• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Request Edit Luigi's Down+B to be like Smash Ultimate's

GuardHax192

Smash Cadet
Hi all, I'm not the most knowledgeable with hacking but know some stuff, mainly use Crazy Hand to do any editing, willing to learn Hex Editing though. I'm trying to find a way to make Luigi's Down+B function like the Smash Ultimate (with looping hitboxes that connect good), travel upward better, and doesn't require the "ground charge". I'm sure this is all do-able with Hex editing, but even watching Itaru's Syntax instruction I'm still not smart enough to figure it out. I'm also a bit curious on Invincibilty/Intangible state to use during the move. If anyone has a little spare time to help me figure it out I'd be soo greatful! This will be included in my "Balance Hack" that I'm working on, so stay tuned!

Last edited:

JoshuaMK

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure what you're asking for would take editing hex within the .dat file

Last edited:

GuardHax192

Smash Cadet
If it does take Hex Editing I'm fine with that, just would like to know how lol

JoshuaMK

Smash Apprentice
I'm not gonna be able to help with that area, but maybe someone with more experience can

GuardHax192

Smash Cadet
No i mean how you have to use the move once on the ground before Luigi can utilize the tapping B in air.

JoshuaMK

Smash Apprentice
Okay, so that specifically will take some ASM code writing, but I found the value for Luigi's upward momentum during Down B to be within Crazy Hand. I also was trying to see if I could give the attack more hitboxes to make it be more like SSBU, but that fell short pretty quickly as Crazy Hand does not give the option to add actions to a move... you can only edit them. So I will need to look into actually going into the real Hex editing in order to do this.

Now as for the charge thing, I could see it being as simple as a code that when the move is started, it compares the value in the register that determines if you are in the air, or on the ground, and if it = air, it changes the value to = ground, therefore letting you press B and fly up.

Im just filling this with random numbers to give an idea, but it would probably be a code like this:

lwz r0, 0x42 (r6) - Loads value for Luigi in sky to r0 (Vanilla Code)
[OUR INJECTION]
cmpwi r0, 2 - Compares the value in r0 to 2 (Sky)
beq - branch to custom code if value equals 2 (sky)
li r0, 1 - loads value 1 into r0, turning the value into what we want (ground)
blr - Returns to where the code initially branched, effectively making the game always read Luigi's Down B as being done from the ground.

It could also be possible as just a simple static overwrite, but I doubt it.

ALSO, THIS IS JUST SPECULATIVE THINKING, AND IS IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM GUARANTEED TO BE ACCURATE AT ALL.

Plus I could have had the right thinking, but my way of executing it is flawed. Who knows? :p

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
Uh

Code:
Luigi - Cyclone Acts Like Mario's
His Cyclone charges on "land"
[??]
Version -- DOL Offset ------ Hex to Replace ---------- ASM Code
1.02 ------ 0x3C4074 ---- 800D5BDC -> 800D5B9C
And: https://imgur.com/gallery/xZ0SoFH (My guide to adding space to subactions in Crazy Hand.)

The looping hitboxes that connect good part is going to fall short because Melee has insane SDI strength and it's not easy to make such a long move with so many multihits connect properly, you'd have to reduce SDI's strength altogether or make the hits deal only 1% and add the code that disables hitlag from moves that deal that amount of damage to prevent SDI from happening.

Also, I'm assuming you're not trying to bring back the "terrible recovery move" part from his Down-B in Ultimate, right?

GuardHax192

Smash Cadet
Uh

Code:
Luigi - Cyclone Acts Like Mario's
His Cyclone charges on "land"
[??]
Version -- DOL Offset ------ Hex to Replace ---------- ASM Code
1.02 ------ 0x3C4074 ---- 800D5BDC -> 800D5B9C
And: https://imgur.com/gallery/xZ0SoFH (My guide to adding space to subactions in Crazy Hand.)

The looping hitboxes that connect good part is going to fall short because Melee has insane SDI strength and it's not easy to make such a long move with so many multihits connect properly, you'd have to reduce SDI's strength altogether or make the hits deal only 1% and add the code that disables hitlag from moves that deal that amount of damage to prevent SDI from happening.

Also, I'm assuming you're not trying to bring back the "terrible recovery move" part from his Down-B in Ultimate, right?
Hey again, thanks for always looking to help me dude, you're awesome! Got a few of your suggestions on previous things working in my hack, but not the Pikachu Bair file still. Anyway, what's the DOL offset? How would I find that offset in HxD Lg.dat file? And true with the SDI stuff, I heard the other version of melee handled SDI differently (v 1.0?). I'm willing to use code(s) and the 1% thing for Mario's, Doc's, and Lugi's tornado. Will definitely read and practice that adding space thing as well. As to the "terrible recovery" what do you mean? I haven't played much of Ultimate tbh

GuardHax192

Smash Cadet
Never mind, I figured out the DOL thing with GC Tool, never had to use that before. Got Luigi's Tornado functioning like Mario's with the code, NICE :D

Last edited:

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
Hey again, thanks for always looking to help me dude, you're awesome! Got a few of your suggestions on previous things working in my hack, but not the Pikachu Bair file still. Anyway, what's the DOL offset? How would I find that offset in HxD Lg.dat file? And true with the SDI stuff, I heard the other version of melee handled SDI differently (v 1.0?). I'm willing to use code(s) and the 1% thing for Mario's, Doc's, and Lugi's tornado. Will definitely read and practice that adding space thing as well. As to the "terrible recovery" what do you mean? I haven't played much of Ultimate tbh
I could help with Pikachu's B-Air animation but I don't know what you're stuck on.

GuardHax192

Smash Cadet
I could help with Pikachu's B-Air animation but I don't know what you're stuck on.
Honestly I really believe the issue is the MCM Gecko codes I input aren't working..no idea why. Iso is clean, everything else I've tried works thus far. Just not gecko codes. The "Dk Roll distance" code that I've tried never worked, the code for Mewtwo's Side+b Reflect didn't work, and it's probably why the Pikachu and Falco import things don't work (animation codes). I'm really confused as to why this is happening

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
Honestly I really believe the issue is the MCM Gecko codes I input aren't working..no idea why. Iso is clean, everything else I've tried works thus far. Just not gecko codes. The "Dk Roll distance" code that I've tried never worked, the code for Mewtwo's Side+b Reflect didn't work, and it's probably why the Pikachu and Falco import things don't work (animation codes). I'm really confused as to why this is happening
You'd need to show me everything you're doing, then.

GuardHax192

Smash Cadet
You'd need to show me everything you're doing, then.
I'll try taking screenshots of steps that I take in order or something and post it here. Appreciate you helping so much thus far. Hopefully when I go to school this fall for Coding I'll be able to understand a lottt more of this stuff

Top Bottom