• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eekum Bokum! The Shaman That Knows Many Spells and Tricks! The Mumbo Jumbo Support Thread!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
: Eekum Bokum! Welcome to Mumbo's Hut of support! If you want to come be Mumbo's apprentice, come here instead of being a minion of that nasty old hag!

INTRODUCTION

I am Mumbo! The best shaman in all of Spiral Mountain and Isle O' Hags!

Me better shaman than Humba Wumba! She wannabe shaman! Mumbo's the real deal!

I am friend of bear and bird! Have helped them throughout their journey through Kazooie and Tooie! Mumbo wants to fight alongside them again someday in Smash!

Mumbo master of many spells of all kinds! Especially ones of transformations!

SPECIALS AND FINAL SMASH

Up Special be Mumbo's magic floating him up to safety!

Neutral Special be Mumbo charging up staff into a powerful blast! Mumbo Tokens pop up on the screen as Mumbo charges up!

Side Special be Mumbo temporarily stunning the opponent for a good second or 2 with my staff just like I do in Tooie!

Down Special be Mumbo creating a spell to not be effected by poison or other certs of elements! Think of it as a mix of the oxygen spell I created for bear and bird at Jolly Roger's Lagoon and Ness's Down Special!

Mumbo's Final Smash would be me summoning the Golden Goliath!

APPRENTICES' MOVESET IDEAS

If you have a moveset idea better than Mumbo's, put it here!

Jolumas has a brilliant idea for a great Mumbo moveset that would be clever to implement! Moveset involving Mumbo transforming into bear and bird's transformations in Kazooie! Might not have ownership of Tooie's transformations since that is Humba's spells!

Mechanic: Mumbo has a skull counter next to his icon. As the battle progresses, he can collect skulls, which appear raneomly like items and allow him to use his special moves, at the cost of varying quantities of skulls.

Down B: Mumbo falls asleep for a set period of time, healing damage.

Neutral B: Mumbo warms up for a time, with a field appearing in front of him. The length of time B is held determines what the field does. Any one ally or opponent in the field after he finishes his animation will be temporarily immobilized on an empty charge. The second stage of charging heals the ally/opponent. The third stage buffs all statistics of the ally/opponent, and strengthens their shield. The fourth stage debuffs all of the statistics of his target, and weakens their shield. This move is a blessing and a curse, and consumes a number skulls depending on charge, so time it well and use it wisely!

POTENTIAL STAGES

Mumbo has Mumbo's Mountain and Mayahem Temple as possible locations for Mumbo's stage!

POTENTIAL MUSIC TRACKS

Mumbo could come with this list of tracks!

1. Mumbo's Mountain
2. Mayahem Temple
3. Mumbo's Hut (Banjo-Kazooie)
4. Mumbo's Skull (Banjo-Tooie)
5. Humba Wumba's Wigwam
6. Mingy Jongo

SPIRIT BATTLE

Mumbo has a Spirit battle ready to go!

It should be no problem in overcoming for a apprentice shaman in training!

Mumbo appreciates the support! And will keep you up to date with any new things that will be added here at Mumbo's Hut!

Last edited:

Jolumas

Smash Rookie
I'm all for being part of this. Would be cool if he could use his transformation magic on himself possibly to give himself extra/different moves, bumble bee recovery, crocodile bite attack, etc

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm all for being part of this. Would be cool if he could use his transformation magic on himself possibly to give himself extra/different moves, bumble bee recovery, crocodile bite attack, etc
: Now that would be a clever conspect! You're really shaping up to be a good apprentice! Mumbo put your moveset ideas in the OP later! Welcome to Mumbo's Hut! Oh and Mumbo will credit you in the OP for this idea!

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
I was incidentally just playing as Mumbo in Tooie... I love BK but just can't get into Tooie... idk why.

Always dreamed of a world where Rare never left and we had Banjo, Mumbo, and Grunty in Smash by Brawl, ooh me knackers.
That's a pretty lofty expectation considering Melee was pre-Microsoft acquisition and they still didn't put Banjo in.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I was incidentally just playing as Mumbo in Tooie... I love BK but just can't get into Tooie... idk why.

That's a pretty lofty expectation considering Melee was pre-Microsoft acquisition and they still didn't put Banjo in.
: Tooie was great game on par with Kazooie! Bigger worlds not too big like DK64's, bosses, more challenging Jiggies! Mumbo recommend replaying Tooie again to it's end!

Mumbo also believes bear and bird weren't in Melee because of Nintendo and Rare's rocky relationship at the time! Also, Microsoft was probably in the middle of acquiring Rare during Melee's development!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Can you show Mumbo source? Mumbo has heard the rumor, but has never really pinpoint a concrete source!

Also:

The Motion Sensor Bomb was from Perfect Dark in the Japanese version of Melee, but was changed to TOP SECRET elsewhere, Rare really was erased from Smash.

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
R RetrogamerMax , I support. As for move ideas... I can only think of these:

Mechanic: Mumbo has a skull counter next to his icon. As the battle progresses, he can collect skulls, which appear raneomly like items and allow him to use his special moves, at the cost of varying quantities of skulls.

Neutral B: Mumbo warms up for a time, with a field appearing in front of him. The length of time B is held determines what the field does. Any one ally or opponent in the field after he finishes his animation will be temporarily immobilized on an empty charge. The second stage of charging heals the ally/opponent. The third stage buffs all statistics of the ally/opponent, and strengthens their shield. The fourth stage debuffs all of the statistics of his target, and weakens their shield. This move is a blessing and a curse, and consumes a number skulls depending on charge, so time it well and use it wisely!

I have not yet begun playing Banjo-Tooie (I am about to if nothing keeps me), so that is all I have.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
R RetrogamerMax , I support. As for move ideas... I can only think of these:

I have not yet begun playing Banjo-Tooie (I am about to if nothing keeps me), so that is all I have.
: Mumbo add you to the list as well as well as putting your moveset idea in the Apprentices' Moveset Ideas section crediting you!

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Top Bottom