• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(EDIT)PLEASE be happy with the sword Smashes already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Okay, he has (EDIT) default sword moves. Are you happy with this NOW?

There was no need to throw away a perfectly good moveset for a vocal minority in the first place.

Last edited:

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
It was a perfectly terrible moveset.

It's still a perfectly terrible moveset, now with swords so he can ape Ike and Cloud and still be ****ing awful to play.

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
It was a perfectly terrible moveset.

It's still a perfectly terrible moveset, now wish swords so he can ape Ike and Cloud and still be ****ing awful to play.
He certainly would be improved if they took the numbers from the Melee moveset and just pasted onto the Smash U animations, but there's no need to give him a sword.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
He certainly would be improved if they took the numbers from the Melee moveset and just pasted onto the Smash U animations, but there's no need to give him a sword.
There was every reason to implement swords into his moveset somewhere (he's been a swordsman in literally every 3D Zelda game, gorrammit). I'm just not a fan of how they did it, or that they kept Sakurai's awful gameplay design for him as the framework it was attached to.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Ahem, he has THREE sword moves now. Each Smash attack is a sword move.

Up and Forward Smash were pulled from Ike, and down Smash was pulled from Cloud.

I'm still not happy that he wasn't COMPLETELY OVERHAULED... But this is probably as good as it's ever going to get for us. So, I'm satisfied.

HE LOOKS SUPER SICK THOUGH.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Swords for Smashes sounds great! I didn't need a full overhaul, but it's really nice to see him pull it out while still keeping his awesome side special. I think they might have done it well.

And the OoT style Ganon? Nice.

Would have liked a long-haired Dorf, but this will do very nicely.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, this thread is just pointless complaining and turning into immediate flamebait.

People can be happy or unhappy if they want about it. That's fine. But we don't need a thread on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom