• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EDentines' Day. Birmingham - UK National. 28th Fri-2nd March

Kone

Smash Master
For those unaware every ED tournament is named after a holiday. Large nationals will be large events, monthlies more obscure. Each tournament will incorporate the theme of that holiday. This national tournament is incorporating Valentine's Day...

Second National tournament for the Smash UK Championship Season 1 2014. This tournament should have a healthy turnout i.e. be a stacked tournament so there should be a large coin payout. Get yourself here ;)
-----VENUE & ACCOMMODATION-----
Name: Earlswood Log Cabin & Camp Site

Address:
The Log Cabin
Wood Lane
Earlswood
Solihull
B94 5JP

The Log Cabin accommodates up to 20 and consists of five bedrooms 2x2 tier bunks. It has central heating, male and female showers, a fully refurbished fitted kitchen complete with microwave, fridge freezer, cooker, kettle etc. There is a lounge, dining and chill-out area equipped with table soccer, pool table and air hockey. In front of the Log Cabin is a seating area and a tarmac area which can be used for sports.

How to find it:

From J3 M42 take road off the roundabout signposted Foreshaw Heath. At T-Junction turn left. After hump backed bridge take 1st road on right (Wood Lane). Entrance is 1 mile on the right.
(Sat Nav post code B94 5JP)

Extra venue information –

Catering: Self-catering.
Kitchen: Well equipped.
Dining Room: Open plan tables & benches.
Sitting Room: Open plan tables & benches.
TV and Music Facilities: No.
Heating/Open Fires: Central heating.
Bedrooms: 5 bedrooms - each with 2 bunks, which sleeps 20.
Linen: Bring your own bedding.
Bathrooms: Showers.
Disabled Facilities: Norman King Centre includes male, female and disabled toilets and showers, a well-equipped kitchen and a large multi-purpose-room.
Children's Facilities: No.
Outdoor Facilities: Basketball court.
Swimming Pool: No.
Parking: Ample parking.
Telecom Facilities: Mobile coverage.
Smoking: Not in the building. Timber building.
Pets: No.
Games Room: No.

----- SETUPS-----

I currently own 18 TVs and will be collecting more for this event. They are a mix of 14”-32” (there are a lot of large TVs). Photos to follow…

-----IMPORTANT INFO-----

Schedule:
Venue opens at: 10am on the 28th. Arrive as early as you want on the 1st.

Friday 28th: Currently there is no formal schedule. All tournaments will take place on the Saturday. However, I will put events on if there are enough people present e.g. draft crews, doubles etc.

Saturday 1st:
Sign-ups: 12 noon
Brawl Singles: 1pm-finish
Melee Singles: 1pm-finish
Project:M Singles: 1pm-finish

Entry Fee:
Venue options:
• Bed per night per person: £9.80
• Camping per night per person: £5.95 – I can personally provide up to 20 two man tents. Let me know.
• Day visitor: £3.25

Additional costs for each tournament you enter-

Brawl Singles: £3
Melee Singles: £3
ProjectM: £3

-----RULES-----

~Brawl Rules~

General:
-Meta Knight legal (Double Meta Knight is illegal in doubles)
-3 Stocks
-8 Minutes
-Items: OFF and NONE
-Team Attack ON
-Ledge grab limit(LGL): 35
-All Chain-grabs and infinites are legal, But must stop before 300%

Neutral Stages:
Smashville
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Counterpick Stages:
Castle Siege
Halberd
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Pokemon Stadium

~Melee Rules~

General:
4 Stocks
Items Off
8 Minutes
Team Attack ON

Neutral Stages:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi Story
Fountain of Dreams
Dreamland 64
Counterpick Stages:
Pokemon Stadium

~Project:M Rules~

General:
4 Stocks
Items Off
8 Minutes
Team Attack ON

Neutral Stages:
Yoshi's Story
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2
Final Destination
Smashville
Dreamland
Fountain of dreams
Counterpick Stages:
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
WarioWare
Green Hill Zone
Dracula's Castle
SSE: Jungle

-----OTHER INFO-----

Set-ups:
Can you please indicate whether you can bring a set up a set up for brawl/melee/project m.

Transport:

TRAIN:
Use www.nationalrail.com or www.thetrainline.com and travel into Birmingham (any station). From there take a train to Earlswood. This is within Birmingham’s conurbation and Birmingham-Earlswood costs £2.30 for a single and £4.40 return.
CAR: SAT NAV – B94 5JP.

COACH – Use www.megabus.com or www.nationalexpress.com to go into Birmingham. Then take a train (www.thetrainline.com orwww.nationalrail.com) to Earlswood (costs £4.40 return). Earlswood is in the Birmingham conurbation.

FROM EARLSWOOD TRAIN STATION – You walk (directions to follow) or contact me for a pick up on 07982248134.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
around 60 confirmed and around 30 maybes so far! looking like this will be really good :)

Kone

Smash Master
PnshdSnk have you confirmed on the facebook page? We have 70+ comng to this event. Also, do you have a fb account? I can add you to the midlands group saying as your peterborough based.

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
I know John Madden Kombat, but do I know Smash combat?

That aside, sign me and my brother up! One thing I must ask regarding friendlies: Are they on Friday's? Or are you allowed to do one before the tournament begins?

Last edited:
Top Bottom