• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edelgard von Hresvelg - Black Eagles House Leader

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Also, the player avatar is purposely raised by the church of Seiros to be uber-capable, so it'd be silly if you were controlling some country bumpkin or something like that.
None of what you've said is even remotely accurate. Have you played Three Houses at all?

thats the golden deer for you.jpg

Honest answers only.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The avatar is the only one that can allow any of the three houses to win, because they're the main character.
Win what exactly? You're not making a lot of sense. :drshrug: You're an educator, you better know how to win if it's your job to teach people tactician strategies about how to not die in battle.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It took about 2 weeks, but I managed to scrape by Claude's map on Maddening. It's amazing how much of a difference Stride impacts on your game despite how seemingly trivial its effects are.

I spared Claude.

It was easy as using Dorothea to make Lysithea use Miasma twice on Claude with Thyrsus so I could leave him with 1 HP and having Edelgard to the finishing blow for style points. Now I'm struggling to do the paralogues because I'm severely underleveled.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It took about 2 weeks, but I managed to scrape by Claude's map on Maddening. It's amazing how much of a difference Stride impacts on your game despite how seemingly trivial its effects are.

I spared Claude.

It was easy as using Dorothea to make Lysithea use Miasma twice on Claude with Thyrsus so I could leave him with 1 HP and having Edelgard to the finishing blow for style points. Now I'm struggling to do the paralogues because I'm severely underleveled.
I'm assuming you mean Edelgard's paralogue?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm assuming you mean Edelgard's paralogue?
Yeah. Lindhart/Leonie and Marianne's is also a pain in the ass because fog.

At least Nader is weak to arrows in this map.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I haven't.

But for some reason I still keep coming to this thread.

Morbid curiosity maybe? Idk.
Go buy the game. There's 4 routes to play. Haven't even finished them all yet.

Waste your time elsewhere.

Also, Dimitri is Best Lord of Best Route. This is gonna be important. So better remember.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think Three Houses chances of winning are very good, especially with how successful and acclaimed it has been.
IMO it comes down to either Three Houses or Wargroove. Here's hoping Three Houses wins, of course.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Heads up. If you haven't voted yet, you can google "tga vote" to bypass the website.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Three Houses is a nominee for Best Strategy game at The Game Awards 2019. Here's what it's up against.

Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Age of Wonders: Planetfall
Anno 1800
Total War: Three Kingdoms
Tropico 6
WarGroove

The website just went live so it's currently down.
At least it doesn't have to compete with Outer Worlds for Best RPG. That would have been a war of its own, and not the kind that would change the world for the better...

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
honestly never heard of these games
Wargroove got a lot of buzz because it's pretty similar to Advance Wars in terms of design, which was great for the people who wanted a new Advance Wars game.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The cropped image for 3 Houses is kind of icky. Not the best image or the best cutscene they could have chosen, but I guess it works?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Can anyone point me towards a suitable 3d image/render/model of Edelgard (pre-time skip)? I'll use it make an icon for her like the one in my sig. They'll eventually become more common I'm sure, but right now I'm having trouble finding a decent one.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Can anyone point me towards a suitable 3d image/render/model of Edelgard (pre-time skip)? I'll use it make an icon for her like the one in my sig. They'll eventually become more common I'm sure, but right now I'm having trouble finding a decent one.
Honestly high quality ones aren't really a thing yet. The closest things out there are screenshots of the in-engine cutscenes or, alternatively, promotional images of her figma (in case you wanted to try something like you did for Muddy Mole).

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Honestly high quality ones aren't really a thing yet. The closest things out there are screenshots of the in-engine cutscenes or, alternatively, promotional images of her figma (in case you wanted to try something like you did for Muddy Mole).
Tbh I probably wouldn't use an image like the one I did for Muddy Mole these days, it was too out-of-place compared to the others imo. That said, I have used pics of figurines when in a pinch, but the ones I've seen of the figma have been too obviously not-a-render. And screenshots are a last resort, getting a decent render out of them can be quite the time sink. Appreciate the suggestions though~

There are actually a couple models out there, and they're not like... Smashified quality, but they're alright. They're just unusable for my purposes because of the funky lighting or Edelgard t-posing. Sometimes you just really have to dig to find something worthwhile.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Tbh I probably wouldn't use an image like the one I did for Muddy Mole these days, it was too out-of-place compared to the others imo. That said, I have used pics of figurines when in a pinch, but the ones I've seen of the figma have been too obviously not-a-render. And screenshots are a last resort, getting a decent render out of them can be quite the time sink. Appreciate the suggestions though~

There are actually a couple models out there, and they're not like... Smashified quality, but they're alright. They're just unusable for my purposes because of the funky lighting or Edelgard t-posing. Sometimes you just really have to dig to find something worthwhile.
It's times like this I wish I were better at digital art, lol. You know, pose and touch up the publicly available model rip and just make a render. But alas.

Good luck, though. I'd love to see the end result if you ever find something.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Also don't forget you can vote for Three Houses once per day. Figured some folks may have forgotten.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So, VS Battles Wiki has been adding pages for Three Houses characters, and of course THIS matchup popped into existance. If we were to look at the stats for each, who do you think would win?

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Thread:3691283
Ew, VSB. Dimitri is obviously the physically strongest, though.

EDIT: Looking back on their pages, that scaling is so ass it makes me laugh. They make Dimitri Town because of Edelgard. They make Edelgard Town because of two crests somehow being worth the same as the Sword of the Creator. Go to Byleth's page, they don't even show **** for how it's Town level, they just say "oh it should be comparable to other Relics". I know it's said that the Sword of the Creator can split a mountain in Claude's route, but Edelgard also says in her route that:

A.) Catherine is the strongest Knight of Seiros, implying there is no powerscaling
B.) The Sword of the Creator has no equal, they can't simply scale from it.

If they want to scale, use Fort Merceus nukes and Rhea, not the Heroes' Relics that are terribly unbalanced.

EDIT 2: Holy **** they put the Fort Merceus feat as Sothis nuking Aillel, that's equally hilarious and incompetent. If they needed 2 nukes just to beat out Fort Merceus, then why are they highballing it so much? It hurts my head.

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
These kinds of Vs battle wikis and discussions are honestly just silly. Take a look at Link's page on that wiki, and then tell me when Chrom was ever shown to be strong enough to wipe out a large country by himself.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
These kinds of Vs battle wikis and discussions are honestly just silly. Take a look at Link's page on that wiki, and then tell me when Chrom was ever shown to be strong enough to wipe out a large country by himself.
Chrom was able to brute strength a human sized hole in a giant stone castle wall. That honestly seems about right.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
That's not even his final form...
You're actually not even wrong. I also made a Super Saiyan Blue God Super Saiyan edit around the time I threw that together.

(As well as base Super Saiyan, 2, and God, but I ain't posting those because it's a bit too off-topic)

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
If I remember correctly, in Silver Snow and to an extent, Verdant Wind...

Dimitri dies in both routes as he loses to Edelgard when he fights her, since he doesn't have Byleth to keep him from going bat**** insane and becoming bloodthirsty and reckless for revenge as a result.

I think Azure Moon Dimitri would be the only Dimitri to win against Edelgard, but that's only because Byleth was able to steer him into the right path. Otherwise, Edelgard wins the 3 other routes.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Dimitri dies in both routes as he loses to Edelgard when he fights her, since he doesn't have Byleth to keep him from going bat**** insane and becoming bloodthirsty and reckless for revenge as a result.

I think Azure Moon Dimitri would be the only Dimitri to win against Edelgard, but that's only because Byleth was able to steer him into the right path. Otherwise, Edelgard wins the 3 other routes.
In fairness...
The implication is that it took several soldiers to bring him down, since IIRC Hilda said he was found stabbed by several spears.

I think the implication is he wasn't even able to get to Edelgard.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
In fairness...
The implication is that it took several soldiers to bring him down, since IIRC Hilda said he was found stabbed by several spears.

I think the implication is he wasn't even able to get to Edelgard.
Yeah, I think you're right. I only played each route about once so I don't remember the details too well.

Though, if the weapon triangle was still in, Edelgard would have the upper hand. :p

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
They scale Chrom off of Falchion, who they scale off of Marth with Falchion, who they scale off of Alm with Falchion, who they scale off of Duma, who they scale off of Naga.

yeah it's a complicated chain that makes no ****ing sense at all

Dimitri could easily kill Edelgard. What stopped them was the wave of soldiers that stabbed him before he could even approach her. And even after getting stabbed he just kept going until his body said "aight imma head out" and collapsed

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Not really because...

In both Verdant Wind and Silver Snow, Dimitri's army is heavily in the disadvantage, and Edelgard gets severely wounded in the battles at Gronder Field. Dimitri , unable to keep his emotions in check, pursues her fleeing the battlefield while he himself is also severely wounded, and so he meets his end by the rear guard. At least that happens in Verdant Wind. Silver Snow doesn't give such details. And it's even open to the imagination of the player if Dimitri dies or not. Why I say that? Because of the scene with Seteh saying "if someone was indeed here, that person only wanted to see you". Ferdinand also says something about Dimitri in the monastery in the same month like 'Oh you spoke with Dimitri?'. He's also aware of the deaths he caused (Rodrique, Gustave and Dedue) and how he doesn't have the resources available to tackle the Empire.

Silver Snow leaves if very much to the players imagination. However he definitely dies in Verdant Wind, but not by Edelgard's hand.

As an enemy unit , Edelgard also has worse stats than Dimitri. Funny thing, in the Silver Snow chapter where Edelgard first attacks the monastery again after Byleth's awakening, the NPC Swordmaster was able to "kill" her (she was left with 1HP despite this though, probably story related or because of her ability).

I'll give it to the Tempest King.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Not really because...

In both Verdant Wind and Silver Snow, Dimitri's army is heavily in the disadvantage, and Edelgard gets severely wounded in the battles at Gronder Field. Dimitri , unable to keep his emotions in check, pursues her fleeing the battlefield while he himself is also severely wounded, and so he meets his end by the rear guard. At least that happens in Verdant Wind. Silver Snow doesn't give such details. And it's even open to the imagination of the player if Dimitri dies or not. Why I say that? Because of the scene with Seteh saying "if someone was indeed here, that person only wanted to see you". Ferdinand also says something about Dimitri in the monastery in the same month like 'Oh you spoke with Dimitri?'. He's also aware of the deaths he caused (Rodrique, Gustave and Dedue) and how he doesn't have the resources available to tackle the Empire.

Silver Snow leaves if very much to the players imagination. However he definitely dies in Verdant Wind, but not by Edelgard's hand.

As an enemy unit , Edelgard also has worse stats than Dimitri. Funny thing, in the Silver Snow chapter where Edelgard first attacks the monastery again after Byleth's awakening, the NPC Swordmaster was able to "kill" her (she was left with 1HP despite this though, probably story related or because of her ability).

I'll give it to the Tempest King.
Stat scaling isn't really the best way to do these types of things, that's how you end up making Shuckle the tankiest thing in the Pokemon universe.

Using direct feats and comparisons is best, and Dimitri is still clearly superior. Superhuman training regimen, superhuman durability, superhuman strength, while Edelgard at best has the quirk of "being able to move in heavy armor without exhaustion" or whatever she said when she asks you to change her focus to heavy armor. To give it credit, heavy armor in Fire Emblem is stupid thick, and by logic alone anyone who wears this type of ****

1574795352781.png

Without having any difficulty in movement at all is astounding. That slab of a shield should be hundreds of pounds if it's pure metal, that ****'s the size of Alois. Edelgard's class as Armored Lord is a bit weaker, however. She is armored, but she isn't as clad as most other armored units in visual design. It's light armor at most.

1574795458399.png

1574795666002.png

1574795688694.png

If we were to truly, truly do as VSB and scale Heroes' Relics, however, let's not forget that Catherine can OHK armored units with Thunderbrand and is the strongest Knight of Seiros as confirmed by Edelgard.

Which may not even matter if Dimitri can beat four at once with just regular iron/steel lances alone.

Assuming all this, I would say Areadbhar would quite easily pierce Edelgard's armor as it could already because dimitri's ending but w/e and possibly her shield. Edelgard doesn't have any physical feats of her own that can level to such things as Dimitri, and her defenses are only that of a regular human. Assuming this is an out-of-the-blue fight where Edelgard doesn't have time to become Venom, Dimitri takes it very easily just by using facts and logic alone.

Sucks that Claude is the only one who sucks at strength, but he definitely has better reaction times if we want to powerscale through Nemesis. If.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Stat scaling isn't really the best way to do these types of things, that's how you end up making Shuckle the tankiest thing in the Pokemon universe.

Using direct feats and comparisons is best, and Dimitri is still clearly superior. Superhuman training regimen, superhuman durability, superhuman strength, while Edelgard at best has the quirk of "being able to move in heavy armor without exhaustion" or whatever she said when she asks you to change her focus to heavy armor. To give it credit, heavy armor in Fire Emblem is stupid thick, and by logic alone anyone who wears this type of ****

Without having any difficulty in movement at all is astounding. That slab of a shield should be hundreds of pounds if it's pure metal, that ****'s the size of Alois. Edelgard's class as Armored Lord is a bit weaker, however. She is armored, but she isn't as clad as most other armored units in visual design. It's light armor at most.

If we were to truly, truly do as VSB and scale Heroes' Relics, however, let's not forget that Catherine can OHK armored units with Thunderbrand and is the strongest Knight of Seiros as confirmed by Edelgard.

Which may not even matter if Dimitri can beat four at once with just regular iron/steel lances alone.

Assuming all this, I would say Areadbhar would quite easily pierce Edelgard's armor as it could already because dimitri's ending but w/e and possibly her shield. Edelgard doesn't have any physical feats of her own that can level to such things as Dimitri, and her defenses are only that of a regular human. Assuming this is an out-of-the-blue fight where Edelgard doesn't have time to become Venom, Dimitri takes it very easily just by using facts and logic alone.

Sucks that Claude is the only one who sucks at strength, but he definitely has better reaction times if we want to powerscale through Nemesis. If.
While on the subject of Edelgard's strength feats, there is one moment I'd like to point out. Specifically, this. Spoilers for literally the last Crimson Flower cutscene.
Screenshot_20191126-181200.png
Keep in mind too, she descended a bit before striking based on the framing of the cutscene. So she made that almost comically massive vertical leap while presumably armored (albeit without her shield) and while wielding Aymr, a massive battle axe.

Doing that would take an absolutely massive amount of lower body strength, which is very important for an axe fighter since it affects your swing. And the best part is that she seemingly did this while exhausted, as this is after the climactic battle and she's literally out of breath at the start of the cutscene.

Granted I still think Dimitri has her beat in raw power (honestly I'd peg Dimitri as the physically strongest lord in the series, though Chrom and Hector are no slouches either), but Edelgard is definitely no pushover.

D

Deleted member

We don't really have any idea what their power levels are since yoi can't compare gameplay and story 1:1 and physical strength isn't the only thing that matters.
Doesn't really matter at the end, the winner is always who the writer wants it to be.

Top Bottom