• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edge guarding tactic

it-a-albinomoose

Smash Rookie
while fooling around in training i discovered some situational tech for edge guarding.

step one: infinite run/crawl to the edge. how you do this is you hold a specific angle on the control stick and keep it there. the angle is just below the lower right or left groove or pivot in the control stick.

step two: c-stick forward, you must be facing outward

the result is a fast fell fair that covers a very steep angle and instantly comes out, this is very good for characters that dont have very high recovery so you can gimp them if they try to sweet spot the ledge, i havent tested every character it works on but for someone like zero suit it can gimp her at very low percents since it messes with her tether. its an unexpected and very quick option that i thought id like to share with all of you.

this also works with every character (you have to do the run rather than the crawl) but can very in effectiveness depending on their fair. on most other characters it will just kill them since they are unable to recover but i found that wario, lucario, sheik, and sonic all have good ones and can recover well, i havent tested them all so if youre curious about a character try it out and post some results

not sure if this is a thing thats already been found so sorry if its duplicate info

Top Bottom