• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edgeguarding Ike

NeumaticSalmon

Smash Rookie
I just can't figure it out. Should I try and challenge his up B or just sit back and try to punish? I find myself losing to Ikes way more than I should partly because of this problem, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kapapanerp

Smash Apprentice
I just can't figure it out. Should I try and challenge his up B or just sit back and try to punish? I find myself losing to Ikes way more than I should partly because of this problem, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Down angled f-tilt can work wonders if he's attempting to sweetspot. It has good range and is disjointed on the first active frame. The trick is to space yourself so just the tip of your toes hit, then you just wavedash back to grab ledge.

On walled stages it gets trickier, though. Being consistent with weegees perfect ledge-dash helps a ton. You wanna wait till he hits the wall with side-b, then you can grab ledge, wait for him to up b to stage, then ledge-dash into whatever punish you want.

Last edited:

KinGly

Smash Journeyman
I don't play Luigi (no idea why this was in my notifications ¯\_(ツ)_/¯), but I usually try to poke low and trade with a hit of up b. dangled f-tilt would work or you could possibly try to trade dair with up b.

Works well if they don't sweetspot, which our Ike's don't.

Last edited:

Xykness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XYKman
Its definitely difficult. I can't wrap my mind quite around it, but I guess I try wave dashing to ledge before the up B and immediately dropping with an aerial while using the invulnerability, that way the sword doesn't hit. The forward tilt is super difficult to time and carries your hurtbox, so it'll trade sometimes.

ACA CREAM

Smash Rookie
Try to funnel the Ike's Up-B to a single lane, then go for the dropkick so you hit Ike against the stage. If you catch him right, he won't be able to recover. Not a lot of people tech the wall I've realized so I think this could be a good edge guarding option. Strong emphasis on think, I'm going to do some tests and let y'all know!

Top Bottom