• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edgeguarding with Megaman

Sneak Sneaks

Smash Ace
I know bair is good for edgeguarding horizontal recoveries but what about vertical recoveries? Like Marios Upb? How do you edgeguard him? Dair is too slow, item toss mb will pop them up and I guess rar bair wouldnt work because he will grab ledge invincibility first. Thoughts?

JesusMorpheus

Smash Cadet
NNID
omar0320
3DS FC
1435-4404-0742
You can try using metal blade to force them to make a decision and capitalize based on what they did. This can apply for horizontal recoveries as well. Usually z dropping it lets you control a certain space and lets you act based on how they decide to get back to stage. This is how i usually try to tackle recoveries like Mario's. Throwing leaf shield out just as a pressure tool combined with metal blade can work as well

Wreck33

Smash Journeyman
Vs Mario downtilt is very good on the ledge. You wouldnt think but it often is. Also very common after you downtilt the ledge grab the Mario will up b and land on stage right beside you. Yall know what your next move is. Leafshield next to ledge and downtilt are 2 options that are very good vs Mario. You can also go for him with handheld MB that you zdrop to eat the fireball and then immediately bair him.

Piipp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZebraJammiez
3DS FC
2681-1864-8125
Tbh I feel like Megaman has top 3 edgeguarding easily.

He has many tools he can use such as Metal Blade (you can throw it at an angle or you can use it as an item and use it for ZDropping), Leaf Shield, Bair, Dair, and in some cases, pellets.

Personally, I've found the best edgeguarding techniques are holding Metal Blade + Leaf Shield (holding onto ledge and after a hit of Leaf Shield immediately jump and Zdrop the Metal Blade; stage spikes at higher percents), and just using Bair to keep opponents away or to get an early kill.

Also, using Leaf Shield offstage is a very good tool to use for stealing jumps, and footstooling (AKA Leafstooling).

These are just some of the edgeguarding techniques I've found to be most successful in terms of gimping or just getting a kill early on in the game.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
The cannon hitbox from nair is pretty good offstage as well, albeit it hardly has any range.

It's worth noting that you should stay at a certain distance away from any character trying to recover that has a meteor or could stage spike you if you don't tech. Also, try to get them to air dodge as we have all the tools necessary to bait them into doing so.

Wreck33

Smash Journeyman
Mega Man is very strong at edge guarding. That plus his neutral makes him a top tier.

Top Bottom