• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edelgard von Hresvelg - Black Eagles House Leader

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh hey, we managed to hit 1000 replies. Congrats, everyone.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Is it selfish of me to hope Jeritza is CF-exclusive. I mean Azure Moon already has the most recruits and is the most "complete" out of the routes, the least they can do (seeing as they're no plans to polish up CF) is give them this. Would also give the Dimitri/BL stans a reason to even care aboout CF since some of them won't even touch that route with ten foot pole because "I don't want to fight muh pwcious baby Dimitri uwu!'
It's already established Jeritza is only playable on certain routes. While the obvious of course would be Crimson Flower, a case could be made for Azure Moon
The first step is to recruit Caspar to Blue Lions because he is required alongside Mercedes for a paralogue only available on Part 2.
That paralogue needs to be completed before taking on the Impregnable Fortress which is Chapter 20 on BL, and the 7th Month on the Calendar.
Have Mercedes be the one to "kill" Death Knight on that map.
A little cutscene plays and Death Knight joins the Blue Lions.

I just hope Jeritza has supports with Lysithea and they can reach A rank together.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
It's already established Jeritza is only playable on certain routes. While the obvious of course would be Crimson Flower, a case could be made for Azure Moon
The first step is to recruit Caspar to Blue Lions because he is required alongside Mercedes for a paralogue only available on Part 2.
That paralogue needs to be completed before taking on the Impregnable Fortress which is Chapter 20 on BL, and the 7th Month on the Calendar.

I just hope Jeritza has supports with Lysithea and they can reach A rank together.
Well that could work also in the other routes besides Azure Moon, so I'm not too sure that might actually be the case sinnce they alreadu stated it's only in certain routes.
Plus
it would make a problem the the chapter 20 map since the Death Knight is the boss, so they would have to change that too, and that seems too much work for a free DLC character

Troykv

Smash Master

To be fair the japanese isn't very clear about single or plural.

So it would be 3 Routes... or only 1 Route.

We should at least expect him in CF thought.

Icelerate

Smash Apprentice
I just used up my free summoning tickets in FEH and ended up getting Edelgard!!! She may be +spd -def but I don't mind at all! I have never been so excited to get a unit since Micaiah.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I just used up my free summoning tickets in FEH and ended up getting Edelgard!!! She may be +spd -def but I don't mind at all! I have never been so excited to get a unit since Micaiah.
Congrats! Edelgard is fantastic in Heroes, and +Spd helps her not get doubled as much, so that's a plus.

Troykv

Smash Master
Congrats! Edelgard is fantastic in Heroes, and +Spd helps her not get doubled as much, so that's a plus.
With Edelgard there aren't bad boons or banes; she definitely likes Atk/Def mostly, but she can definitely take advantage of Spd and Res depending how you build her; her Spd/Res aren't low enough to be unviable.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Since things are a little slow these days, here are some cool fan arts of Edelgard, if you are interested:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
So, I recently beat the Crimson Flower route (that final boss was a pain), and I was wondering... should I go ahead and start New Game+? Or should I wait and see what the DLC has in store, since we still don't know about the story content?

Calamitas

Smash Champion
So, I recently beat the Crimson Flower route (that final boss was a pain), and I was wondering... should I go ahead and start New Game+? Or should I wait and see what the DLC has in store, since we still don't know about the story content?
Just go for New Game+. The story DLC probably won't be out for another half year or so.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
So, they just announced that Daemon X Machina spirits are coming to Smash Ultimate. Is it just me, or does that make the lack of Three Houses spirits a bit more... noticeable? Not trying to get any hopes up, but I thought I'd point that out.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
So, they just announced that Daemon X Machina spirits are coming to Smash Ultimate. Is it just me, or does that make the lack of Three Houses spirits a bit more... noticeable? Not trying to get any hopes up, but I thought I'd point that out.
It is extremely suspicious considering how much Nintendo likes to shill FE.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
This. If Corrin wasn't too recent then Edelgard definitely isn't either. Fates wasn't even out at the time.
In America at least.

I presume it's easier to be reactive to new releases when you have a lot less on your plate to worry about building.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Hmm, fair point then.

I just don't want people to go "ah ha, my deductive skills tell me there's only going to be increasingly expensive third parties!", only to faceplant when something that goes against that reasoning happens.

I mean really, you gotta have a balance, ya know? 4 had that, even if most first-parties were veterans.

D

Deleted member

Corrin was released in February when Fates had released in June of the previous year. By the time we get Fighter #5, Edelgard will be about as recent as Corrin was when they released.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Corrin was released in February when Fates had released in June of the previous year. By the time we get Fighter #5, Edelgard will be about as recent as Corrin was when they released.
When Corrin was announced though, it wasn't even out in the west. If Edelgard were to be announced right now it would already be less recent for us at least.

D

Deleted member

When Corrin was announced though, it wasn't even out in the west. If Edelgard were to be announced right now it would already be less recent for us at least.
But that's because Fates had different release dates for Japan, the Americas and Europe. What counts is the initial release date more than anything.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
It's clear that releasing a 3 houses character next year (cause i don't think the 5th dlc character is a fire emblem one) would clearly be waay better recieved than corrin.

I do wonder what would be the reaction of the anti fire emblem people... i mean... 3 houses is not only proving to be the best recieved modern fire emblem, but also a console defining title...sois not like it would be only added cause "fire emblem bias".

Regarding 3 houses and edelgard... i think that by far this is the fire emblem with my favourite lords... i usually not super into FE lords... probably Ike was teh one i enjoyed the most. but still i feel that I even like more Dimitry, my least favorite 3h lord than Ike, my favorite FE lord. and not because i dislike Ike.

Byleth on teh other hand was.. a little meh :/ not bad, but.... heh? i still think that i prefer robion... but i guess it also is a factor that i dodn't enjoyed much chrom, and only ejoyed midly lucina, in contrast with how much ive enjoyed the 3 houses lords.

Troykv

Smash Master
But that's because Fates had different release dates for Japan, the Americas and Europe. What counts is the initial release date more than anything.
And Edelgard/Byleth is unlikely to be the fifth character released; so she would most likely be a April/May Character; which it's already a 9/10 month difference between the Three Houses release (July 2019) and the DLC (April/May 2020).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If we assume Edelgard is post-Pass, maybe we'll see her around the time when Three Houses's final DLC releases.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
If we assume Edelgard is post-Pass, maybe we'll see her around the time when Three Houses's final DLC releases.
just for the record... have been one smash character either announced on released in tandem with any special date or release of any of it's original games? :s

Daaamn... i really want more switch stuff on ultimate... give me more mario odyssey levels DX.... and BOTW champion mii outfits ... or something...

as i proposed in other thread.. i really think that a Garreg mach officer's academy mii outfit would be great.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If the narrative of the pass only having third-parties hold up, Edelgard or whomever getting revealed afterwards would make sense. If they don't stick to a rigid DLC structure, they'll have carte blanche to focus on any characters they want to go with next.

just for the record... have been one smash character either announced on released in tandem with any special date or release of any of it's original games? :s

Daaamn... i really want more switch stuff on ultimate... give me more mario odyssey levels DX.... and BOTW champion mii outfits ... or something...

as i proposed in other thread.. i really think that a Garreg mach officer's academy mii outfit would be great.
As far as I know, the only surefire one is :ultlittlemac:, who was revealed the exact same month the arcade Punch-Out came to the West.

Aside maybe from a few, they never have a character's unveiling coincide with the anniversary or special date of whatever they've got.

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500

As far as I can remember most of those kind of announcements were during Smash For's "Pic of the Day" period.
Olimar was announced the day Pikmin 3 came out.
Toon Link when Wind Waker HD was released.
King Dedede was revealed the day Kirby Triple Deluxe was released in Japan
As for Ultimate the only one is Isabelle being announced in the same Direct as New Horizon.

But there are also several cases of characters being announced without any real "event" to commemorate.
Rosalina was not revealed alongside her 3D World debut, but rather a couple if months after the game's release.
Greninja was not revealed when X/Y were released but around 6 months later.
And of course most of Ultimate's newcomers were revealed without any significance to their date. Someone might argue that Joker was announced during the VGA because Persona 5 was a candidate for GOTY the year it came out, but that's a bit of a stretch.

And now I desperately want a Mii outfit based on the Garrech Mach uniform...and also one based on the Death Knight.
C'mon, with the Mii proportions it would look silly and I want it, and they had no problem doing it with the Dark Knight...

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
BTW, feel ree to add me to the support list. while i wil be happy with any 3 houses character, edelgard is my fave, and now that the game is out and i played it... yeah, i actually support.

(not like this support lists mean anything though :V)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I've beaten the Black Eagle route for Fire Emblem Three Houses! I think I'll take a break from FE (I want to get through my backlog and avoid burn-out), though just from that route, I think it might be my favourite Fire Emblem game. (then again, I've only played Awakening and half of one route of Fates)

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

Isn't every Smash except the first like this, though? Melee was largely a continuation of the 64-fest, Brawl went up to Gamecube mostly and most major Nintendo additions of 4 were from the Wii era.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
As much as I want to continue hoping for Edelgard, a part of me may have to accept also the possibility of Byleth getting in instead. As it stands now: Byleth has more going for them simply due to being the actual player character and is the safer and less "controversial" choice. Unless Sakurai wants to do something different which I hope he does after the 2nd avatar character and the over-abundance of swordies on the FE side (hence why part of me now feels Corrin ruined everything). Playing 3Hs made me realize just how much the FE side in Smash is so stale and doesn't perfectly convey the series too well which I imagine is an issue the FE fandom also feels.

Or they pull an Awakening and add both Byleth AND Edelgard ala Robin and Lucina. And why not, add in Dimitri and Claude there as well for maximum salt from the Smash fanbases lol.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I know the fandom likes to tie a character's Smash reveal with another game they're gonna appear in, but just looking at Ultimate's lineup, very few had that dual reveal. I think :ultinkling: and :ultisabelle: were the only ones to have that. Sure :ulthero: had DQ XI S follow the Smash reveal, but I wouldn't call that a true "dual reveal" because DQ XI S was revealed at TGS 2018. DQ XI for Switch was even one of the first games announced for the console when we only knew it under the codename NX.

Basically, don't expect a Smash reveal/release to happen alongside a DLC update for Three Houses. All of that would be done on the terms of their respective developers. If it happens, it's more than likely to be a coincidence.

On the other hand, if we actually get a Spirits update for Three Houses, then expect this Smash fandom to dismiss the chances of any TH rep from happening because they love to speculate in absolutes.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Isn't every Smash except the first like this, though? Melee was largely a continuation of the 64-fest, Brawl went up to Gamecube mostly and most major Nintendo additions of 4 were from the Wii era.
That's caused by the fact that Sakurai plans everything at the start of development, so anything that is made or announced after that point isn't going to be added in any big way.
But that's a problem of the base game, and DLC can help about that. Smash For had a Mario Maker stage and of course Corrin, so Ultimate's new wave can help about adding more characters and content from current games.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Does Edelgard wear heavy armor? In the trailers, it looks like she always wears her red outfits.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Yeah, she clanks like crazy walking around the map after the timeskip. She could very easily be our first super-heavyweight bruiser female character. I'd love to see her get in as her post-timeskip form with strength and weight on par with Ganon; that'd be very cool.

As far as recency, as long as they avoid particular story spoilers (which will be easy to do), I think they could safely include any Three Houses lord in SSBU.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah, she clanks like crazy walking around the map after the timeskip. She could very easily be our first super-heavyweight bruiser female character. I'd love to see her get in as her post-timeskip form with strength and weight on par with Ganon; that'd be very cool.

As far as recency, as long as they avoid particular story spoilers (which will be easy to do), I think they could safely include any Three Houses lord in SSBU.
Honestly there aren't really any opportunities to spoil anything. They'd honestly have to go out of their way.

Only ones I could think of (outside of outlandish things like Kronya killing Jeralt in the background of the stage or something) would be evolving spirits. You know, like Rhea evolving into Seiros or The Immaculate One, or Edelgard evolving into The Flame Emperor.

Even then though evolving spirits would probably be reserved for the House Leaders and their timeskip versions.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
For me, the fact we did not get any spirits for Three Houses but we are getting some for Daemon x Machina is a bit suspicious to me imo. Then again Astral Chain did not get anything so *shrug*

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
For me, the fact we did not get any spirits for Three Houses but we are getting some for Daemon x Machina is a bit suspicious to me imo. Then again Astral Chain did not get anything so *shrug*
TBH it's even more suspicious than Astral Chain since FE is already represented in Smash and even had a collaboration with Tetris 99.
With that said I also think that Akira is possible for the next batch of DLC, so I think it's relevant for both games.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
TBH it's even more suspicious than Astral Chain since FE is already represented in Smash and even had a collaboration with Tetris 99.
With that said I also think that Akira is possible for the next batch of DLC, so I think it's relevant for both games.
The Tetris collab makes it more jarring as just every big Nintendo release other than Stand Cop and 3H got spirits and even DxM got a spirit. Perhaps they're both being considered as post pass DLC?

Top Bottom