• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edelgard von Hresvelg - Black Eagles House Leader

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I really think that 3 houses character is gonna be fp6 or fp7.

Numbers aside, I feel that the game have made waaay more waves than Awekening, and i love searching for this game fanart, because it have been so well recieved, that you can get an array of fanart incredibly vast. from anime style, to western anime style, comic style, graphic design style, pictorical style... thats not even counting memes...

Even the artsyle in the game itself uses to a great degree pictoprical styles and medieval styles...

Also.. let's say that the amount of fan favourites is... well..Starting by the lords, Claude, Edelgard, Dimitri, Bernadetta, Dorothea, Lynhardt, Petra, Caspar, Hubert, Ferdinard, Dedue, Felix, Sylvain, Ashe, Annette, Mercedes, Lysithea, Marianne, Hilda, Lorenz, Sethet, Shamir, Catherine, The death Knight, Rhea, Jeralt.. all of them seem to be extremely healthy fanbases...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So happy Three Houses won two awards tonight. All in all The Game Awards was a pretty good time. Solid stuff.

Also the only genre category where my pick didn't win was RPG, so that's pretty neat too.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
3H is twice as good as Smash Ultimate according to TGA we move
Honestly the most surprising part is Three Houses only got one fewer award than Death Stranding...which is nifty in hindsight.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Honestly the most surprising part is Three Houses only got one fewer award than Death Stranding...which is nifty in hindsight.
Isn't Fire Emblem tied with CoD and Sekiro for 3rd place in the amount of awards won?

D

Deleted member

Congrats on Three Houses for winning those awards! That was nuts. It really does deserve them.

Just wanted to congratulate you guys on that. Three Houses deserves all the recognition it can get through any media possible. Whether that's Smash or more like an Accolades trailer, it doesn't matter.

That game has taken up so much of my time.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Isn't Fire Emblem tied with CoD and Sekiro for 3rd place in the amount of awards won?
Oh wow is it really? I think so. Because Disco Elysium got four and Death Stranding got three.

...Huh. Three Houses went from getting snubbed to getting bronze. That's amazing.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I'm so happy about FE3H getting two awards, actally being the most rewarded Nintendo game at VGA even more than Smash Bros.
I don't want to sound too confident, but after this incredible fan support and Sakurai's comment about "pleasing the fans", I can't see them skip a 3H character for the next batch of DLC.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I really hope more people try out Fire Emblem games now, because I feel like most of the Smash community likes to overlook them because they disregard it as anime/weeb trash that has too many fighters in Smash. Three Houses was a fun and great experience, and it honestly deserved the awards it got.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Oh wow is it really? I think so. Because Disco Elysium got four and Death Stranding got three.

...Huh. Three Houses went from getting snubbed to getting bronze. That's amazing.
It's a shame, too. Imagine if it got put up in GOTY, we'd be hearing FE3H theme in more orchestra and ****, maybe even lyrics like how Control and RE2 were.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Assuming she gets in with both Academy and War Phase looks, which would you use more? Any alternate color swaps you'd want to see?

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Assuming she gets in with both Academy and War Phase looks, which would you use more? Any alternate color swaps you'd want to see?
Hmmm... I'd probably switch between her Academy and War Phase outfits depending on my mood; I like both.

As for alt colors, I'd be fine with any of them but I'm partial to white, yellow, blue, pink or purple alts in particular.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Definitely Academy.

Hoping we get a Flayn or Annette based palette swap.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Definitely Academy.

Hoping we get a Flayn or Annette based palette swap.
Annette does have a hidden talent in axes, after all. :p

Hmmm... I'd probably switch between her Academy and War Phase outfits depending on my mood; I like both.

As for alt colors, I'd be fine with any of them but I'm partial to white, yellow, blue, pink or purple alts in particular.
Yeah, I'd probably use both too. Like with Little Mac and his hoodie alt. Or Mario before they removed Fire Mario RIP.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Annette does have a hidden talent in axes, after all. :p
it's so funny to annette pop out with crusher in crimson flower

little girl beats the **** out of the death knight with a giant hammer made of bones

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I'll probably rotate between both since I love either design.
For particular color swaps I really wish at least one has brown hair.
Also the Byleth and Rhea inspired ones from that mock-up that was posted a while back would be great!

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
If Edelgard gets in, I'm kinda hoping she gets alts based on the DLC outfits in FE3H. I'd imagine people would be using the maid outfit often. :p

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
If Edelgard gets in, I'm kinda hoping she gets alts based on the DLC outfits in FE3H. I'd imagine people would be using the maid outfit often. :p
Small brain: Maid outfit

Galaxy brain: High School Musical Basketball team outfit.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
Has expectations for Fighter 5 decreased due to there being no reveal at the Game Awards? I kept reading that Fighter 5 would have to break the internet in half if they appeared at the Game Awards, but since there was no reveal: Do you feel whoever is next won't be as crazy as people think?

In related matters: How is the Edelgard support outside of the FE fandom or even this little bubble? And for that matter: How is IS treating her since post-release, now that there's enough time for the game to be played?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Has expectations for Fighter 5 decreased due to there being no reveal at the Game Awards? I kept reading that Fighter 5 would have to break the internet in half if they appeared at the Game Awards, but since there was no reveal: Do you feel whoever is next won't be as crazy as people think?

In related matters: How is the Edelgard support outside of the FE fandom or even this little bubble? And for that matter: How is IS treating her since post-release, now that there's enough time for the game to be played?
I mean, she's still getting a figma and they're bringing back last year's Edelgard cosplayer again for FE Expo 2.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500

I do belive (and always had) that Fighter 5 would have been a "lesser" character considering how Smash Speculation has never ended on a high note. Something more along the lines of Kos-Mos, Lloyd or Phoenix Wright rather than a Master Chief, Crash Bandicoot or any other "break the internet" pick.

For what I can tell by running the Twitter Account she is definitely popular, and most controversy around her seem to be calmed down a lot (I especially saw many Golden Deer fans turn into Edelgard/BE fans too). And outside of the FE fandom Edelgard is very recognizable, on par if not even more than Byleth.
Also IS is still releasing her figma and plenty of Cypher cards of her, so I'd say she is indeed very popular despite what some echo chambers might make you think.

Quick question. What exactly IS the FE Expo? Is it literally just a fan expo, or do they announce stuff there?
Last year (which was the first one so it's a very recent event) I don't think they really announced anything (maybe some Merchandise), but it's sponsored by IS/Nintendo and has concerts and devs appearing as guests.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Come to think of it, they're doing another Premium Arrange album for FE Expo 2. Any Three Houses songs you'd like to see get covers?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Come to think of it, they're doing another Premium Arrange album for FE Expo 2. Any Three Houses songs you'd like to see get covers?
With lyrics? God-Shattering Star.

Without lyrics? What's the song used when you fight students who don't join your house in Part 2 because goddamn to this day I still can't find the track.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Before you ask, yes, this IS the official Nintendo Twitter account. A lot of people seem confused about that. Anyway, Byleth just got a Sothis costume.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Before you ask, yes, this IS the official Nintendo Twitter account. A lot of people seem confused about that. Anyway, Byleth just got a Sothis costume.

male byleth looks like his clothes shrunk in the washer

Troykv

Smash Master
Oh my, they suddenly decided to separate this custome from the rest of the Wave 4 for some reason xD.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Certainly wasn't expecting Sothis costumes to drop.

Female one is okay and could see myself using it alongside the Enlightened one class. Looks dumb and weird on male Byleth though.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Female Byleth looks really cute and cool.
Male Byleth on the other hand...
But I guess it makes sense that the male one would look stupid with that, even tho, you know, that subplot.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Just popping in to say I started the black eagle route today after finishing the Blue Lions route.

I'm surprised the early missions are identical. Many felt very personal to blue lion members, poor Ashe and Sylvain. Makes me glad I did Blue Lions first (especially since fell in love with everyone in my house)

But now I want to unravel the mystery of the church and I think edelgard will help with that.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
But now I want to unravel the mystery of the church and I think edelgard will help with that.
Nope, quite the opposite.

You should've picked Claude or Rhea. Edelgard solely cares for destroying the church for lying and other bad ****, not why it lies.

Last edited:
Top Bottom