• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edelgard von Hresvelg - Black Eagles House Leader

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Hot take: considering societal differences and Edelgard lacking the luxury of stealing hearts, there's a good chance Joker would be on board with what Edelgard is ultimately trying to do. He does technically operate outside the laws of his own society...

I can also see post-game Rex agreeing due to his experience with Amalthus and the Praetorium, even if he wouldn't be happy about it.
Makes me wonder if the colors would truly indicate if Yu would most agree with Claude and/or Minato would most agree with Dimitri.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Hot take: considering societal differences and Edelgard lacking the luxury of stealing hearts, there's a good chance Joker would be on board with what Edelgard is ultimately trying to do. He does technically operate outside the laws of his own society...

I can also see post-game Rex agreeing due to his experience with Amalthus and the Praetorium, even if he wouldn't be happy about it.
Is this your pitch for a DLC pack?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

It's funny you say that, the way TH is structured has drawn some comparisons to SMT.

Nihilem

Smash Apprentice

I can hardly see Mr. Nice Guy Rex supporting any offensive act against a sovereign nation that only defends itself. Exspecially if that leads to the killing in hundreds of militia troops who only want to defend their home against foreign invaders.

So supporting in the sense of saying be careful around a church with centralized power - maybe. Actually fighting in Edelgards war - definetly not.

Troykv

Smash Master
I wonder how much will affect the DLC Stories from the April Update to the overall lore; while they definitely don't look like actual new routes, it seems to explore ideas that are unexplored or explored uncompletely in the game.

I wonder if any of the Updates will give some kind of post-game to any of the routes; this specially notable with Edelgard's route, where while it's pretty obvious why the main story ended and the credits appeared after defeating that character, her story is far from done...

compared with Claude's Story that deals with pretty much every potential threat in one way or another; and a new Golden Age can properly start.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I can hardly see Mr. Nice Guy Rex supporting any offensive act against a sovereign nation that only defends itself. Exspecially if that leads to the killing in hundreds of militia troops who only want to defend their home against foreign invaders.

So supporting in the sense of saying be careful around a church with centralized power - maybe. Actually fighting in Edelgards war - definetly not.
The Rex who was anti-violence to the point of refusing to provide anything to military efforts even as he struggled to make ends meet gets it hammered into his skull over and over that sometimes death is unavoidable and necessary, and that he can't always trust his feelings to make decisions for him. Even before most of that, when he watches the play Tora and Poppi made about Mor Ardain's resource crisis and the possibility of having to go to war to resolve it, he cannot give a clear answer to the conundrum provided. Were he so principled he would have elected not to go to war right away.

In general he tries not to meddle in the affairs of kingdoms/countries without getting the whole story. That, in addition to having bigger fish to fry is largely why he doesn't deal with Amalthus directly: not enough evidence of his wrongdoing. Otherwise he doesn't feel it's his place to judge who's right and who's wrong solely based on methods. My example runs with the assumption that he has received enough intel to get a good grasp of Fodlan's whole situation. Either way, does not imply that he's OK with Edelgard's methods, just that he'd likely consider it preferable to the alternative.

I wonder how much will affect the DLC Stories from the April Update to the overall lore; while they definitely don't look like actual new routes, it seems to explore ideas that are unexplored or explored uncompletely in the game.

I wonder if any of the Updates will give some kind of post-game to any of the routes; this specially notable with Edelgard's route, where while it's pretty obvious why the main story ended and the credits appeared after defeating that character, her story is far from done...

compared with Claude's Story that deals with pretty much every potential threat in one way or another; and a new Golden Age can properly start.
Didn't they say the DLC will not involve any kind of post-story content? That said, you could still add a chapter or two to Edelgard's route about dealing with TWSITD and it's leader, with the ending text still making sense as dealing with stragglers or remnants.

Troykv

Smash Master
The Rex who was anti-violence to the point of refusing to provide anything to military efforts even as he struggled to make ends meet gets it hammered into his skull over and over that sometimes death is unavoidable and necessary, and that he can't always trust his feelings to make decisions for him. Even before most of that, when he watches the play Tora and Poppi made about Mor Ardain's resource crisis and the possibility of having to go to war to resolve it, he cannot give a clear answer to the conundrum provided. Were he so principled he would have elected not to go to war right away.

In general he tries not to meddle in the affairs of kingdoms/countries without getting the whole story. That, in addition to having bigger fish to fry is largely why he doesn't deal with Amalthus directly: not enough evidence of his wrongdoing. Otherwise he doesn't feel it's his place to judge who's right and who's wrong solely based on methods. My example runs with the assumption that he has received enough intel to get a good grasp of Fodlan's whole situation. Either way, does not imply that he's OK with Edelgard's methods, just that he'd likely consider it preferable to the alternative.

Didn't they say the DLC will not involve any kind of post-story content? That said, you could still add a chapter or two to Edelgard's route about dealing with TWSITD and it's leader, with the ending text still making sense as dealing with stragglers or remnants.
Oh; I'm not expecting the content of the Expansion DLC to be post-story content; at least not the one presented here; but nothing stops them of doing so through stand-out DLC or even free updates (after all this game it's still lacking some stuff that it was supposed to be part of the base game that will be included as free updates like the Lunatic and Maddening Difficulties).

Oh; and I guess I'm a Edelgard Supporter now xDU.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I honestly don't really feel a strong urge to play the Black Eagle route, having almost finished the Blue Lions route now.

My thoughts below:

Even if Dimitri was filled with rage and blood lust, when he got over it, he wanted nothing more but to at least try a diplomatic approach with Edelgard. She shows no real remorse anyway. She doesn't exactly sympathise with her House students in her route either, sacrifising Bernadette for example on that burning tower.. working with Those Who Slither In The Dark and other questionable persons as her uncle Arundel. She befriends people from Gereg Mach soley to betray them... She's a literal villain in EVERY ROUTE, INCLUDING HER OWN! Her own route isn't easily accesable, so in no way would I consider Edelgard's motivations to be just, because her default path in her very own route makes you side with the Church instead. Her motives are very self-righteous, just as Dimitri said, willing to sacrifise the whole living generation for a future that's not guranteed to be better under her rule especially as a tyrant. She would subdue all of Fodlan for a future which isn't promised to be better if they can't deal with the dark insiders of her own country...

I might play the Church route of Black Eagles, and might play her own route at the very last, just for perspective. I'll first play Golden Deer and Church Eagles however.

Long story short, Dimitri is best Lord.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I honestly don't really feel a strong urge to play the Black Eagle route, having almost finished the Blue Lions route now.

My thoughts below:

Even if Dimitri was filled with rage and blood lust, when he got over it, he wanted nothing more but to at least try a diplomatic approach with Edelgard. She shows no real remorse anyway. She doesn't exactly sympathise with her House students in her route either, sacrifising Bernadette for example on that burning tower.. working with Those Who Slither In The Dark and other questionable persons as her uncle Arundel. She befriends people from Gereg Mach soley to betray them... She's a literal villain in EVERY ROUTE, INCLUDING HER OWN! Her own route isn't easily accesable, so in no way would I consider Edelgard's motivations to be just, because her default path in her very own route makes you side with the Church instead. Her motives are very self-righteous, just as Dimitri said, willing to sacrifise the whole living generation for a future that's not guranteed to be better under her rule especially as a tyrant. She would subdue all of Fodlan for a future which isn't promised to be better if they can't deal with the dark insiders of her own country...

I might play the Church route of Black Eagles, and might play her own route at the very last, just for perspective. I'll first play Golden Deer and Church Eagles however.

Long story short, Dimitri is best Lord.
Try not to use baseless hypotheticals in your arguments. I could just as easily throw back there's no guarantee Dimitri or Claude's way of running things will be better than what came before.

Just as Dimitri learns to let go of his rage and take responsibility in his route, Edelgard learns not to be so overzealous when Byleth is supporting her. The fact that her route is semi-hidden is also a pretty flimsy argument against her: it just means that her path is harder and less intuitive than trying to maintain the status quo. At the end of the day we may never find out if her way was truly the best or not, but we can certainly infer enough on the information we have now, and I'm fairly confident that if Rhea was allowed to have her way as archbishop with Byleth in her current half-good, half-evil state, she would've just groomed him/her to perpetuate the corrupt crest system. She had to be ousted from power somehow, and words weren't doing a thing.

Where'd you get the notion Edelgard doesn't care for her subjects, though? I could see that wild Bernadetta example you pulled on the Blue Lions route where she's at her worst maybe, but everywhere else she's actually very considerate to them, giving the classmates every chance to walk away if they don't agree with her, and even Seteth can see that Edelgard treats her troops well on the church route.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Just finished Edelgard's route.

God, I want her in Smash now.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Edelgard is essentially Dany, Arvis, Lelouch, and Rudolf rolled into one. Sign me up.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Regardless of one's opinion of her as a character, she's probably Fire Emblem's best shot for an "antagonist" character in Smash, something the Heroes vs. Villains event tourney has made me all too aware of it lacking at the moment.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Regardless of one's opinion of her as a character, she's probably Fire Emblem's best shot for an "antagonist" character in Smash, something the Heroes vs. Villains event tourney has made me all too aware of it lacking at the moment.
I really really want to see fan art of her stuck in the middle as :ultmarth: and :ultganondorf: try to sway her to either side.

Besides, my dream of Zelgius getting in here is but a fleeting one, so she'd be the next best thing.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I really really want to see fan art of her stuck in the middle as :ultmarth: and :ultganondorf: try to sway her to either side.

Besides, my dream of Zelgius getting in here is but a fleeting one, so she'd be the next best thing.
As fun as it would be to see potential teeth-clenched teamwork between her and Ganondorf, realistically she probably wouldn't consider it a good idea as he's far too shrewd and powerful to simply do away with once he's worn out his usefulness, especially in the Smash verse where she'd probably be without her armies. A showdown between Demon King Ganon and... that thing Edelgard does at the end of Blue Lions would be pretty dope to see, though. An alliance with Ridley could be more plausible, although that would depend on exactly how lowly he views humans, ie if he considers it beneath him to even pretend to ally with one. Samus at least would have great difficulty trusting Edelgard if this went through, but then she may not end up being so different if they ever continue the Metroid story post-Fusion... wonder how opinions of her would shift if she ends up working with (what's left of) the Space Pirates or other anti-Federation group.

Most likely she'd be with the heroes from the start (possibly after evaluating them Meta Knight style), but you can still have tension between from either learning of her past or her suggested methods. Or she could find a surprising kindred spirit in background machinations for the greater good in... King Dedede.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
So I finished the Crimson Flower route a few days ago. I always wanted Edelgard in Smash ever since pre-release, but now I think she may have topped Celica as my most wanted Fire Emblem character.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Maybe-not-so-hot-but-I-haven't-heard-it-before take: Crimson Flower is what Fates: Conquest should have been, and Edelgard is what Conquest!Corrin should have been (tonally and thematically speaking, because the settings are pretty different). Edelgard is the morally-grey lord fans have been requesting for years yet a lot of people still hate her.

All right, I want to know one thing: is FE Warriors still a fun game despite its issues?
What "issues"? The only thing I ever see people complain about is the roster choices. The gameplay is excellent, agreed by many to be one of the best, if not the best, Warriors crossover games.

If the roster choices don't bother you and you like Musou games, it's highly recommended.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Her being morally grey doesn't really work with me. She's literally a downright tyrant, who can just sell it nicely. It wouldn't be impossible for her to work together with Dimitri at all. Since they're both heirs, with a history tighter, their common ground could've lead to a unified Empire and Kingdom. The Alliance wouldn't oppose a treat in any sort, neither would the Church of Seiros. People all over Fodlan where tired of the Crest system, Seteth arguably the wisest of the Church is against the system... It would've been so easy to have them work together. But the only one absolutely unwilling is Edelgard, in all routes....

She's therefore not morally grey. Unless you'd count Fire Emblem villains as Zephiel, Ashnard, Michalis and Arvis 'morally grey', because they had their reasons as well.

I bet that even in her own path, there's no way she's willing to compromise with Dimitri, Claude or the Church. I say that makes her a villian, because 75% of the routes have her as the absolute villain. Logic therefore implies, she's a villain. Maybe not completely evil, but evil enough to subdue a continent. In real world terms, that's evil.

I say she compares most to Zephiel in terms of ambition and reasoning. Except Zephiel isn't a backstabber who hides his identity. He also had way stronger opposition, Bern was conquering all of Elibe in a fast rapid pace. Ardestia had problems conquering their neighbors fully even with 5 years of warfare.

I tell you, Blue Lions is the route. It's the way we've been playing Fire Emblem for years. So it's the one route I'm most comfortable with.

Also Byleth is 100% capable of making wrong decisions. It's not like them siding with one or other makes it a righteous choice. Remember what Byleth is in the story:
A divine dragon reborn in a new body. Just like Rhea, she intuitively felt Sothis inside them the first moment they made contact. Maybe even in the womb of the mother. I think Byleth might even be the product of genetic manipulation because of Rhea and the Church in the desire to bring back Sothis , the mother of Rhea, before it was actually time... Byleth is therefore no supreme God or Creator, capable of making the exact same faults as Rhea has before. And other divine dragons in Emblem lore, as Duma and Mila. I think only Naga has consistently stayed sane in all of the divine dragons that really mattered in Fire Emblem. Especially since the time between Marth and Chrom is longer than Rhea's lifespan, and Naga lived long long looking before Marth as well. Byleth isn't therefore automatically just whatever choice he or she makes... In Edelgard's route, he or she is in LOVE with Edelgard and that explains their actions. Probably because Byleth isn't entirely happy with their role in the world either... You can tell by the way they interact with Jeralt. They only truly care for their father once he's gone... They aren't especially close. Jeralt showing way more affection still, and he's a total drunk because he simply knows to much. Also, I view Edelgard as responsible for the death of Jeralt. Choosing her side is also betrayal to Byleth's only family in the world. How exactly is choosing Edelgard a sane choice?

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
What "issues"? The only thing I ever see people complain about is the roster choices. The gameplay is excellent, agreed by many to be one of the best, if not the best, Warriors crossover games.

If the roster choices don't bother you and you like Musou games, it's highly recommended.
Good to know, was just keeping in mind what PSI said earlier. I'll make sure to pick up that stray copy I saw, then.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Her being morally grey doesn't really work with me. She's literally a downright tyrant, who can just sell it nicely. It wouldn't be impossible for her to work together with Dimitri at all. Since they're both heirs, with a history tighter, their common ground could've lead to a unified Empire and Kingdom. The Alliance wouldn't oppose a treat in any sort, neither would the Church of Seiros. People all over Fodlan where tired of the Crest system, Seteth arguably the wisest of the Church is against the system... It would've been so easy to have them work together. But the only one absolutely unwilling is Edelgard, in all routes....

She's therefore not morally grey. Unless you'd count Fire Emblem villains as Zephiel, Ashnard, Michalis and Arvis 'morally grey', because they had their reasons as well.

I bet that even in her own path, there's no way she's willing to compromise with Dimitri, Claude or the Church. I say that makes her a villian, because 75% of the routes have her as the absolute villain. Logic therefore implies, she's a villain. Maybe not completely evil, but evil enough to subdue a continent. In real world terms, that's evil.

I say she compares most to Zephiel in terms of ambition and reasoning. Except Zephiel isn't a backstabber who hides his identity. He also had way stronger opposition, Bern was conquering all of Elibe in a fast rapid pace. Ardestia had problems conquering their neighbors fully even with 5 years of warfare.

I tell you, Blue Lions is the route. It's the way we've been playing Fire Emblem for years. So it's the one route I'm most comfortable with.

Also Byleth is 100% capable of making wrong decisions. It's not like them siding with one or other makes it a righteous choice. Remember what Byleth is in the story:
A divine dragon reborn in a new body. Just like Rhea, she intuitively felt Sothis inside them the first moment they made contact. Maybe even in the womb of the mother. I think Byleth might even be the product of genetic manipulation because of Rhea and the Church in the desire to bring back Sothis , the mother of Rhea, before it was actually time... Byleth is therefore no supreme God or Creator, capable of making the exact same faults as Rhea has before. And other divine dragons in Emblem lore, as Duma and Mila. I think only Naga has consistently stayed sane in all of the divine dragons that really mattered in Fire Emblem. Especially since the time between Marth and Chrom is longer than Rhea's lifespan, and Naga lived long long looking before Marth as well. Byleth isn't therefore automatically just whatever choice he or she makes... In Edelgard's route, he or she is in LOVE with Edelgard and that explains their actions. Probably because Byleth isn't entirely happy with their role in the world either... You can tell by the way they interact with Jeralt. They only truly care for their father once he's gone... They aren't especially close. Jeralt showing way more affection still, and he's a total drunk because he simply knows to much. Also, I view Edelgard as responsible for the death of Jeralt. Choosing her side is also betrayal to Byleth's only family in the world. How exactly is choosing Edelgard a sane choice?
I think we all understand by now that you don't like Edelgard. Kudos. You don't have to keep repeating yourself.

Regardless, I'm not going to debate you until you actually play Edelgard's route. You keep talking big like you have her all figured out, yet you've never even seen her perspective.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

While I can't exactly debate you (I'm playing Black Eagles, and I haven't even gotten to the time skip yet), I can see you're at the very least passionate about Dimitri. Maybe you could start a support thread for him to better get your thoughts out on him.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
But the only one absolutely unwilling is Edelgard, in all routes....

I bet that even in her own path, there's no way she's willing to compromise with Dimitri, Claude or the Church.
I'm not here to argue the morality of Edelgard's actions (I think there's a genuine argument to be made that what she does, even in her own route, is not justifiable), but since you don't seem to know...

In the Black Eagles route, Dimitri is dead set on accusing Edelgard of crimes she did not commit and tells her to burn in hell. He's not open to compromise, to say the least.

Edelgard also has the option to spare Claude and come to a mutual agreement if she personally defeats him. The final confrontation with the Church also begins with her requesting a peaceful surrender, which serves the explicit secondary function of giving the citizens of the city they're in a chance to evacuate if the Church refuses.

Edelgard, at least in her own path, is open to compromise when it is available. But I mean, the whole premise of Three Houses seems to be that three out of the four faction leaders become ax crazy and you only have one therapist to go around, so that does put a limit on how much everyone can get along

Grie

Smash Apprentice
I have one problem with El, and it dosen’t have anything to do with her morals, what she as done or any of those things, it as to do with,
her stupid backstory. I mean, who asked for this? She dosen’t need some tragic backstory to be a compelling villain/character in general. Her basic motives are already pretty relatable (wishing for a world where everyone as equal rights and seeing the current system as a corrupt and broken as well as seeing the church’s action as pretty messed up) so why did they put it in. But worst part is that it creates a giant plothole that makes El look like a complete dunce. TWSITD where the ones who did the experiments on her, they are the ones who are clearly the worst in fact they took complete control over the empire and manipulated the government behind the backs of everyone, and yet not only does she say the church are the bad guys, but she collaborates with them?! And while some may say it was because the didn’t have the ressources to start a war, it crearly makes no sense because she managed to take garreg Mach with her entire military force, manipulated members of the kingdom’s government into joining them and in term put the there future king on the run without any ressources to spare and finally created a civil war within the alliance so that the imperial loyalists where able to fight for them. The only logical reason why she would ask for there aid would be to find out there location so she would then be able to wipe them out swiftly. This is such a dumb plothole that it makes the whole chosen one plot point they haded in echoes even dumber.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I have one problem with El, and it dosen’t have anything to do with her morals, what she as done or any of those things, it as to do with,
her stupid backstory. I mean, who asked for this? She dosen’t need some tragic backstory to be a compelling villain/character in general. Her basic motives are already pretty relatable (wishing for a world where everyone as equal rights and seeing the current system as a corrupt and broken as well as seeing the church’s action as pretty messed up) so why did they put it in. But worst part is that it creates a giant plothole that makes El look like a complete dunce. TWSITD where the ones who did the experiments on her, they are the ones who are clearly the worst in fact they took complete control over the empire and manipulated the government behind the backs of everyone, and yet not only does she say the church are the bad guys, but she collaborates with them?! And while some may say it was because the didn’t have the ressources to start a war, it crearly makes no sense because she managed to take garreg Mach with her entire military force, manipulated members of the kingdom’s government into joining them and in term put the there future king on the run without any ressources to spare and finally created a civil war within the alliance so that the imperial loyalists where able to fight for them. The only logical reason why she would ask for there aid would be to find out there location so she would then be able to wipe them out swiftly. This is such a dumb plothole that it makes the whole chosen one plot point they haded in echoes even dumber.
It's implied that Edelgard was only able to take Garreg Mach because their knights were run ragged by TWSITD. Edelgard took advantage of the fact that the church couldn't fight a war on two fronts.

If she takes out TWSITD before the church, the church can regain its composure before she attacks them. If she uses the fact that TWSITD hate the church as much as she does, she can have them wear the church down while also finding out more about them. Hubert's paralogue and the nuking of Arionrhod show that there's still a lot Edelgard doesn't know about them.

She fully intends on taking both out. It's just more advantageous to eliminate the church first.

Grie

Smash Apprentice
It's implied that Edelgard was only able to take Garreg Mach because their knights were run ragged by TWSITD. Edelgard took advantage of the fact that the church couldn't fight a war on two fronts.

If she takes out TWSITD before the church, the church can regain its composure before she attacks them. If she uses the fact that TWSITD hate the church as much as she does, she can have them wear the church down while also finding out more about them. Hubert's paralogue and the nuking of Arionrhod show that there's still a lot Edelgard doesn't know about them.

She fully intends on taking both out. It's just more advantageous to eliminate the church first.
What I am really trying to say is that it’s mist potential. Imo there are two ways that could be done here, cut it completely or change it by
Making the church the ones responsible. In this version of her backstory, lord Arundel isn’t tales, he’s just a corrupt government official that wishes for riches and power in other words, a walking plot device. Rhea would then ask arundel (who still as control over the empire and uses the emperor as a puppet from the inside) if she could borrow some children for her experiments and the rest stays the same. This would make El’s hatred of the church more founded and her teaming up with TWSITD seem less like a dumb move and make Rhea more insane and in term give more of a reason to the player to join with El instead of the church. That’s all it is, mist opportunity.

Nihilem

Smash Apprentice
What I am really trying to say is that it’s mist potential. Imo there are two ways that could be done here, cut it completely or change it by
Making the church the ones responsible. In this version of her backstory, lord Arundel isn’t tales, he’s just a corrupt government official that wishes for riches and power in other words, a walking plot device. Rhea would then ask arundel (who still as control over the empire and uses the emperor as a puppet from the inside) if she could borrow some children for her experiments and the rest stays the same. This would make El’s hatred of the church more founded and her teaming up with TWSITD seem less like a dumb move and make Rhea more insane and in term give more of a reason to the player to join with El instead of the church. That’s all it is, mist opportunity.
Rhea never made crest related experiments. And she never tried to create a super duper crest for the next emperor. She actually hates the system because of how it was created. Thats the whole Tragedy of the story, if Edelgard would just told Rhea that she was trying to destroy thesystem and kill the ones behind it, Rhea may just answer: Cool - I am in. What do you need, Girl?

Which probably leads to even more confusion because Edelgard thinks the godess is behind the crests while Rhea knows that it is definitely not the godess ;)

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Rhea never made crest related experiments. And she never tried to create a super duper crest for the next emperor. She actually hates the system because of how it was created. Thats the whole Tragedy of the story, if Edelgard would just told Rhea that she was trying to destroy thesystem and kill the ones behind it, Rhea may just answer: Cool - I am in. What do you need, Girl?

Which probably leads to even more confusion because Edelgard thinks the godess is behind the crests while Rhea knows that it is definitely not the godess ;)
Did you just predict the DLC?

D

Deleted member

Only reason I'm back here is to support the best FE character but now SB doesn't even want to let pics load so I see it's business as usual

Anyways, huh, Edelgard Did Nothing Wrong

Senatiator

Smash Apprentice
Hubert influenced those close to him to ally with a nameless, unsavory and shady group using them as a “means to an end” before the inevitable butchering of them who he himself refer to them as “Those Who Slither In The Dark”. If you want to blame someone for being a “poisonous apple” influencing others to be a devil instead of an angel like Byleth and some others does depending on how you perceive them to be, then I would point to Hubert.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hubert influenced those close to him to ally with a nameless, unsavory and shady group using them as a “means to an end” before the inevitable butchering of them who he himself refer to them as “Those Who Slither In The Dark”. If you want to blame someone for being a “poisonous apple” influencing others to be a devil instead of an angel like Byleth and some others does depending on how you perceive them to be, then I would point to Hubert.
Honestly, Hubert really comes off as one who might potentially be a member of Those Who Slighter In The Dark. Like he’s an insider, influencing Edelgard’s ambitions. He’s also a dark mage, like the majority of them, and his design and creepiness also doesn’t well at all.

Also no I don’t ‘dislike’ Edelgard, but I do view her as a villain. Choosing her side just feels wrong to me. And I can appreciate a good villain. I personally think FE villains as Ashnard, Zephiel and Camus are very well written, and can enjoy them greatly. I just think of Edelgard as... insincere, brooding and extremist to a fault.

Anyway, playing Golden Deer, and might do Crimson Rose next cause I read the Church route is very similar to Golden Deer. Can anyone confirm this?

D

Deleted member

Please for the love of god take any Edelgard hot takes literally anywhere else, this is a support thread, I just want one goddamn place where I don't have to deal with people calling her "evil"

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Yeah if Dark Pit being independent and a bit rude is enough to qualify him as a villain, then Edelgard would probably end up there unless Intelligent Systems really put their foot down.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Considering how IS hasn't blinked an eye at how inaccurate :ultroy:'s portrayal is in Smash to the point that it eventually looped right back into future FE game appearances, I doubt they'd be overly concerned about it. Or even care.

Besides, as far as everyone's concerned, Byleth is the de facto main character of TH.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Considering how IS hasn't blinked an eye at how inaccurate :ultroy:'s portrayal is in Smash to the point that it eventually looped right back into future FE game appearances, I doubt they'd be overly concerned about it. Or even care.

Besides, as far as everyone's concerned, Byleth is the de facto main character of TH.
If we get Byleth and one of the house leaders in Smash, will people go on to consider that pairing and path canon?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If we get Byleth and one of the house leaders in Smash, will people go on to consider that pairing and path canon?
Considering that I saw some go as far as saying Lucina was more of a main character in Awakening than Chrom after Smash 4, probably.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well in terms of the narrative of Awakening, Chrom is the main Lord of Act 1, Lucina takes mroe precedence in Act 2 but overall it's Robin who's the pivitol one.

Fates cut the middle man by making the Avatar and Lord one and the same but Three Houses instead puts you in the role of the Lord you pick's conscience. You're Jiminy Cricket with a Chainsword.

I think Edelgard herself still has the most appealing moveset potential to me personally.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Considering that I saw some go as far as saying Lucina was more of a main character in Awakening than Chrom after Smash 4, probably.
Hey I was saying that before they were confirmed for 4!

But yeah after Ch11 it feels like Lucina and Robin take center stage a lot in my eyes.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Please for the love of god take any Edelgard hot takes literally anywhere else, this is a support thread, I just want one goddamn place where I don't have to deal with people calling her "evil"
Evil or not, she would still make for a good Smash newcomer.

And the only chance ever to get a Fire Emblem villain in Smash of course

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Evil or not, she would still make for a good Smash newcomer.

And the only chance ever to get a Fire Emblem villain in Smash of course
Do not crush my Black Knight dreams. It will happen someday :(

But yeah I would think she would be a good newcomer. Honestly lowkey all of the lords would be.

Top Bottom