• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ECRC #4: Gameunicon: S.N.E.S. Registration at door available - August 21-23 - MA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Supreme.North.Eastern.Smash: Tournament
Name Courtesy of OmegaDazwaMage

PRESENTED BY: The Mages & Game Universe

AIB LINK http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=5886

REGISTRATION HAS BEGUN AT WWW.GAMEUNICON.COM SIGN UP TODAY!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**SOLID JAKE'S CONTACT INFORMATION:**

I will be more or less on the go constantly for the next week prior to the event, work , cape cod, and setting up the convention.
If you have any questions i can reach me several ways.
Mobile Email: Pandattackannon@gmail.com
Cell #: 860 480 0531 (leave a message if i do not pick up)
Facebook: Im a facebook *****, i check it way too often, if your not my friend feel free to add me "Jake Kulinski"
AIM: Pandattackannon (assuming i have wifi / i feel like tethering 3g i will be on aim)

Anyone who brings a cube/wii will get $5 in cash from the Game Universe staff PER SETUP. If you bring 1 wii, and 2 cubes you would get $15

There is a spot on there to Pre-Register... however we are a little past that at this point... You have to actually buy your tournament pass and convention pass in order to actually get registered.

There is no deadline set right now... however there is a capacity for the hotel.... it would really really help us if you bought your ticket asap!

Also if you haven't seen it yet...

If you are interested in taking a bus from NYC right directly to GameUniCon we are taking an interest list email me your info Jamie@GameUniCon.com

We already have about 12 people so let your friends know if they want to take the Bus from NYC!!!

Here's the way tickets work for GameUniCon!

You have several options:

$40 FULL CONVENTION PASS

- FULL ACCESS TO EVERYTHING HAPPENING AT GAMEUNICON
- All Concerts All days (first come, first serve based on capacity)
- Panels
- Vendor Room
- HUNDREDS of video games to play for fun! (NES-XBOX 360!)
- Celebrity Appearances
- Dive-In Movie (that's right the pool is being turned into a movie theater)
- Convention is 24 Hours! GAME ALL NIGHT!
- On the spot Tournaments

$30 SATURDAY NIGHT CONCERT PASS (POWERGLOVE and more)

- Guaranteed access to the concert Saturday Night (regular convention goers are first come, first serve)
- This gets you into the Saturday Night Concert Area ONLY
(you can not get into the convention or play games at all)
- Rock Out to Powerglove, Jesus Candy (Jamie from Game Universe's Band) and A HUGE BAND FROM ROCK BAND AND GUITAR HERO TBA in the next few weeks!!!

$30 Gamer's Pass

- GETS YOU EVERYTHING A $40 PASS DOES including concerts (first come,first serve basis)
- You MUST enter ANY Tournament that is available on GameUniCon.com
- OVER $10,000 in Guaranteed Prizes!!!

(Halo, Street Fighter IV, Smash Bros, Tetris, Rock Band, Guitar Hero, Air Hockey, WWE and MORE) We expect most of the world-famous players for every game in attendance!

There is also a concert pass available for the Friday Night Concert Only with different bands To Be Announced!

We still have 3 more awesome video-game related bands to announce over the next few weeks! So check back often!

More info and buy or passes on GameUniCon.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-=East Coast Regional Circuit: Event #4 -=S.N.E.S=-​

S.N.E.S. Breakdown:
  • 3-Day Event Featuring tons of competitive games in a massive area!
  • Huge Venue at a hotels convention center! (pending) Play all day right at the event, with your hotel room 5 minutes away (discounted hotel prices should be available for the whole event)
  • Tons of setups for Tournament play, as well as a designated Friendly / Money Match area.
  • Cash Prizes should exceed over $5000 for smash events alone!
  • Live Feed available for all 3 days, featuring all the biggest matchs, guest commentators, and live Pro-Player interviews! (likely a melee and brawl feed)
  • Memories and new people await! As well as tons of recording setups, and video cameras! We are planning on putting together a rather epic montage for this event, and the whole circuit.
S.N.E.S. Events:
  • Brawl Singles
  • Brawl Doubles
  • Melee Singles
  • Melee Doubles
  • Regional Crew Battles (30 Stock)
  • Super Smash Brother(No circuit points)
  • Brawl+ 5.0 (no circuit points)

**ECRC OFFICIAL RULES**

Brawl+ 5.0 Rules

Payouts:
Smash Bros Brawl and Melee

Singles GUARANTEED PRIZE POOL OF $2000!!!
1st - 40% of the pot Guaranteed at least $800
2nd - 25% of the pot Guaranteed at least $500
3rd - 15% of the pot Guaranteed at least $300
4th - 10% of the pot Guaranteed at least $200
5th - 4% of the pot Guaranteed at least $80
5th - 4% of the pot Guaranteed at least $80
7th - 1% of the pot Guaranteed at least $20
7th - 1% of the pot Guaranteed at least $20
(Note that when the tourney is over there will be two people that tie for 5th and 7th place)

181 Boston Post Road West
Marlborough, Massachusetts

Date:

August 21st - 23rd

Venue Information / Layout:

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l170/gameuniverse/BestWesternMarlboroPlan3.jpg

The Venue is a full blown hotel! Massive amounts of space live shows, panels, dealer rooms, multiple food options in the venue including buffets, and naturally your hotel room is just a elevator trip away! Convenience to help provide one of the best gaming experiences ever!

Schedule:

Base outline is as follows
Friday: Smash 64 mid day, Brawl+ Singles Evening
Saturday: Brawl
Sunday: Melee

All concerts and speed run side events will be occuring after main event hours so that everyone can enjoy them!

Housing:

Mattdotzeb:
Da KID
PikaPika
Foy
RTF
Burak
Niko_k +4

PLEASE POST HERE IF YOU ARE ABLE TO HOUSE

Hotel Information:

http://www.rplazahotels.com/pages/5_function_facilities.cfm

Information on Discounted rates COMING SOON!

Travel by Air:

Logan International Airport (Boston)
Bradley International Airport(Connecticut)

**NOTE** Logan Is about 45 minutes from the venue, we are working on getting a bus to ferry back and forth from the airport to the venue, free of charge!

Travel by Land:

FROM NYC:
Ok.... so it looks like we are going to have a private hired bus from NYC to GameUniCon!!!! It looks likely that it will only be around $20 round trip!!!!(nothing's final yet...)

If interest is there we may send one elsewhere (New Jersey is possible).....

If you were to take any New York bus... you would have to go to all the way to Boston or Framingham then to Marlborough adding time to the trip. This way we will deliver you right to the Convention!!!!

Email Jamie@GameUnicon.com if you are intersted!

-=GameUnicon Information=-

**UPDATE 5/3/09**

Copy/Paste from Shoryuken.com... I left the SF rules for no real reason....

GameUniCon.com is turning into a full website in the next week or so... there will be actual ticket sales and tournament registration when this happens!!!

TICKETS WILL BE ON SALE IN THE NEXT TWO WEEKS!

MAKE SURE IF YOU WANT TO ENTER A TOURNAMENT TO BUY YOUR TICKETS EARLY BECAUSE THE BANDS WE ANNOUNCE WILL SELL OUT THE CONVENTION.

We are staggering the announcement of bands with the tickets going on sale so all of the Tournament players have a fair chance to sign up!

Preregistration has begun at www.gameuniverseconvention.com and www.gameunicon.com !

Game Universe Convention 2009 will be a 3- Day Event taking place THIS AUGUST!

181 Boston Post Road West Marlborough, MA 01752-1883

WE WILL BE SELLING HOTEL ROOMS AT A DISCOUNTED RATE THROUGH OUR WEBSITE GameUniCon.com wait and buy them from us! $99.99 a night for 4 People!

The Rumors are True!

HUGE CASH PRIZE Tournaments being held:

This is the FINAL List of Game Tournaments that will be available to enter in at the same time you buy your tickets for GameUniCon 09. I have talked to all the people running the tournaments and they are good with this.

Convention Ticket $40 or $30 with entrance to a Tournament! (gets you in to all 3 days, 24 hours a day and concerts)

Halo 3 4v4 Sat $100
Halo 3 2v2 Sunday $50
Halo 3 FFA Friday $25
Super Smash Bros Brawl Singles Sat $15
Super Smash Bros Brawl Doubles Sat $20
Super Smash Bros Melee Singles Sun $15
Super Smash Bros Melee Doubles Sun $20
Super Smash Bros Plus Later Friday $10
Super Smash Bros 64 Early Friday $5
Street Fighter 4 sat $20
Street Fighter 4 sunday $10
Street Fighter 4 Friday 3v3 Team Battle $15
Soul Calibur IV Invitational Tournament Sat- Final Bracket of it Sunday $15
Soul Calibur IV 3v3 Teams Friday $15
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2009 1v1 Tournament Sunday $10
Rock Band 2 Full Band Sat $40 Per Band
Rock Band 2 Drums Friday $10
Rock Band 2 Guitar Friday $10
Rock Band 2 Vocals Friday $10
Guitar Hero Metallica Guitar Only Tournament Sunday $10
Guitar Hero Smash Hits Guitar Only Tournament Sunday $10
2am Tetris Tournament Sat Night $10
2am Air Hockey Tournament Friday Night $10
Marvel vs Capcom 2 Early Friday $5
Tatsunoko vs Capcom Early Friday $5
Super Street Fighter II HD Remix Early Saturday $5
Street Fighter III Third Strike Early Saturday $5
BlazBlue Early Sunday $5
King of Fighters XII Early Sunday $5

players must bring their own

Wired XBOX 360 Controller or Wireless with a Play n Charge kit for Halo 3 REQUIRED

XBOX 360 Drums, Guitar, or Microphone for Rock Band and Guitar Hero REQUIRED

Gamecube Controller or Wii Remote for Smash Bros. Melee or Brawl REQUIRED

PS3 Controller or Joystick for Fighting Games (we may have a very limited amount of house controllers for these however, please bring your own)

Check rules section for each specific game.

NO GAME PLAY EFFECTING CONTROLLER MODS ALLOWED.

There will also be some fun tournaments that happen "on the spot" like the Battletoads Speed Run where it would be paid for in person $1 per try with an attendant. Or the Under 13 Smash Tournament.

Halo 3 - Guaranteed $2000 in Cash Prizes
Smash Bros Melee/Brawl - Guaranteed $2000 in Cash Prizes
Street Fighter 4 - Guaranteed $1000 in Cash Prizes
Soul Calibur 4 - Guaranteed $500 in Cash Prizes

Performances by Video Game Related Bands
(To Be Announced... GET YOUR TICKETS ASAP we are staggering the announcement for Tournament on sales then the band announcement because the bands will sell-out the Convention we are trying for some HUGE names)
Only Confirmed Band - Jesus Candy (Game Universe's Jamie's band from Rhode Island)

A Large Freeplay Area to just have fun and play the newest console, import, arcade and classic games.

A Pokemon Meet-Up Battle and Trading Session! (Bring your DS!)

Panels featuring comedy, video game information and industry professionals!

A Dealer's Area with Video Games, Comics, Toys and more!

This will not only be a very competitive high-level Tournament for several games but also a fun event for the casual gamer to attend and have fun hanging out with friends and playing games!

Here's where we need YOUR help!

If this sounds like something that you are even remotely interested please go to

www.gameunicon.com and preregister! It's very important to respond to the email we send you later to confirm you preregistered.

It's FREE and very important to make this convention happen!

You only have to fill out your Name and Email. Please include the Tournament or reason why you would attend Freeplay, bands etc... in the comment section.

We will NOT give out your personal information but we will be able to present a number of people interested in attending to entice more sponsors, bands, dealers to help us and GET MORE MONEY AND PRIZES TO GIVE AWAY!

Tickets and Tournament actual registration will be available soon but preregistering will really, really, help make this Convention more awesome!

www.gameuniverseconvention.com

For information about Game Universe Store and our weekly in store Tournaments

www.myspace.com/gameuniverse
Game Universe
1251 Worcester Rd
Framingham, MA
(508)370-4263

Street Fighter 4 $10 and $20 and other Fighting Game Tournament Format

Tournaments will take place on Playstation 3 Systems. (We will have some 360's setup for free play so you can bring your 360 sticks)

YOU MUST BRING A PS3 JOYSTICK OR CONTROL PAD TO ENTER A TOURNAMENT! (we may have some limited controllers but this is strongly, strongly discouraged.)

Double Elimination with Pooling

Best 2 out of 3 Rounds best 2 out of 3 Matches

Loser's Bracket Finals and Winner's Bracket Finals 3 out of 5 Matches

Street Fighter 4 3v3 Tournament Format

Tournaments will take place on Playstation 3 Systems. (We will have some 360's setup for free play so you can bring your 360 sticks)

YOU MUST BRING A PS3 JOYSTICK OR CONTROL PAD TO ENTER A TOURNAMENT! (we may have some limited controllers but this is strongly, strongly discouraged.)

Double Elimination

Best 2 out of 3 Rounds best 2 out of 3 Matches

Loser's Bracket Finals and Winner's Bracket Finals 3 out of 5 Matches

Prize Payout will be announced soon.

More specific rules to come!

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
hype this shiz up, the last viva la smash was HUGE, one of the biggest NE if not EC tourneys up there with cataclysms and pounds, so people best be reppin dat shiz.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Jake make this the week after Genesis so the smash bus people can come RIGHT BACK TO A SECOND LARGE TOURNAMENT

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Why not Viva La Smashfest?

edit: o, it's still gonna be a tournament? HRMMM

I'm the tournament naming genius. Jake knows a certain name (not sure if he wants to reveal or save the name, so I won't say it,) but I also invented "LOBSTER" and "Super Mass Bros."

I'll try my hardest to name this tournament, Jake.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
LOL so he did reveal the name. Genesis ain't got nothing on SNES.

OH SNAP DID I JUST SAY THAT

Jman115

Smash Journeyman
Ill definitely be there. Ill be bringing 1 or 2 setups.
Im new to the TO scene, but I definitely don't mind helping organize tourneys. By the time this happens I should have a few tournaments under my belt. I organized one last month, will have another this month. If things go well I should have a few more before summer.

Buuman

Smash Ace
Can't wait. Jake, we may be able to use this venue in CT that OBM knows about. Nana held one of his tournies at it. I forgot where exactly

Hax

Smash Champion
super smash brothers

MELEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

noodles

Smash Champion
Can't wait. Jake, we may be able to use this venue in CT that OBM knows about. Nana held one of his tournies at it. I forgot where exactly
i think your talking about the one in waterbury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom