• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edelgard von Hresvelg - Black Eagles House Leader

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
THREE HOUSES IS OUT, PLAY IT IF YOU AREN'T ALREADY!

Welcome to the Edelgard support thread! As Fire Emblem: Three Houses is still months away from release, there's not a whole lot of information, but we know the crests are to blame and the brigand exam is easy.

Fire Emblem Three Houses Trailer 2

Fire Emblem Three Houses Trailer 1

Still our only portrait to my knowledge.
List of supporters:

Last edited:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Well she looks nice. But with too many FE characters and Sakurai saying maybe not much characters will make it in, as 60+ really is high, well we will see.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
If she uses a heavy axe and not just a halberd-type thing, then she's almost as good as Hector (his model is more easily used for other characters, e.g., Black Knight).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Going only off her design, since we don't know much else, I wouldn't mind Edelgard. Though obviously there are certain Fire Emblem characters I'd prefer, chances be damned. :p

Claude could also be someone I could see myself supporting if Decidueye doesn't come through.

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Edelgard should be added to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate until the game is finished. Otherwise she runs a serious risk of just being a clone.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
I don't think Edelgard should be added to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate until the game is finished. Otherwise she runs a serious risk of just being a clone.
Given the release dates of the games (Smash in December, Three Houses next Spring), base roster is extraordinarily unlikely. I'm looking past that.

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
Given the release dates of the games (Smash in December, Three Houses next Spring), base roster is extraordinarily unlikely. I'm looking past that.
That makes sense. If the update period for this game lasts a couple of years, then I'd love if we got Edelgard as a DLC character.

Tonydrake

Smash Apprentice
I would be fine with her as a DLC if she turns out to be an interesting character in Three Houses

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So Ghast brought up something here that I thought was neat: Edelgard may very well be the Jagen of Three Houses. Her stats are well above the other units (including almost thirty health) despite it looking like an early field map, she comes with Vantage, and immediately has access to both axes and swords. She's very likely a prepromote if not the Jagen.

That's pretty nifty.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
So Ghast brought up something here that I thought was neat: Edelgard may very well be the Jagen of Three Houses. Her stats are well above the other units (including almost thirty health) despite it looking like an early field map, she comes with Vantage, and immediately has access to both axes and swords. She's very likely a prepromote if not the Jagen.

That's pretty nifty.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that got a Jagen vibe from her.

Lord or not, if she weilds an axe, I'm in. If the make her yet another sword user, I'll pass.

Really? A character we know nothing about?
I've seen more nonsensical ideas passed around like support for the figure in the Wii Remote warning screens. Plus, I don't think we know much, if at all, about Corrin prior to Smash.

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
I mean, they can be both a Lord and a Jagen. Wasn't Sigurd a Lord and also a Jagen? And wasn't there a Lord who was also a Jagen in one ROM hack?

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Saw this coming. I considered making a thread for her, but decided against it, since I don't know what she can do besides swing her axe around. Same goes for her teacher, Byleth; I like the coat, but not the lack of info.

At any rate, I think the character with the most moveset potential should have the highest priority.

Here's an interesting video. The user analysed the trailer quite thoroughly, and even spotted some things I didn't.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Provided we get King K. Rool and Spring Man, I wouldn't mind if we got Edelgard specifically; she's got a neat design and I think the timing is right if they give us DLC (which I think is likely considering Nintendo wants to support the Switch for a very long time and Sakurai's working less crazy days.)

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I support. I’m excited to try out Three Houses next year, and Edelgard has one of my favorite designs for any Fire Emblem character in the series. Also, she appears to be an axe lord, which I approve.

slambros

Smash Ace
I'm absolutely supporting her, especially if she's an axe wielder. I guess one more Fire Emblem character couldn't hurt if it's an original character that comes as DLC.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
I'd support her for DLC, but I want to see how she and Byleth are like in Three Houses before I commit. She has a really nice design though.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I need to see the game in action and who does what in the story but for her Axe use and name alone, she has my tentative support as DLC, in spite of the memes that could come.

Astellius

Smash Ace
I definitely would like to see Edelgard appear, and I think the timing is good for DLC, where they could do something similar to what they did for Corrin. FE is big for Nintendo now, so I'd be quite surprised if they didn't have FE related DLC closer to Three Houses' release date, to help promote the game. Plus, Edelgard has a great design, and it would be interesting for them to get an axe wielder in there.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I'm super stoked for Three Houses <3

And really, I'm always down for more FE in smash. Robin is my main. Lucina, Ike, Roy, and Corrin are some of my most played characters.

Bring on Edelgard for DLC!

jamesster445

Smash Lord
It's not Anna, but she has an axe which instantly makes her likable. But very little is known about 3 houses so I'd rather not make any judgements yet. Not opposed but not looking forward either.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
I want Edlegard in Smash Ultimate I hope shes DLC lets be honest Sakurai loves FE it will be Smash 4 Déjà vu.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Hopefully we'll get more info on FE:3H soon during a Nintendo Direct, or during the Tokyo Game Show. So far, I really like Edelgard as a character, but I want to know what else she can do besides use an axe. We still don't know how magic works in this game, so it would be interesting if she had some kind of supernatural power; similar to how Corrin has his dragon transformations. [Shrugs] Then again, if it came down to it, they could derive some of her moves from the various axe-wielding classes throughout the Fire Emblem series.

As of now, I think Edelgard stands a better chance than Byleth, since Byleth wields a sword. Furthermore, Edelgard addresses Byleth as "Teacher", hinting that his name and other things can be customised. I honestly believe Byleth will play a similar role to Cross in Xenoblade Chronicles X, in that he merely assists Edelgard, while Edelgard plays the role of the heroine.

Last edited:

kool2419

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn`t mind for Edelgard to be in Ultimate as DLC, she has a very elegant design.

Troykv

Smash Master
Isn't it a bit too soon to speculate about DLC characters (specially because we only known the crests are to blame)? Oh well; I won't stop you of wanting her.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
She has an ax. I like axes. I feel that is sufficient enough to support. Also she looks cool I love her uniform.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Edelgard seems like a great choice for a DLC character. As soon as I learned she wielded an axe, I was sold.

Serialkillerwhale

Smash Cadet

That's pretty nifty.
Given her age however, I get the impression she's more of an Oifey. Besides, if you look closely, she's getting doubled by her enemy. It could be possible she's more similar to Hector, the last "Axe Lord" in that she favors power over speed.

It'd definitely be amusing to see a Heavyweight on Ike's level or heavier (given that Ike's more of a generalist in his base game) with Lucina's build, that's for sure.
Edelgard: (On beating Ike) Are you exaggerating your sword's weight to impress people? It feels light as a feather to me.
Depending on the shape of her prerequisite lord signature weapon (presumably gained after the first, most school-y section of the story), she might have a sweetspot mechanic where you want to hit with her Axe's blade rather than the shaft. She also has access to magic and possibly throws tomahawks. Who knows? I'm just happy to see someone using an axe.

Last edited:

Arsh99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Arsh99
Just had a dream that she was made playable so add me to the supporters list! I think she has a good shot of becoming a DLC character. Hopefully, they can get her out before March. A non-sword user is what FE fans have wanted forever. I do know how non-FE fans would feel though :upsidedown:.

Machete

Smash Ace
Her design is absolutely fantastic. That's what got me to support Corrin and why I'll probably support her once her game comes out. One of the strongest dlc contenders after Rex/Pyra and Spring-Man, I think.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
I love FE but as cute as she is I'd rather not have Corrin round 2. We need to play the game before, or else we don't know anything about this character, maybe she has an unbearable personality like Corrin.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Hey there Falcon! :D
Psst...Falchion.

I mentioned it in the Shantae thread, but it probably makes more sense to say it here: I'm going to do more with this when we actually have some more information to use than a name and face. Stuff like a support list.

Top Bottom