• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edelgard von Hresvelg - Black Eagles House Leader

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Ugh. Four paths and no convergence according to Thani. And neutral at best for Edelgard? Way to make picking anyone but Golden Deer feel bad. I want my support for the characters fighting to be fueled by more than personal taste... guess I'll just have to reserve judgment until I learn what exactly is Edelgard's goal in this path. But mark my words, if only one house leads to a good conclusion, I'll be playing Dragon Quest XI instead.
Do you mean good as in morally or in how well written it is? I actually like the idea that there will be some moral variety in this story. Definitely makes things more interesting.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I hope that the story paths are a bit more balanced than Fates.

As in, that one path isn't full sunshine lollipops and rainbows with another being you committing multiple atrocities in a row because honor. (I'm exaggerating to make a point.)

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Do you mean good as in morally or in how well written it is? I actually like the idea that there will be some moral variety in this story. Definitely makes things more interesting.
Both. I'd prefer it if all three were neutral to some extent (Claude seeming to be the most outwardly altruistic but causing problems with naivete or hidden agendas for example), and that none have an ending with significantly less casualties than the other. And don't try to sugarcoat anything bad you commit, intentionally or not, just because it's your side. Though after some thinking, having an "evil" path with Edelgard could be an interesting to experience playing as a FE villain of sorts, for those who want it.

As in, that one path isn't full sunshine lollipops and rainbows with another being you committing multiple atrocities in a row because honor. (I'm exaggerating to make a point.)
Also don't lock a better ending than all other options behind a paywall.

Side with no one! Because they're all dunces who'd rather kill and fight with each other anyway, and only you can defeat Death Knight (Edgy much?). Once everyone sees what a supreme badass you are they'll all fall in line with your sheer awesomeness.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
surprised you guys arn't talking about this more

https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/440346534/

since this guy got joker and banjo correct well before they were announced and endelgard is on this

(but still likely fake though)
Yeah, I recall seeing that one back in the day. I think he just got lucky, though. This popped up right after we found out there was no spirit for Sylux; I might give it more credit otherwise. While technically not wrong, his whole "Square Enix rep" is dubious; he casts a large net just in case, but the names he actually drops were not correct.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This leak is about as real as Luigi is purple.
Luigi is purple in one of his costumes in Ultimate. Because Luigi had eight costumes, this means the leak has a 1/8 chance of being real. /s

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think there may be a leak out there that got them all but I dont' think it's this one.

Not because of Sylux, he could very well be a promotional MP4 pick, but because of how wide a net they cast.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
If we get promo characters (which I ain't ruling out) I would see them being outside of the pass. Throwing something together like Corrin in 4 or Plant in Ultimate.

Also I would pay hard attention to if they do a Spirit update for Three Houses. Not doing one could be a tell or something, but then again they might choose to do the big grown up versions after the time skip so *shrug*.

Troykv

Smash Master
If we get promo characters (which I ain't ruling out) I would see them being outside of the pass. Throwing something together like Corrin in 4 or Plant in Ultimate.

Also I would pay hard attention to if they do a Spirit update for Three Houses. Not doing one could be a tell or something, but then again they might choose to do the big grown up versions after the time skip so *shrug*.
Yeah, I'm thinking the same; if they don't release Three Houses Spirits, we should start thinking about the possibility of seeing them in Smash, regardless of if they're in the FP or outside of it (it would better if they were outside of course).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Since Leonie's bio was put up today, it means that every student has their bio up now.

Do you think they'll just finish up the faculty+non academy characters like Flayn, Tomas, and Cyril, or do you think they'll do time skip bios?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I just find it a bit funny that most everyone is (mockingly) proclaiming how evil Edelgard is going to be with her sinister getup and THE EMPIRE, and yet her bio is the only one out the three lords to not directly imply anything shady about her, only traits that could be dangerous if misused.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I just find it a bit funny that most everyone is (mockingly) proclaiming how evil Edelgard is going to be with her sinister getup and THE EMPIRE, and yet her bio is the only one out the three lords to not directly imply anything shady about her, only traits that could be dangerous if misused.
I think it's a combination of things. She's definitely going to be pragmatic at least, and a well-intentioned extremist at worst, based on some of her dialogue snippets we've seen. I'm banking on somewhere between Micaiah and Arvis, morality wise. Going a bit further than Micaiah but not as far as Arvis went.

Pallex

Smash Journeyman
It may because of the game's main theme which is her theme, “Young Lady of Hresvelg” A.K.A. "Reach For My Hand".
https://nintendosoup.com/fire-emble...-theme-song-is-called-young-lady-of-hresvelg/
It seem to describe as a protagonist becomes a villain, the lyric say a monster they would become.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So for fun, I decided to rank each student in each house based on how interested I am in them, based on what we know from pre-release info.

Black Eagles:
Edelgard
Bernadetta
Hubert
Ferdinand
Caspar
Linhardt
Dorothea
Petra

Blue Lions:
Dimitri
Ingrid
Dedue
Mercedes
Felix
Ashe
Annette
Sylvain

Golden Deer:
Claude
Ignatz
Marianne
Lysithea
Raphael
Hilda
Lorenz
Leonie

So how about everyone else?

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
****ing memes are making me like Lorenz more.
1559399970426.png

His timeskip design looks decent. I just gotta see what the rest of his hair is like.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
No one knows. We do know of the "Amiibo Gazebo" from Nintendo Treehouse and E3, but its functionality remains unknown.
Hmmm... Maybe Marth delivers a guest lecture?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Now I am just imagining how all of the FE characters in Smash would approach teaching.
:ultmarth: - Constantly strives to bring out the best in each student, never giving up on even the most problematic ones.

:ultroy: - Mostly emulates Cecilia, and hasn't yet found his own teaching style.

:ultike: - Quiet. Teaches mostly through packets and videos (or, well, a magic equivalent). When he does speak, though, everyone listens, especially if one student is getting picked on.

:ultchrom: - The teacher most likely to give group projects. Earnest and encouraging, but often breaks his supplies.

:ultrobin: - Relentless in his grading, but is able to adapt his teaching style to every student's needs.

:ultlucina: - Tries her hardest to see eye to eye with her students, but given how different they are from her, she struggles to find common ground.

:ultcorrinf:- Is not legally allowed to teach due to breaking the dress code and refusing to wear shoes.

Last edited:

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
It would be really nice if edelgard gets in before Byleth I mean I like the guy but I want an axe user more

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
:ultmarth: - Constantly strives to bring out the best in each student, never giving up on even the most problematic ones.

:ultroy: - Mostly emulates Cecilia, and hasn't yet found his own teaching style.

:ultike: - Quiet. Teaches mostly through packets and videos (or, well, a magic equivalent). When he does speak, though, everyone listens, especially if one student is getting picked on.

:ultchrom: - The teacher most likely to give group projects. Earnest and encouraging, but often breaks his supplies.

:ultrobin: - Relentless in his grading, but is able to adapt his teaching style to every student's needs.

:ultlucina: - Tries her hardest to see eye to eye with her students, but given how different they are from her, she struggles to find common ground.

:ultcorrinf:- Is not legally allowed to teach due to breaking the dress code and refusing to wear shoes.
I liked all of these, but the Roy one in particular got a good laugh out of me.

It would be really nice if edelgard gets in before Byleth I mean I like the guy but I want an axe user more
If we got male default Byleth instead of Edelgard I would actually quit Smash.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Found some cool art.
This picture does make me wonder, how would you rate the house leader designs pre and post time skip?
Quick and dirty: Dimitri I don't like much at all, Claude I'm neutral towards, and Edelgard looks the best.

Dimitri has a douchey face when he's young, and is an edgy tryhard when he grows up. No matter how bad things may get for him, I'll find it hard to sympathize with him until he reins in his attitude.

Don't have much to say about Claude, nothing really sticks out pre-or-post aside from the beard.

Edelgard is generally good-looking pre though lacks standout features other than her soul-freezing eyes and white hair (which is not totally unique), but post she gets an outfit that blows the others out of the water. It's chock-full of features that, although they make it slightly over-the-top, creates a neat juxtaposition of kindness (the red color and hearts) and terror (demon horns and a staff that looks like it's made of bone from an unnatural creature).

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Both. I'd prefer it if all three were neutral to some extent (Claude seeming to be the most outwardly altruistic but causing problems with naivete or hidden agendas for example), and that none have an ending with significantly less casualties than the other. And don't try to sugarcoat anything bad you commit, intentionally or not, just because it's your side. Though after some thinking, having an "evil" path with Edelgard could be an interesting to experience playing as a FE villain of sorts, for those who want it.

Also don't lock a better ending than all other options behind a paywall.

Side with no one! Because they're all dunces who'd rather kill and fight with each other anyway, and only you can defeat Death Knight (Edgy much?). Once everyone sees what a supreme badass you are they'll all fall in line with your sheer awesomeness.
Also also, don't assign the only decent writer you have to the DLC true ending path, and leave him stuck with trying to sort out the mess the other writers did.

This leak is about as real as Luigi is purple.
Incidentally, speaking of purple, some people treat the Frisk/Waluigi leak as 100% real, despite the fact that it can very easily get disproven in the coming months.

I think there may be a leak out there that got them all but I dont' think it's this one.

Not because of Sylux, he could very well be a promotional MP4 pick, but because of how wide a net they cast.
It is exceedingly difficult to find an accurate leak in a sea of fakes, given that only one remotely hinted at :ultpiranha: before the official reveal. Real needle in a haystack situation.

I wonder how much people's minds will explode if any upcoming DLC characters turn out to not be part of a pass deal, like most assume. SF fans were already confused and angry about the last Street Fighter V character not coming in a season pass.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I love all of them except pre-skip Dimitri, really.
Yeah, that's how I feel as well. From how the community has reacted, post-skip Dimitri is carrying him design wise.

Edit:
We got a new thing for the Black Eagles, as well as seemingly Edelgards new VA.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Youtube version for those who prefer it.

Good to have a pronunciation guide.

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
The red/black house has some good charater i hope the blue one will have some too

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Byleth is being added as a purchase bonus in Heroes for those who bought Three Houses. I guess the House Leaders will have their own story bit added down the line.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So, what do you guys think of the new voice actor for Edelgard? The voice appears to be Tara Platt, though it has not been confirmed.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
So, what do you guys think of the new voice actor for Edelgard? The voice appears to be Tara Platt, though it has not been confirmed.
I think her voice sounds great. She sounds very distinguished and noble which I think suits Edelgard very well. After listening to the new voice video and the old one with Cristina Valenzuela, I can't decide which one I like more.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
I think if I'd never heard Cristina Vee as Edelgard, I'd fine the current voice very good. But there's just something about that feeling when an actor you're a fan of voices a new character from your favorite series, and then to have that taken away...

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I think if I'd never heard Cristina Vee as Edelgard, I'd fine the current voice very good. But there's just something about that feeling when an actor you're a fan of voices a new character from your favorite series, and then to have that taken away...
I can understand that, but it's fair to giv this sort of thing a shot, especially with how little we have heard of both performances.

Edit:
Also, just saw the Japanese overview trailer for Three Houses.
I hope we can get a translation soon enough, because I really want to know what Edelgard was saying at the end because of... obvious reasons.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I can understand that, but it's fair to giv this sort of thing a shot, especially with how little we have heard of both performances.

Edit:
Also, just saw the Japanese overview trailer for Three Houses.
I hope we can get a translation soon enough, because I really want to know what Edelgard was saying at the end because of... obvious reasons.
It looks to me like Edelgard is trying to knock some sense into Byleth after suffering depression from a crushing loss: his sword looks sealed/broken and beat up. Kind of like how Sully tried to get Lon'qu to get over his fear of going all-out against women by getting him scared enough for his life. If either one was really out for blood in this scene due to Byleth supporting an opposing kingdom, why would they stop themselves like that when they both had ''overwhelming victory assurance'', especially if Edelgard is as ruthless as everyone claims (if things got so bad for her that Byleth is personally invading her quarters, I doubt she'd hesitate at cutting him down at the cost of her own life if it gave Ardrest any chance at victory, especially since she likely has less attachment to him than she would if he had supported her house).

Also, you can't really trust lines in trailers to actually match up with the corresponding scenes in the final product. The scene in the previous trailer of Edelgard kneeling in defeat takes place in a completely different location (throne room?), so there's a good chance that was a different path than this one. I don't see any of the lords you support dying until (near) the very end, otherwise the effort you put into raising them would feel wasted through no fault of your own.

Last edited:
Top Bottom