Eevee
Eevee has always been a popular Pokemon, even breaking the trend of Pokemon not getting evolutions in the next gen any more that came in after Gen 4. Able to evolve into 8 (maybe more in future) different Pokemon that are all adorable in their own right. Furthermore, if counting spin-offs, Eevee is the most common starter Pokemon between all generations and is set to be Pikachu's ounterpart in the upcoming Pokemon games.

But you may ask, how can a basic level Eevee fight? You can't very well evolve and devolve it without breaking Pokemon canon and it didn't do much as Pokeball Pokemon in Smash 4.

Well I'm happy to say Gen 7 has given a solution in the form of it's exclusive Z-Move, Extreme Evoboost.

This move summons it's elders (anime does confirm that they're actually summoned, it's not just a visual effect) and they lend the little fuzzball their power. My idea, is to take a liberal interpretation of that move and have Eevee summon the others for Non-Standard attacks.

Moveset ideas

Standard Attacks
A combo: Eevee flicks it's ear forwards then headbutts.

Smash Attacks
Forward-Smash: Flareon Shoots a small column of fire forwards like a very short ranged PK Fire
Up-Smash: Jolteon sends a shock of electricity directly upward
Down-Smash: Vapereon surronds itself and Eevee with a whirlpool.

Special Attacks
B-Neutral: Last Resort
A move that depends on Eevee's Damage %. Lower than 100% it's comparable to level 1 Wario Waft but at high damage it's a powerful blast that has high knock back. It also suffers from stale move degradation more so than other attacks so can't just be thrown out.
B-Side: Shadow Ball
Eevee and a summoned Umbreon fire dark glowing orbs. Umbreons is larger but Eevee's has Samus Missile esque tracking properties.

Game Play Plan:
Pint Sized Summoner

Eevee is far from a powerful base form. But what it lacks in raw power it makes up fro in pure versatility. Eevee has an evolution that allows it to fill any role almost. However, evolving in the middle of the battlefield might be a bit awkward. As such, Eevee takes a separate approach: call on its big siblings to keep it safe! Use the other eeveelutions to keep yourself out of harms way, as you are small and not fully developed.

Stats
Weight: 2/10 (Light little guy, around Rosalina's)
Walk Speed: 6/10 (Around Duck Hunt's)
Run Speed: 8/10 (Around Diddy Kong's)
Air Speed: 8/10 (Around Mario's)
Jump Height: 6/10 (Around Sonic's)
Fall Speed: 8/10 (Around Pikachu's)
Size: A bit smaller than Duck Hunt
Crawl: Yes
Jumps: 2
Wall Jump: Yes
Wall Cling: No
Standard Attacks
Jab 1 - Eevee does a fast headbutt, a good get off me tool (4%)
F Tilt - Eevee summons Jolteon to launch a shock wave forward (6%)
Up Tilt - Eevee summons Vaporeon to create a Geyser wall of water (8%)
Down Tilt - Eevee summons Flareon to spit out some embers, good at poking shields (5%)
Dash Attack - Eevee does a rolling tackle (6%)
U Smash - Eevee Summons Jolteon to cast Shock Wave above it, hitting above Eevee's head and descending into the ground. Can be used as an edgeguard at the edge (11-16%)
F Smash - Eevee summons Flareon to charge forward to do a Flare Blitz. Flareon's tackle has good range, about the length of Toon Link's Forward Smash (12%-17%)
D Smash - Eevee summons Vaporeon to do a Whirlpool around them, has multiple hits (2-2-3-3-4 / 3-3-3-3-6%)
N Air - Eevee summons Leafeon to do a leaf tornado around them, one hit but covers all of Eevee (8%)
F Air - Eevee summons Leafeon to do a Leaf Blade in front of it, two hits total (5-5%)
B Air - Eevee summons Glaceon to use Blizzard, sending snow at the opponent, multi hit move (10% total)
U Air - Eevee summons Sylveon for a quick draining kiss, in which it jumps upwards. This move has a wind box pushing people into the hitbox via Sylveons ribbons. Deals 6%, heals Eevee 2%
D Air - Eevee summons Glaceon to drop an icicle below (7%)
Grabs and Throws
Grab - Espeon comes out to grab the opponent with ESP while Umbreon stands by
Pummel - Umbreon uses Bite, deals 2%
F Throw - Espeon flings the opponent forward 7%
B Throw - Espeon flings the opponent backwards (8%)
U Throw - Espeon has the opponent hover as Umbreon goes in for a flip kick (8%)
D Throw - Espeon sends oppoent's into the floor for Umbreon to tackle, two hits (4,5%)
Special Moves
Neutral B - Trump Card

Eevee summons a deck of cards that it throws at the opponent that explode into a card flurry upon inpact. This move does not stale upon repeated use. (9%)
Side B - Moonblast
Eevee summons Sylveon to come forward and unleash a Moonblast. This moonblast is large and can not be charged, but it does not deal that much damage. The main use of this move is to control space alongside your eeveelutions (7%)
Up B - Swift
Eevee surrounds itself in stars and jumps in two directions similar to quick attack. The stars arc to cover Eevee and attempt to hit the opponent. (8%)
Down B - Last Resort
Eevee surrounds itself in an evolutionary energy and tackles forward. This move is powered up by summoning each Eeveelution and hitting an opponent with the attack. It has constant knockback though, a decent killing move. Scales with Each eeveelution. Resets after each time Eevee has been KOed (Base 1% 1 - 2% 2-3% 3-5% 4-8% 5-13% 6-17% 7-20% 8-22%)
Final Smash - Extreme Eevoblast
Eevee summons all of its Eeveelutions together to grant it their strength, this move powers up Eevee to Evoblast Eevee, shimmering a rainbow color. Evoblast Eevee deals 1.3% the damage of Normal eevee, is faster than base eevee, has super armor on smash attacks and specials, and has Last Resort always at max power. Lasts about 15 seconds
Misc. Stuff
Taunt 1 - Eevee uses Baby Doll Eyes, attempting to look cute
Taunt 2 - Eevee uses Sand Attack, kicking sand forward to no avail
Taunt 3 - Eevee eats a berry. Restores 1%.

On Screen Appearance - Eevee comes out of a Pokeball

Victory 1 - All the Eeveelutions appear and Eevee Jumps out in front of them
Victory 2 - All the Eeveelutions are laying down with Eevee in the front taking a nap
Victory 3 - Eevee Trump Card and a flurry of cards appear on the screen.

Idle poses: Eevee prances around, eager to do its best.

Eevee - A game of chance.

I will just go right into its special moves. Basic moves will be all Eevee attacking, similar to Ivysaur.

Special moves will have random Eevee evos to help out aka helping hand

B - Fireball. In random, Vaporeon will use Water gun, Jolteon Thundershock, Flareon Ember, Leafeon Razor Leaf, Glaceon Ice Shard. Sylveon fairy wind.

Up B - Recovery move. Vaporeon waterfall, similar to Squirtle's. Jolteon quick attack, similar to Pikachu. Espeon telekinesis, similar to Mewtwo.

Side B - Charged tackle move. Flareon flame charge. Jolteon spark. Leafeon leaf blade. Glaceon Ice fang. Umbreon pursuit

Down B - Counter moves. Espeon confusion. Umbreon feint attack. Sylveon sweet kiss (makes you sleepy)

Final Smash - Extreme Evoboost. Same as Z move animation, but the beams unleashes into the stage instead of Eevee.

Eevee Moveset

Neutral A- Eevee swipes in front of her

Down Tilt- Sand Attack: Eevee throws out a small amount of sand around her that does slight damage

Side Tilt – Leaf Blade: Eevee summons Leafeon who uses leaf blade to cut anyone near her diagonally

Up Tilt- Quick Attack: Eevee does a quick small jump upwards, attacking with her head and paw

Dash- Surf: Eevee summons Vaporeon who uses surf, which allows Eevee to surf on a small area of water, hurting whoever she runs into

Nair- Eevee summons Leafeon, who protects Eevee with leaves around her, dealing slight damage.

Up, down, and side air- Swift: Eevee shoots out stars a short distance, hurting anyone the stars come in contact with

Down Smash- Discharge: Eevee summons Jolteon who then creates a barrier of electricity around Eevee. The duration last longer the longer you charge it.

Up Smash- Lava Plume: Eevee summons Flareon who then uses Fire Plume to attack anyone directly above it.

Side Smash- Moon Blast: Eevee summons Sylveon who uses Moon Blast to shoot a beam directly in front of her to damage others. Works kinda like Goku’s Kamehameha in SSF2, but shorter range.

Neutral Special- Ice Shard: Eevee summons Glaceon, who then uses Ice Shard, which throws weak shards of ice across the stage, which can go through enemies, hitting multiple opponents with one shard. Can be shot at the same pace as Falco’s blaster.

Up Special- Feint Attack: Eevee summons Umbreon, who uses Feint Attack, causing Eevee to disappear and then reappear a short distance away. Umbreon also attacks whoever is near him at the end of the attack.

Side Special- Future Sight: Eevee summons Espeon, who uses Future Sight on the opponent she’s facing. This causes the future sight to be sticked onto them. Whenever the user uses side B again, this will cause the future sight to attack, dealing a fair amount of damage and knockback.

Down Special- Acid Armor: Eevee summons Vaporeon who uses Acid Armor on Eevee, causing Eevee to be more resistant to attacks, taking less damage and knockback. This only last a few seconds, and must recharge after using it.

Final Smash- Extreme Evoboost: Eevee summons all of her evolutions, who give her an extremely high boost in her attacks damage and knockback, her speed, and make her temporarily invincible. Her summons also gain the attack boost.

Supporters

• Guybrush20X6 (Me)
  • smashkirby
  • Luminario
  • smash puffle
  • MetroLSD
  • NSSKG151
  • RouffWestie
  • TCT~Phantom
  • Bowserlick
  • Sage Of Ice
  • Carril
  • Kitty-chan
  • colder_than_ice
  • ZelousGamer
  • EpicElliot
  • Darkraid
  • Autumn ♫
  • Peridorito
  • Vingag
  • jaco!
  • Enzoul

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Was worried the supporter list would be me alone for all eternity for a while there.

I wonder if those rumors of a Gen 8 Eeveelution will bear fruit.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Was worried the supporter list would be me alone for all eternity for a while there.

I wonder if those rumors of a Gen 8 Eeveelution will bare fruit.
Hmm...you know, I'd tag some people. You know, get the word out. I'm...80%-85% sure Eevee had quite the amount of supporters pre-Smash 4, ESPECIALLY with Sylveon being a big marketing thing for Gen. 6 at the time.

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
Eevee's one of those iconic Pokemon that's essentially always relevant due to gaining Eeveelutions every couple of games. That also makes it highly unlikely to ever dull over time. I'd love to see them all in Smash.

I made a moveset for Pokemon Trainer that uses Eevee and the Eeveelutions to attack, but the basic concept of it can be used just for Eevee itself. Basically Eevee uses Baton Pass to summon a different Eeveelution to attack, like summoning Flareon for a fiery forward Smash, Espeon and Umbreon to orbit around Eevee for Nair, or Sylveon to lift Eevee with Fairy Wind for an up B, and the last summoned one changes what neutral B does.

MetroLSD

Smash Apprentice
Between "Pokemon Pikachu Go" rumor, the heavy marketing it's been receiving and Game Freak outright referring it it as the "secondary mascot of Pokemon", i rank Eevee chances in Smash at 89%. Hell, at this point i'd say Eevee has a better chance than any Gen 7 pokemon.

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
I could see it happen. Outside Gen 3 and 5 Eevee has always gotten a new evolution and in Gen 7's case an exclusive Z-move which Game Freak would definitely want Z-Moves showcased in the next smash iteration. I can see the OP's moveset idea of Eevee summoning it eeveelutions for its smash attacks and b-specials which it does through its Extreme Evoboost. Eevee can be a literal example of utilizing a Z-Move for battle.

In any case, I support Eevee for Smash.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
I really want to see this happen now. Eevee's never even crossed my mind as a potential newcomer I'd want to see, but thinking about how its evolution mechanic could be translated into Smash makes it seem more interesting. I'd prefer him to whatever Gen 7 rep they could add, just because I actually recognize it.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I really like the idea of Eevee as a summon based character, consider me a supporter. I just do not think the timing matches up well for Eevee but if it does thats cool.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Eevee could play like a permanent Shulk.

Your playstyle (delivering damage, taking damage, evasion) could result in three separate enhanced clones (Flareon, Vapereon, Jolteon) that you evolve into per stock.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
What is this thing about Pikachu and Eevee games for the Switch?

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
I think Eevee is a lot more likely now.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Trailer idea:

After the reveal of the Next Pokemon games, it looks like they're getting a CG trailer, with Pikachu and Eevee fighting against each other but then...

Darknes
Soft light
Eevee stares
Zoom in on eye

smashkirby

Smash Hero
So I'm NOT the only one who has taken notice of the massive push in promotion Eevee's been getting in the last few months?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So I'm NOT the only one who has taken notice of the massive push in promotion Eevee's been getting in the last few months?
It did fuel the speculation of a new Eeveelution for a while.

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
This thread existed nya? I shouldn't be surprised considering it's Eevee, but I am anyways nya. Nyot the pokemon I wanya see the most in smash, but Eevee would easily be my second most wanted Pokemon nya. I nyalways had an evolved Eevee in all of my teams for each game, and I'm nyalways excited at the possibility of there being a nyu Eeveeulion nyappearing everytime a nyu gen comes nya. And it's fluffing cute nya. I'll support, though I'm not much.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Thanks to the rumor/leak and the z-move and can summon its evolution forms for attacks

Count me in for support

I see it as potential

But reminder though the roster for smash switch was decided in 2016

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
This leak has me inspired, gonna make up a moveset for the little guy.

Game Play Plan:
Pint Sized Summoner
Eevee is far from a powerful base form. But what it lacks in raw power it makes up fro in pure versatility. Eevee has an evolution that allows it to fill any role almost. However, evolving in the middle of the battlefield might be a bit awkward. As such, Eevee takes a separate approach: call on its big siblings to keep it safe! Use the other eeveelutions to keep yourself out of harms way, as you are small and not fully developed.

Stats
Weight: 2/10 (Light little guy, around Rosalina's)
Walk Speed: 6/10 (Around Duck Hunt's)
Run Speed: 8/10 (Around Diddy Kong's)
Air Speed: 8/10 (Around Mario's)
Jump Height: 6/10 (Around Sonic's)
Fall Speed: 8/10 (Around Pikachu's)
Size: A bit smaller than Duck Hunt
Crawl: Yes
Jumps: 2
Wall Jump: Yes
Wall Cling: No
Standard Attacks
Jab 1 - Eevee does a fast headbutt, a good get off me tool (4%)
F Tilt - Eevee summons Jolteon to launch a shock wave forward (6%)
Up Tilt - Eevee summons Vaporeon to create a Geyser wall of water (8%)
Down Tilt - Eevee summons Flareon to spit out some embers, good at poking shields (5%)
Dash Attack - Eevee does a rolling tackle (6%)
U Smash - Eevee Summons Jolteon to cast Shock Wave above it, hitting above Eevee's head and descending into the ground. Can be used as an edgeguard at the edge (11-16%)
F Smash - Eevee summons Flareon to charge forward to do a Flare Blitz. Flareon's tackle has good range, about the length of Toon Link's Forward Smash (12%-17%)
D Smash - Eevee summons Vaporeon to do a Whirlpool around them, has multiple hits (2-2-3-3-4 / 3-3-3-3-6%)
N Air - Eevee summons Leafeon to do a leaf tornado around them, one hit but covers all of Eevee (8%)
F Air - Eevee summons Leafeon to do a Leaf Blade in front of it, two hits total (5-5%)
B Air - Eevee summons Glaceon to use Blizzard, sending snow at the opponent, multi hit move (10% total)
U Air - Eevee summons Sylveon for a quick draining kiss, in which it jumps upwards. This move has a wind box pushing people into the hitbox via Sylveons ribbons. Deals 6%, heals Eevee 2%
D Air - Eevee summons Glaceon to drop an icicle below (7%)
Grabs and Throws
Grab - Espeon comes out to grab the opponent with ESP while Umbreon stands by
Pummel - Umbreon uses Bite, deals 2%
F Throw - Espeon flings the opponent forward 7%
B Throw - Espeon flings the opponent backwards (8%)
U Throw - Espeon has the opponent hover as Umbreon goes in for a flip kick (8%)
D Throw - Espeon sends oppoent's into the floor for Umbreon to tackle, two hits (4,5%)
Special Moves
Neutral B - Trump Card

Eevee summons a deck of cards that it throws at the opponent that explode into a card flurry upon inpact. This move does not stale upon repeated use. (9%)
Side B - Moonblast
Eevee summons Sylveon to come forward and unleash a Moonblast. This moonblast is large and can not be charged, but it does not deal that much damage. The main use of this move is to control space alongside your eeveelutions (7%)
Up B - Swift
Eevee surrounds itself in stars and jumps in two directions similar to quick attack. The stars arc to cover Eevee and attempt to hit the opponent. (8%)
Down B - Last Resort
Eevee surrounds itself in an evolutionary energy and tackles forward. This move is powered up by summoning each Eeveelution and hitting an opponent with the attack. It has constant knockback though, a decent killing move. Scales with Each eeveelution. Resets after each time Eevee has been KOed (Base 1% 1 - 2% 2-3% 3-5% 4-8% 5-13% 6-17% 7-20% 8-22%)
Final Smash - Extreme Eevoblast
Eevee summons all of its Eeveelutions together to grant it their strength, this move powers up Eevee to Evoblast Eevee, shimmering a rainbow color. Evoblast Eevee deals 1.3% the damage of Normal eevee, is faster than base eevee, has super armor on smash attacks and specials, and has Last Resort always at max power. Lasts about 15 seconds
Misc. Stuff
Taunt 1 - Eevee uses Baby Doll Eyes, attempting to look cute
Taunt 2 - Eevee uses Sand Attack, kicking sand forward to no avail
Taunt 3 - Eevee eats a berry. Restores 1%.

On Screen Appearance - Eevee comes out of a Pokeball

Victory 1 - All the Eeveelutions appear and Eevee Jumps out in front of them
Victory 2 - All the Eeveelutions are laying down with Eevee in the front taking a nap
Victory 3 - Eevee Trump Card and a flurry of cards appear on the screen.

Idle poses: Eevee prances around, eager to do its best.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I was thinking the Eeveelutions as reskins of Eevee akin to bowser jr. and the Koopalings.
But unlike that they all have very different abilities visually. Like it would be weird for a Flareon to fight the same as a Vaporeon or a Sylveon. Also the body shapes for each are a bit different.

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
with the leaks looking realer & realer I say eevee has a good chance of getting in

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
To play Devil's Advocate, while things look good for Eevee, this by no means garuntees it. For all we know we get one Pokemon again and it's a Gen 7 one.

But if Eevee's getting an official promotion to secondary mascot (sorry Jigglypuff and Meowth) then it would make sense for it to get promotion in Smash.

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
if they remove jiggs I no buy! she to fun to play as & meowth would be great to add him & his alola form could play different & if the leaks are right about new games taking inspiration from yellow then meowth played a big roll in that game.

so with the havy push for gen 1 pokemon I could see Pikachu Jiggs Charizard mewtwo squirle & ivysaur coming back as well as eevee & meowth with his alola form be possible not saying it will happen but possible with would suck if people are already sick of gen 1 poke in smash (I don't think any other characters will be cut tho hopefully)

majorasmaskfan

Smash Journeyman
Jiggly puff will remain I just hope they change her neutral B to moonblast as a projectile or some other fairy move.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think the best way to go in designing Eevee is using Jolteon (no tail) as the base.

Flareon and Vaporeon would use the same animations with stat adjustments.
The specials could either be variations as well or different.
Eevee would be a weaker version.

But in practice, you would start as Eevee and then turn into one of the three. (Either picking the one you want at the character select screen or by full-filling requirements in battle, which I think would be more fun, but tournament people would hate).

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
I wouldn't mind seeing a solo acting Eevee tbh nya. ... Eevee doing all these summons makes me think it'll be like a persona/stand user nya~:nifty: Shoot me.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I like Eevee having an experience bar. Once the bar is full, her down B turns into Evolve. You can select a Fire, Electric or Water symbol to choose your transformation.

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
I like Eevee having an experience bar. Once the bar is full, her down B turns into Evolve. You can select a Fire, Electric or Water symbol to choose your transformation.
It's a good idea. The thing is though (and maybe nyu nyalready nyo this, in which case nya), in canon Eevee requires a water, thunder, or fire stone to evolve into either a Vaporeon, Jolteon, or Flareon nya. Maybe this wouldn't matter of course, since when has Link ever jumped by button before BoTW nya? And the rocs cape...

Perhaps ironically, Eevee can evolve into every other Eeveelution (with some conditions of course) by leveling up nya.

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
I fell like if eevee gets in it will use the moves it learns from leveling up like sakurai did for most of the other pokemon in smash (Pikachu still has skull bash right?) so as of sun moon eevee's level up moveset is Covet, Helping Hand, Growl Tackle, Tail Whip, Sand Attack, Baby-Doll Eyes, Quick Attack, Bite, Swift, Refresh, Take Down, Charm, Baton Pass, Double-Edge, Last Resort, & Trump Card.

& I'm sure a few TM moves like Shadow Ball will be used since eevee is seen using that move a lot & of course maybe a few egg moves could be used as well like say Fake Tears as a taunt maybe?

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
You know what? I've always liked Eevee but didn't think it had a chance till now. Count me as a Supporter.

I bet if Eevee got in its' Final Smash would be line Megaman's

I will also say that it is kind of funny how much of Gen 1 is getting representation. (not that I mind :p) However, It'd be nice for another Gen 2 (that isn't Pichu). Maybe Pokemon Trainer?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Not only is Eevee the star of it's own version, it gets customisation options too!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well id says it entirely possible that game freak asked sakurai to put eevee in the new smash to promote lets go

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Interesting thing, the starter Eevee in Let's go Eevee doesn't evolve.

I'm guessing it's got some unique gimmick to help it stand out or else defeating Brock's gonna take a while as Eevee learns bite at 17. (least it's not as bad as Pikachu)

Wonder if that'll feature in a Smash moveset.

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Interesting thing, the starter Eevee in Let's go Eevee doesn't evolve.

I'm guessing it's got some unique gimmick to help it stand out or else defeating Brock's gonna take a while as Eevee learns bite at 17. (least it's not as bad as Pikachu)

Wonder if that'll feature in a Smash moveset.
Theoretically, they might’ve changed what Pokémon spawn in each area, so you might have an opportunity to catch a Grass type before you get there.
But yeah, I wonder if there’ll be some kind of gimmick, like, something to do with the bond between the player and the starter.
Or perhaps they’ll just underlevel Brock to compensate for the lack of being able to get something effective against him...

If there is a gimmick like that, it could be interesting in Smash, although of course that’s way too close in timing for the base roster unless Pokémon was really forceful about it years back.
(There’s still also the possibility that they’re just going to copy paste the Eevee summon from Smash 4, dooming it from the start. Theoretically, it could be both playable and a summon, which is something that happened in Pokken via Croagunk, but there’s no indication that Smash works that way.)

Top Bottom