• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edelgard von Hresvelg - Black Eagles House Leader

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Nope, quite the opposite.

You should've picked Claude or Rhea. Edelgard solely cares for destroying the church for lying and other bad ****, not why it lies.
Does Rhea even do that? I don't know the full story of each route, I just know that Claude is for sure the one who gets the full lore dump.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Welp too late now,

Well no. I'm assuming Rhea is the black eagle route where you stand against Edelgard.

Still I'd like to see her point of view. Although in Dimitris ending, she was kinda scummy.

Troykv

Smash Master
Does Rhea even do that? I don't know the full story of each route, I just know that Claude is for sure the one who gets the full lore dump.
It's technically Byleth actually, because Rhea only appears at the end.

Welp too late now,

Well no. I'm assuming Rhea is the black eagle route where you stand against Edelgard.

Still I'd like to see her point of view. Although in Dimitris ending, she was kinda scummy.
Oh don't worry, you'll still learn stuff; in fact it'll probably be more interesting now that you have more context. Good luck!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Welp too late now,

In fairness, the ending of Azure Moon is where Edelgard is at her lowest point. Her route, imo, does a fantastic job at repainting her actions in a different light: the light of a revolutionary leader as opposed to a force of destruction. One of those different sides of the coin things.

Personally Crimson Flower is my favorite route, despite how concise it is.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
On the Twitter campaign I'm actually working on a showcase of songs that could be added alongaide Edelgard.
My choises now are:

1) Edge of Dawn (duh)
2) Fodlan Winds
3) Corridor of the Tempest
4) Chasing Daybreak
5) Funeral of Flowers
6) Blue Skies and a Battle / Betweeen Heaven and Earth
7) God-Shattering Star
8) Apex of the World
9) Indomitable Will
10) Thearing Trough Heaven

Bonus: Night fo the Ball and World for Humanity.

What do you think? Should I change some songs?

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
On the Twitter campaign I'm actually working on a showcase of songs that could be added alongaide Edelgard.
My choises now are:

1) Edge of Dawn (duh)
2) Fodlan Winds
4) Chasing Daybreak
5) Funeral of Flowers
7) God-Shattering Star
8) Apex of the World
9) Indomitable Will

You wouldn't happen to be working with the Music for Smash Twitter account on that, would you?

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
You wouldn't happen to be working with the Music for Smash Twitter account on that, would you?
Yup, it's a collaboration between us! I'm happy people know that since they make really good content!

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
My choises now are:

1) Edge of Dawn (duh)
2) Fodlan Winds
4) Chasing Daybreak
5) Funeral of Flowers
7) God-Shattering Star
8) Apex of the World
9) Indomitable Will

I like the choice, I'm trying to think in alternatives, but I can't xDU

ZelDan

Smash Master
My choises now are:

1) Edge of Dawn (duh)
2) Fodlan Winds
4) Chasing Daybreak
5) Funeral of Flowers
7) God-Shattering Star
8) Apex of the World
9) Indomitable Will

Really good list that has most of my favorites. If there were to be others past these though I'd love to have these included too:

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
So apparently there is a Voting Gauntlet thing going on and they pitted Edelgard against Dimitri. Ho boy will the Dimitri fans be utterly obnoxious if Dimitri wins. Really does start feeling like IS is just giving El the villain treatment because the FE fanbase can't stomach morally grey matters and prefer their status quo.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Ho boy will the Dimitri fans be utterly obnoxious if Dimitri wins.
Could say the same for Edelgard stans if she wins.

Really does start feeling like IS is just giving El the villain treatment because the FE fanbase can't stomach morally grey matters and prefer their status quo.
Or maybe because she's the antagonist for 3/4 of the routes in the game.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So apparently there is a Voting Gauntlet thing going on and they pitted Edelgard against Dimitri. Ho boy will the Dimitri fans be utterly obnoxious if Dimitri wins. Really does start feeling like IS is just giving El the villain treatment because the FE fanbase can't stomach morally grey matters and prefer their status quo.
Why is this bad honestly? Edelgard is even the villain of the Black Eagles route before you choose her. It's very understandable. Dimitri is more written like the standard Fire Emblem Lords, but with a dark side. OF COURSE the Fire Emblem fanbase are gonna pick Dimitri as their favourite.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Why is this bad honestly? Edelgard is even the villain of the Black Eagles route before you choose her. It's very understandable. Dimitri is more written like the standard Fire Emblem Lords, but with a dark side. OF COURSE the Fire Emblem fanbase are gonna pick Dimitri as their favourite.
Ehhhhh not entirely. Dumbing them both to inherently good or bad is dishonest and quite frankly, an insult to both Edelgard and Dimitri's characters, they both are far too grey to be black and white

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
If you don't mind me asking, was the next Voting Gauntlet datamined or something? I can't find anything about it, but I know the New Year's units were datamined, so I wanted to make sure.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
If you don't mind me asking, was the next Voting Gauntlet datamined or something? I can't find anything about it, but I know the New Year's units were datamined, so I wanted to make sure.
I don't know if it was determined or announced via a message, but the theme is Princes vs Emperors, and besides Dimitri vs Edelgard we have Marth vs Hardin, Alphonse vs Veronica and Chrom vs Walhart.
I don't think it's IS doing a "good vs evil", as Veronica isn't one ever since Book 2, it's just that we still lack some of the good Emperor characters like Rudolph in FEH.

BTW I also made an infograph about Edelgard in Smash, if you want to check it:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's literally just a Kingdom vs Empire gauntlet. Quit trying to cause fan infighting for literally no reason.
To say that Edelgard is "a villain on her own route" but that Dimitri is a standard good lord "with a dark side" despite
literally threatening to rip out Randolph's eyes so he only has to hear his brothers-in-arms being tortured instead of seeing it, AFTER Randolph is defeated and begging for his life
is a much too simplistic and, frankly, biased way to view Edelgard and Dimitri.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I don't know if it was determined or announced via a message, but the theme is Princes vs Emperors, and besides Dimitri vs Edelgard we have Marth vs Hardin, Alphonse vs Veronica and Chrom vs Walhart.
I don't think it's IS doing a "good vs evil", as Veronica isn't one ever since Book 2, it's just that we still lack some of the good Emperor characters like Rudolph in FEH.

BTW I also made an infograph about Edelgard in Smash, if you want to check it:
I mean, Hardin USED to be good, he just got corrupted, and we don't have his "pre-corruption" form in the game yet, but that's beside the point.

Also, for anyone curious about the datamine,
Anna and Eir are finally getting alts.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Meanwhile I don't even know who I'm gonna back in the gauntlet. Chrom, Edelgard, Marth, and Hardin are all some of my absolute favorites.

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I mean, Hardin USED to be good, he just got corrupted, and we don't have his "pre-corruption" form in the game yet, but that's beside the point.

Also, for anyone curious about the datamine,
Anna and Eir are finally getting alts.
FINALLY SOME LOVE TO ANNA
Meanwhile I don't even know who I'm gonna back in the gauntlet. Chrom, Edelgard, Marth, and Hardin are all some of my absolute favorites.
I'll probably back Edelgard because I finally summoned her and I can't wait to use her as much as possible lol

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Hopefully FE17 is a remake of a past game or just a game without an Avatar, because Avatars just make it harder for an interesting Lord like Edelgard to get into Smash. Although, I read somewhere that Avatars are now a staple of the series, so I’m kinda hoping that they aren’t entirely. At the very least, they should push the Avatar off to the side and keep them just as a customizable unit.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hopefully FE17 is a remake of a past game or just a game without an Avatar, because Avatars just make it harder for an interesting Lord like Edelgard to get into Smash. Although, I read somewhere that Avatars are now a staple of the series, so I’m kinda hoping that they aren’t entirely. At the very least, they should push the Avatar off to the side and keep them just as a customizable unit.
Fire Emblem Echoes didn't have an Avatar.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'd think remakes in general are pretty safely not gonna have Avatars, given how poorly received Kris was. The fact that Kris still isn't in Heroes definitely says a lot.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Well, people are hoping for a remake of FE4, which didn't have an Avatar. Can't say if that would end up being FE17, but it's a possibility.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Yeah, that’s why I mentioned remake of a past game. Then again, FE12 was a remake of FE3 and they introduced the Avatar mechanic, so I guess not even remakes are safe. I could honestly see them upping Mark’s role to an Avatar in a FE7 remake, but that won’t be for a while.

ZelDan

Smash Master
One thing that I think could be cool is if the next game DOES have an avatar, but said avatar isn't one of the most important characters in the story or isn't even one of the most important parts of the army or whatever. Just have an avatar that is just another soldier, and that you can have be any sort of class you want.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
One thing that I think could be cool is if the next game DOES have an avatar, but said avatar isn't one of the most important characters in the story or isn't even one of the most important parts of the army or whatever. Just have an avatar that is just another soldier, and that you can have be any sort of class you want.
This is basically what Kris SHOULD have been, imo. They're a new recruit for the brand new 7th Platoon and come from a modest village background. It would've been much more believable than how Kris ended up.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Kris should’ve definitely only been the main character for the Assassin gaiden chapters. I really like the basis of their character since a simple village boy with dreams of serving Marth is much easier to self-insert as than as an amnesiac tactician with a gift for strategy and vessel for a god of destruction, whatever Corrin was (never played Fates), or a stoic mercenary embedded with the heart of a goddess.

I’m one of the few Kris apologists in existence.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Kris should’ve definitely only been the main character for the Assassin gaiden chapters. I really like the basis of their character since a simple village boy with dreams of serving Marth is much easier to self-insert as than as an amnesiac tactician with a gift for strategy and vessel for a god of destruction, whatever Corrin was (never played Fates), or a stoic mercenary embedded with the heart of a goddess.

I’m one of the few Kris apologists in existence.
If it makes you feel better, according to CYL, Kris is the most popular character from FE3/FE12 that isn't in FEH yet, the male version getting in the Top 200. Then again, FE3/FE12 don't seem to have much to offer, so that might have something to do with it.

On the Edelgard front there's just been talks of her being in the upcoming Voting Gauntlet.
Which somehow led to us talking about the nature of avatars in Fire Emblem. Funny how that turned out.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Here's a question, if a Three Houses lord got in would you want their reveal trailer to have Fodlan Winds as the BGM or something else?
Edelgard and Dimitri I'd be fine with, but if it was Claude... God-Shattering Star would be majestic.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Here's a question, if a Three Houses lord got in would you want their reveal trailer to have Fodlan Winds as the BGM or something else?
Edelgard and Dimitri I'd be fine with, but if it was Claude... God-Shattering Star would be majestic.
Edelgard should absolutely have Edge of Dawn somewhere in her trailer. It's her own theme, after all.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Best case scenario, Edelgard receives a letter from Hubert saying someone sent it.
Likewise, Dimitri gets the same letter from Dedue.
And Claude gets the same letter from Hilda.
And so does Byleth, represented as Male Byleth, given to by Sothis.
And then they all meet up on Gronder Field, as that's where the message told them to go.
And then an army of Smash fighters appears on a hill in the back.
So the four ready their weapons and decide to team up.

Or something, I don't know. It'd be cool in the Smash reboot that all 4 would get in, since I can't see that happening in Ultimate for DLC, especially since that there's already 7 FE characters. Or maybe Sakurai could work his magic and make them like a Pokemon Trainer hybrid or something.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Best case scenario, Edelgard receives a letter from Hubert saying someone sent it.
Likewise, Dimitri gets the same letter from Dedue.
And Claude gets the same letter from Hilda.
And so does Byleth, represented as Male Byleth, given to by Sothis.
And then they all meet up on Gronder Field, as that's where the message told them to go.
And then an army of Smash fighters appears on a hill in the back.
So the four ready their weapons and decide to team up.

Or something, I don't know. It'd be cool in the Smash reboot that all 4 would get in, since I can't see that happening in Ultimate for DLC, especially since that there's already 7 FE characters. Or maybe Sakurai could work his magic and make them like a Pokemon Trainer hybrid or something.
Not gonna lie, I really hope they don't go for a Pokémon Trainer approach. All four characters have more than enough to use to stand on their own, and Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude acting as a team is something that goes against the entire point of Three Houses.

If they absolutely had to make a Pokémon Trainer-styled Fire Emblem character, it'd be far more fitting for Kiran to be that character over Byleth.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Not gonna lie, I really hope they don't go for a Pokémon Trainer approach. All four characters have more than enough to use to stand on their own, and Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude acting as a team is something that goes against the entire point of Three Houses.

If they absolutely had to make a Pokémon Trainer-styled Fire Emblem character, it'd be far more fitting for Kiran to be that character over Byleth.
Back in Smash 4, I saw them picking Chrom over Robin and instead putting them in the background issuing commands like PT, but now I’m glad that’s not the case. Because it’s true what you say—Fire Emblem has so much source material to work from that combining them into one fighter would undermine their character. I just kind of wanted to see Pair Up/adjutants represented (not in a FS) somehow, and that I would be absolutely ecstatic if all four characters got in somehow or someday.

Kiran would be cool, but I feel like they’re best suited for being an Assist Trophy, but Robin at the very least should’ve gotten an alt that was based off them.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
So I noticed an article that was basically meant to reassure FE fans that the Wave 4 DLC is currently being worked, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. While I was looking, however, I found this info about stuff that was datamined in the 1.1 update (a.k.a. the Wave 3 DLC). It basically lists stats for the new characters and some new classes, among other things. I didn't know if anyone else here knew about it, so I thought I'd link that, since I couldn't find the article I was looking for.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
Ugh I hope not. Sadly because of waifu/husbando culture, I feel theyll continue making avatars for players to self-insert themselves *sigh* all the more reason why I always worry about Edelgard's chances since avatars enable neutrality and is someone players always relate to more than actual characters.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
As the year draws to a close, another datamine seems to have taken place, and with it the details on the DLC characters' Supports.

Also, as the year ends, I think we can all agree that 2019 was a good year for Fire Emblem. Not just because of Three Houses, but in general. FEH got a bunch of new updates, including modes and story content, the Dragalia Lost crossover was actually pretty fun, and there was that Expo early on. 2020 is apparently the series' 30th anniversery (unless I'm remembering that wrong), the Wave 4 DLC is still coming, and while the rumors about a new remake haven't been proven, they haven't been debunked either. Now that 3H has basically made me an FE fan, I can't wait to see what it holds.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
As the year draws to a close, another datamine seems to have taken place, and with it the details on the DLC characters' Supports.

Also, as the year ends, I think we can all agree that 2019 was a good year for Fire Emblem. Not just because of Three Houses, but in general. FEH got a bunch of new updates, including modes and story content, the Dragalia Lost crossover was actually pretty fun, and there was that Expo early on. 2020 is apparently the series' 30th anniversery (unless I'm remembering that wrong), the Wave 4 DLC is still coming, and while the rumors about a new remake haven't been proven, they haven't been debunked either. Now that 3H has basically made me an FE fan, I can't wait to see what it holds.
Heck, this whole decade was good to Fire Emblem. After the less-than-stellar performance of the DS remakes, Awakening pretty much rejuvenated the series to the point where it’s now one of Nintendo’s biggest series.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Anywho, seeing as nobody posted the new pic from Twitter celebrating the New Year, I figured I'd do it.

Look at these dorks in their fancy overcoats.

Top Bottom