• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EDmas 2. Saturday December 7th 2013

Kone

Smash Master
A seasons greetings to all! Time for a little Christmas carol to get us all in the mood, I expect everyone to sing along at home:

Here comes Santa Claus!
Here comes Santa Claus!
Right down Santa Claus Lane!
Vixen and Blitzen and all his reindeer
are pulling on the reins.
Bells are ringing, children singing;
All is merry and bright.
Hang your stockings and say your prayers,
'Cause Santa Claus comes tonight.

Here comes Santa Claus!
Here comes Santa Claus!
Right down Santa Claus Lane!
He's got a bag that is filled with toys
for the boys and girls again.
Hear those sleigh bells jingle jangle,
What a beautiful sight.
Jump in bed, cover up your head,
'Cause Santa Claus comes tonight.

That’s better, hope were all feeling jolly and warm inside. Now to the nitty gritty.

Edmas 2 is the long awaited sequel to Edmas 1 http://smashboards.com/threads/sdb-present-edmas-dec-16th-newcastle-upon-tyne.88431/. It has only taken, say, seven years :D. Now that we have a resurging scene in the Midlands (after Sam's up and b tournament) thought I would keep the ball rolling and host a tournament. The results from this tournament will be collated with the results from the up and b tournament (for melee) and be used to produce Midlands Ranking i.e. be part of the Midlands Circuit (just made that up!). Also, has pm is ****ing amazing there will be more emphasis placed on it and the results from this will kick start rankings in pm in the Midlands aswell. Rankings will be decided using the old school system: http://www.ssbwiki.com/UK_Ranking.

Quick summary of details;

Melee singles £5
Melee Doubles £5/team
PM Singles £2.50
Tri-cities crew cup?! birmingham vs nottingham vs leicester. Ill buy an actual trophy!
Venue cost: £2 but is not payable if wearing a Xmas jumper!

Tournament is 12-12 at my local pub in Snarestone. Pub is very rural and is never busy. Tournament will run in a very large function room with plenty of set ups.

Housing at my place which is local to the pub. Tournament venue is rural so I would encourage staying the night.

Travel arrangements by bus/train - Go to (in order of preference) Measham, Ashby de la Zouch, Tamworth or Nuneaton. I will post more specific information on how to get to the pub closer to the date. I will endeavour to pick as many people up as possible.

The pub has a skittles alley in the room that I have hired. Draft skittles match late on?!

Santa will also be making a show late on. Presents to be expected as well as some mulled wine.

Oh, pub does a £5 carvery :)

Lastly, I don't know who plays anymore/in the Midlands. Please invite people :)

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/events/479202125528688/

Venue/Pub: Odd House pub Snarestone (Bosworth Rd, Swadlincote, Derbyshire DE12 7DQ)

Housing: My place (1 Bridge House, Snarestone, DE12 7BY). It is incredibly hard to find so you will have to talk to me for specific directions.

Will post rules etc. later. Wanted to get this out there.

Let me know if you can bring setups!

Merry Christmas all,

Ed x

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Got work tomorrow, I'll have a talk and will do my best to book this date off :)

Kone

Smash Master
Hell yeah we are Scotty :D. Come over and get drunk and play some melee/pm with me!

George: Correct your sentence with 'you will get it of'!

jin928

Smash Rookie
This sounds amazing, not to sure if I can come to it but I shall try my best

S2rulL

Smash Journeyman
Also, I'm looking at the OG rankings, how many ****ing Peach players did we have in the UK, yet we only had ONE Puff?!

Kone

Smash Master
Skrull - those rankings are well old - check out the dates. At that point Jiggs' metagame was really under developed and she was scene to get ****ed by marths/foxes. There had been no mango/hbox yet.

Jin - Make it! what is stopping you? this will be the closest consecutive tournament in sometime. Only way to get better ;)

Cal - I dont understand the issue with poke stadium! lol when did it drop from the neutral stages and why?!

Oh, forgot to put in the first post but there'll be crews aswell. Thinking of starting a tri-cities cup; Birmingham vs Leicester vs Nottingham. Ill order an actual cup for it aswell :D

S2rulL

Smash Journeyman
Birmingham vs Leicester vs Nottingham
No love for Newcastle? :troll:

And fair enough, but does that mean I have to give props to Charles for using her ahead of her time? Cus I don't wanna :psycho: but if I DO make it down, imma try my arse off to make a good impression lol

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
Got work tomorrow, I'll have a talk and will do my best to book this date off :)
YOU BETTER YOU LITTLE SCRUB (Emphasis on the little)

(Jk Boony tunes ily)
No love for Newcastle? :troll:
l
You and Ed can be the Newcastle Crew ;)
Cal - I dont understand the issue with poke stadium! lol when did it drop from the neutral stages and why?!

Oh, forgot to put in the first post but there'll be crews aswell. Thinking of starting a tri-cities cup; Birmingham vs Leicester vs Nottingham. Ill order an actual cup for it aswell :D

i just don't see it as a neutral, give characters like Spacies big advantage over other, Cant remember how long its been dropped, but it was before i took my break in like late '11/early '12

Tri Cities Cup sounds like a great idea though :D

S2rulL

Smash Journeyman
Btw, if I do make it down, do you want me to bring my capture card so we can record the matches?

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
WOW just read the old thread for Edmas. Now that was a blast from the past lol. Anyway, I'd really like to make this! I'll talk to the Manchester players and see if anyone else can make it

Kone

Smash Master
Marc - hi aswell. Cant stay away forever :)

Cal - Am i leicester now? I live in leicestershire. Me, you, brad and willz vs hao, tamao, jin and george ?! Nottingham are obviously dead last :p

Ben - would be grand to see you :)

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
You're 100% Leicester Ed, it'll be good to have you, that Torphy is ours!

Notts do need to step it up if they ever want a chance

Yeniths

East Midlands!
yo if I get to tamworth on the sat morn is that any good? also possible to get back to tamworth station on the sunday? x

CraigUK37

Underscore HERO
NNID
CraigUK37
Can possibly make it to this, is anyone getting the train via birminham train station who I can meet up with on the Saturday?

Yeniths

East Midlands!
In you can post that message in the Facebook group, I know there should be some players from birmingham coming so I'm sure thats possible!

jin928

Smash Rookie
Can possibly make it to this, is anyone getting the train via birminham train station who I can meet up with on the Saturday?
Me and Hao will most likely be there on the day so we can meet up, not sure if anyone else from Birmingham is coming sadly :c

S2rulL

Smash Journeyman
Ed, if I am able to make it, do you reckon you could house me on the Saturday night?

Kone

Smash Master
CraigUK/Yeniths/Jin/Hao If you can all go to tamworth for Saturday morning (by ten) then ill pick you all up at the sametime at tamworth and drop you back on the sunday :)

Jin - who else is Birmingham lol?

Skrull - of course

Scribbleuk

Smash Rookie
I'm looking to make it to this event. Also want to drive. I'm going to be passing through Birmingham from Telford, if anyone wants a lift?
I drive a mini so I've only got 3 spare seats :(

CraigUK37

Underscore HERO
NNID
CraigUK37
Im happy to go with kones way or scribbleuks way. do you need any equipment kone, i have a crt which supports ntsc 60 and a wii which can run project m. tv is tiny and not really the best but thought i would ask.

obviously i could only bring stuff if i went with scribbleuk

jin928

Smash Rookie
Scribble me and Hao would take a lift if you're still offering :3

Scribbleuk

Smash Rookie
You three will fit nicely :)
I'm not overly familiar with Birmingham, so if you two could meet up in the same place for collection it would help.

Having said that though works out pretty cheap for me to catch a train to Tamworth. What do people think?

Kone

Smash Master
Scribbles - why dont you pick jin, hao and craiguk all up from birmingham new street? Car be cheaper than train and then you can drive to the venue rather than me getting you from tamworth. Would be doing me a favour!

Kone

Smash Master
Hao - nice! Birmingham (hao, jet, jin, yeniths) v leicester (cal, willz, brado, kone) sounds helluva match!

Top Bottom