• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Echoing Mila's Blessing: The Celica for Smash Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

"Celica Casts Her Shadow!"

...You have no idea how much I wanted to make it "Celica Rocks the Boat," but I'll refrain. :p

This thread will be pretty bare until I get my hands on Shadows of Valentia, but I figured I'd make this now, seeing as Alm recently got one. I'm remaining mostly spoiler free, save for stuff officially put out by Nintendo, so feel free to visit here even if you're wary. There will be some more minor things, but this is limited to attack names, which aren't really major. That said, I'd advise everyone to remain courteous when it comes to spoilers, even for things that were in Gaiden. Understandably, not everyone who is getting Shadows of Valentia will have played Gaiden or know its plot.

INTRODUCTION: Who is Celica?

Without giving any spoilers, Celica is one of the two main characters of Fire Emblem Gaiden and its remake, Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. She was Alm's best friend growing up, but eventually the two separated. In her time away, she became a priestess. For combat, she is proficient in swordplay and spell casting.

"ANOTHER FIRE EMBLEM CHARACTER?"
Hell yeah.

"Sword and sorcery? What separates her from Robin, or the other Fire Emblem characters?"

One major distinction is the fact that magic works much differently in Gaiden and Shadows of Valentia than it does in other games! There, mages don't require tomes to cast spells, instead selecting a spell from a drop down menu. While strong, these spells come at a cost, and the caster pays for their spell with some of their health. This could lead to a unique niche in Smash, something that Pichu should have been.

Essentially, Celica's gimmick would come from her chargeable special moves and smash attacks. The more she charges them, the more powerful they become. However, the stronger they become, the more recoil damage is done to Celica. Hers could potentially be the game's strongest projectiles, but the price would be paid in her damage percentage. Her sword, like with Robin, would be used in some attacks, like her three step jab and dash attack, but would be used to a lesser degree to focus on her casting gimmick.

I'll draw up a complete moveset once I play and complete Shadows of Valentia, but some moves Celica could use include Fire, Excalibur, Seraphim, and True Ragnarok, alongside potentially summoning illusionary heroes and utilizing Mila's Turnwheel, due to her connection as a Priestess.

Followers of Mila (Celica Support List):
Opossum

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom