• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edelgard von Hresvelg - Black Eagles House Leader

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
As the wait for Fighter #5 continues, I continue my hopes that they don't just go for Byleth as the 3H rep (assuming there even IS one in this current Smash game). After having their side filled with swordfighters (something Sakurai even commented on), it would feel like such a waste to have yet another one (who is also an avatar...) especially after 3Hs went out of the way and had the three house leaders NOT be swordwielders by default. Same can be said for any FE rep really especially if they continue the avatar trend because lol Japan.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I swear whenever I have a rare Smash-related dream, especially if it deals with a character I want, it quickly goes off the rails somehow.

Had a dream that Edelgard got in and she played exactly like I thought she would, but then it got to her stage...it wasn't Garreg Mach, or even any location from Three Houses. It wasn't even from Fire Emblem, or even a video game at all.

It was Raymour and Flannigan. You know, the real life furniture store. So Edelgard was just fighting other Smashers in a furniture store for half the time and I have no idea why.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I swear whenever I have a rare Smash-related dream, especially if it deals with a character I want, it quickly goes off the rails somehow.

Had a dream that Edelgard got in and she played exactly like I thought she would, but then it got to her stage...it wasn't Garreg Mach, or even any location from Three Houses. It wasn't even from Fire Emblem, or even a video game at all.

It was Raymour and Flannigan. You know, the real life furniture store. So Edelgard was just fighting other Smashers in a furniture store for half the time and I have no idea why.
There was a miscommunication when Hubert suggested she take inspiration from the Ottoman empire

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
This is not a drill: Astral Chain just got a Spirit event announced. That means it's still possible for Three Houses to get relegated to Spirits. We must proceed with caution.

Neverx

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5778-5302-2215
This is not a drill: Astral Chain just got a Spirit event announced. That means it's still possible for Three Houses to get relegated to Spirits. We must proceed with caution.
I'm really hoping this doesn't happen. I personally don't want to see another fighter pass full of third party characters.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
All third party DLC would be hugely boring to me. I'd like a few more, sure, but not all the DLC. I only hope that a game that released after TH getting a spirit board is a thing in FE's favor and not the opposite.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I'm still hoping Edie or any other TH character makes it in, but after this recent news I'm preparing for the worst. If they're doomed to not be playable I hope we at least get a song or two.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
On the bright side, I think a Three Houses character is the most likely first party DLC option, and Edelgard has a great shot of being that character.

On the other hand, I also think a Three Houses character is the only viable first party DLC option left, so that's not saying much. :p

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
On the bright side, I think a Three Houses character is the most likely first party DLC option, and Edelgard has a great shot of being that character.

On the other hand, I also think a Three Houses character is the only viable first party DLC option left, so that's not saying much. :p
I still wouldn't count out base game spirits if I were you. A character from ARMS and Xenoblade 2 (Rex, Pyra and Mythra are still the most likely candidates for "tethered" fighters) still have a good shot.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I still wouldn't count out base game spirits if I were you. A character from ARMS and Xenoblade 2 (Rex, Pyra and Mythra are still the most likely candidates for "tethered" fighters) still have a good shot.
I'll believe it when I see it, personally.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman

Still fearing Byleth, due to being the actual player character ugh. Like I said on the newcomer thread: It's made me start retroactively hating Corrin's inclusion.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Hail the mighty Edelgard, though red blood stains her story~~♪

For me the most wanted TH character list goes: Edelgard = Dimitri > Claude (I love him but I think he would have the least interesting moveset without his Wyvern) > Byleth. Also lowkey would love a unpredictable rep like Seiros.

Last edited:

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
Ugh the Astral Chain spirit board announcement just made me worry 3Hs will get spirit boarded. As if my woe and sad reality of Byleth getting in is bad enough. Guh...f you Corrin, just...f you!

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
The AC Spirit Event is indeed worrisome, but let's not forget that unlike 3H AC is a new IP, and Sakurai is always super cautious with those even when they are successful (like Pikmin wasn't in Melee, or Splatoon in Smash For).

Also it's possible they saved a slot for a FP character from one of the big 2019 games (we know they followed a pattern with Smash For DLC, Lucas was "a veteran from Brawl", Roy was "a veteran from Melee", Corrin was "the promotion pick" and so on, and this was officially revealed in an interview), and between the two 3H made the bigger splash.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Big difference between Three Houses and Astral Chain is that 3H is already part of an established Smash franchise, so less obstacles should lead to a Spirit event. Also I'm pretty sure 3H did better, and has more to work with.

Shenryu64

Smash Rookie
Edelgard is my most wanted alongside Elma, so I really hope there's no spirit event for FE 3H :(

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Big difference between Three Houses and Astral Chain is that 3H is already part of an established Smash franchise, so less obstacles should lead to a Spirit event. Also I'm pretty sure 3H did better, and has more to work with.
Yeah, Three Houses actually did significantly better, actually. As of the last Nintendo earnings report, Astral Chain hadn't yet sold one million units, since the numbers weren't reported. That being said, that's also a running thing for Platinum games and it did surpass internal expectations.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Edelgard is my most wanted alongside Elma, so I really hope there's no spirit event for FE 3H :(
There very well can be a spirit battle, but alongside a playable character. To be honest, I'm expecting Byleth and Spirits for Edelgard, Dimitri, Claude and Rhea at least.

Shenryu64

Smash Rookie
There very well can be a spirit battle, but alongside a playable character. To be honest, I'm expecting Byleth and Spirits for Edelgard, Dimitri, Claude and Rhea at least.
Yeah I know, I was referring to a spirit board without a character like the one from Astral Chain. Edelgard is my favorite, but I'd love any lord or Byleth in Smash. (My preference list is Edelgard > Dimitri > Claude > Byleth)

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Direct confirmed for Thursday. I am so nervous right now.

Neverx

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5778-5302-2215
It's not going to be a Three Houses rep IMO (most likely another third party). I just really hope we get some kind of hint towards the future DLC or fighter pass 2. I'd rather know now if it's going to continue being third party or not.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Dont think any Nintendo first party is #5, Three Houses chances likely are lying with whatever DLC model they go with after the pass ends. Hopefully we learn what that is at the end (a tease for Fighter 6 would be extra welcome!)

Edit: Nev literally took the words out of my mouth(?) as I was typing haha.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah, I think a Three Houses character is far more likely for post-Pass (though I guess it's not impossible for the pass given how early it was announced, lol). Either way, Thursday should be exciting.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Well, GameXplain seems to think a Three Houses rep is likely, and they seem to generally want Edelgard to be that rep, though they think Byleth is more likely. Also worth noting is that they seem very convinced that Fighter 5 will be first-party, despite everything going against that. Take that as you will.

D

Deleted member

Thursday is when either Edelgard wins or she doesn't lose so either way she wins
watch as i jinxed it and we get edelgard mii costume

Last edited by a moderator:

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HJxya0CWco

I'm bracing myself for judgement day tomorrow. At best: It's just another third party rep (which only makes the fight continue further). At worst they outright deconfirm 3Hs via Spirit Board and/or make Byleth the fighter...thus wasting the effort put into making the three house leaders NOT use swords. -_-
Let's try to stay positive and not bring the thread down. No real need for that.

Hypothetical names for Edelgard's trailer (a la The Masked Rebel, A Heroic Encounter, Best Friends, etc), go.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Let's try to stay positive and not bring the thread down. No real need for that.

Hypothetical names for Edelgard's trailer (a la The Masked Rebel, A Heroic Encounter, Best Friends, etc), go.
"At the Edge of Dawn"
"Reach for my Hand"
"Wings of Freedom"

D

Deleted member

"Lady of Hresvelg" would be simple enough but if the title isn't meant to be spoilery I'd go with something like "Emperor of the Crimson Flames" though it could also depend on the trailer's theme

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
sigh... remainder that FP5 was decided BEFORE smash ultimate went live so 3 houses being a commercial and critical success won't influence FP5, so please guys, expectations in check and pelase don't expect FP5 to be a 3 houses rep.

That being said, there is still a very slim chance than they reveal something post pass, and Edelgard is fair game on the post pass but would be wise to just expect FP5 tailer, FP5 explanaition and FP5 launch soon instead.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I mean I think it's safe to say no one is really expecting a TH character for FP5, it's just that I'm nervous TH could get mii costumes revealed like what happened with Rex/XB2 at the start of the pass.

EDIT: This comment aged horribly lol

Last edited:

Neverx

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5778-5302-2215
I mean I think it's safe to say no one is really expecting a TH character for FP5, it's just that I'm nervous TH could get mii costumes revealed like what happened with Rex/XB2 at the start of the pass.
Same once Rex/XB2 was deconfirmed I moved to my second most wanted being Edelgard it a three houses character. I’m super afraid that we will get a spirit deconfirm or that the next DLC characters post past will continue to be third parties. For me at least outside of Joker (who I literally never thought had a chance) I haven’t really been too crazy about the characters added in DLC.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
i doubt it.. if 3 houses is gonna get shot down is gonna be by a spirits event like astral chain... but the astral chain event is too soon to we getting any news regarding 3h spirits tomorrow,

I feel that we are getting mostly at least 3 mii costumes related to fp5 and if wer get random mii costumes, we are getting some of the fews that are still missing and something random...

As i said, it would be great if we get some info regarding post pass (are they gonna be a second pass? or alone? are they gonna be bundled with stages and music? are they going to be released on a similar timeframe? or they are gonna get released in other fashion? can we expect other DLC besides fighters? etc)
But Sakurai is perfectly able to talk 35 minutes about only one fighter... mostly i'm not expecting any news related to 3h tommorrow.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Obviously Three Houses is more likely for post pass, but the chance of getting Mii Costume'd tomorrow has me nervous.
d01.jpg

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Well it's over for Edelgard, but at least we got some TH content in Smash.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
Well it was fun while it lasted. At least I can now rest easy without anxiety in my life.

Still better than Dimitri at least.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Disappointed it isn't Edelgard, happy that TH has a stage, music and cameos rather than a random spirit board. And I do like Byleth with multiple weapons. Overall I'm happy!

Top Bottom