• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Echoes between Worlds - Princess Hilda Support Thread

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hilda Support Thread

453px-ALBW_Hilda.png

Intro
Ruler of the crumbling world of Lorule, Hilda is the dark mirror of Princess Zelda. While A Link Between Worlds Zelda is a cheerful and hopeful person, Hilda in contrast is a melancholy figure, lamenting the ruin of her kingdom.

Wouldn't she just be an alternate color?
That's just the thing, she isn't.

She's got a "Dark" costume as Twilight Zelda did before her but nothing that looks like Hilda.
Seems a rather odd oversight, especially given that this Zelda is based of the Triforce of the Gods Duology (Link to the Past and Link Between Worlds) so what's up? Could a Hilda Echo be waiting in the wings?

Isn't she just a recolor?
ALBW Zelda.png

Not exactly, if you look closely, while very similar, Zelda and Hilda have a number of non color differences. The staff, the different hairstyles, the jewellery details (Tiara especially) give her more to stand out. Hilda even has long gloves like previous Smash Zeldas. Besides, Dark Pit is already an Echo and all he has differing him is a dirty look.

Supporters List
  1. Me( Guybrush20X6 Guybrush20X6 )
  2. Takasmash Takasmash
  3. S SEGAGameBoy
  4. The Sparrow The Sparrow
  5. Horologium Horologium
  6. AIM0001 AIM0001
  7. fogbadge fogbadge
  8. Thani Thani
  9. Wolfie557 Wolfie557
  10. Katy Parry Katy Parry
  11. R R.O.B.B.E.D
  12. Octorox Octorox
  13. MattX20 MattX20
  14. Wonks Wonks
  15. Banjodorf Banjodorf
  16. Sari Sari
  17. DeltaSceptile DeltaSceptile
  18. Luminario Luminario
  19. Androobie Androobie
  20. AIM0001 AIM0001
  21. Miifighters4Smash5 Miifighters4Smash5
  22. D dimensionsword64
  23. Icedragonadam Icedragonadam
  24. Erotic&Heretic Erotic&Heretic
  25. HanAmes HanAmes
  26. OhMyBanana54 OhMyBanana54
  27. chandy chandy
  28. B BottledFairy
  29. Demonfunds Demonfunds
  30. CaptainMapleSyrup CaptainMapleSyrup
  31. DeltaSceptile DeltaSceptile
  32. Dixie Kong Dixie Kong
  33. Firewolf73 Firewolf73
  34. Red Dead Redeemed Red Dead Redeemed
  35. LaughingLefou LaughingLefou
  36. NintenRob NintenRob
  37. THE 6r THE 6r
  38. KirbyMonadoBoy KirbyMonadoBoy
  39. TeamFlareZakk TeamFlareZakk
  40. JazzaDawg JazzaDawg
  41. USAnyan USAnyan
  42. NukeA6 NukeA6
  43. scoobymcsnack scoobymcsnack
  44. L Loz18-Echo
  45. Midnight Torch Midnight Torch
  46. @psb123
  47. Jurae818 Jurae818
  48. Jeck Jeck
  49. Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy
  50. Wurmple for smash Wurmple for smash
  51. Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12

Last edited:

Takasmash

Smash Ace
No wait I want Hilda as Zelda echo fighter over Toon Zelda. I want Hilda in Smash Ultimate she'll be the female version of Dark Pit.

The Sparrow

Smash Cadet
NNID
SPTheSparrow
I support! I loved A Link Between Worlds and I have a immense love for Princess Hilda. I'd blow my head off if we actually get her as a fighter, even if just an echo fighter.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Hey if it means we get Link Between Worlds music and stage rep along with Hilda. I’m all for it. Whether it be original move set or as a echo entry. I think she would be cool!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They kind of should have just given Zelda a Hilda alternate costume. It IS kind of suspicious they didn't

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
They kind of should have just given Zelda a Hilda alternate costume. It IS kind of suspicious they didn't
Especially considering that Hyrule Warriors gave their Warrior Princess Zelda a Hilda recolor looooong before they officially added A Link Between Worlds content. Makes me think they're working on something, hence this thread.

No wait I want Hilda as Zelda echo fighter over Toon Zelda. I want Hilda in Smash Ultimate she'll be the female version of Dark Pit.
The whole Echo concept seems ripe for dark counterparts. Funny thing is DP, Hilda and the rest all have different takes on the trope. Dark Pit was created to be an evil clone type minion of the hero by the villains (though because Pit's too flippin' pure, his "evil" side is just moody with an independent streak), Hilda is Zelda's counterpart from another universe, Dark Samus is the main villain of the sub-series taking on the form of the hero and Shadow the Hedgehog is the classic "has nothing to do with the hero whatsoever in canon and is mistaken for hero cause everyone thinks all hedgehogs look exactly the same."

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
due to my obsession with the zelda series i automatically support all zelda characters

hilda would be awesome to play as even if it was as an echo of zelda with a soldier enemy instead of a phantom

though it would be a little odd if she didnt have her staff

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
due to my obsession with the zelda series i automatically support all zelda characters

hilda would be awesome to play as even if it was as an echo of zelda with a soldier enemy instead of a phantom

though it would be a little odd if she didnt have her staff
I'm thinking she'd bring out her staff in taunts and in her Final Smash.

Though speaking of animations, she could reuse Smash 4 Zelda's more reserved animations, contrasting Zelda's new peppier ones.

Thani

Smash Cadet
Forget Zelda echo, have Hilda as a Palutena echo! Have her twirl her Triforce staff around in similar vein to Palutena. I find it interesting to imagine some echo fighters as clones outside of their own series, such as with what I just suggested, or with that Giegue as a Mewtwo echo I've seen touted in a few topics by others.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
I beat ALBW and don't remember her actually doing anything resembling an attack in it.
What would be the point?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I beat ALBW and don't remember her actually doing anything resembling an attack in it.
What would be the point?
Behold, chopped liver.

:ultfalcon:(shot someone with a gun he never uses in Smash)
:ultduckhunt:(Laughter hurts)
:ultdoc:(Brightly colored pills, they'll cure all your ills~)
:ultfox:(Star Fox Adventures came out long after Melee)
:ultfalco:(Assault came longer after Melee)
:ultsheik:(Her moveset isn't based around exposition after all)
:ultrob:(Unless you consider trojaning a games console on to shelves an attack)
:ultvillager:(Unless you count smacking animal villagers with a bug net)
:ultzelda:(Closest thing to an attack before Smash was holding Ganon in place in OoT)
:ultwiifittrainer:(nuff said)

Lack of previous combat experience is no barrier to this fighting game. Kinda nutty but that's how it works,.

solskenslakt

Smash Rookie
NNID
monsieurrorro
3DS FC
2509-4165-5099
That would be awesome, but I kind of don't really see it happening. Maybe we will get a Hilda costume and it just hasn't been shown yet?

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I would love to have Hilda I absolutely love that character.
Especially considering that Hyrule Warriors gave their Warrior Princess Zelda a Hilda recolor looooong before they officially added A Link Between Worlds content. Makes me think they're working on something, hence this thread.

The whole Echo concept seems ripe for dark counterparts. Funny thing is DP, Hilda and the rest all have different takes on the trope. Dark Pit was created to be an evil clone type minion of the hero by the villains (though because Pit's too flippin' pure, his "evil" side is just moody with an independent streak), Hilda is Zelda's counterpart from another universe, Dark Samus is the main villain of the sub-series taking on the form of the hero and Shadow the Hedgehog is the classic "has nothing to do with the hero whatsoever in canon and is mistaken for hero cause everyone thinks all hedgehogs look exactly the same."
There is no correlation between Smash and Hyrule Warriors. The games are different in nature and so do things very differently.

Hyrule Warriors will hopefullt get trophies and some music in Smash...hopefully.
(lana would be a great assist trophy though)

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
The only reason I feel this is unlikely are most echo fighters are in more than one game. Zelda's design is based on Link between world's just like sheiks is based on BOTW. Hilda doesn't have enough repore with casual Nintendo audiences to be recognizable and therefore worthy of an appearance

That being said, she'd be awesome. I'd love to see another mage. Maybe she could have a mix of moves from palutena and Zelda. Since palutena has a staff.

Plus I hate palutena

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The only reason I feel this is unlikely are most echo fighters are in more than one game. Zelda's design is based on Link between world's just like sheiks is based on BOTW. Hilda doesn't have enough repore with casual Nintendo audiences to be recognizable and therefore worthy of an appearance

That being said, she'd be awesome. I'd love to see another mage. Maybe she could have a mix of moves from palutena and Zelda. Since palutena has a staff.

Plus I hate palutena
Dark Pit appeared in a grand total of 1 game and at the time so did Lucina so I'm not sure where you got that idea from. Did they say something about that being the new direction?

R.O.B.B.E.D

Smash Rookie
I haven't play ALBW yet but I really want to. That being said, I would still support Hilda in Smash. While I'm loving the changes made to Zelda's gameplay and how positive her new design has been received, I loved how serious/bored Zelda always looked in Melee, Brawl, and Smash4. I'm not a big fan of Zelda being bubbly and cutesy, so maybe Hilda can bring some melancholy and take up that serious role now that Zelda is "energetic"

Octorox

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
Toon Zelda could not be an echo fighter because her proportions are so different from Zelda's. I actually see Hilda as fairly likely and would be totally okay with her being in.

Last edited:

Takasmash

Smash Ace
Toon Zelda could not be an echo fighter because her proportions are so different from Zelda's. I actually see Hilda as fairly likely and would be totally okay with her being in.
Toon Zelda could work but what about Tetra will she transform Tetra or Tetra will have on slot like Sheik maybe Tetra for her Final Smash.

Octorox

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
I think Tetra would be her own slot, and is more likely than Toon Zelda. To be honest, I don't foresee either of them making them in.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wondering, Lorule must have it's own equivalent of the 3 goddesses. Wonder what they were called. Maybe if she's an echo this game will give confirmation.

Hope it's not something like Blyru's Love or Schmaror's Wind.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Kinda late but: Shadow mistaken from Sonic in one game. One game where he made his debut and his concept art (which was changed only in last minute) was pretty much Sonic with a scar. Likely there was no time to change the scene.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Ever since Smash Ultimate showed off Zelda's new incarnation to take over the Twilight Princess version as well as the colors at the demo, I was completely convinced Hilda would be one of the most likely echo fighters alongside Ninten from the Mother trilogy. Count me in!

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
Even though I'm not familiar with any of the games she's been in, I'd totally be on board with her. I always thought Zelda could be a main for me, but it never worked out. Maybe with a few tweaks, Hilda could fill that role.

osby

Smash Obsessed
On topic of Hilda: Weren't clones we got until this point were really popular and requested?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
On topic of Hilda: Weren't clones we got until this point were really popular and requested?
Not necessarily.

Dr. Mario for instance, was added solely because of how jammin' his theme turned out.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Oh hey, I finally found the thread. Put me on whatever we have for a Supporter list, 100%.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Wondering, Lorule must have it's own equivalent of the 3 goddesses. Wonder what they were called. Maybe if she's an echo this game will give confirmation.

Hope it's not something like Blyru's Love or Schmaror's Wind.
surely theyd be more likely to be named after pre existing characters, though it would be great for them to expand on lorule's lore

i imagine shed have a lorulean knight instead of a phantom

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Please add me to the supporter list. I loved ALBW and Hilda would be perfect as an echo fighter for Zelda.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
Count me in. Zelda has been long overdue for "new" reps, and Between Hilda and Impa, I'd say this is more likely.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Count me in. Zelda has been long overdue for "new" reps, and Between Hilda and Impa, I'd say this is more likely.
That, and I feel most people would rather have Impa be a little bit more unique than Sheik's moveset ala the Hyrule Warriors version. Hilda however would be one of the easiest ones for the developers to work with.

Luminario

Smash Lord
She could be perfect for those Zelda players who want the Death Stare TP Zelda back. Serving eternal better-than-you looks.
Her Din's Fire could have the Dark Fire effect like Ganondorfs attacks, and her Phantom could have that thorn motif over it like when Yuga absorbed Hilda. Her FS could be Zelda's upside down, but maybe changing it so that the characters get sealed inside a painting would be cooler.

Link Between Worlds was one of the games I went into completely blind and I'm so happy I did. Hilda's story really made me feel for her as the tragic ruler forced to desperate measures. She should have been a unique character in Hyrule Warriors instead of Yuga.

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
I’ve said this before in another thread, but I think it would be cool if her attacks had darkness effects instead of magical effects, akin to the Shadow Queen costume from Project M. That could be one of the several things to separate her from Zelda.

Also, put me on that supporter list!

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Not my first choice for a Zelda series echo (that would be Impa), I wouldn't be upset if she happened either. I love the Zelda series and Hilda was neat.

Although it'd be pretty funny that Ravio and Yuga get into Hyrule Warriors while Hilda gets into Smash.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I wouldn’t mind as long as we got maybe a meaningful newcomer like Impa or Skull Kid. But how would she play compared to Zelda?

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Hilda would be so awesome. Instead of the phantom knight, you could give her Ravio as her attack. Then add different Lorule affects to her attacks and maybe Yuga painting as her FS then we might have something.

Top Bottom