• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edelgard von Hresvelg - Black Eagles House Leader

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Just a little over three weeks until the big day!

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
tfw someone tries to spoil the story:

Interesting that Edelgard's personal post-skip weapon seems to double as both a staff and an axe/club. But what's that thing behind her?

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
It looks like the preview embargo (is that even a thing?) is up because a lot of people who have played the game have started talking about it. Search around if you want to know, leave the internet if you want to go in blind.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
A lot of **** is coming out. Previews are out there. GameXplain uploaded the opening cutscene.
Everyone will have ages and heights. Edelgard in particular is 17 and 158 cm.
5vpasre6sv931.png
1562948385032.jpg

And the students will age during the academy. Edelgard will likely be 18 by the end of the academy segment.
sf4u6va1aw931.png

Fire Emblem main theme

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Small spoilers involving romance options:

Some people who have access to the game have been saying that Edelgard is available for same-sex romance. She seems to be the only house leader that you can do this with.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
There's some rumblings going on that the Black Eagles path has the least complex maps: https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/cdky7p/usgamer_podcast_on_3h_talks_each_routes_map/

In practical terms it would explain why they got more exposure prior to this final buildup, trying to get first-timers to gravitate towards it and ease them into Fire Emblem. It could be justified in-universe too: Edelgard likely takes the direct approach to almost everything with the might of Ardrest, leading to more simple rout missions, Dimitri similarly tries to tackle issues head-on, but being more of an underdog forces Faerghus to be more creative in order to find success, and sneaky, manipulative Claude relies on complex gambits and misdirection to pull ahead.

♕Pretty Roger♕

God Roger
NNID
RogelioWii
3DS FC
0602-6365-8680
Switch FC
SW-2762-7992-4597
I am so excited about Three Houses! Of course i will choose black eagles first and i would love Edelgard (or Byleth to a lesser extent) in Smash! I support her (specially her time skip design)

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Derrick from GameXplain finally reached the timeskip.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
It was revealed yesterday(From my timezone at least) that it is indeed Tara Platt voicing Edelgard.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Guess who is coming to Fire Emblem Heroes soon:

EDIT: Here is her full art

1563505770641.png

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Edelgard looking regal and badass. I may have quit FEH but I can still appreciate the art.

Surprised they went with female Byleth, considering the male form seemed to have more use in promotion.
Male Byleth is being given away free to owners of Three Houses, so he'll likely be added somewhere else with less fanfare.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Oh, I didn't know that.

Anyway, I felt like sharing this because it's pretty cool fanart.
Makes me wonder what you could do with other Nintendo series being given the FE formula. Permadeath would be a hard sell though.
Just change permadeath to permabench, like they do with plot-critical non-lords. Unless the argument is based on difficulty?

Also, what's with Edelgard's title of ''The Future''? Almost sounds like Ardrest will be pivotal in the future regardless of the path you take.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Just change permadeath to permabench, like they do with plot-critical non-lords. Unless the argument is based on difficulty?

Also, what's with Edelgard's title of ''The Future''? Almost sounds like Ardrest will be pivotal in the future regardless of the path you take.
Adrestia has a considerable amount of power over Fódlan, if not the most of the three major regions. As the heir apparent to the throne, she can literally be seen as their future.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I just keep getting more hyped by the day. We're less than 100 hours away from release, too, so it's gonna be here soon.

Also the title should probably change Hræsvelgr to the finalized English version, Hresvelg, since that's the one that appears in-game. :p
This game seems to be the game that has united the fan base as a whole when it comes to quality, so I imagine a lot of people are getting hyped as well.

And yeah, the name should be changed to it's finalized English name.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This game seems to be the game that has united the fan base as a whole when it comes to quality, so I imagine a lot of people are getting hyped as well.

And yeah, the name should be changed to it's finalized English name.
On another note, the Heroes update should be coming tonight, so we might find out a bit more about Edelgard. Maybe some of the stuff that's been leaked from the earlygame.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
On another note, the Heroes update should be coming tonight, so we might find out a bit more about Edelgard. Maybe some of the stuff that's been leaked from the earlygame.
Cool. I actually don't have the app, so I will just wait for the info here.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
How are you guys feeling about Three Houses now that we are so close to release?
I'm practically counting down the hours. I got a week vacation off from work for it.

And you just have no idea how extra excited it made to get real confirmation that female Byleth can S rank Edelgard.

Also the title should probably change Hræsvelgr to the finalized English version, Hresvelg, since that's the one that appears in-game. :p
Done.

Maybe one day I'll update the rest of the OP. But Ultimate newcomer speculation is probably not lasting much longer anyway.

Cool. I actually don't have the app, so I will just wait for the info here.
There's always a datamine a few hours before the units are actually available to be summoned, so the info could literally come at any minute now.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
How are you guys feeling about Three Houses now that we are so close to release?
I can almost taste it! I'm gonna make Bernie a dancer!
In another note, I managed to pull Edelgard in FEH..... with the ****iest IV combo imaginable. +Res / -Atk.

D

Deleted member

You think I may need to play any past Fire Emblem before picking Three Houses in October?

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
You think I may need to play any past Fire Emblem before picking Three Houses in October?
From a story perspective, Three Houses is self-contained. You're under no obligation to play the older games to understand this one.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So the leaker got to the timeskip. I won't give away any story details, but if you want to see what everyone's portraits look like post-timeskip, click the spoiler below. It has all the Black Eagles, plus Felix, Raphael, and Leonie since the leaker recruited them.

Screenshot_20190722-105605~2.png

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So, I am not able to purchase the game for a bit, so what is everyone's thoughts on it so far? No spoilers.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
The article excludes that he also broke NDA which Nintendo takes very seriously. That likely gave them the excuse to replace him with Zach Aguilar so soon as they did.
I imagine it was mainly because of NDA. The other stuff is much more complicated when it comes to how to deal with the VA(Has to go through stuff like PR I imagine), but NDA breaking is probably much more simple a process. Surprised that they were able to replace him as fast as they did though. Seriously, I thought this sort of thing would take more time.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I imagine it was mainly because of NDA. The other stuff is much more complicated when it comes to how to deal with the VA(Has to go through stuff like PR I imagine), but NDA breaking is probably much more simple a process. Surprised that they were able to replace him as fast as they did though. Seriously, I thought this sort of thing would take more time.
With Fire Emblem Heroes, it's only a few lines to voice. Hard to say where Three Houses falls. People say Byleth only talks in battle, but what about him grunting in the cutscenes? I heard him grunt when he entered Sothis's.... mind? realm? in the early cutscene. You'd have to comb through everything and insert the new voice lines into the code.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
With Fire Emblem Heroes, it's only a few lines to voice. Hard to say where Three Houses falls. People say Byleth only talks in battle, but what about him grunting in the cutscenes? I heard him grunt when he entered Sothis's.... mind? realm? in the early cutscene. You'd have to comb through everything and insert the new voice lines into the code.
That makes sense. I have the feeling that the change will eventually happen, especially since the Male Byleth VA has been removed from the credits or something. And since it's only grunts and such, it wouldn't be as difficult of a replacement compared to what you would have to do with the others.

Top Bottom