• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edgeguarding people recovering high

GrizzyBeer

Smash Cadet
So ive been playing pikachu for a little while now (about 4 months) and ive gotten decent at edgeguarding using f-tilt to cover the ledge or just above and ive gotten decent results but than people have started just recovering high. now against marth and falcon and such its easier to punish but most of the time if they can get to a platform the best i can do is get an u-air. my combo game is pretty **** so they usually just DI hard into the stage and i cant chase them and for fox i almost never can punish them recovering high.

I feel the best bet is to kinda bait it out than u-smash them but was wondering if there was some other option i might be missing.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Quick FH or DJ Nair

If they land on any plats Pika can cover all them fast with a Uair to reset them off stage or gimp them. Get the semi-spike hit boxes.

Thunder if they are in KO percent, this can be done pre-emptively jump back on stage thunder. For floatier characters recovering high it's very dangerous to them. FFers are harder, especially spacies since they fall so fast they skip frames where they are hittable. Makes them see invincible on some recoveries, it's odd.

Last edited:

proxibomb

Smash Clown
You could easily punish them with an up-smash, especially if they're at kill percents. If they most likely won't die from up-smash, you can grab and f-throw so when they come back to stage, you just throw another aerial or f-tilt. Your main options would most likely be another f-tilt, or nair/uair. You'll want to attack them fast enough so that they can't do anything when they get to that platform. A Falcon/Marth above you will most likely want to drop from platform with an aerial, or escape and get back to neutral stage.

tl;dr: just find moves that push them back off stage. You'll wanna avoid moves they can DI to get back to neutral.

Top Bottom