• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edge Guarding Spacies

NotSym

Smash Rookie
Any suggestions on edge guards for fox falco side b onto ledge and fire fox?

D

Deleted member

if they press up b, kill them

if they press side b, wait for it to end, then kill them

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Walkoff fair. Walkoff fair. Walkoff fair. Walkoff fair.

Master the timing, the spacing (this isn't hard), how much you can fast-fall without dying (this actually is kind of hard because ledge sweetspot sizes were reduced and it's harder to Aether back after dropping too fast, be careful.)'

Also learn to space a down-tilted FTilt at the edge, especially after a wavedash. Absolutely bones Side-B recovery.

If a spacie is Up-B'ing below the ledge though and you don't kill it, (read: You didn't WALKOFF FAIR) then you are BAD and you should FEEL BAD for throwing away your chance at victory. QD -> Fair can even get you quickly out there when they're level with the stage and in Up-B startup, so you can hit them out of it before they even move, thus eliminating the need for guessing.

Basically Fair is awesome and if a spacie Up-B's anywhere offstage, it should be dead.

True Fool

Smash Ace
For whatever reason, I love using counter on Fox and Falco's up-Bs. But always fair/edge-guard forward-B. If they get wise and forward-B over the ledge, I like to side-step and f-tilt them. Or jump over them and bair/fair them, depending on the direction I'm facing.

I will admit that a particular Falco player in my local tourney always gives me trouble, and frequently knocks me out/into loser's bracket. I got closer to beating him last tourney than I ever do. I'm always tempted to switch to a secondary when I play him, but I feel Ike is my strongest character, and that I'll never improve my Ike until I beat him.

grandpappy

Where's the beef?
NNID
eyeplaybass
3DS FC
5343-9859-5848
I really REALLY love weak hit DAir>BAir, but I feel like most of the time that's probably overly complicated for spacies. Most of the time against them, FAir will do the job. Falco and Wolf can even be effed by being tapped by NAir or weak DAir off stage a lot of the time.

Counter definitely works if they are missing their sweet spots with UpB though.

Dralarco

Smash Rookie
D-Tilt is useful since Fox/Falco recovery goes below you, you can D-Tilt which can spike.

You need to space the D-Tilt, I think.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Not usually a good idea to go offstage against Fox/Falco. Fair/counter if they up-b and you are onstage.

Side b is harder... if you are on ledge you can bair/dair up-b and side-b. If they side b on stage then you can jump up and qd attack them. It's usually best to stay on stage and punish side b with ftilt or dtilt (watch Ally vs M2K).

Top Bottom