• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edelgard von Hresvelg - Black Eagles House Leader

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Saw the supports for myself since no one wanted to answer my earlier question.

Yeah, that's definitely a gay Jeritza if you give him the chance.

I think that the biggest thing that resonates with me favoring Edelgard is that at least on crimson flower she is completely aware of what does starting a war actually means, she actually have remorse for teh countless of people that will actually suffer from this indirectly. But the thing that FE3H IMO managed to put so well is that literally there wasn't another way to change a the opressive system. Is not like the church of seiros is the devil itslef either, and Rhea likely geniuenily thinks that she is doing what's best for humanity. but either by pride of stubborness, the church of seiros is totally unwilling to discussion or change, issuing draconic punishment (heh) to anything remotely near insubordination.
Though, perhaps the same can be said for Edelgard on that aspect. As a Golden Deer myself, I was able to witness this nice quote that shows Edelgard's own stubbornness/selfishness towards the idea that maybe her own destruction by force isn't the answer.

She's literally incapable of cooperation in the other routes, and Blue Lions shows how far she's willing to go. Edelgard isn't a heartless villain, but she's a lot more similar to those she despises than she thinks she is when it comes to methods. I don't think that's bad actually, I find the irony good storytelling.

That's why I like Claude a lot more. It's not that there was no other way. Edelgard just chose the simplest, bloodiest way. Though sometimes the simplest way is also the quickest way, and being fast is sometimes more crucial than plotting and scheming for months.:nifty:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I hate real world phsycial violence (maybe it was the main reason why I immediatly loved Linhardt rather than just because it was the queer option) and i dislike violent rioting, not because of that ****ty discourse of "damage against public property" but because here (chile) the ruling power has the monopoly of violence and their method of operating is trying to spark violence in order to let loose their violence. This is not crackpot theory, this is special forces modus operandi that have been documented for over a decade with literally thousands of hours of video footage.

But yet, we have been 13 years protesting peacfully (some people even more), we have done carnivals, costume manifestations, conversatories, open street classrooms, lighting candles, and condening violent disturbs understanding that a lot of times is the very same police that starts this violent disturbs. but during this 13 years, the situation have only gotten worse to teh point that even eldery people doesn't care top go out to teh streets, even if the gasses affects them the most. I can't condone people throwing rocks and breaking glasses of big corporative buildings anymore and setting fires to stuff like mac donalds. because for the first time politicians and media have been forced to not laugh in our faces, and even have to adjust their lies on the fly, exposing them within seconds (right now a news channel was showing footage of violent protest in order to instill fear and disraught while teh government tries to pass some ridiculous anti protest laws, and at the same time tons of people started uploading footage of them watching the news and recording the places were "supposedly" there were violent rioting, and the places were completely normal.)
That's actually very insightful. I never thought about how other countries who might be going through a similar position see Edelgard. Gives me an idea of what other people see in her even if I can't see it.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I see Edelgard's war as similar in a lot of ways to the French Revolution, which doesn't necessarily have a clear right and wrong consistently throughout. Edelgard's a morally gray protagonist in a series whose heroes are typically Norman Rockwell Eagle Scouts, and that's very cool.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I see Edelgard's war as similar in a lot of ways to the French Revolution, which doesn't necessarily have a clear right and wrong consistently throughout. Edelgard's a morally gray protagonist in a series whose heroes are typically Norman Rockwell Eagle Scouts, and that's very cool.
You can really draw many parallels between Edelgard and Robespierre, with the actual real man being even bloodier than Edelgard and still regarded in a positive light by many historians due to his accomplishments as a father of modern society and that "he was simply forced to do those things by the circumstances", again just like Edelgard.

As an Italian I also see parallels between her "conquest" and how Italy was unified back in the 19th century, when it was split into different states but with the same culture and the Kingdom of Sardinia decided to reunited the country in order to make it an actual State, and in order to do that they had to start several wars.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
You can really draw many parallels between Edelgard and Robespierre, with the actual real man being even bloodier than Edelgard and still regarded in a positive light by many historians due to his accomplishments as a father of modern society and that "he was simply forced to do those things by the circumstances", again just like Edelgard.

As an Italian I also see parallels between her "conquest" and how Italy was unified back in the 19th century, when it was split into different states but with the same culture and the Kingdom of Sardinia decided to reunited the country in order to make it an actual State, and in order to do that they had to start several wars.
That's a great comparison! I find that a lot of the attacks against Edelgard are rooted in a pretty reductive comparison of her to Nazism/Fascism/etc, when if you're aware of some more suitable historical parallels the nuances of the situation are much easier to appreciate.

Troykv

Smash Master
That's a great comparison! I find that a lot of the attacks against Edelgard are rooted in a pretty reductive comparison of her to Nazism/Fascism/etc, when if you're aware of some more suitable historical parallels the nuances of the situation are much easier to appreciate.
People are easy to condemn something as fascism when that character acts as "patriot" (I imagine some people believe that Edelgard should have abandoned Adrestia and let it explode itself).

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I imagine some people believe that Edelgard should have abandoned Adrestia and let it explode itself
But if she lets it implode that would just give TWSITD another leg up, wouldn't it? One less army to deal with in the aftermath even if the Church of Seiros is their main priority. Man, so disappointing Crimson Flower ends off on only the Church and doesn't use the extra 4 chapters it could've had to attack Shambala. Though, I suppose that was meant to be saved for Golden Deer with it's complete 180 final boss. I totally didn't expect to get what we did in that route at all, then again it's a totally different and unique take to the average final boss is a super dragon or super monster.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Man, so disappointing Crimson Flower ends off on only the Church and doesn't use the extra 4 chapters it could've had to attack Shambala..
After having played Verdant Wind. It would've taken Hubert one month to figure out the location of the hideout after the Slitherers nuked Arianrhod.
I've recently envisioned a Crimson Flower Part 3 to play like this:
Chapter 19: Enbarr becomes a temp hub world. Inside the Imperial Throne Room, the Slitherers betray Edelgard and you have to fend them off.
Chapter 20: Hubert deduces their hideout and you raid Shambala
Chapter 21: I suppose this would be the final boss in the sense it parallels Silver Snow only ending at 21.
- Either a revived Immaculate One as a half cyborg dragon
- Nemesis
- Or something outrageous like Thales piloting a mech dragon

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Inside the Imperial Throne Room, the Slitherers betray Edelgard and you have to fend them off.
I mean you were already going to betray them anyway, it's only a matter of time on that front. Either of the sides immediately turning would be realistic.

As for the final boss

I can see Thales doing what Nemesis did and drinking what was left of Rhea's blood to become something like Nemesis. Maybe make a neat giant dragon weapon out of it too. like a gun

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
But if she lets it implode that would just give TWSITD another leg up, wouldn't it? One less army to deal with in the aftermath even if the Church of Seiros is their main priority. Man, so disappointing Crimson Flower ends off on only the Church and doesn't use the extra 4 chapters it could've had to attack Shambala. Though, I suppose that was meant to be saved for Golden Deer with it's complete 180 final boss. I totally didn't expect to get what we did in that route at all, then again it's a totally different and unique take to the average final boss is a super dragon or super monster.
Yeah, basically, making that alliance was need.

I imagine they would had something weird for the Post-Rhea stuff in CF, which would need some new maps (CF already uses a pair of locations that aren't used anywhere else, in the game).

I wonder if there still more potential for more free update just like with Jeritza.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I find it kind of odd that the marketing and her position in all the stories (no matter what route you choose, Byleth dies to save Edelgard in the prolouge before Soothis steps in) that she ends up with the shortest route. Perhaps they treated it as the "easy mode" but it still stands out awkwardly.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I find it kind of odd that the marketing and her position in all the stories (no matter what route you choose, Byleth dies to save Edelgard in the prolouge before Soothis steps in) that she ends up with the shortest route. Perhaps they treated it as the "easy mode" but it still stands out awkwardly.
It honestly doesn't make any sense to me. The only explanation I can come up with is that they viewed Black Eagles as already having extra content due to the church route and thus skimped on Edelgard's, but it still feels pretty lame.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I don't think it was meant to be an easy mode, honestly. CF chapter 13 and the final boss are usually called some of the most difficult maps in the game from what I've seen.

D

Deleted member

I know nothing about Edelgard and FE 3 Houses as a whole, yet my mind still wants to make me enter this thread.

Weird how things work sometimes.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I feel because they envisioned her route as the final one to be played, since it's technically the secret route of the game.
You alredy knew all the details from the other routes so it doesn't need much pandering, and having it being shorter means the war ends quicklier and with less victims (like no Groundier Battle for istance).

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I feel because they envisioned her route as the final one to be played, since it's technically the secret route of the game.
You alredy knew all the details from the other routes so it doesn't need much pandering, and having it being shorter means the war ends quicklier and with less victims (like no Groundier Battle for istance).
It's still beyond weird to me that you miss Edelgard's route by default after how she was presented as the center of the game's marketing. Like, what? There's such a disconnect between how she's treated in the gameplay and everything else surrounding the character. At a bare minimum, you should always be presented with the choice to select her route, not have to talk to her while exploring to do it.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I managed to get the Crimson Flower route instead of the Silver Snow route on my first run because pre-release I made it my goal to S-Support Edelgard with Byleth, lol.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I managed to get the Crimson Flower route instead of the Silver Snow route on my first run because pre-release I made it my goal to S-Support Edelgard with Byleth, lol.
Male or female Byleth? I think Edeleth is more popular with female.

Troykv

Smash Master
I think that is how the route was discovered in the first place xD

Talking to Edelgard in Chapter 11 is something you would naturally do if you want to get higher Support (so C+ at that point is a given)

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
It's still beyond weird to me that you miss Edelgard's route by default after how she was presented as the center of the game's marketing. Like, what? There's such a disconnect between how she's treated in the gameplay and everything else surrounding the character. At a bare minimum, you should always be presented with the choice to select her route, not have to talk to her while exploring to do it.
Considering how easy it is to build support with Edelgard, and as long as your talking to your students during exploration, you have to go out of your way to lock yourself out of Crimson Flower. Like you'd have to be either intentionally doing it to get Silver Snow, or be straight up incompetent at the game.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Male or female Byleth? I think Edeleth is more popular with female.
Male.

Female Byleth with Edelgard is definitely more popular as I see art of them on Twitter all the time. Which I get it, but it's also a shame because I rarely see Male Byleth art. :(

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm doing my Maddening run with Edelgard and I think that's all I'm going to play out of 3 Houses, because that would mean I've played all 3 Houses. Currently I'm tearing Derdriu apart, convenient that the Jeritza update came out just as I got to the timeskip.

I would play Silver Snow, but I've already played Verdant Wind and that's near-identical save for the final boss. :nifty:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm doing my Maddening run with Edelgard and I think that's all I'm going to play out of 3 Houses, because that would mean I've played all 3 Houses. Currently I'm tearing Derdriu apart, convenient that the Jeritza update came out just as I got to the timeskip.

I would play Silver Snow, but I've already played Verdant Wind and that's near-identical save for the final boss. :nifty:
Also keep in mind that you can
Spare Claude. However, to do so, either Byleth or Edelgard needs to be the one to defeat him.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Here's a question. As part of the Wave 3 DLC, there's a new quest given to you by the House Leader you picked. This quest has you gathering information on a place called "Abyss" that is located somewhere in Garreg Mach. We all know at this point that part of the Wave 4 DLC will include a "Abyss Mode", which may or may not be the new story content (I honestly can't tell). If this IS the story content, how do you reckon it will play out? It doesn't seem like you'll have to pick a specific house, at least.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Here's a question. As part of the Wave 3 DLC, there's a new quest given to you by the House Leader you picked. This quest has you gathering information on a place called "Abyss" that is located somewhere in Garreg Mach. We all know at this point that part of the Wave 4 DLC will include a "Abyss Mode", which may or may not be the new story content (I honestly can't tell). If this IS the story content, how do you reckon it will play out? It doesn't seem like you'll have to pick a specific house, at least.
You jump down into the Bottomless Canon (the eponymous abyss) to fight Anankos.

. . .Okay, I have no idea.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Also keep in mind that you can
Spare Claude. However, to do so, either Byleth or Edelgard needs to be the one to defeat him.
I'm aware, and that's my intention.

I know that each of the main Lord's leverage is that their goal is lost and hopeless without you, woe is them, for only if you went to their side. Gotta exemplify the ever-important presence of the create-a-character avatar.

Troykv

Smash Master
I'm aware, and that's my intention.

I know that each of the main Lord's leverage is that their goal is lost and hopeless without you, woe is them, for only if you went to their side. Gotta exemplify the ever-important presence of the create-a-character avatar.
To be fair Claude's dream is quite insane for his power level, so he really needs that the situations ended up in his side to be able to properly do it (and the stars only perfectly align in Verdant Wind)

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
To be fair Claude's dream is quite insane for his power level, so he really needs that the situations ended up in his side to be able to properly do it (and the stars only perfectly align in Verdant Wind)
Yeah but we must admit, they fall pretty close in every other route. I suppose Silver Snow is an exception since they don't dabble much on Claude

Plus the fact he went MIA, which I assume just means he dipped the country. Again.

Never understood the Dimitri cutscene in Silver Snow though. Was that his ghost or something?

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
If you don't choose a house I really think this might be the "all unite" route.
Which would make sense because they say that it's a very dangerous place, so a collaboration between everyone might work.
I wonder tho what would be inside there, considering that it would span over some chapters and would also need to have an ending.
Maybe
They find Patricia who convinces Edelgard and Dimitri to listen to each other
But that's just the first thing that comes to my mind.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If you don't choose a house I really think this might be the "all unite" route.
Which would make sense because they say that it's a very dangerous place, so a collaboration between everyone might work.
I wonder tho what would be inside there, considering that it would span over some chapters and would also need to have an ending.
Maybe
They find Patricia who convinces Edelgard and Dimitri to listen to each other
But that's just the first thing that comes to my mind.
That would be interesting, but that barely gives Claude any importance to the story.

Say she fled to a foreign land like Sreng or Almyra, something related to Claude and his efforts to kill the CEO of Racism. It would also be expected if she was used by TWSITD as leverage or something because Arundel is a piece of ****.

Speaking of TWSITD, I'm assuming, if it is story-related, the "abyss" refers to the fact they live underground. Maybe there's more to dubstep land than we know of after all.

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
"Abyss Mode" also sounds like it could be some kind of wave survival mode.
If that's the case I think that would be a side the Story Content previusly announced since they announced it would have "several chapters".

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
So, the Game Awards are announcing their nominees soon, and I've seen a lot of people saying that Three Houses should be GOTY. While I don't know if that'll actually happen, I CAN see it being nominated for Best RPG. What do you guys think of the chances of Three Houses being at the Awards?

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
So, the Game Awards are announcing their nominees soon, and I've seen a lot of people saying that Three Houses should be GOTY. While I don't know if that'll actually happen, I CAN see it being nominated for Best RPG. What do you guys think of the chances of Three Houses being at the Awards?
Depends on what other awards are there, but I wouldn't be super shocked to see it up for one or two awards. Same for Smash

D

Deleted member

It seems to be a likely candidato for the best RPG catheghory based on how much love the game gets online both from fans and other kinds of players.

I sadly can't talk from personal experience since I haven't played Three Houses. But I would be cool if it got nominated.

Too bad that DQXI S can't get nominated doh. I loved that game.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Hopefully the Game Awards doesn't overlook Smash Bros. Ultimate or Devil May Cry 5. I'd think that those games would be eligible for this year's awards, seeing as they released after last year's awards, and I'd hate for them to not be included because of recency bias or something.

As for Fire Emblem, I'm not sure if it would win game of the year, but at the very least, I'd think that it would be a strong candidate for best strategy/RPG.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hopefully the Game Awards doesn't overlook Smash Bros. Ultimate or Devil May Cry 5. I'd think that those games would be eligible for this year's awards, seeing as they released after last year's awards, and I'd hate for them to not be included because of recency bias or something.
RE2 Remake should win best horror game.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Also, the player avatar is purposely raised by the church of Seiros to be uber-capable, so it'd be silly if you were controlling some country bumpkin or something like that.

As for Fire Emblem, I'm not sure if it would win game of the year, but at the very least, I'd think that it would be a strong candidate for best strategy/RPG.
Meanwhile, I'm still waiting to see if NF wins best racing game of the year.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Also, the player avatar is purposely raised by the church of Seiros to be uber-capable, so it'd be silly if you were controlling some country bumpkin or something like that.

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting to see if NF wins best racing game of the year.
No? Byleth's skill was due to their training from Jeralt. Byleth never even knew about the church until the game's events

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
This is basically as far from the truth as you can get...? Why comment things like this when you clearly haven't played the game

Top Bottom