• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eevee- The Cute Creature with Limitless Potential (Maybe next time)

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
Well with Pokémon Let's Go Eevee Announced & Eevee being a popular Pokémon in general & these games are promoting Pokémon Go as well GF stand to make A LOT OF $ as well as merchandise too !
I'd say its a safe bet GF would want eevee to be in smash alongside Pikachu (& I'd say gen one pokemon are also safe from being cut maybe Squirtle & ivysaure come back or pokemon trainer returns?)

I'd also say Eevee & Pikachu may even get some cool alts since they can be dressed up in pokemon lets go

LET"S GO EEVEE ! :D

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
Eevee's chances for Smash are looking more likely now since Gamefreak came out and said in a recent Q&A that they consider Eevee as a secondary mascot and seen it's popularity rise over the years. Whether they realized that before the roster for Smash Switch was finalized or not though is unknown though.

Interesting thing, the starter Eevee in Let's go Eevee doesn't evolve.

I'm guessing it's got some unique gimmick to help it stand out or else defeating Brock's gonna take a while as Eevee learns bite at 17. (least it's not as bad as Pikachu)

Wonder if that'll feature in a Smash moveset.
I'm assuming they will let you catch a Mankey on Route 22 like in Yellow and I think in Firered/Leafgreen as well. Also, in Yellow the Nidorans could learn Double Kick at an earlier level. Maybe a grass or water pokemon will be available on an earlier route as well. I think the Lets Go trailer showed a Bulbasaur on Lv.9 against a bug catcher. Bulbasaur, Charamander and Squirtle will have to be available somewhere since they are not the starters this time.

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
Eevee's chances of getting into smash are looking brighter nya~ If we get the Eevee that summons eeveelutions, I hope they'll all wear matching hats nya! :nifty:

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I think Eevee and Decidueye will be the newcomers for Smash. I made a moveset of how Eevee can work.

Eevee - A game of chance.

I will just go right into its special moves. Basic moves will be all Eevee attacking, similar to Ivysaur.

Special moves will have random Eevee evos to help out aka helping hand

B - Fireball. In random, Vaporeon will use Water gun, Jolteon Thundershock, Flareon Ember, Leafeon Razor Leaf, Glaceon Ice Shard. Sylveon fairy wind.

Up B - Recovery move. Vaporeon waterfall, similar to Squirtle's. Jolteon quick attack, similar to Pikachu. Espeon telekinesis, similar to Mewtwo.

Side B - Charged tackle move. Flareon flame charge. Jolteon spark. Leafeon leaf blade. Glaceon Ice fang. Umbreon pursuit

Down B - Counter moves. Espeon confusion. Umbreon feint attack. Sylveon sweet kiss (makes you sleepy)

Final Smash - Extreme Evoboost. Same as Z move animation, but the beams unleashes into the stage instead of Eevee.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think Eevee and Decidueye will be the newcomers for Smash. I made a moveset of how Eevee can work.

Eevee - A game of chance.

I will just go right into its special moves. Basic moves will be all Eevee attacking, similar to Ivysaur.

Special moves will have random Eevee evos to help out aka helping hand

B - Fireball. In random, Vaporeon will use Water gun, Jolteon Thundershock, Flareon Ember, Leafeon Razor Leaf, Glaceon Ice Shard. Sylveon fairy wind.

Up B - Recovery move. Vaporeon waterfall, similar to Squirtle's. Jolteon quick attack, similar to Pikachu. Espeon telekinesis, similar to Mewtwo.

Side B - Charged tackle move. Flareon flame charge. Jolteon spark. Leafeon leaf blade. Glaceon Ice fang. Umbreon pursuit

Down B - Counter moves. Espeon confusion. Umbreon feint attack. Sylveon sweet kiss (makes you sleepy)

Final Smash - Extreme Evoboost. Same as Z move animation, but the beams unleashes into the stage instead of Eevee.
I think the randomness should b swapped for doing each attack in sequence, like Captain Ginyu does when summoning the Ginyu Force Members in Dragon Ball FighterZ

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Oh! I made a moveset for Eevee if you all want to see!

Eevee Moveset

Neutral A- Eevee swipes in front of her

Down Tilt- Sand Attack: Eevee throws out a small amount of sand around her that does slight damage

Side Tilt – Leaf Blade: Eevee summons Leafeon who uses leaf blade to cut anyone near her diagonally

Up Tilt- Quick Attack: Eevee does a quick small jump upwards, attacking with her head and paw

Dash- Surf: Eevee summons Vaporeon who uses surf, which allows Eevee to surf on a small area of water, hurting whoever she runs into

Nair- Eevee summons Leafeon, who protects Eevee with leaves around her, dealing slight damage.

Up, down, and side air- Swift: Eevee shoots out stars a short distance, hurting anyone the stars come in contact with

Down Smash- Discharge: Eevee summons Jolteon who then creates a barrier of electricity around Eevee. The duration last longer the longer you charge it.

Up Smash- Lava Plume: Eevee summons Flareon who then uses Fire Plume to attack anyone directly above it.

Side Smash- Moon Blast: Eevee summons Sylveon who uses Moon Blast to shoot a beam directly in front of her to damage others. Works kinda like Goku’s Kamehameha in SSF2, but shorter range.

Neutral Special- Ice Shard: Eevee summons Glaceon, who then uses Ice Shard, which throws weak shards of ice across the stage, which can go through enemies, hitting multiple opponents with one shard. Can be shot at the same pace as Falco’s blaster.

Up Special- Feint Attack: Eevee summons Umbreon, who uses Feint Attack, causing Eevee to disappear and then reappear a short distance away. Umbreon also attacks whoever is near him at the end of the attack.

Side Special- Future Sight: Eevee summons Espeon, who uses Future Sight on the opponent she’s facing. This causes the future sight to be sticked onto them. Whenever the user uses side B again, this will cause the future sight to attack, dealing a fair amount of damage and knockback.

Down Special- Acid Armor: Eevee summons Vaporeon who uses Acid Armor on Eevee, causing Eevee to be more resistant to attacks, taking less damage and knockback. This only last a few seconds, and must recharge after using it.

Final Smash- Extreme Evoboost: Eevee summons all of her evolutions, who give her an extremely high boost in her attacks damage and knockback, her speed, and make her temporarily invincible. Her summons also gain the attack boost.

Peridorito

Smash Journeyman
I didn't think Eevee was likely before but with the announcement of Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee I think there's a chance Game Freak asked Sakurai to include it in the game. I don't think Eevee is a lock or anything like that but it has an actual chance. As a huge Pokémon nerd I would be happy with any new Pokémon characters so you can count me as a supporter.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Honestly, while I'm skeptical of her inclusion, I've always thought that Eevee should've been the series's mascot.

Out of every pokemon she exemplifies the ideal of growing and becoming whatever you want to be.

She's cuter and fluffier I think at least.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Updated the OP with more movesets and supporters. Lemme know if you want me to add your name.

Even if Eevee doesn't get in it'll be important info for future internet archaeologists.

Vingag

Smash Apprentice
I think with Let's Go Eevee, the moveset potential, and the fact that Eevee has been gradually growing in importance in Smash games (from just a trophy in Melee to a Pokeball in Smash 4), I'd say Eevee has a good chance at making it.
Count me in!

jaco!

Smash Rookie
I've always wanted Eevee in Smash. But I never thought it was possible prior to the reveal of Let's Go Eevee!... Now, I think it could actually happen! The summoning type moveset would be an amazing and creative opportunity to create a totally unique playstyle and include tons of extremely popular Pokemon from several generations. It would represent evolution, which is obviously a huge part of Pokemon. It'd advertise the new games, it's a fan favorite, and it's their self proclaimed 'secondary mascot'. Eevee just makes too much sense! Count me as a supporter.

Enzoul

Smash Rookie
Eevee is now shown as Pokemon's second mascot, alongside Pikachu, Eevee was already a popular Pokemon. Furthermore, through a summoning mechanic which would be completely unique to Smash, it would represent evolution. And timing isn't really a problem since Pokemon X and Y released in 2013, coinciding with the release of Smash in 2014 just before ORAS, another Gen 6 game so, unfortunately for Decidueye fans, I think Eevee has more chances now.
Count me as a supporter too.

smash puffle

Smash Ace
So it's been confirmed that Eevee returns as a Poké Ball summon in the new game.
A bit of a shame... maybe next time?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
A shame to be sure.

Maybe one day.

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
I could see Eevee's A-A-A attack being either Headbutts or similar to Diddy Kongs. I support!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well, I made a thread for eevee in smash, but since this one exists already, I'm posting it here now:

Eevee (and all its eeveelutions) for Smash

This can be (especially) theory crafting for how the character and its evolutions could be included. It can be or inspire a model. It may be farfetched for Ultimate at this time, but still has potential in general, or for a next game, or how about just playing with the ideas for fun even.
Though with the new pokemon game coming (Pokemon Let's go Eevee), eevee has more reason than ever to be in smash as playable.

How can the evolution pokemon be in smash with all its forms? Easy, by making its evolutions into transformations (like clone characters with slight differences for their specialized stats). Its development time would be sped up by making good use of what's programmed into the initial unevolved form and then just adding a % difference for attributes (dmg, speed, etc) on evolutions.
An idea for how eevee can evolve could be to choose an evolution stone (or triggers) at some point, either before battle, when the battle starts, or during battle. During battle could include a Trainer on the field, either as an event, or in the background like Pokemon Trainer. (Eevee trainer in this case). Another idea for 'during battle' is that it could take a little bit of battling before the stone takes effect (either in general or by actually fighting, etc). Then the pokemon it turns into would remain on the field as the evolved form.

Each evolution could play like eevee yet have a uniform bigger model (they could all have the same hitboxes, while eevee would have smaller ones), and there's the opportunity to make them as unique as time allows, and ideally they have their specialized stats (for speed, atk, etc), and Eevee could have something too, maybe in his b-attacks, to compensate for having less. The B-Specials could have any number of them unique to each evolution, depending on design time possible. It could be as simple as adding 1 to 5 unique attacks, and the rest can be the same as eevee. It could also be re-using some of the elemental attacks from other characters. In example, Flareon could have a more toned down version of flare blitz and Flame thrower. (And those are moves you could see on it, including flame thrower since it has decent special attack) But in general there's potential for more unique moves too.

To explain more how their stats (inspired by the stats they have in pokemon games) could easily be implemented in smash brothers, it's possible to have 3 stats that are some % higher, associated with their strengths. In example, Vaporeon isn't fast, it's bulky and specially strong, so it could be slower than the evolutions that have more speed, but take less damage and knockback because its defenses are good. The change in their stats in smash doesn't have to be by a big margin, depending on however much is deemed a good amount to be viable as well as balanced, but I think it's safe to chance a decent % in order to have variety between them.

If it takes this route and each stat is related to one in smash, Higher Attack could mean higher Damage of attacks, while higher Special Attack could be knockback. This would make it interesting(!) and easily determined across the board, A-attacks could most likely be considered physical attacks by pokemon standards, which is why I'm suggesting to change knockback for the special side of stats. Defense and Special Defense could be for how much it resists damage and knockback.
So, in example, Vaporeon would deal lower damage (than the physical attackers), but have higher knockback and be strong (defensive) against damage as well as knockback (maybe we can call that knockback defense rather than 'special'--just to be clearer for smash) , Flareon would have high damage and knockback but not be fast like the speedy evolutions, and would take less knock back but take more damage (because its Defense isn't good like its Special Defense). HP could matter for both def and Kockback defense (K-Def) {maybe weight, which is kinda related to defense against knockback}.

Here's a list for which stats are higher for each eeveelution, inspired by their actual stats in pokemon. [For simplicity I'm only putting their strengths, in order of their strongest to lowest (in case that would matter)]
Stats in this model:
'Speed' is movement speed (don't know if attack speed should be changed), Attack increases damage given, Defense decreases damage taken, 'Sp.Atk' means Kockback on attacks increase, 'Sp.Def' is Knockback taken decreases, & 'HP' is Defense+Knockback-Def {or/& weight}

Vaporeon - HP, Sp.Atk, Def
Jolteon - Speed, Sp.Atk, Sp.Def
Flareon - Atk, Sp.Def, Sp.Atk
Espeon - Sp.Atk, Speed, Sp.Def
Umbreon - Sp.Def, Def, HP
Leafeon - Def, Atk, Speed
Glaceon - Sp.Atk, Def, Sp.Def
Sylveon - Sp.Def, Sp.Atk, HP

Each eeveelution would be unique in how they feel thanks to a % amount of stat-change for each strength they'd have, and still be similar enough in other regards, such as hitboxes and moveset(with possibility to add as many uniqe emoves as time permits) to make them easy to implement.

That's the end of the model, at least the start of one. There's lots left to think about, plenty of space to imagine how it could play and what moves it could have. There's other models possible too.
I hope that this at the very least inpsires imagination as to making this character a possibility, both for people to wonder about, as well as potentially influence game developpers--who knows anything is possible.

Thanks for dropping by, and feel free to share your ideas for any of this, or beyond.
Let's go eevee, in smash!

Additions:

1- More on evolving in battle: There could be a special move for eevee that's similar to Shulk's monado, but once you select one, it takes a little time or battling for the evolution to happen, and when it does it has a little field around, to allow the transformation. Another alternative could be to press certain buttons during taunts, to allow eevee to have all its b-moves. Or both ( like Espeon, Umbreon, and Sylveon could have the special ways to come about). You could change your mind about the evolution and change, but the timer to evolve or whatever would restart if you do.
2- Eevee, unevolved, could be somewhat balanced as a character, even if a little weaker than its evolutions, making it viable to use it by itself. It's an option anyway. In terms of story, we could say that its 'Adaptability' (an ability it has in games) makes it somewhat strong, Eviolite (an item in games) makes it somewhat tough, and then it has speed investment to make it all around balanced.
3- Each evolution could have an element to their attacks, like squirtle and pikachu, which would look cool and could justify a better hitbox zone.

Last edited:

Lisbon Mapping

Smash Apprentice
I'd love Eevee to get in if it was like the Pokemon Adventures manga and it could change between evolutions and back again at will instantly. I'm not a big fan of the summoning idea, though

WombatPandaa

Smash Rookie
Thanks to Guybrush for pointing me towards this thread! (It used to be it's own thread because I'm still a smash boards nub.) Here's my concept for Eevee! I know some people might not like it because it uses Eeveelutions, but I personally hope that Eevee will not be placed in Smash alone because I'd hate to see him get an uninspired tail-head-smackity-smack moveset (because let's be honest, Eevee is cool because he's the Evolution Pokemon).
OP:
I've been meaning to post this for forever, but kept telling myself I would look into the damage percentages more to flesh it out. Maybe I will do that eventually, but as of now that probably won't happen. My hope is that by posting this in-depth character concept that I spent weeks working on that Nintendo may notice the awesome potential Eevee has as a fighter in Smash.

Eevee's most noticeable attribute is its Eeveelution transformations. In this Eevee theorycrafting build, I wanted to avoid the traditional approach of assigning down special to a boring and strategically useless transformation move. Instead, smash attacks and specials will each cause Eevee to switch to a certain specific Eeveelution form until a different smash attack or special is used.

Moveset*
Jab Combo — whack, whack, headbutt (2%, 3%, 5%) [slight upwards knockback]
Side Tilt — lunges forward w/ claws and rake downwards (13%) [medium 60* knockback]
Up Tilt — double kicks w/ front paws up into the air above Eevee’s head (6%, 8%) [no knockback]
Down Tilt — sand-attack; stirs up sand w/ tail (sand bombardment causes sub-1% increments of damage for ~1 second until 7%, tail tip causes 5% damage and trips, tail body causes 3% damage) [no knockback]

Side Smash — *Vaporeon* aqua tail; slaps ground in front of Vaporeon with tail, causing small twister proportionate to charge (impact with tailfin causes 13%, impact with tail’s body causes 5%, impact with twister causes stacking 3%) [high knockback, kill potential; sour spot short bop upwards ~1 Pichu; and flinching]
Up Smash — *Jolteon* pin needle; bristles fur and shoots several spines up into the air at an 80* angle above Jolteon’s body over the area of a 20* arc (each spine causes 6% damage to a maximum of 32% fully charged) [knockback scales exponentially with charge from very low to immense]
Down Smash — *Glaceon* ice beam; charges for a few frames and fires a short beam into the ground in front of Glaceon’s feet; has significant DI and can be maneuvered to a 30* all the way to an 80* angle in front of Glaceon (damages in several ticks, each causing 3% until ~15%, then roots (normal root) enemy in place; this can be DI’d out of) [no knockback unless used on already frozen target; on already frozen target, low knockback]

Neutral Special — *Flareon* fire spin; charges for up to 4.5 seconds, then unleashes a twister of fire that grows in size and duration according to charge duration on a 1:1.5:2 scale {1 second charge = 1.5 second duration and 2 Flareon lengths’ size} (touching twister’s rings causes 6%, staying within twister’s body causes stacking 3%) [little knockback, almost a trip; no knockback or flinch whatsoever]
Side Special — *Umbreon* pursuit; leaps forward, disappears, then reappears when special button is released to execute a powerful bite (18%, does double damage to shields) [enormous kill potential]
Up Special — *Leafeon* leaf tornado; spins and encases itself in a cyclone of leaves, branches, and other plant matter, gaining upward momentum akin to Wario’s Waft ability; at the end of the tornado, Leafeon kicks at a ~185* angle if any enemies were caught in the ability’s wake (~%1.5 per second in cyclone’s body, %1 for any hits by debris on the side, %12 for final kick) [flinching, flinching, medium knockback with kill potential at above 100%]
Down Special — *Sylveon* charm; shows off its cuteness and fragility, partially blocking any attacks with its ribbons (Sylveon takes roughly 1/3 of countered abiliies’ damage); any enemies that attacked Sylveon during this ability’s duration are stunned for a short duration proportionate to the damage countered {exists to punish overextending and to create a counter with risk that isn’t just punishable ending lag}

Neutral Aerial — Eevee curls up in a ball and spins, then unravels (%6) [flinching]
Forward Aerial — double slap (kinda); boxes the air with one paw, then the other (5%, 7%) [flinching, light knockback]
Back Aerial — iron tail; swings iron-clad tail in an downwards arc (15%) [top sourspot causes flinching; middle of arc causes medium knockback; bottom sweetspot has light meteor]
Up Aerial — double kick; twists around, punching the air above Eevee once with one forward paw per rotation (8%, 9%) [flinching, medium knockback w/ kill potential at high percentages]
Down Aerial — pound (kinda); twists and slaps the air beneath Eevee (16%) [enormous meteor smash] {miniscule hitbox}

Grab** — rhythmically bobs head forward, telekinetically reaching for enemies in front of Espeon {while holding an enemy, Espeon stays sitting down, looking for all the world like a cat only mildly amused by the struggle going on around it, and only stirs herself to action when throwing an enemy}
Pummel — slams captive enemy on the ground (5-6% per slam) {Espeon moves her head, specifically her eyes, to move the captive enemy}
Forward Throw — turns head back and forceably pushes captive enemy with kinetic energy (13%) [decent knockback, relatively fixed] {eyes and forehead gem glow to indicate the force put behind this and each throw}
Back Throw — calmly turns the front of her body to face the other direction, letting her head drag behind, then jerking it forward to build up momentum, flings the captive enemy out in front of her, giving them a push like the forward throw (2% from drag, 13% from the push like before) [better knockback than the first that scales a bit more with damage]
Up Throw — bobs head, and thus the captive opponent, down to the ground, then flings them up into the air (16%) [low knockback]
Down Throw — slams enemy into the ground and fires a ~1.75 second psybeam into them, then daintly tosses them away in front of her

{Eevee’s grabs are meant to be more of zoning tools than killing moves.}

Taunts***
Down — frolics about chasing an insect (bug Pokemon?)
Side — bares teeth and raises haunches like a cat
Up — bounces up and down, crying “Ivui, ivui!!” {gotta have that adorabedes factor}

*Jab, tilts, and aerials are all Eevee’s base damage percentages and knockback, which are modified slightly per Eeveelution
**Grab, pummel, and throws all activate and maintain Espeon transformation, which acts as all the other Eeveelution transformations, lingering after the throw to modify stats until another Eeveelution is activated.
***Taunts could automate a shift to Eevee, which would give them more of a risk and thus more of a burn when executed properly (as players will rarely want to stay in bare Eevee form for long), or could change slightly based on Eeveelution; e.g. Espeon would prance fashionably rather than frolicking (down), and stretch out leisurely while yawning out, “Pee —on” instead of being cute

Brainstorming Eeveelution backstage numbers
Umbreon
  • Reference “Inner Focus” hidden ability by having high weight and some abilities with invincibility frames
  • Stats indicate that Umbreon should be a heavyweight, tanky character (like Melee/Brawl Bowser)
  • All moves could deal slightly increased damage to shields, or deal Shadow damage; or perhaps gain additional knockback and damage if Umbreon and the opponent are within a threshold of similar damage percent (referencing Synchronize)

Eevee
  • Could reference Adaptibility’s STAB increase by simply increasing Eevee’s damage output to by slightly above what would otherwise be average, but a baseline change to the very base seems counter-intuitive, so I might just ignore Adaptibility for now.
  • Run Away could be referenced with a higher-than-average air mobility and run speed
  • Anticipation could be referenced with a higher-than-average shield health, or by Eevee gaining extra shield health or invincibility frames on shield breakage; or by a tiny base knockback modifier
  • Stats indicate that Eevee is painfully average, but this could be worked around using one or more of the above tweaks, to make Eevee situationally useful, as opposed to being simply the “bad version” of the character

Vaporeon
  • Stats indicate that Vaporean should be a somewhat slow, high-damaging, floaty-ish middleweight (kinda like Mewtwo, but slower and harder to kill)
  • Water Absorb and Hydration abilities will be hard to emulate in Smash, but perhaps an effect like Vaporeon self-healing a small fraction of its own potential damage as health for every move that involves water could capture their effect.

Jolteon
  • Volt Absorb could maybe grant self-healing on electric attacks like Vaporeon for Water Absorb, but that seems redundant and overpowered.
  • Stats indicate that Jolteon should be relatively easy to kill, but very fast with decent enough damage. Of course this will have to be modified for balancing in Smash, but for now I am imagining Jolteon to be in the same general archetype as Zero Suit Samus, Sheik, and Bayonetta.

Espeon
  • Synchronize and Magic Mirror at first appear to be effectively useless in the Smash backdrop (copying stun, burn, etc. Espeon’s opponent would be hugely overpowered)

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm excited to look through the move set ideas.

Mine has always been that Eevee has the ability to become any of his evolutions, though each stage offers different options as to which of them are available in the game.
You start as eevee with a base moveset, and the moveset remains laregly unchanged after an evolution, short of a few little switch ups. A projectile attack from Eevee will become a variant elemental attack with different properties, for example.
Each Eeveelution, however, has not only different battle traits, but also one unique mechanic (minor). Vaporeon with swimming, or Flareon with heat proof, etc.
However, once you evolve, that is it for the game (or possibly just the until you die, if that balances better).
This offers the idea that you have many potential options, but once you switch, you must commit!

I dont want Eevee to just be a regular Pokemon, I want Eevee to represent the paramount part of Pokemon that we dont get represented- the fun of evolution, and the strategy behind it.

EDIT: Regarding the ideas in the main thread, I'm not super thrilled. Mostly, I dont think Eevee has any business summoning other characters- if we did not get that with trainer, save it for a series better represented with "summoning" in mind. Or give it to Team Rocket, fighting dirty and using Pokemon summons to fight, since summoning would make sense for Pokemon as a series, just not Eevee... Eevee is about Evolution, and I think his moveset should reflect that.
But honestly, any Eevee inclusion would be good for me.

Last edited:

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Honestly, while I'm skeptical of her inclusion, I've always thought that Eevee should've been the series's mascot.

Out of every pokemon she exemplifies the ideal of growing and becoming whatever you want to be.

She's cuter and fluffier I think at least.
You, ow what that sounds like it would of been the better idea for the show as well.

Instead of the wondering if or if not to use the thunderstone on Pika, he would have a choice of three stones.

You also could of made the youngest of the eleven brothers the main character and have his brothers and friends arguing on what he should evolve his eevee be a main plot starter on why wants to take on the league with his normal non evolved eevee

Edit if you want to make it darker have his ever be an escaped experiment Pokémon or a gift from his dad an ex team rocket member like vee in the comics have way through the show his others powers eevee shouldn’t have in that forum start showing up

Last edited:
I've become a big eevee supporter, enough that I remade my account just so I could support it.

Now while eevee's confirmed as a smash ball pokemon I would like to say this:

1. I staunchly support them for future games, however long that takes, and I want to build up support for them. With big names like Ridley and Krool confirmed and Banjo and Isaac likely in, a new era of highly requested characters is going to spawn on the horizon, joined most probably with the likes of Waluigi, I want eevee to be in that new wave of support, as pokemon secondary mascot, and as the best way to represent much of what pokemon is

2. Waluigis already gotten a lot of talk for dlc about how they could work. In the face of the general public I think it's reasonable to say Waluigi is the biggest want in smash, their the character your hearing mention on in just general video game podcasts and that nintendo has responded too. With such requests I think it's reasonable to say theirs going to be a good hard look at how yo make waluigi work with dlc, and any way that works for waluigi will work for eevee as well, making them a valid dlc option.

Finally one thing I want to note, since disscussion here seemed to end before the reveal happened is that in let's go eevee, eevee gets some new moves. Eevee's whole concept is that it evolves but in let's go eevee it can't evolve either, and these moves seem to be game freaks solution.

If the issue in smash is that eevee can't evolve without breaking certain rules of the games to be a dynamic character, then the answer is, rather simply they don't need to evolve, cause here's an official way to represent the evolutions designed specifically to represent that part of eevee in a game we're they can't evolve.

I suggest thus that eevee's moveset should be based on using moves inspired by the moves the eeveelution might use, but without evolving. If you want to make sure the eeveelutions are referenced a little more directly, I think it'd be easy, cool, cute, and fun if while eevee uses attacks inspired by different eeveelutions it gains cosmetic elements based on them out of energy (likely energy similar to the "evolution energy" we see used in various situations in the games) such as sylveons Ribbons when it uses a sylveons move or flareons neck coat and little flame tuft when it uses a flareon one.

This could be used in a multitude of ways. There's a lot of moveset here and there all really interesting, but this might help clean up how eevee works, such as instead of summoning, just gaining these aesteyic elements temporarily for the attack, or instead of shifting stances like shulk, gaining them for longer periods.

I want to do a bit more research into the exact moves eeveelutions learn to make a good moveset with real basis in these ideas. But I'll get to that soon

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It's heartening to see Eevee still has so much support, even if Eevee is stuck as a Pokeball.

Still... It's not like there's only one Eevee in the world.

Exactly! You can have 2 pikachus fight each other, or even two Mario's (and that one doesn't even make canonical sense) so why does it really matter. Besides. It's not like eevee appears all the time, it's part of an item that spawns 20+ things. Why not just make eevee not appear in poke balls when that being played

Last edited:
Here's a visual example of what I'm describing with the "evolution energy" using a couple of my favourite eeveelutions:

These little elements could appear during attacks referencing said eeveelution easily. Speaking of whitch, here's the moveset i've been working on:

B: Tri Attack - Eevee releases an elemental projectile attack, the element of this cycle (and the relevant eeveelution) cycles through Fire(flareon), Ice(glaceon), and then electricity(jolteon). Fire deals more damage, Ice freezes enemies for a small moment, and electricity deals more knockback.

Side-B: Water Gun- Using the powers of Vaporeon Eevee can use water gun to push opponents in a similar way to Marios down-b.

Up-B: Psychic - Using the powers of Espeon Eevee psychically moves itself in a direction of its choosing. The movement can be changed slightly as eevee moves, but is rather slow. It goes a long distance, but deals no damage.

Down-B: Feint Attack - Using the powers of Umbreon, Eevee disappears, reappearing in about a second and attacks the nearest opponent in range. Doesn't deal much damage, and acts best as an approuch option or even part of a recovery.

Shield: Eevee uses Light Screen alah Sylveon

Jabs: Eevee uses Leaf Blade from Leafeon to attack in succession.

Grab: Eevee bites the opponent grabbing onto them.
Pummel: Eevee uses Giga Drain alah Leafeon to drain the opponents life force (maybe actually healing a small bit, maybe not)
Up-Throw: Eevee uses Lava Plume alah Flareon to attack the opponent as their forced upwards
Side-Throw: Eevee uses Water Pulse alah Vaporeon to force the enemy sideways
Down-Throw: Eevee uses Discharge alah Jolteon to electrocute the enemy as their being thrown to the ground.

Up-Smash: Eevee uses Ice Shard alah Glaceon to shoot a large series of ice shards into the air, dealing a large amount of knockback on hit
Side-Smash: Eevee calls on the power of Umbreon to use assurance, calling hands that will clap on targets that fall into it once the smash is released (doing a lot of damage but little knockback)
Down-Smash: Eevee uses Moonbeam alah Sylveon to create a beam of light from above them that if it hits the target deals a large amount of damage and knockback.

I'd try and figure out some taunts, tilts, and arials, but in technically supposed to be working, lol

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Here's a visual example of what I'm describing with the "evolution energy" using a couple of my favourite eeveelutions:

These little elements could appear during attacks referencing said eeveelution easily. Speaking of whitch, here's the moveset i've been working on:

B: Tri Attack - Eevee releases an elemental projectile attack, the element of this cycle (and the relevant eeveelution) cycles through Fire(flareon), Ice(glaceon), and then electricity(jolteon). Fire deals more damage, Ice freezes enemies for a small moment, and electricity deals more knockback.

Side-B: Water Gun- Using the powers of Vaporeon Eevee can use water gun to push opponents in a similar way to Marios down-b.

Up-B: Psychic - Using the powers of Espeon Eevee psychically moves itself in a direction of its choosing. The movement can be changed slightly as eevee moves, but is rather slow. It goes a long distance, but deals no damage.

Down-B: Feint Attack - Using the powers of Umbreon, Eevee disappears, reappearing in about a second and attacks the nearest opponent in range. Doesn't deal much damage, and acts best as an approuch option or even part of a recovery.

Shield: Eevee uses Light Screen alah Sylveon

Jabs: Eevee uses Leaf Blade from Leafeon to attack in succession.

Grab: Eevee bites the opponent grabbing onto them.
Pummel: Eevee uses Giga Drain alah Leafeon to drain the opponents life force (maybe actually healing a small bit, maybe not)
Up-Throw: Eevee uses Lava Plume alah Flareon to attack the opponent as their forced upwards
Side-Throw: Eevee uses Water Pulse alah Vaporeon to force the enemy sideways
Down-Throw: Eevee uses Discharge alah Jolteon to electrocute the enemy as their being thrown to the ground.

Up-Smash: Eevee uses Ice Shard alah Glaceon to shoot a large series of ice shards into the air, dealing a large amount of knockback on hit
Side-Smash: Eevee calls on the power of Umbreon to use assurance, calling hands that will clap on targets that fall into it once the smash is released (doing a lot of damage but little knockback)
Down-Smash: Eevee uses Moonbeam alah Sylveon to create a beam of light from above them that if it hits the target deals a large amount of damage and knockback.

I'd try and figure out some taunts, tilts, and arials, but in technically supposed to be working, lol
Nice.

Pokemon Let's go went a bit of the way to give Eevee more to work with, albeit only it's Kanto evos, by giving it three moves with silly names: Bouncy Bubble, Buzzy Buzz and Sizzly Slide.

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
So, just a thought but after playing through most of Let's Go I started to reimagine what Eevee's moveset would be if it was playable in Smash. I used to think that Eevee's moveset would revolve around summoning its evolutions for its smash attacks and special moves but thanks to Let's Go Eevee got new exclusive moves based around its evolutions that he can do himself now instead. I could see the Smash devs incorporating these exclusive attack into a moveset if they really wanted to. Eevee's final smash would probably either be its Z-Move from Sun/Moon or VeeVee Volley from Let's Go (which acts like a Z-Move and is exclusive to Eevee).

It's probably just wishful thinking to me but I kind of hope that Let's Go gives Eevee that extra exposure it might need to give it a better chance to be playable in Smash either through Ultimate's DLC or the next installment in Smash 6. Yes, I think Eevee could still become playable through DLC despite being a pokeball assist because I feel Pokémon is one of those series that could get away with having a Pokémon be an assist and playable. Unlike other franchises multiple species of the same Pokémon exist in the same universe (plus Let's Go tries to make a big deal of the starter Eevee being 'special' or 'different' from the others of its kind).

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So, just a thought but after playing through most of Let's Go I started to reimagine what Eevee's moveset would be if it was playable in Smash. I used to think that Eevee's moveset would revolve around summoning its evolutions for its smash attacks and special moves but thanks to Let's Go Eevee got new exclusive moves based around its evolutions that he can do himself now instead. I could see the Smash devs incorporating these exclusive attack into a moveset if they really wanted to. Eevee's final smash would probably either be its Z-Move from Sun/Moon or VeeVee Volley from Let's Go (which acts like a Z-Move and is exclusive to Eevee).

It's probably just wishful thinking to me but I kind of hope that Let's Go gives Eevee that extra exposure it might need to give it a better chance to be playable in Smash either through Ultimate's DLC or the next installment in Smash 6. Yes, I think Eevee could still become playable through DLC despite being a pokeball assist because I feel Pokémon is one of those series that could get away with having a Pokémon be an assist and playable. Unlike other franchises multiple species of the same Pokémon exist in the same universe (plus Let's Go tries to make a big deal of the starter Eevee being 'special' or 'different' from the others of its kind).
Thought I'd mention, there's a new thread, specially for partner Eevee.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Besides being like Waluigi where it's way too goddamn popular to be stuck in some character-summoning item, I feel like Eevee's Poke Ball ability is too plain. Gogoat also uses Take Down, so it's not like Poke Balls would lose a move if Eevee got promoted, and Gogoat showcases what that Pokemon is better by being rideable.

As a fighter, what Eevee should have is something similar to Monado Arts except permanent and only being based on its first three so it's not overwhelming.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
As brilliant as I think my idea above actually is (being able to transform into different evolutions based on the stage/circumstances, varying by match type, and only once per life), I realize this would essentially require a different echo version of Eevee for each evolution to be programmed into his moveset.
Maybe it would be done, but I cannot say for sure.
Certainly would be thorough treatment of a character.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Hey all, I'm new here but I have a possible idea! What if Eevee were to play as base Eevee, but have an EXP bar - which, when filled, allows you to use Down-B to evolve into any of the Eeveelutions (monado style, maybe with the type symbols) until you lose a stock, then get returned to Eevee?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I want to keep discussion alive for Pokemon that aren't just Gen 8 promos, so here's something cute:
Should be noted that the kid twice her age was a 21-time winner, while she was just a rookie.

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
I like Eevee for her evolutions. I feel like that's what makes her Eevee.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
With the lack of activity in this thread, no one's been able to bring up the Gigantamax form. So, what would you think about G-Max Cuddle being it Final Smash, and how would you implement it? Something like Beast Ganon? The new version of Giga Bowser?

Top Bottom